[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Toxapex is still OU what went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: C6JJhOxUwAE2D_U.png (984KB, 991x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6JJhOxUwAE2D_U.png
984KB, 991x1200px
>Toxapex is still OU
what went so right?
>>
>minmaxing
>bulky water
>ferrothorn's waifu
>>
>>31987552
Mareanie is pretty cute. I was happily surprised when they brought back the james pokemon love him to death thing with it.
>>
>>31987552
>high defenses but with low HP and non-existent attacking stats
How is this thing OU again?
>>
File: tox.jpg (376KB, 1280x1128px) Image search: [Google]
tox.jpg
376KB, 1280x1128px
>>31987552
Cool inspiration with a crown of thorns starfish, nice typing and movepool, good designs.

What went wrong is it somehow becoming a waifumon and idiots who think it ruins mareanie since it doesn't look as fuckable.
>>
>>31987575
The same way smogonites think deoxys defense should be uber: to protect their favorite pokemon.
>>
>>31987575
>needing attacking stats when you can just burn and/or Toxic everything
>with Recover, Regenerator, and a more than correct defensive typing
>>
>>31987593
>idiots who think it ruins mareanie since it doesn't look as fuckable
Bunch of casuals. Toxapex is clearly the better lay.
>>
>>31987552
Well Toxapex only had to sacrifice dignity and respect by becoming stallfaggotry incarnate. In the end, was it worth it?
>>
>>31987632
Toxapex is good in balance teams though.
>>
>>31987632

That depends, since it earned my respect and made me want to treat it with dignity.

>That feel when it only feels like yesterday when you were first yearning for it, Mareanie (name not revealed yet) barely leaked in the TCG box, unaware of how great of a mon it'd be in the future
>Saw thumbnail leak of Mareanie and Toxapex when demo happened, was literally freaking out and out of the blue, Water/Poison did manage to happen (my initial prediction on appearance alone)

Words cannot describe how much of a favorite this line became.
>>
>>31987596
Enlighten me as to why deoxys-d shouldn't be in ubers
>>
>>31987552
>what went so right?
Well what do you think?

>Excellent physical AND special bulk
>Recover
>Regenerator
>Immunity to Toxic
>Toxic that never misses
>STAB Scald

Toxapex has literally everything it wants. Minmaxed stats, excellent defensive typing, one of the top 3 best defensive abilities in the game, reliable recovery (the lack of this is the main reason why so many defensive Pokemon suck), immune to the most harmful status condition to a defensive Mon, and so on. It's as if the guys at Game Freak were purposely trying to create as broken stallmon as possible.
And while they didn't quite succeed in making it broken, it's nevertheless one of absolute best (defensive) Pokemon in the metagame.
>>
What is that misdreavus doing inside those tentacles? lol
>>
>>31987740
Why the fuck does everybody forget it can also learn Stockpile, Haze, AND Liquidation? Those 3 things are the cornerstone of making a beast even more broken! Seriosly. -_-
>>
>>31987556
Human Ferrothorn x Toxapex when?
>>
>>31987974
Why would it ever use Liquidation when scald exists
>>
File: CywiueHUsAEyFNK.jpg (41KB, 380x576px) Image search: [Google]
CywiueHUsAEyFNK.jpg
41KB, 380x576px
>>31987994
This
>>
>>31987974
<Stockpile
<Liquidation

KEK
>>
>>31987974

I do agree with >>31988009
But whats the point if they're poisoned?
>>
>>31987994
>human
Need on model lewds first
>>
>>31989386
Liquidation is garbage
Not everything can be poisoned
>>
>>31989386
You don't want to poison everything, and not everything can be poisoned.

Against steel and poison, both very common types, poisoning is a no go.

Against physical attackers, you're much better off neutering their attack with a burn than having more DPT.

It's all about situation: Toxic for bulky mons and other things that get ruined by it, Scald for physical attackers, things immune to poison, and squishy mons where just attacking will deal more DPM than the slow buildup of Toxic.
>>
>>31989386

Forgot to add to this >>31990565...

Infestation is also viable, as it traps mons and does work on both Poison and Steel types, and stacks damage with Toxic, and removes a solid percentage of health.

That said, Scald's high BP, burn chance, and STAB all compensate for Toxapex's low attack stats. It's rather a toss-up between Infestation and Scald, but Scald is generally better on average, against the average team. Though Infestation often does fuck up Stallfags supremely hard, making Toxapex the chemo to itself.

Anyway, while there is a case to be made for either Scald or Infestation, there is no reason to ever use Liquidation. It's just bad In every way, bad. Not as a move itself, it's quite good on some other mons, but on Toxapex? No, never ever use it on it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.