[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arora!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: VSDancer_SM.png (36KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSDancer_SM.png
36KB, 400x240px
Pokemon sun and moon have 241 trainer battles , including the first encounter of the league and postgame (ex the eeveelutions battles).

Did they feel many or few to you?
Did they feel disproportionately distributed?
You wanted more?
You wanted less?
You wanted a different distribution, like more of them early or more of them late in the game?
>>
>>31986446
Barely remember the shitmon wielding trainers I stomp in every Pokemon game. Most of my time is spent collecting and trading.
>>
>>31986446
how does this compare to other games
>>
I think they were the right amount, the problem was the levels and amount of pokemon trainers carried.
>>
File: 1363920914821.jpg (73KB, 746x514px) Image search: [Google]
1363920914821.jpg
73KB, 746x514px
>>31986488
Not op, but I'm sure its lower.
At least on a route ratio. I'm replaying Blue right now and it feels as if most routes have at least ten trainers.
>>
>>31986446
I actually went through and counted, based on online walkthroughs. In the first 4 gens:

Gen 1: 340
Gen 2: 340 total (230 Johto, 110 Kanto)
Gen 3: 314
Gen 4: 451 (77 postgame)

I didn't check gens 5 and 6, but there are definitely fewer battles over, at least in 7. My guess was they had to lower the numbers to make the math still work right, assuming Exp. Share was on.
>>
>>31986488
Op here.

Sorry man, I went through bulbapedia's 'Trainers' section for every route and area in alola and count the trainers.

I won't do it for all 6 other gens. But if someone wants to contribute is welcome.

I did this because I'm in my 4th run through alola and the trainers feel so few . And I also like handwriting things.

Busiest route is 1 with 11 and 14 after champion.
Less busy route 16 with 1 and 13 with 0.
>>
>>31986561
Op here.

Thank you anon.

I haven't keep data like that main/post game.

But I have the numbers for every place in alola cause I wrote it down.

I wish I did though.
>>
>>31986689
Haven't kept*
>>
>>31986689
I also wrote down the total number of trained mons you face, but not their distribution.

Gen 1: 844
Gen 2: 781 (510 Johto, 271 Kanto)
Gen 3: 679
Gen 4: 934 (150 postgame)
>>
>>31986721
Was there a relatively easy way to do this or was it similar to my way of counting?

I d like to take a deeper look at this.

I love handwriting stuff but my time is not unlimited.

Again, good job there anon.
>>
>>31986446
>Did they feel many or few to you?
Just enough
>Did they feel disproportionately distributed?
not really, i feel there was too many in a few zones tho, like when you need to go to meet olivia, there was like 12 battles in between.
and then there was that part were you needed to go take the bus to the observatory and in that zone where the bus stop is there was at least 8 trainers.

>You wanted more?
>You wanted less?
>You wanted a different distribution, like more of them early or more of them late in the game?
It's fine.
>>
>>31986769
I did it the same way you did. I'll have to do it again for gens 5 and 6, but my guess would be than gen 5 was similar where gen 6 took a huge dropoff.
>>
>>31986814
I just get the feeling that they were too few. They are ok at some points but very few at others. So in average they look meh.

Considering what >>31986561 said we are close to 100 less battles than the first 4 generations.
This is my first original 3d generation. I didn't play XY so maybe the 3d models played a role. (I played oras and they felt fine)
>>
>>31986561
I'd like to know HGSS's numbers. Should be higher with a few extra routes

Still, great work anon.

>>31986446
I didnt mind, but it's pretty sad the entire game is comparable to just Johto alone in Gen 2.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.