[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why did Dartrix turn into a ghost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1418906331779.jpg (96KB, 936x532px) Image search: [Google]
1418906331779.jpg
96KB, 936x532px
So why did Dartrix turn into a ghost?
>>
>>31985386

It didn't.

Decidueye is like Sableye, Oricorio, and Alolan Marowak in that it's not an actual ghost, it just has shadow/darkness elemental powers.
>>
>>31985386
Decidueye is based on an extinct species of owl from Hawaii.
>>
>>31985400
Then why isn't it Dark type?
>>
>>31985386
They had to go all the way in getting rid of the cool gentleborb thing Rowlet and Dartrix had.

It's really sad, honestly.
>>
>>31985417
Something something Evil type
>>
>>31985417

Because Dark types for the most part aren't shadow elementals, they're dirty fighters.

Most of the moves involving actual shadows/darkness (Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Force) are Ghost type, not Dark.

The type is even called the Aku (which means wicked or evil) type in Japanese.
>>
It needed to be someone else, to become something else.
>>
Same reason Torracat becomes a fucking heel wrestler
>>
>>31985386
I think Grass/Ghost is cool, but it doesn't make much sense and nothing on the design suggests it should be Ghost
>>
Dartrix saved Otacon and got the optical camo.
>>
File: 1488647512233.png (341KB, 800x824px) Image search: [Google]
1488647512233.png
341KB, 800x824px
>>31985386
>implying owls are birds
>>
With starters, it's clear that the first and final stages are designed first, and the middle stages are just designed as in-betweens, which is why they end up so awkward looking.

Though with Dartrix, it makes sense considering the Robin Hood basis.
>>
>>31986165
Actually, I recall an interview a while ago(during gen 6) about how Gamefreak wanted to design starter mid-evos to have their own character/personality(which can be seen clearly in Dartrix and Brionne) instead of just being a stepping stone to the final stage.
>>
>>31985437
So then how does Dark Pulse work?
>>
>>31986244

>The user releases a horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts. This may also make the target flinch.

It's just the Pokemon channeling its negative thoughts into an attack. Basically an evil version of Aura Sphere.
>>
>>31985437
I, AKU
>>
>>31985801
>heel
When will you barafags stop this meme?
They just ran out of time, designed a Fire/Fighting starter and made it Dark type so you wouldn't be completely assmad. Never is it canonly stated that it is a heel.
>>
>>31986317
It's species name is heel btw, check the pokedex
>>
>>31986317
>Never is it canonly stated that it is a heel.

Literally stated in the concept that leaked all the way back in June that it's a dirty fighter.

>Literally called the Heel Pokemon
>Sun Pokedex: This Pokémon has a violent, selfish disposition. If it's not in the mood to listen, it will ignore its Trainer's orders with complete nonchalance.
>>
>>31986317

>Literally the Heel Pokemon
>Has a signture move called Throat Chop
>Violent and selfish

Sorry, autismo, but it fits the bill for the Dark type. It's a brute who relies on brute strength, Fighting-type Pokemon don't fight like that.
>>
>>31986528
>signture move called Throat Chop
Hello, October 2016.
Spoiler Alert: Trump wins
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.