[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon is better.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 22

Watch Tri and explain how I'm wrong.
>>
>>31983670
Every Digimon that ends with -mon.
>>
>>31983670
Your not the anime is vastly superior but I enjoy the pokemon games more although i really loved cyber sleuth
>>
>>31983685
This.
>>
>>31983685
You're
>>
>>31983670
Digimon anime has much better characters and story than all of the Pokemon games and anime combined.
The manga has pretty much the same tier story and characters as any Digimon anime, though. And I'd say SM also had better than both.
>>
anime is gay
>>
>>31983670
Tri isn't even particularly good.

If you want to compare anything then the original pokemon vs adventure, where I'd say the original pokemon series is a better children's show than adventure.
>>
>>31983685
This. Digimon always had the better anime, but Tri is fucking awful.
>>
>>31983670
The Anime is better than pokemon's.
The Game, however, is worse than pokemon.
>>
>>31983670
Too much of the plot centers around the digidestined brooding about their digimon's inevitable demise. Dramatic episodes are followed up by wacky bath house hijinx. It suffers from every trope that current anime suffers.

It's better than Pokemon without a doubt, but it's still a very flawed anime.
>>
>>31983670
Pokemon can do nostalgiafag pandering while never missing the original point of the franchise.

Tri is not even the best current digimon anime btw.
>>
>>31983756
>pokemon anime
>better than anything
No, and not even if it ended at kanto would it be better than digimon adventure.
>>
Only Adventure and Tamers have a real plot, the rest is very meh even Savers.
Pokemon is a long runnin series, Digimon not, and his animation and quality is very poor compared with other temporal animes.

Also Tri is the shittiest thing who ever happend to the franchise, even 02 is better than this garbage.
>>
>>31983670
Tai is not fucking his hot sister
>>
>>31984493
>Only Adventure and Tamers have a real plot, the rest is very meh even Savers.
>there's people that actually think this
>>
>>31984572
Oh yeah true, only Tamers have good character development and a real and deep story.
>>
>>31983670
>watching tri
>patamon warp digivolves into Opanimon because everyone else was doing it, fuck character arcs
>for some reason they needed 3 megas to beat Machinedramon when he got his shit pushed in by just WarGreymon the first time
>this is despite the fact MagnaAngemon is an Ultimate on par with Megas, so Ophanimon should be a Mega beyond most Megas
>WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon needed to team up against MetalSeadramon but WarGreymon managed to mostly solo him the first time

what did they mean by this

what did they mean by this
>>
>>31983670
Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Tri. But every episode of digimon is like 10 minutes of the same recycled digivolving footage.
>>
>>31983670
Meh.
I like some of the designs (mostly the bugs), but most of them have this odd, wrinkly look I don't like. Too many patches on the robotic ones too.
>>
>>31984348

>opinions
>>
>>31983670
There's no need to because it's true. Digimon's anime has always been better than Pokemon's ashnime garbage.
>>
>>31984030
Adding on to this, so far all 4 films have followed the same formula of 2.5 acts of character development followed by a half act of action then the movie's conclusion. It's a very slow buildup. 3 and 4 suffered from this more.
>>
>>31984738
Its not opinion, its objective. Digimon adventure went somewhere. Pokemon anime didn't while pretending it does....for freaking 20 years, there's nothing below it.
>>
Hunters is better than Tri.
>>
>>31984740
>one aspect of this multimedia franchise is better than the same aspect on this other multimedia franchise
>therefore, you can properly compare the entirety of both
Back to 9fag please.
>>
>>31984643
>>watching tri
>>patamon warp digivolves into Opanimon because everyone else was doing it, fuck character arcs
So A, patamon's mega is Seraphimon. Ophanimon is one of Gatomon/Tailmon's megas. It wasn't great how they executed it here. TK had some development last film but it's really a shame they didn't give him the same focus as the others. Not gonna disagree they dropped the ball here.

>>for some reason they needed 3 megas to beat Machinedramon when he got his shit pushed in by just WarGreymon the first time
In the original Adventure series, it was stated that Wargreymon's claw weapons were "dramon" destroyers and gave him an advantage over -dramon digimon.

>>this is despite the fact MagnaAngemon is an Ultimate on par with Megas, so Ophanimon should be a Mega beyond most Megas
>>WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon needed to team up against MetalSeadramon but WarGreymon managed to mostly solo him the first time

Adding on for all of these, when they faced the dark masters the first time, they were still inexperienced and got their shit stomped in. All the chosen children's digimon were reset and basically went from in-training to mega in the span of a day, so they were running more on pure firepower than strategy for these fights.
>>
>>31984764
>better
True
>>
File: 1457491155740.jpg (41KB, 474x659px) Image search: [Google]
1457491155740.jpg
41KB, 474x659px
>>31984775
Where in my post did I say that Digimon is better than Pokemon? I said the anime was better you fucking moron.
>>
>>31984880
>OP says Digimon is better
>There's no need to because it's true.
You agred with the statement. Learn to read.
>>
>>31984764
you have awful taste
hunters is the worst series, no exceptions
unless appmon turns out worse I guess
>>
Tamers > Xros Wars Death Generals > Adventure > Savers > Tri > Frontier > Xros Wars > 02 > Appmon > Xros Hunters
>>
>>31984898
i thought appmon was just a game

you might as well put stuff like re:digitize and cyber sleuth in there
>>
>>31984898
I've not watched appmon, but I like you, anon
>>
>>31984889
OP also only mentioned the anime.
>>
File: 010.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
>>31983670
As someone who grew up preferring Digimon over Pokemon, I honestly think comparing the two and trying to pick which one is objectively "better" is unfair. The two franchises are made for entirely different kinds of audiences. That's reflected in their shows, games, even down to the monster designs and music.

They're both franchises where combat and strategy revolve around monsters and have "mon" at the end of their names, and have some focus on exploring the world, but that's about as far as the similarities go. In Pokemon, you can have many different partners, but in Digimon, you're limited to one, sometimes two. In Pokemon, you can switch out between different partners to be the most effective at overcoming obstacles or beating opponents. In Digimon, the strength and effectiveness of your partner is based entirely on how you care for it, and a single fuckup can have serious consequences.

And in the anime of both shows, there's a huge difference in how relationships are portrayed. In Pokemon's anime, the people Ash meets and interacts with helps him develop better, stronger relationships with his Pokemon. In Digimon, it's the opposite; the protagonists build better relationships with their Digimon, and that in turn helps them be more communicative with other people.

And then there are the monster designs. In Pokemon, every single monster is designed to have some element of looking friendly enough to be a partner for the player. Even dangerous, legendary beasts have their more threatening elements toned down. While this prevents any Pokemon from having a really threatening/intimidating designs, players don't have to feel discouraged from having an "evil" Pokemon on their team. Meanwhile, in Digimon, that restriction is gone. Even vicious, dangerous, bloodthirsty monsters like Machinedramon could potentially be a player's partner and not be "evil".

So yeah, cut the crap.
Though a crossover game would be rad.
>>
>>31984898
Appmon, right now it's much better than Xros Wars.
Also yes Tamers is the best series so far.
>>
>>31983670
games>anime
>>
>>31984914
Appmon is a series and so far it's basically Hunters with potential.
Nothing will beat the entire Xros series' OST though. That shit is godly.
>>
>>31984945
Agree with you 100%. The way I'd describe your last point is that Digimon are designed to be monsters, whilst Pokémon are designed to be creatures.
>>
>>31984937
No, he mentioned an anime of the many digimon has to prove digimon is better. He didn't clarify and neither did you.
>>
>>31984898
I havent seen xros and yh. That said
>tri above anything that isnt 2
>appmon below 02 and frontier
>>
>>31984945
>I honestly think comparing the two and trying to pick which one is objectively "better" is unfair. The two franchises are made for entirely different kinds of audiences. That's reflected in their shows, games, even down to the monster designs and music.

Why does that even matter? Their goal is the same. In case of the games, they want to entertain the player enough to spread the word around, so more people buy their games. In case of anime, they want to entertain the viewer enough to have them spend money on merch or the games. That's it. In the end, the one who does the job better is, well, better. Comparing them is as fair as anything.
>>
>>31985079
>In the end, the one who does the job better is, well, better.
At doing their job, yes. But the actual critical value is subjective.
>>
>>31985057
>I need to have everything told to me exactly as it should be because I'm too dumb to use my head
>>
>>31985089
Literally everything that is subjective. That isn't what we're talking about. I can say the shit I took this morning is better than Digimon. That's subjective too, so is my statement perfectly fine? No, it's fucking not.

In the end, this is a competition. Both of these franchise are competing for people's money. If they're both competing for the same thing using the same medium, then it's completely and totally fair to compare them.
>>
>>31985120
>Both of these franchise are competing for people's money. If they're both competing for the same thing using the same medium, then it's completely and totally fair to compare them.
So any franchise that has a show and video games is essentially competing with each other and worth comparing? Thomas the Tank Engine has video games, a show, and it's out to make money. Should I compare that to Digimon and Pokemon too?
>>
File: 1475460426570.jpg (65KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475460426570.jpg
65KB, 360x480px
>>31983670
Digimon Anime > Pokemon Anime
Pokemon Games > Digimon Games

Pokemon human girls > Digimon human girls
Digimon waifumons > Pokemon waifumons
>>
File: 49444892_p0.png (987KB, 904x1066px) Image search: [Google]
49444892_p0.png
987KB, 904x1066px
>>31985200
Well you're not wrong.
>>
>>31985193
Yes, and it's shit compared to both. Even if target audience is different, the end goal and the medium it's using to get there is the same, so it's fair to compete.

Or did you really expect a "No, Thomas the Tank Engine is too boring to be compared" as an answer?
>>
>>31985220
>Or did you really expect a "No, Thomas the Tank Engine is too boring to be compared" as an answer?
No, I was expecting "No, Thomas isn't made for the same target audience as Pokemon is, so it wouldn't make sense". But that you think a preschool show about talking trains IS legitimately worth comparing to Pokemon certainly does come as a surprise.
>>
>>31985245
It is a game, and it is trying to get people to buy it. Why the fuck does the target audience matter? Because its target audience is kids, it's okay for the game to be shit? Because that somehow excuses it? That makes no sense.
>>
>>31984898
>Tamers
>best
I guess people with good taste exist out there.
>>
>>31985092
>I cant accept my inhability to read so i'll blame you.

>>31984945
>le these two things are different so csnt be compared
Conpletely missing the point of comparison.

>>31985089
>the actual critical value is subjective
Its not actual critical value if it is subjective.
>>
>>31985278
>Why the fuck does the target audience matter?

Because two different audiences are not going to buy the same thing.

That's why things are marketed in different ways, why some shows don't show or mention certain sensitive subjects, why some games show blood and some don't, why some movies are rated PG and others are rated R, why books are in different sections in a library, and why the word "genre" fucking exists.

Things are targeted at specific groups of people to sell, with the expectation being that people from that audience will go out and buy that product. Sometimes, people outside that demographic get interested too. Sometimes a product fails in its target audience but becomes immensely successful with a different audience, and changes its marketing strategy accordingly.

Do you...really not know any of this? Have you ever read up on anything related to marketing and audiences?
>>
>>31985200
>Pokemon human girls > Digimon human girls
Only for that I choose Pokémon
>>
>>31985352
>why some movies are rated PG and others are rated R
Another thing that exists for a whole another reason. Nothing to do with this.

>why books are in different sections in a library, and why the word "genre" fucking exists
They exist to make it easier for the consumer to find the specific things they are looking for. Again, another thing entirely, nothing to do with the argument at hand.

If both are games, and both are trying to do the same things, make money, then it doesn't matter what the target audience was. Pokemon can just as easily add blood, but it didn't. Because that's what the developers thought was the better way to go about it. Digimon did, because that's what its developers thought would be better.

The only real difference between Pokemon and Digimon is the amount of effort that went into making them, and the skill of the people making them. That's it. Other than that, they both tried to do the same thing, and both got different about of success.

How is it wrong to compare both just because Digimon tries to do different things? Because not everyone likes the things Digimon does, making it less effective than Pokemon? That's your reasoning for why the two shouldn't be compared?
>>
>>31984945
So let me get this straight. In a dancing competition, if two people show up with different styles of dancing, they shouldn't be judged or compared? Because they're different things with different appeal, it's not fair to compare them?
>>
>>31985057
To be fair, every and each one of the Digimon anime series is better than any of the Pokemon anime series.
>>
>>31985684
That's not what I was arguing about though.m
>>
>>31984762
>Something i like is better and that is objective.
>Digimon going anywhere.
>>
>>31985734
>Something i like is better and that is objective.
Please do explain how digimon abime went on for 20 years with nothing happening and/or how is that a good thing. Otherwise, you wont prove its subjective.

>Digimon going anywhere.
Out of all digimon anime, only two havent finished and i'm sure that's ginna be different in a year. But if you honestly think appmon isnt gonna end, please do explain why.
>>
>>31983670

Where the christ is this show in English? Not here for dub v sub wars, but I need to hear my main man Joshua Seth as Tai again
>>
>>31984945

Next Order 2 when, anon?
>>
File: wpcwqirqjijx.jpg (126KB, 1009x749px) Image search: [Google]
wpcwqirqjijx.jpg
126KB, 1009x749px
>>31985527
It's like comparing someone waltz dancing to someone playing The Blue Danube Waltz because they have similar names. If they had called it Pocket Creatures it wouldn't be seen as a rivalry nearly as much.
>>
>>31985200
Best opinion in the thread by far.
>>
File: tumblr_ol6z29eAhT1s1y5f1o5_1280.png (449KB, 1000x413px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol6z29eAhT1s1y5f1o5_1280.png
449KB, 1000x413px
>>31985527
Let me clear something up super quick.

If you want to compare the two franchises and pick which one you like better, that's fine. That makes sense. If you want to compare the things they do and evaluate what you think each one does better than the other, or why you like one more, that's fine.

To compare them and say one is objectively better than the other is bullshit. To say there's some grand competition going on and one franchise can be declared the "winner" is bullshit.

The free market is not a competition. It's an environment where you fight for survival. And in that sense, Digimon and Pokemon are both "winning" because they haven't died yet, whereas something like Monster Rancher is dead because it hasn't had a game in six years and there's not enough interest, nostalgic or otherwise, to bring it back.
>>
>>31986792
>To compare them and say one is objectively better than the other is bullshit.
It isn't, if you aren't smart enough to do so doesn't mean other people aren't. Le "nothing is objective" is a cancerous heritage of the 20th centruy's cultural zeitgeist and it should stop already.

>The free market is not a competition.
That's literally what it is as you defined on your next sentence.
>>
I can't.
>>
File: 1487219285099.jpg (57KB, 380x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487219285099.jpg
57KB, 380x450px
>>31986910
>being able to exist and survive is considered a competition
Oh hey, this is exactly why our eyes aren't meeting on this topic. This is literally the core of conservative politics. Life is a competitive survival game in that worldview, and I can't relate to that point of view.
>>
Only Digimon Seasons 1 and 3 are better than all of Pokemon. Seasons 2 and 4 are worse than most of Pokemon.
>>
>>31987062
>being able to exist and survive is considered a competition
It is when you have to do so at the cost of the others survival. Like, for example, the free market.

>This is literally the core of conservative politics.
That's the very definition of the free market concept. The concept doesn't have another "progresive" definition. Heck, the left is usually AGAINST free market.

> Life is a competitive survival game in that worldview, and I can't relate to that point of view.
We're not discussing our point of view though.

>>31987128
>all of pokemon
>most of pokemon
You mean anime only or overall?

If you mean anime only, then no, the pokemon anime is the absolute worst anime, nothing is below it. 02 was bad but at least it ended. Frontier is good even. You could make a case of Origin and Generations being better than 02 but proportion-wise those two are too short compared to the ashnime and you didn't specify.
>>
>>31984945
The crossover part. I like you anon. That's my life's dream.
>>
>>31985200
On point.
>>
>>31987182
If the free market is a competition, then "winning" would be based on longevity rather than quality. Even though the ashnime is bad, it's existed forever and will probably continue to exist forever, so it wins.
>>
File: DSCS-Physical-Asia-Vita.jpg (364KB, 1027x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DSCS-Physical-Asia-Vita.jpg
364KB, 1027x1280px
>>31983670
Pokémon (games) > Digimon (games) Cyber Sleuth is pretty good, though
Pokémon (as creatures) > Digimon (as creatures)

No idea about the anime, I haven't watched either for a long time.
>>
>>31987128
I cannot think of a single shonen anime that is worse than Pokemon except One Piece and its abortive pacing. Frontier was fine desu

Adventure 02 was kind of ass but at least it was better than all of Gen 5's anime series
>>
>>31987248
>If the free market is a competition, then "winning" would be based on longevity rather than quality.
If we compare the franchises based on economic criteria then yeah, that's obvious. But that's not the only way to compare them, just one. If we compare them by quality, which, us being consumers, should be more relevant(something that also should be obvious) then quality matters more than longevity(though, to be fair, longevity doesn't necesarilly mean profitability, which is not so relevant in pokemon and digimon's case, but might be in others).

>Even though the ashnime is bad, it's existed forever and will probably continue to exist forever, so it wins.
By profitability? Sure, but we aren't japanese investors.

Do keep in mind that I replied to you in >>31986910, and I'm not the same anon you were replying to on >>31986792. I forgot to clarify.
>>
>>31987321
>I cannot think of a single shonen anime that is worse than Pokemon
There's no worse anime, shonen or otherwise. Not sure why you brought up shonen though since pokemon isn't.

>except One Piece and its abortive pacing
One Piece anime has awful pacing, I agree, but shit happened between its start and now.
>>
>>31983670
>could have said Tamers
>shoot yourself in the foot instead

ya blew it OP
>>
>>31987323
Economic criteria is where Digimon and Pokemon are actually competing. If I spend $50 on Pokemon stuff, that's $50 I'm not spending on Digimon stuff. You can compare quality, but it's not a competition. If I enjoy watching Digimon, that doesn't make me any less able to enjoy watching Pokemon.
>>
>>31987432
>Economic criteria is where Digimon and Pokemon are actually competing.
From the POV of their creators. We aren't them(I thought this was obvious but apparently it isnt). And that's assuming they have the same target audience which is barely true these days.

> You can compare quality, but it's not a competition.
And? When did I say its a competition? I said the free market is.

>If I enjoy watching Digimon, that doesn't make me any less able to enjoy watching Pokemon.
.....and? doesn't mean you can't compare them or say one is better in any way.
>>
>>31987653
If the target market isn't even the same, they're not competing from the POV of consumers. Do you understand now?

The free market doesn't care about quality, which is what you care about. So stop using it to support your argument.

It means you can't compare them objectively unless you talk about profit or number of seasons made. Opinions are subjective.
>>
File: 1487775504959.png (337KB, 730x730px) Image search: [Google]
1487775504959.png
337KB, 730x730px
>>31987188
Honestly a crossover game would be so simple that I'm kinda pissed it hasn't happened yet.
A virus from the digital world corrupts the PC system in a region, and a Pokemon trainer has to enter the digital world to team up with a tamer, find the cause and wipe it out. Instead of catching Pokemon, as you restore parts of the PC system, you can "borrow" other people's Pokemon to aid you (or use your own from one of the main games).
>>
>>31983670
You could've used a better example like Tamers but you had to go with Tri which is hated even by hardcore digimon fans
>>
>>31983670
I watched a few episodes of Tri and shit was a soap opera, where are the digifights and digievolutions?

>We gotta fight
>NO WE DONT
>Tai pls
>>
>>31987758
>If the target market isn't even the same, they're not competing from the POV of consumers.
target market!=actual market
There's a fuckton of people who consume or consumed both which is the sole reason the comparison exists on the first place. You can enjoy and consume things not aimed at you, as proven by the fact that we're here on /vp/ and we aren't japanese kids or nostalgiafags.

>The free market doesn't care about quality, which is what you care about.
You're the one who brought up the free market though and I already agred that THERE quality is not as important, can you read properly?

>It means you can't compare them objectively unless you talk about profit or number of seasons made.
Nothing you've said on this post even comes close to proving this statement.

>Opinions are subjective.
Opinions are, not evaluation.
>>
>>31984898
>Xros anywhere near top ever
>Appmon near the bottom
>Tri above Frontier
I may have thrown up a little at your shit taste.
>>
Digimon Tri is a fucking shitshow. It's more about ships now and their new OC character.
>>
>>31983670
Tri has shipping and angst in it
>>
File: pokemon killer.jpg (229KB, 1200x719px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon killer.jpg
229KB, 1200x719px
>>31983670
Doesn't matter who's better as long as they are better than shitkai watch
>>
>>31988156
Yokai watch has komasan. Checkmate.
>>
Tri's animation is fucking beautiful

>animation doesn't matter in an action/adventure anime
fuck off with this retarded shit
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Right here y'all

I am a Dawnfag....Serena is shit...but they ALL lose to pic related
>>
>>31983685
/thread desu
>>
>>31988512
>Tri's animation is fucking beautiful
Ahahahahha

Been watching too much Sun/Moon anime?
>>
>>31984506
But TK is gonna tap that
>>
>>31983670
As an anime and story is miles above Pokemon.
As far as games go Pokemon is better.

Anyone that thinks that Pokemon > Digimon aesthetic wise is a fool.
>>
File: 1453421375808.jpg (34KB, 285x242px) Image search: [Google]
1453421375808.jpg
34KB, 285x242px
>>31985200
that comfy equilibrium
>>
>>31990932
I'm willing to agree with that but Tri has been a mess so far, last movie especially.
I counted six minutes of evolution stock footage(Kabuterimon line having been done previously) in what amounted to an eight minute battle.

While this is pretty average for the series this is *outright horrible* for a movie, even in four episode cut ups.
>>
>>31985220
>Yes, and it's shit compared to both.

Only in the CG era.
>>
>>31991120
>this is *outright horrible* for a movie
Not a fan of movies are you.
>>
>>31987826
>>Economic criteria is where Digimon and Pokemon are actually competing.
>From the POV of their creators. We aren't them(I thought this was obvious but apparently it isnt).

What point are you making? I took it as implying the shows are competing among consumers, but you've denied that. Were you being snippy for no reason?

>You're the one who brought up the free market though
No. >>31985527 isn't me, fyi.

>Nothing you've said on this post even comes close to proving this statement.
Fact: The Pokemon anime has run for 20+ years, longer than any Digimon anime. Conclusion: On the basis of longevity, Pokemon is superior.

If quality can be objectively measured, you shouldn't have any problems using facts to conclude the Digimon anime is superior.
>>
>>31991172
>No. >31985527 isn't me, fyi.
Meant >>31986792
>>
>>31991136
Oh no movie format is actually pretty fun and I was hyped for this.

Then they were a whole bunch of nothing with fight scenes tacked on at the end and this was...mostly tolerable, especially last movie.

Then this one happens and you kind of just have a bunch of nothing. Mugendramon gets shitwrecked in a situation where nobody gets to shine at all, and this includes Seraphimon's negative hype intro, and the fight itself was pitiful. I get they're trying to do the teen drama thing but holy shit I'd like a side of monster fight at least once a movie.
>>
File: 1462413417933.png (534KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462413417933.png
534KB, 720x960px
>>31983670

Digimon is for dramatic edgy preteens.
>>
>>31991186
>but holy shit I'd like a side of monster fight at least once a movie.
You mean like in every single one so far?
>>
>>31983685
this x100

Digimon: The Movie was GOD TIER
dont trust the rotten tomatoes edgelord reviews, you have to be a child/retard to really feel the magic

and the anime was great as well

the worst part is the digimon names tho
>>
>>31991190
>like in every one so far.
By side I mean more than 2 minutes.
So far the only really dynamic fight things we've gotten from Tri is Alphamon destroying the kids early on and Kabuterimon reaching mega.
Other scenes were there but very lackluster at best, with the current movie being the worst.

Shame, they have two movies left to wrap this up and I don't especially us getting to the meat of anything fun in that time.
>>
>>31991201
The movies are only good if you're watching it subbed. The dub is horrendous.
>>
>>31991201
>Digimon: The Movie was GOD TIER
As somebody who was there during the boom? Absolutely. With that said, I really enjoyed Our War Game playing Brave Heart over the PC speakers. Lots of fun in both languages.
>>31991186
>but holy shit I'd like a side of monster fight at least once a movie.
Sadly this does not seem to be the game Tri is playing.
>>
>>31991186
I can deal with minimal monster cock fightan but my problem is with the overall plot and it's pacing. They wasted the entire reboot subplot because only Sora really felt the repercussions from it. Why reset things and then have everybody instantly gain Ultimate forms back?
>>
>>31991202
>By side I mean more than 2 minutes.
Any longer and it becomes a drag just like most anime series. That said the only real difference is that the usual exposition doesn't happen during those scenes in Tri.
>>
>>31991228
>Why reset things and then have everybody instantly gain Ultimate forms back?
To show that it was an incomplete reboot and that some memories do remain.
>>
>>31991230
The problem is it already drags something fierce. We did not need bloats of nothing when there could be actual, fun, monster fights going on. Especially when Try has been doing poorly in making their "drama" parts hold investments.

They need a balance, not buying too heavily into one side or the other. Nevermind they can't pace and just popped Seraphimon, again, to no end other than to get him in there. He didn't need to fight Mugendramon, and he has no build up to his evolution. It just popped with no character moments everybody else got.

What it sounds like is you want a Digimon anime without Digimon, and there are other avenue for that.
>>
>>31991228
Yeah they didn't really think that through.
It's almost like they couldn't bother to give Sora/Biyomon a decent direction to go in and had to cause a reboot to retreat old plotpoints.
Weird when Joe's little subplot about getting his head in the game was pretty ok.
>>
>>31991245
>We did not need bloats of nothing when there could be actual, fun, monster fights going on. Especially when Try has been doing poorly in making their "drama" parts hold investments.
Define "nothing" because it seems like what you want is more of a monster of the day format rather than the movie's we've been getting thus far.
Also dragging on would be what they did with say Apocalymon or Malomyotismon.
>>
>>31991186
>I get they're trying to do the teen drama thing but holy shit I'd like a side of monster fight at least once a movie.

Our War Game managed to be far more emotional in it's short bursts than all of Try. Its not a lack of Digimon it's shit writing all over. Shit exploding 24/7 could not save these movies.
>>
>>31991257
I'd love monster of the day format, and I entirely agree that those two(and one could argue the Dark Masters in places) had needless dragging, but monster fights are a big draw of the entire franchise.

Monster of the day is fine, I'd love that, but I want an actual fight with meat to it and a fun battle that gives popping final forms meaning. HerculesKabuterimon holding the line? Things like that. Biyomon kind of got something here but we had two extra mons popping stock footage for a fight that one Ultimate could have handled.

We really didn't need stock footage for Kabuterimon line again when that could have went to 45 seconds more fight time. It was very blatant they were not trying this time. Stock footage evolution is fun and a notable part of Digimon but when you have an entire movie with under 1/16 of it being fight time you've messed up somewhere.
>>
>>31991259
Eh Our War Game was a bit of a forced dilemma. Especially since their winning move was something that could have happened far earlier in the story. Of course that would have eliminated the need for Omnimon.
>>
i love Digimon and pokemon .i like Digimon amine more then pokemon, game pokemon more , a good Digimon game is Digimon world 3 for the ps1
>>
>>31991279
And this, still, managed to hold more dilemma than anything Try has given us so far.
Try seems to stacking drama for the sake of having it there to fill time because Toei doesn't want to animate anything.
>>31991277
>. HerculesKabuterimon holding the line? Things like that.

See shit like is what im talking about. That wasn't awesome that was forcing a needless reboot on the protagonist for the sake of forced drama that could have been resolved via other means. I can't really "feel" anything for this because at the end of the day nothing has especially changed.
>>
>>31991277
You do realise what that the evolutions meant in the context of the story right? Digimon evolve based on the strength of their bond with their partner as well as the emotions of them.

That scene wasn't so much for the fight as it was telling the audience that there's something wrong with the reboot. Especially when you throw that together with Gennai, Huckmon and Meicoomon
>>
>>31991306

I feel as if you are giving them too much credit here, because Meicoomon still having memories was more than enough to do that.
But even if true, this still brings up the problem that we were cheated a fight. Why doesnt Takeru get anything this episode? He got something before, kinda, but they literally wasted Seraphimon in a context where he wasn't needed.

It's a mark of bad writing when they couldn't convey that *and* make a token fight that was at least half as fun as what we got last movie, especially when the fight would have conveyed the reboot being faulty through interactions rather than stock footage.
>>
>>31991300
>Try seems to stacking drama for the sake of having it there to fill time because Toei doesn't want to animate anything.
You do have to remember that this isn't a 30 minute format with an excessive amount of reused footage like the regular anime series. This is a movie in fact the only reused footage is of the digivolutions.
>>
>>31991315
I suppose the biggest problem is that Try isnt properly equipped for the plotlines it's trying to send out?
They spend far too much time talking about bonds and too little time actually demonstrating them.
>>
>>31991319
The odd part about that? This would have been perfectly accepted if it was in 30 minute format.

They're essentially wasting their movie format while AT THE SAME TIME making a bunch of still moments little to no animation. Toei has done this before and will probably continue to do it for another fifty fucking years because people will defend it. I suppose the biggest problem would be less terrible writing but more they can't pace for shit.
>>
>>31991319
>>31991315
digidestined are some of the blandest parts of the movie because they dont seem to know where they want to take this. more interested in how sensei's waifuquest is going at this point. real shame.
>>
>>31991315
>because Meicoomon still having memories was more than enough to do that.
Meicoomon was clearly a special case before the reboot happened anon after all it was before it happened that we were told that it is the possible cause of the virus. Now we have Gennai saying it's an anomaly that shouldn't have been created.
I feel like you're just glossing over these things just to try and scramble something together.
>>
>>31991331
>This would have been perfectly accepted if it was in 30 minute format.
Dude no.
There's way too much going on for that to be possible. You'd have to cut out a hell of a lot of elements to make it work.
>>
>>31991358
>I feel like you're just glossing over these things just to try and scramble something together.
See I get that same feeling from you.
This seems like an odd attempt to grasp at straws to defend what was probably the weakest entry yet.
Like you gloss over wasting three final form pops(when one, possibly two would have been enough). You gloss over Seraphimon getting no buildup or hype what so ever.
You gloss over them failing to integrate combat to, properly, show that bonds remain after a reboot(instead of just assuring you it did).

I don't really need to scramble anything together when the movie really did a poor job doing just that. I can only hope that the next movie makes it better retroactively.
>>
>>31991331
>This would have been perfectly accepted if it was in 30 minute format.
THANK YOU. With as little as this movie has going on it's barebones plot would have been better as a series than a movie. Budget problems, perhaps?
>>
I like both pokemon and Digimon both. Shameless like that.

>>31991325
Tri is weird as it feels more like the battles are tacked on rather than serving any real purpose.
>>
>>31991375
>Like you gloss over wasting three final form pops(when one, possibly two would have been enough).
That's because they had a purpose doing so and if you hadn't noticed the only one that didn't reach their final was the one that hasn't had a character arc yet.

This is basic progression and foreshadowing anon
>>
>>31991387
Understand that Adventure's plot was very barebones and simple and there were characterization moments that, as another anon put it, dragged on. Dark Masters was the worst about this because it was a giant circlejerk of drama that they should have solved beating Myotismon. Tri is just more of the same, it's not bad, but it's writing isnt any better than what Adventure got before had. It just lacks any sort of meaningful combat to show a proper bond between human and Digimon.
>>
>>31991400
Basically what Tri is doing is separating the exposition from the fighting unlike adventure before it so that shit doesn't happen in the middle of a battle.
>>
>>31991398
>That's because they had a purpose doing so
To fill space with stock footage and avoid animating anything, apparently.

Just because you can, personally, project things doesnt mean't they've done a good job at foreshadowing. You can't call it progression when you could entire gaps from a movie and change very little of the overall narrative.

It was commented "Palman could have helped as well" but didn't, does this lessen the bond between them? If not, why was Kabuterimon involved at all? Their time had passed. You could also cut the ENTIRETY of everything Seraphimon and NOTHING would have changed in the overall pacing or narrating, but instead they had to shove that one in there because they couldn't properly pace a Takeru character arc(unless you count 02, but if you do that'd be even funnier).
>>
>>31991414
The problem is that shit *should* happen in the middle of a battle. Adventure proved just reaching the highest level of evolution wasn't enough, but suddenly not it is.
It seems less trying to separate the exposition from fighting and more like they're trying to remove the fighting all together.
>>31991417
>why was Kabuterimon involved at all?
Bugbro popular.
>>
>>31991417
>To fill space with stock footage and avoid animating anything, apparently.
The only "stock footage" being the digivolution scenes which were fairly short comparatively. Be honest here, how much do you know about this particular topic anon?
>>
This boils down to a few anons ganging up on another anon that can't take off the nostalgia goggles. Can we please go back to shitposting about which is better or something?
>>
>>31991430
I'm getting the feeling you didn't even watch these movies, but i'll try and slow down for you: I actually timed the evolution scenes in this episode, just this one. They lasted a little around six minutes. Six entire minutes. In an episodic series this would have been fine, but here the ENTIRE BATTLE SCENE was a little under 7-8. Instead of animating a short, crisp, battle we got stock footage gangbang of Megas to avoid animating a real fight.

Just because you can't refute my points doesn't mean you should outright ignore them.
>>
>>31991430
>you didn't like this needles sequel so you must hate digimon
>>31991437
>you can't accept a sequel to a children's anime has writing reflecting the original work

Both of you need to grow up.
>>
>>31991420
>The problem is that shit *should* happen in the middle of a battle.
Nah it just serves to clog things up giving us scenes I like to call "why the fuck don't they just kill them when they're defenceless" which happens way too much on digimon.
The only anime I can remember at the moment that didn't do this was Dragonball when Super Buu attacked before they had a chance to form Gotenks.

>Adventure proved just reaching the highest level of evolution wasn't enough
What.
Except for Apocalymon just about every major enemy was defeated by reaching their highest form at that point.

>It seems less trying to separate the exposition from fighting and more like they're trying to remove the fighting all together.
That's because they can't just reuse basic shit over and over again like they do in the regular anime.
>>
>>31991437
>They lasted a little around six minutes. Six entire minutes.
Nigga what.
Not him but did you watch the movie at half the fucking speed during those scenes?
>>
>>31991437
>Just because you can't refute my points doesn't mean you should outright ignore them
You do realise your posts are far longer than they should be right? What I've been doing is pointing out the crux of your argument and addressing it without the rest of the padding. With that said I'll have to give you this one because I'm not in the position to give you an accurate time for that scene at the moment. Maybe if the thread is still up when I get home.
>>
>>31991444
>Nah it just serves to clog things up giving us scenes I like to call "why the fuck don't they just kill them when they're defenceless" which happens way too much on digimon.
I don't see how this is related. No exposition is needed to show a partner and Digimon are connected, just them not only reaching final form but going into battle. The human could talk over the battle. Showing is always better than telling, even if no words are said. Not everything needs to be spelled out, and if they can convey things without doing that is good storytelling. Tri is failing on this front
>What.
After reaching Mega Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon were tossed around like ragdolls until character development(especially in Matt's case) helped them increase in power even further. Piedmon also fell to an Ultimate, which was not final form.
>That's because they can't just reuse basic shit over and over again like they do in the regular anime.
So if this is not about the Digimon, their fights, or how they interact with their partners why are you even watching Digimon? Reusing basic shit is already happening because we have Dark Masters 2, reverse development in some characters to retread problems they solved previously, and they are already reusing evolution footage from the last movie.

We are long beyond reusing basic shit, and that's why we could have had a chance for *good* battles instead of...whatever we got.
>>
File: 98a21fadd9-1486783680353.jpg (135KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
98a21fadd9-1486783680353.jpg
135KB, 632x960px
>unironically saying this fan fiction is better than ashinme by any means
Both are fucking garbage but to even think that tri is better than anything you must be some kind of retarded
>>
>>31983670
The first digimon season was a great "monster of the week" with colofrul and varied designs, both human-wise and digimon-wise, a very upbeat tone and sparse emotional moments just strong enough to make children feel something, since the tamers and the digimons spent a very long time together.
The digi-world was great too, everything was both similar to the real world and grotesque at the same time.

DAT is a highschool anime with digimons sprinkled in.
Everyone has the same outfit, the world is, well, the real world, we've seen Japonese city centers a thousand times before.
The filler is more out of place than it has ever been (seriously, tho, one episode, the digi-tamers contemplate losing fond memories of losed ones by vurtue of a virtual death, the next is a fucking public bath episode), it's even more aggravating because of how short the serie is.

The end of arcs felt great to me but only for nostalgia purpose, I squealed a little everytime someone reached his mega form but they're short, predictable and feel like a carrot to make me endure the stick that are the rest of the episodes.

I really, really, really want to like it, but it's hard.

I don't watch the pokémon anime so i can't compare the two.
>>
>>31991488
No shit you don't like Tri. You don't have the patience for the movie format nor do you pay attention to what is happening.
>>
>>31990900
>Been watching too much Sun/Moon anime?
Are you kidding right? The animation in sun and moon it's the best animation in a long runnin series of all time man, it have at times, the quality of a fucking movie.
Pokemon animation>>>>>>Digimon animation by far!
>>
>>31991481
Trying too hard there faggot.
>>
>>31991488
>DAT is a highschool anime
Dude the only part of the anime that I'd centered around the school was the culture festival. Everything else was centered around the Digimon and what's happening in the Digital world.
>>
>>31991452
>>31991437
>>31991473

I decided to run some numbers on this for you all, and came up with(assuming we saw the last part in an episode cut outside japan):
One and a half minutes for each CG scene, times three, was around four and a half minutes of CG evolutions. While anon 1 has exaggerated how long the evolutions lasted, there was indeed another minute and a half or so of "filler" which was just exposition during battle(what anon two said they hated but happened anyway). So, to be giving, we'll bump this up to,say, five minutes of non combat(rather than successive stock footage).
The "fight" itself started with, lets say the first evolution CG, so that was 11:04 minutes into the "episode". It ended around 17:25(once again, using horrible sub rips). This is, around, six and a half minutes. While the anon that was stating times exaggerated a bit, there was only about a minute and a half or so of actual combat in the scene.
I'm rather disappointed in both, Anon 1 for fudging the times, and Anon 2 claiming exposition during a fight didn't exist here.
>>
>>31991529
What exactly are you calling exposition?
>>
>>31991500
You accuse me of not having the patience for the movie format but I think a longer run-time would have made the serie way better.

Everything feel formulaic to me since every tame needs one arc and one arc only, because of the lack of time.

>protag of the day has to face an obviously stated personnal obstacle; IE : I'm too busy with school to save the world
>the other tamers and/or the protag of the day's Digimon state how ths obstacle means trouble for the whole group
>the protag of the day faces his problem at the last second, mega evolves and save the day

The whole show is constructed around this structure, at the point where you can tell which character are gonna be relevant for the next three episodes from the first ten minutes of the arc.

This also forces conflict to be quickly set up and quickly resolved, making all the drame sound tame and forced.

The first serie wasn't that much deeper but it didn't take itself as seriously, and the longer run-time allow the tamers to face multiple obstacles through the serie, making them less one-dimentional and predictable, it also allows the stakes to ramp up more progressively.

>>31991528
MB, I meant aesthetically.
(even though the culture festival and the bath scene, which is a staple of high school anime weren't great, if not plain bad)
>>
>>31991536
>>31991536
Anon 2 had claimed that there was no need for "exposition" as he/she put it during battles, but there were scenes of the Digimon/humans having small 20 or so second conversations about "I want to fight to" and there was also a scene, while the insert song was playing, where Gennai decided to creep on Mei. This was added to the total "non combat" time. I call this exposition loosely as the impression I got is that Anon 2 was saying short battles were good because they "didn't" do this. While some may not see it as exposition, it is still non combat time. I counted the end of the fight after the finishing moves popped and partners began to revert.

Apologies for removing the first post, I didn't manage to copy paste it all.
>>
>>31991535
Hmm...so I was wrong on the stock footage by a minute and a half. My bad.
These numbers are still horrible in comparison, even if I was being slightly selective/should have specified stock footage and talking scenes.
>>
>>31991535
I don't know if I should be impressed or disappointed you put that much time into a single post.
>>
>>31991535
In addition there was another, s mall, fight scene with Metalseadramon that lasted about two minutes, but this included 40 seconds of Gatomon's evolution scene.

Looks like it really was closer to six minutes of dead time afterall.
>>
>>31991557
That's not really exposition anon. Exposition is more like when the bad guy rambles on to the protagonist which leads into a flashback or some other thing in that level
>>
>>31991588
With the way anon 2(>>31991444) used it was:
>Nah it just serves to clog things up giving us scenes I like to call "why the fuck don't they just kill them when they're defenceless" which happens way too much on digimon.

Which is in spirit of that, so what he/she said the series avoided was indeded happning. The real problem seems to be that both anons were using it wrong and I was using it for simplicity. You could argue that the heroes having a small part where they "ramble on" that leads to CG stock footage eats almost as much time.
>>
File: Rodformssweetrelease.gif (532KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
Rodformssweetrelease.gif
532KB, 400x263px
>>31991535
>So, to be giving, we'll bump this up to,say, five minutes of non combat(rather than successive stock footage).
>there was only about a minute and a half or so of actual combat in the scene.
>>
>>31991595
>so what he/she said the series avoided was indeded happning.
Not really?
While they were all "I want to fight" they're was already someone fighting with either seadramon or mugendramon so they weren't really defenceless.
When they were defenceless Sora was nearly crushed to death.
>>
File: literally2secondsbeforeevolution.png (648KB, 1326x650px) Image search: [Google]
literally2secondsbeforeevolution.png
648KB, 1326x650px
>>31991625
Sora and Biyomon were ON Mugendramon when their evolution scene started.
He could have easily shredded them but waited for the scene to finish. Nobody was fighting with Mugendramon at this time(however, the bird was fighting with him to give him the angel/bug time).

This EXACT EPISODE had an evolution scene where Mugedramon could have easily killed them, but instead waited.
>>
>>31991625
>When they were defenceless Sora was nearly crushed to death.
>literally hanging from his death claw
>>
>>31991625
While there was "waiting" for them evolving in the case of Mugedramon(and thus, the dreaded exposition) the total time measured was merely numbers of fight time vs no time.

I honestly don't think either Anon 1 or Anon 2 really paid close attention to this.
>>
I just want the 02 kids to have time to do cool things outside their...whatever their series was.
Instead we get a totally new character and Gennai hiding as the Emperor. Fuck.
>>
Frontier was the best Digimon anime.
Fuck you, fight me.
>>
>>31991645
Repeatedly being smashed into the ice until Biyomon evolved you mean.
>>
>>31991696
Not really, there was a good 30 seconds or so of them talking about wanting Biyomon to taste her cooking and reaching or for each other as the gigantic murder beast watches with them actually hanging from his death claw.

He then gives them the solid of letting them evolve after he let them talk.

Makes you wonder why he let them do it, doesnt it?
>>
>>31991696
See
>>31991641
>>
>>31991716
Timer anon here.
It was closer to 15-20 seconds, closer to 20 actually, but the point still stands. Starts around 10:45 and leads into the 11:05 evolution scene. This is almost two minutes Machinedramon allowed them to operate undamaged.
>>
>>31991716
>>31991731
I feel as if you are all missing the point that the fight itself was mostly a non fight because theres a fair amount of time where the killbeast looks up and watches Phoenixmon sparkle in the sky and fly about with...really no attempt to attack. Calling this part of the fight is kind of laughable.
>>
>>31991718
Yes the moment it evolved want a medal?
>>
File: snap_004.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
snap_004.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Look at this majestic motherfucker. The giant golden chicken rises.
>>
>>31991749
I think the bigger issue is that they were literally hanging onto it's death claw and it just allowed them 20 second or so of free speech and then a full evolution scene point blank. Adventure was always bad about just letting the kids evolve(except in Our War Game).
>>
Ya'll need to stop shitting on CG stockfootage. That shits classic Digimon and the only reason I follow Try.
>>
>>31991774
Most people harping on Tri didn't watch anything bar Tamers.
>>
>>31991811
I didn't quite like Tamers because it was just..I dunno what people hype it to be.

I can harp on Tri for lack of battles and the like but I feel as we can't judge it until the last two movies pop. With that said, I found Tamers card swipe to bring the entire thing down as bullshit plot devices.
>>
>>31991688
Tamers > Adventure > Savers > Frontier > 02 > Xros

Didn't watch Hunters or Applimon. Also, even though it's objectively worse, I enjoy 02 more than Frontier. And every single one of them is better than any ashnime series.
>>
>>31991845
Adeventure>Savers=Xros>Tamers>Frontier=02>Hunters.
Ranked one enjoyment value, like yours.
I can't see how Tamers is objectively better than when it makes a lot of the same mistakes(refusing to characterize a lot of characters, outright wasting characters, long gaps of boring plot, and a Ryo). It also has a horrible cardswipe gimmick that manages to be twice as intrusive as any digievolution scene and the only one who felt like real people was Impmon.
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>31991750
Fight me!
>>
>>31991688
I would fug Koji and Takuya. Other than Koji's brother, the rest of them were pretty bad though.
>>
>>31990932
>Anyone that thinks that Pokemon > Digimon aesthetic wise is a fool.
Or a person with decent taste. Pokemon excels at design. Digimon has to resort to cosplaying girls and recoloring previous designs. Either that or make generic edgy shit like jesmon. I'd say if you like digimon more aesthetically you're probably thinking with your dick but even then i'd argue pokemon wins.
>>
>>31991488
Don't forget that all the humans in tri look all the same and the digimon look fucking hideous except for tentomon and his evos.
>>
>>31991172
>What point are you making? I took it as implying the shows are competing among consumers, but you've denied that. Were you being snippy for no reason?
No, I meant what I said, the people that benefit economically from them should be the ones who care about getting consumers. We're consumers so our concern should be quality.

>>You're the one who brought up the free market though
>No. >>31985527 isn't me, fyi.
That post doesnt mention free market.

>Fact: The Pokemon anime has run for 20+ years, longer than any Digimon anime.
I never disagred with that the ashnime.is longer, but you have to prove longevity is the only objective way to compare them.

>Conclusion: On the basis of longevity, Pokemon is superior.
Are you arguing with yourself?

>If quality can be objectively measured, you shouldn't have any problems using facts to conclude the Digimon anime is superior.
To the pokemon anime? Sure. Anything is. These are multimedia franchises bigger than their own anime.
>>
>>31991990
>the people that benefit economically from them should be the ones who care about getting consumers. We're consumers so our concern should be quality.
Again, not sure what you're trying to say here. Creators want their product to survive on the free market, and you've already admitted longevity is more important than quality there. The ashnime proves you can have longevity without quality.

>I never disagred with that the ashnime.is longer, but you have to prove longevity is the only objective way to compare them.
I've proved longevity is objective, you need to prove quality is objective.

>To the pokemon anime? Sure. Anything is. These are multimedia franchises bigger than their own anime.
So you are saying you can't use facts to objectively prove it?
>>
>>31992068
>The ashnime proves you can have longevity without quality
Not the anon, but ashnime isn't really the best example to use in this argument. Ashnime has never been "the best". It's just consistently been okay, and survived despite that due the games' popularity. It makes up for the shit quality by just showing Pokemon, which is a game series of great quality. Put a show like this without Pokemon, the "quality" part of ashnime, and it'll get canceled instantly.
>>
>>31991180
>Again, not sure what you're trying to say here. Creators want their product to survive on the free market, and you've already admitted longevity is more important than quality there.
When did I admit that? Sure, they probably want to eat, so longevity might be important.... to THEM, and I said multiple times that we arent the creators. We should care about quality.

>I've proved longevity is objective, you need to prove quality is objective.
You didnt prove shit. First, quality being objective is obvious, not something you have to prove. Secondly, you arent making any valid argument. As for me proving quality is objective, I dont have to either. It is, you can judge how the franchises execute their own concepts and ideas without your own opinions meddling in. If you arent smart to do so that's ok but not all of us are retarded.

>So you are saying you can't use facts to objectively prove it?
Anon, did you ever finish elementary school? Prove what? That pokemon and digimon have more products than their anime? Google "pokemon tcg".
>>
>>31992085
>consistently been okay
Its trash anon. It having pokemon doesnt make it good.
>>
>>31992131
Meant for
>>31992068
>>
>>31992131
Longevity being objective is obvious*
>>
>>31992085
It's been derailed somewhat, but the point I am making is here: >31987248
If you consider the free market a competition, you don't win by making a good show, you win by not being cancelled. There's no correlation between the two.
>>
>>31992188
Not him, but that is if you are a creator/investor which is the position on which you should care about profit, longevity, the competiton, etc., the economic side.

We aren't on that position and its not the only way to compare the two franchises.
>>
>31992131
>When did I admit that?
>31987826
>You're the one who brought up the free market though and I already agred that THERE quality is not as important, can you read properly?

It's quite ironic you accuse me of not reading when you don't even read your own posts.
>>
Digimon never have been competition for pokemon lol, yokai watch is the competition
>>
>>31992188
But not being cancelled is not winning. It's just not losing. Making a good show, one that is more popular than others is what would be winning. If it's good, people will like it and it will get popular, which will result in more money for the developers, and better product for consumers. Just making an okay show isn't going to achieve either. It's not winning anything.
>>
>>31992206
>THERE
on the freaking free market. On the frraking economic side of things, not on our fan side of things. As I said a fuckton of times (and you still cant read) we are not the creators, we dont work on bandai or game freak.
>>
>>31992209
NOTHING is competition for Pokemon. Pokemon is competition for other franchises. They need to worry about standing out over Pokemon. Pokemon doesn't need to pay any mind to them.
>>
>>31992197
>We aren't on that position and its not the only way to compare the two franchises.

As consumers, we only care about the economic side in that we don't want our favourite series to be cancelled. So we shouldn't care whether Pokemon or Digimon is winning the competition, only about how good each series is.
>>
>>31983670
The original shows maybe but Tri is hot garbage, the first 2 parts especially. For movies banking on nostalgia they focus on the worst aspects of Digimon. That being said that new pokemon movie also seems like nostalgia pandering garbage.
>>
>>31992252
Aside from the cancellation part, that's literally what i'm saying.
>>
>>31992378
To be fair, nostalgia pandering doesnt mean much compared to the myriad of.issues the ashnime has.
>>
Dropped Tri after the spa episode. And this anime was my life at one point
>>
>>31983670
>watch Tri
I did and it was awful.
Digimon is only good for lewd womons and even screws that up by having holydramon replace ophanimon
>>
>>31992410
Ophanimon is in the next one.
>>
Digimon > Pokemon
My biggest talking point, comparing the animes, Pokemon's theme song states: I want to be the very best. Implying that they are not the very best, like noone ever was.
However Digimon's theme song openly admits and flaunts the fact that Digimon are the champions.
How can someone who isn't the best be better than the champions? Doesn't add up /vp/.
>>
>>31995068
It's worth mentioning that the English soundtrack is garbage. The original Japanese one is emotional and it suits the theme of the series.
>>
>>31995099
I meant the soundtrack for Digimon Adventure
>>
>>31983785
Hey you shut your mouth Tri is great
>>
File: 1472488150849.png (411KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1472488150849.png
411KB, 600x528px
>>31990909
Shit
>>
>>31995068
This is unironically a better point than most digifags can make.
>>
>Start watching Adventure, it's okay, has its flaws (story is meh) but makes up for it with decent characters and jokes that are so bad that they're actually good
>Adv 2 starts out okay but then just kinda flunks and I quit halfway through, story is no better, characters are worse, the digimon are dull and the jokes are gone
>Tamers blows them both out of the water with an actually decent story, real character development and good mons. Falls a bit towards the end due to adding unnecessary tamers into an already complete trio, but still gets good grades. I'm actually sad that it's over. (rip Guilmon, he just wanted to have fun)
>Never get into Frontier because Tamers set the bar so high

I still got Frontier and Data Squad on my HD. Are they/some of the later ones worth it?
>>
>>31997149
Let's just say you stopped at a good point anon.
>>
>>31997149
Savers (Data Squad) is surprisingly fine. Not as good as Tamers or Adventure, but I'd recommend it.
>>
File: Hirose_kouta.jpg (97KB, 671x880px) Image search: [Google]
Hirose_kouta.jpg
97KB, 671x880px
What's more jarring, a Dukemon with a voice for Guilmon, or a Guilmon with a voice for Dukemon?
https://youtu.be/RPePXqiDGEc
>>
>>31997149
The first few Digimon movies were GOAT tho.

I remember how I simply became infatuated with Terriermon after watching it.
>>
My personal taste draws me toward pokemon rather than digimon.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.