[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly do you look for in Pokémon designs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 9b3.png (316KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
9b3.png
316KB, 600x673px
You fuckers are hard to please. Coming from soneone who doesn't even make Fakemon.
>>
>>31983599
Whatever that snail is, that's what I'm looking for.
>>
>>31983599
Nice art
Cool concept

That's about it for me. I don't care if they evolutions only get bigger if they look nice
>>
Edge
>>
>>31983607
This tb.qh

Sometimes fakemon everyone else think are shit because "just gets bigger" actually look nice to me.

Snail in OP is cute, for example. As long as its evo isn't some over-designed shit then it is good in my eyes even if its just the same snail but bigger
>>
>>31983607
This. Honestly outside of nitpicky hard to please /vp/ regulars, most of the Fan Base doesn't care if a pokemon just gets bigger and other things. As long as it looks cool, nice, cute whatever, it's good to go
>>
>>31983599
GOD FUCKING FUCK IT'S PERFECT
>>
>>31983599
A neat concept to base around helps, but if it looks nice it's fine. Most people don't care if "it just gets bigger" as long as it changes enough while still looking familiar to the base. A lot fo people like Venusaur despite it just being a bigger uglier bulbasaur, and Toucannon has a lot of love for "literally being my mom's Rainbow beaked, color-changing Toucan". If it looks good and not overly designed its good. Kind of why a lot of Gen 5 gets a lot of hate.
>>
>>31983599
I generally look for unique concepts that otherwise wouldn't normally have been thought of by most people.
and good/decent artwork.
>>
>>31983599
Damn, well as far as fakemon go. Thats S rank.
>>
>>31983599
I mean, I'd fuck that pokemon. That's all I have to say.
>>
>>31983639
>Kind of why a lot of Gen 5 gets a lot of hate.
Does Gen 5 have a lot of overdesigned Pokemon though? It always felt like it was Gen 4, aka the "put spikes on everything" Gen.
>>
Concept, design, and color theory.

Nothing I hate more than a fakemon that's just "take an animal and recolor it blue because water"
>>
>>31983599
Creativity, a color palette that doesn't hurt the eyes, thinking outside the "make it evolve into a dragon/fairy/humanoid/metallic" box, keeping detail within a reasonable boundary.
>>
>>31983825
Ehh not the same anon but maybe it's just me but I don't really see a lot of spikes on the gen 4 mons. The ones that do have them look quite nice with them. Anyways I personally think gens 6 and 7 have the most overdesigned mons. Something about them just doesn't seem right. But honestly is being overdeisgned really that bad?
>>
>>31983599
A concept that I get that pulls off its execution with as little unnecessary details/lazy cop-outs as possible. Fuck the "cute/cool = instagood" crowd that doesn't really matter to me.

As for the one you posted OP, it does feel like it could fit in with real Pokemon, but it bothers me that it's on four legs instead of just sliding like a snail. Maybe I'm just braindead but i feels like most anons ITT are giving it a free pass because it's cute.
>>
>>31983599
Whether I'd fuck it or not.
>>
>>31984027
>but I don't really see a lot of spikes on the gen 4 mons.
Eh, a lot of the gen 4 designs are pretty busy
>Purugly
>Magmortar
>Electivire
>Bronzong
>Bastiodon
>Rampardos
>Dusknoir
>Creation Trio
>>
>>31983599
This is a very good fakemon.
>>
File: 270[1].png (9KB, 284x163px) Image search: [Google]
270[1].png
9KB, 284x163px
>>31983599
>Not overdesign
>nice colors
>its design mix various ideas (animal, objects, plants, mythology)

You fakemon is cute, but I don't see a deep base or idea (possibly it's my fault) only is a quadrupedal snail, but look this little friend Lotad, is based in a platybus, a lily pad, and a kappa (inclusive its line play with the idea of mariachi and pineapple)
>>
>>31983599
The fakemon are ok with me as long as
>They don't go full retarded with their color schemes
>if the fakemon has 2 evolutions, that the middle evolution actually changes in some way and not just gets 1 or 2 added details
>they fit the art style of pokemon

>>31983639
gen V gets a lot of hate because people don't like the concept behind some pokemon can you guess which ones?
also toucannon's beak change colors because it's and overheated cannon beak
>>
This is such a great fakemon
>>
>>31984071
it has legs because it's not really a snail, it's a camel.
>>
>>31983599
I ideally I want a design with a clear concept behind it that actually indicates some research and thought. The more clever they can be with it the better. From there the mon can be cool, cute, badass, wacky I don't care so long as it gets the point across with as little middling details as possible. Wrap it all up with a decent color palette and I'm sold.

If the mon just looks good in general I'm fine with that too, but I want to make sense with it's design. OP's pic looks nice from an aesthetic standpoint but there isn't much else I can say about it. With no clear concept or idea behind it it sort of falls into 'forgettable' territory.
>>
>>31983599
Everything that isn't Incineroar, Primarina or Crabominable is completely fine to me.
>>
>>31983599
As far as snail themed pokes go this one is solid. Feels like it's missing one detail though but I could definitely see it in a main game
>>
>>31984691
Fuck off Primarina is perfect

I agree about Incineroar and Crabominable though
>>
>>31983599
Waifu material
>>
>>31984691
Fuck off Incineroar is perfect

I agree about Primarina and Crabominable though
>>
>>31984691
Fuck off about crab... no wait, that shit is flawed
>>
>>31984720
>>31984854
>>31984964

Samefaggot
>>
>>31983599
I don't know what this snail has that other fakemon don't, but I love it and I want it.
>>
File: Cute (Meloetta).gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Cute (Meloetta).gif
2MB, 500x281px
Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>31983599
Monotypes and no evolution pokemon is what I like to see, considering I think GF lack both in their games. Points if the pokemon accurately depicts its typing, which most creators fucking fail to do right
>>
Cool features
That's why Magmar is my favorite:

Spikes
Flame pattern
That necklass
BoobForehead

Magmar is classic 90s cool.
>>
File: IMG_1019.jpg (71KB, 1242x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1019.jpg
71KB, 1242x449px
>>31985247
>>
>>31983599
Basically >>31983607

As a snail lover this guy is pretty cute but it having legs pisses me off. I don't need a sliggoo to goodra situation where everything amazing about a pokemon is lost in its evolution.
>>
File: 165029_a217.jpg (155KB, 535x717px) Image search: [Google]
165029_a217.jpg
155KB, 535x717px
The best Pokemon designs are the ones that are just real animals and objects with one, at the very most two, extraordinary features like skull on head, fire on tail, magnet with eyes.
>>
I never got the obsession with "unnecessary details". So long as it looks good, who cares?
>>
>>31985779
Nah, the sillier the better in my opinion.

Things like magmar, snorlax, wobbefet, sudowoodo, and shuckle whose basis is debatable are the best.
>>
File: stantler.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
stantler.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>31985779
i disagree. those designs are usually just really boring like pic related.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.