[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: 1483907214518.jpg (76KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1483907214518.jpg
76KB, 500x652px
Thoughts?
>>
Updated picture with Ash and jobfroge plz
>>
>>31982922
While a loss is important to teach you how you fucked up, using a person that has never won anything major for over 20 years as an example for "losing isn't always bad", is pathetic.
>>
There's nothing wrong with losing if there are zero consequences for doing so.
>>
>>31982922
I want him to win the Alola league and bawl his eyes out for having his first ever taste in victory.
>>
>>31982943
Don't worry. The professor might stop him.

>>31982935
He needs to use mega evolution and evolve that Gible.
>>
Teaching Kids That It's Okay To Be Gay
>>
>>31982922
>yeah his water type got burasto ban'd BUT IT'S STILL OKAY TO LOSE :)
>>
File: vZMbew6.jpg (180KB, 540x1038px) Image search: [Google]
vZMbew6.jpg
180KB, 540x1038px
>>31982931
Got this pic for OP.
>>
Remember kids, winning is for losers :^)
>>
File: loser.gif (1MB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
loser.gif
1MB, 275x200px
>>31982922

>i want to be the very best
>never wins a title
>>
File: League Winners.png (433KB, 458x586px) Image search: [Google]
League Winners.png
433KB, 458x586px
>>31983105
Exactly.
>>
>>31982943
The funny thing is that there are actual people who unironically think like that and believe Ash will win the alolan league.
>>
>>31983007
>He needs to use mega evolution and evolve that Gible.
But not both
>>
>>31983188
Can't believe Ash didn't bother to take advantage of mega evolution since he has few pokemons in Oak's lab that can use it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (172KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
172KB, 675x1200px
Just for the hell of it...
>>
>>31982935
This. /thread

Good anime when?
>>
>>31983285
>alola league on 20th anniversary of kanto league
>ash finally wins
This won't happen :^)
>>
>>31982922
>>31983082
He was supposed to win the Indigo League against Gary, with the first movie serving as the series finale.
That wasn't meant to be, so they made him lose to continue the anime indefinitely, and have so ever since with game leagues. Any moral that comes with him losing is sadly an afterhought compared to keeping the show going.
Though him winning the Orange Islands challange is more valid that people want to admit because being anime original it means it was affected for the sake of promoting the games and instead did its own thing as an anime.
>>
>>31983419
>it was affected for the sake of promoting the games
*wasn't
>>
File: TRIGGERED.png (426KB, 406x476px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.png
426KB, 406x476px
>>31982922
No, it's not fucking okay to lose. That's how pathetic losers who suck at life think. Always aim for the top, and do whatever you can to get there. Don't be just fucking content with losing.
>>
>>31982922
The Keldeo movie does a much better job at teaching that lesson since it's a whole story done with that in mind rather than a forced copout for the sake of keeping the anime going.
>>
>>31983419
The series would work better if Ash were allowed to win some leagues; not win all of them but not losing every single one either.
>>
>>31983453
Now you see kids aiming to win is fine, unless it consumes your well being like this sad fuck right here.
>>
>>31983453
The fact that Ash has entered more than one league, and shown steady improvement in the results, should've already shut you up.

Here's your (You).
>>
>>31983511
That means he's not okay with losing. He wants to win and will keep autistically chasing after his goal.
>>
>>31983511
And he's going to lose at the next 10 leagues he participates in, and so on until Pokemon dies as a franchise.

Serial jobber.
>>
>>31983488
Ain't that movie bad?

>>31983530
Kek.
>>
>If he wins then that means he will clearly stop aiming for the top or to continue
Can someone explain why the writers or show runners or executives have this mindset?
>>
File: yaboithink.jpg (138KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
yaboithink.jpg
138KB, 400x439px
>>31982922
>Teaching kids that it's okay to lose
Anyone who actually taught their kid this should probably revoke their parenting license.

But seriously though, that line seems pretty incomplete as is; after all, if it's okay to lose, then who would try their best to win?

No, a loss should be accepted and used as a stepping stone to finally reach the peak.

Hell, it happened with Ash as this >>31983082
point out; he fell, then rise, fell again, and rise back up. All for the sake of winning the league.

That, as I see it, makes for a better motivation.
>>
>>31983578
>Ain't that movie bad?
I think it's one of the best, just different and short.
>>
Ash should lose in the opening round for the next league that comes up.
>>
>>31983712
It's a meaningless parable when Ash losing is a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>31983082
Can you resize the last two so that it's the same size as the other four? It triggers my autism
>>
It seems to me that Ash losing the Kalos league was necessary plot-wise to make the reveal that Alain was being used by the villains the more painful to him, and having Ash still fighting while crucified and talking Alain out of his shock the more meaningful.
Though I wonder if it would have been the better of both worlds to have the fight simply end in a draw.
>>
>>31983768
Sorry. Not an editor.

>>31983777
>end in a draw
Fans will be piss anyway.
>>
>>31983757
I'm well aware of that.
Just speaking generally, since there are people who genuinely believe that.
>>
>>31983777
The loss would have been adequate plot-wise if Alan and Ash had actually clashed in the Flare arc, with Ash finally winning against him and at the same time convincing him to get out of the shock and helping him fight against Lysandre. The result of the league final actually had little relevance into the Flare arc, or in Ash and Alan characters after the league.

It's not even clever writing, it's almost a storytelling cliche at this point: the hero beating the shit out of his friend, thus helping him getting rid of his doubt/edgyness/whatever. It shows that even the most basic of writing tropes are too much for the pokemon anime to handle.
>>
>>31983124
>Unova League
>Ash loses to a complete novice
>the guy who beat Ash didn't even win the league

Jesus Christ. Unova truly was the worst arc in the series.
>>
File: 1356544812407.png (310KB, 560x364px) Image search: [Google]
1356544812407.png
310KB, 560x364px
>>31982922

I just wish ash won Johto and then the anime would have focused on a brand new character
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2017-03-05-11-26-27.png (87KB, 465x401px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2017-03-05-11-26-27.png
87KB, 465x401px
Just realized something. What's the point of Ash's goal of becoming a Pokemon Master if he has no ideas how? Based on the anime, all we know is that a trainer has to beat eight gym leaders to collect the badges. Then enter the conference league to beat other trainers to win and earn the privilege of fighting the Elite Four and the region's champiin at any time. We never seen winners like Tobias or Alan fight the Elite Four and/or the champs and that the writers never introduce all the Elite Four. And if they did beat the champions, what's next for them?
>>
>>31983873
It happened twice with Harrison and his Blaziken.
>>
File: laughing shaq.gif (4MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
laughing shaq.gif
4MB, 400x253px
>>31982922
Well, it explains how people could think LeBron is the GOAT even though he's 3-4 in his NBA Finals appearances.
>>
>>31982922
I'd say that mentality depends on how you look at it. On one hand, its showing that its ok to not be perfect at everything and you don't need to be a super competitive tryhard at everything you do. Its alright to lose!

On the other hand, it can also be interpreted as the exact opposite to NEVER have any competitive spirit at all and never aim for the top.
>>
>>31983927
>And if they did beat the champions, what's next for them?

Well that makes them the champion, so they would naturally defend that title if someone challenges them

But yeah it's very stupid how the anime doesn't touch the subject of an Elite Four like in the games
>>
>>31983419
>He was supposed to win the Indigo League against Gary, with the first movie serving as the series finale.
You like pulling bullshit out of your ass, don't you? The director has made it clear that Ash losing was always part of his vision for the series, even if Kanto was a stand-alone thing. He made a blog post once talking about how he wanted to demonstrate that sometimes dreams are unobtainable, not matter how much you want them.
>>
>>31983966
Now I can get if Alain don't want to be a champion since all he cared about is battling Ash. But Tobias is probably have the same goal as Ash. Plus, since we have Pokemon Champions, why aren't any of them want to be a Pokemon Master?

Did the writers just purposely fail to explain in the beginning or forgot about it?

>>31984009
>He made a blog post once talking about how he wanted to demonstrate that sometimes dreams are unobtainable, not matter how much you want them.
Not the Anon, but what blog post?
>>
>>31983927
Ash's plan for earning the title is "first become league champion, then win the champion league, then become a Pokemon Master". Nobody's 100% sure whether the champion league is the Elite Four challenge or some kind of tournament for regional champions.
>>
>>31984028
I tried looking it up again, but it's buried in a sea of clickbait articles about another of his blog posts where he mentions that he considered the coma theory as a possible ending (but with Ash being an old man with dementia instead of being in a coma).
>>
>yfw movie 20 is Kanto movie Universe.
>events play out differently
>Ash becomes Kanto champ in M20
>>
>>31984064
Have you try to look it up based on quotes?
>>
>>31984036
DP in japanese (not the dub) says that the Champion League is basically the same as the games' Pokemon League: Elite Four + Regional Champion.
>>
>>31984092
The problem I'm running into is that the blog posts were originally translated on websites that have since died, so it's a matter of trying to find a mirror.
>>
>>31983927
this explanation is worse than : ``hahaha i don´t know ´´
>>
>>31983578
infact its one of the better received of the newer movies.
>>
>>31983712

Stop being so autistic
>>
>>31984009
>he wanted to demonstrate that sometimes dreams are unobtainable, not matter how much you want them
So instead of encouraging kids to keep trying while learning from their missteps, he was going to teach them to just give up? After they patiently waited 100+ episodes for the conclusion? What a hack.
>>
>>31983927
Well lets see. By the time you meet Red in GSC he is already a pokemon master and its only been like 2 years since he started his journey. Either Red is a prodigy or every other trainer just really really sucks.
>>
>>31984254
Japan needs more salarymen, dreams are counterproductive to that idea.
>>
>>31984362
Salaryman culture needs to be destroyed. Doing so will make Japan okay for once.
>>
File: tumblr_ognucgVNge1tix1d5o1_1280.png (192KB, 592x823px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ognucgVNge1tix1d5o1_1280.png
192KB, 592x823px
>>31983419
>Any moral that comes with him losing is sadly an afterhought compared to keeping the show going.
Exactly this. Ash never has learned anything from any of his losses. He just fucks off to another region and starts over again.
It's one thing to lose, learn from the mistakes that cost your victory, work hard, come back and try again. It's another to always, consistently lose. Sometimes we do have to accept loss if we went up against somebody, we both worked hard, but the other guy just had the better strategy and got the upper hand fair and square. You can lose with grace and humility. But if Ash just walks away after every fucking loss, he'll never progress.
But that's entirely the point, because they fear that if Ash shows any real sign of growth or progression, he won't be relatable to the target audience anymore.
>>
File: Nnoitra_Gilga.png (193KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nnoitra_Gilga.png
193KB, 500x500px
>>31982922
It's NEVER ok to lose.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.