[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Change things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Imagine you are about to make a pokemon game and are allowed to make any changes to the base formula . What would you change?
I would made the following
>Battles are now half real time, like in some final fantasy games
>Most pokemon get exclusive moves, making everyone unique
> add bleed status effect
>>
Also proper boss battles would be nice
>>
Give Pokemon much smaller movepools (not gen 1 levels though) and way less coverage. Now Pokemon can be more diversified based on what unique coverage and utility moves they get instead of all the outclassing based on stats because EVERY water type gets ice beam or scald, or EVERY Pokemon learns knock off and so many learn stealth rock for no reason.
Since TMs are infinite now, I'd make them more often be status and support moves. The "ultimate" attacks like flamethrower and fire blast can be learned by fire types through level up or egg moves on the few Pokemon that get it in on coverage.
Some BST tweaking for balance but not much.

>>31975707
First and third points are bad and edgy
Agree on second though
>>
>>31975845
How is active battle system is edgy?
>>
>>31975707
Slowbro gets different forms. Yes, I know that doesn't change the formula but I want it.
>>
>>31975707
I'd turn SpA and SpD back into the Special stat

I'd also turn speed into Physical Speed, Special Speed, and Status Speed
>>
>>31976251
I was talking about pokemon bleeding.
>>
>>31975707
>>Battles are now half real time, like in some final fantasy games
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? SPEED IS ALREADY A PROBLEM

>Pheromosa's attack gauge fills 10 times as fast as slowbro's
>multiple attacks per turn.
>>
>>31975707
>turn Pokémon into Clash Royale
>>
>>31975800
this desu

The anime and manga are cool in that you have Pokemon interacting with things that aren't Pokemon. Pokestar Studios was cool but they dropped the concept instead of expanding it.

Imagine if instead of just having to push a boulder brainlessly, your progress was impeded by a wildfire. Instead of fighting a gym leader and waiting for danger to pass, you would actually fight the Fire with your Water Pokemon.

>A wildfire blazes on!
>Go, Squirtle!
>Squirle used Hydro Pump!
>It's super effective!
>The wildfire surges forth!
>It's not very effective
>Squirtle was Burned!
>You used a Burn Heal.
>A scorched log tumbles onto Squirtle!
>It's super effective!
>Squirtle fainted!
>You blacked out!

etc. It could be anything. The evil team has a mecha you have to destroy. You have to manually destroy their security system. You have to melt a glacier or fell a tree or dig a tunnel or something.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.