[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between pic related and its portrayal in the Darkrai movie, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Primal_Dialga_art.png (39KB, 176x182px) Image search: [Google]
Primal_Dialga_art.png
39KB, 176x182px
Between pic related and its portrayal in the Darkrai movie, I wonder if Dialga was favored over Palkia at least back in Gen 4. Thoughts?
>>
I think you're an idiot
>>
>>31974756
It's not like Palkia didn't have its moments in the same game.
>literally teleports behind you
>condemns Darkrai to amnesia because fuck you for messing with things
>>
>>31974756
Dialga made sense in the main story for explorers. Time gears, the future etc... so it's not surprising that it took the central spotlight. However, Palkia got his turn in the post game. And it was pretty damn good as well. Also this>>31974768
>>
>>31974756
Every mascot has favoring by GF promotion or fan media.
Gen 2 Original
Ho-Oh>Lugia
Gen 2 remakes
Lugia>Ho-Oh
Gen 3 original
Kyogre>Groudon
Gen 3 remake
Primal Groudon>Primal Kyogre
Gen 4
Dialga>Palkia (one of the most prominent ones)
Gen 5
Reshiram>Zekrom?
Gen 6
Xerneas>Yveltal
Gen 7
Unknown as of yet. Will have to see the spinoff roles, fanart, and promotion it gets.

I personally prefer Palkia, as theropods>sauropods.
>>
dialga is more marketable because it doesn't look like a benis
>>
>>31974996
it's probably safe to bet on tapu koko, even this early. the shiny japanese only release, plushies, and appearing early in the anime, and ingame story relevance.
>>
>>31975075
If I was a betting man I'd bet on Koko for the next smash game
>>
>>31975075
Tapu Koko isn't a version mascot though, it's more of the popular, marketable mon that appears in both versions.
>>
>>31974756
Not by me
>>
Dialga's design was horrid enough to make me pick Pearl despite making it a point to always pick the primary version before that. Palkia may be phallic, but at least it isn't an overdesigned blue horse with random accessories all over.
>>
>>31974996
My money is on Lunala, as many people seem to think it works better as Nebby's final form and that final shot with Lillie looked better imo.
>>
>>31974996
solgaleo appears in the ashnime
>>
>>31975188
Mc rides Solgaleo in the cutscenes though. Can't say the same for Lunala
>>
>>31975220
Lunala hugs Lillie in the final scenes with her. I still think it's up for debate. Lunala is vastly superior in combat, but a lot of people liked the Liger Zero look of Solgaleo.
So far it's pretty balanced.
>>
>>31974996
Gen 3 was more Ray than anything else followed closely by Groudon.
>>
>>31975316
Indeed, but I didn't count third versions and BW2.
Groudon got more promotion but was so inferior to Kyogre that I kind of had them balanced, but decided to put Kyogre.
I could have reconsidered it to be Groudon though, Groudon was immensely popular.
>>
>>31974996
i remember back then all the kids were fawning over Reshiram, shitty fanarts, pixelarts all only for reshiram, there was pretty much nothing for zekrom. I'm sure GF favored Reshiram.
>>
File: aegisuicide.png (766KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
aegisuicide.png
766KB, 1000x1294px
>>31975098
...shit, you're right. i fucked up. then I've got nothing.
>>
>>31975448
RESHIRAAAAAAM
>>
>>31974996

Lugia was more shilled than Ho-Oh even before the remakes

>Pokemon 2000
>anime ep with baby Lugia
>Gale of Darkness
>overall more Lugia merch
>>
>>31974996
>Xerneas
>favored by gf
How so? Yveltal had a movie and was the "canon" legendary according to Generations.
>>
>>31974996
You have some of these backwards

Lugia > Ho-oh
Zekrom > Reshiram
Yveltal > Xerneas
>>
>>31976070

>thinking generations has a say in what's canon or not
>thinking there's such thing as a canon protag/legend/starter in the first place

stop this fucking meme
>>
>>31976085
>Yveltal makes more sense with Lysandre's plot
>clearly favored in Generations for this reason
It's canon for a reason.
>>
>>31976096

If it was canon they wouldn't have made Xerneas at all
>>
>>31975174
I used to feel like that but Dialga has grown on me, I think his strange design brings the point home that it is an otherwordly being in charge of the laws of the universe, while its vaguely dinosaur-like body gives the idea that it's ancient.
>>
>>31974996
Palkia is going to get favored in the hypothetical D/P/Pt sequel
>>
>>31976096
>>Yveltal makes more sense with Lysandre's plot
Except it doesn't.
One AZ was given immortality by the machine after using it as a weapon supposedly by the discharge seeing as he calls his immortality the "light of the weapon", which is supposedly what Lysandre was going to do to the protags while trapping them underground forever.
Two, the weapon is powered by life energy. Xerneas being the Pokemon that utilizes and essentially radiates life energy works as the perfect battery for a weapon that's powered by life energy as opposed to a Pokemon that's the embodiment of death. I mean sure it has life energy still but it's finite compared to Xerneas.
>>
>>31976047
Huh, I remember a lot more Ho-oh back in the day, probably because of the first episode. I know that more people liked Lugia even back then but it seemed like GF promoted Ho-oh more when GSC was made (I don't count GD since that wasn't GSC era).
>>31976070
Xerneas always gets more material than Yveltal. Sure Yveltal was the titular legend, but the movie was actually about Diancie and Yveltal only showed up at the end and was immediately subdued by Xerneas. Xerneas also is used in more of the promo material and has two forms. I don't count generations because the episode came out WAY after XY was old news.
>>31976082
No
Lugia was indeed promoted over Ho-oh in gen 4. It was only in gen 2 that I noted it as more since I remember a lot more promotion and hype after people saw Ho-oh. I do know that more kids like Lugia anyway though.
Reshiram and Zekrom I actually didn't know because of the "?" mark, so whatever for that, I just remember Reshiram in more stuff so I can't really figure that one out.
Yveltal was never promoted more than Xerneas at any point. Yveltal actually got ignored quite a bit, even in the movie with its name on it.
>>
>>31976047
You should play the games. Including the remakes. Lugia is portrayed more in movies and some other games, but Gen II and the remakes seem to enjoy Ho-Oh more lore wise.
>>
>>31979007
I think there are more hints to N getting Zekrom. GF usually seems to place slightly (only slightly) more priority on the "primary" counterparts (i.e. Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, etc.). The only time that I didn't see this was with Ruby and Diamond.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.