[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 41

File: balanced bird vs memes.png (1MB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
balanced bird vs memes.png
1MB, 1280x723px
finally we get a streamed event edition ( twitch: pokemontcg_eu)

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/Wjz4Wf6T

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

>WHAT THEMEDECK SHOULD I BUY
Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Deck Building resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

Previous >>31952872
>>
thank god vileplume is leaving at rotation, FOGP item lock decks are such horse shit

>go first
>have a non-zero chance of just winning the game off of a good shuffle

this shit belongs in expanded.
>>
>playing a basic attacker only deck without pokemon ranger

why do people continue to do this lmao
>>
that magearna was sick tech against jirachi xy.
>>
>>31974839

Imagine I posted that in this thread.
>>
>>31974851
To be fair, he didn't have many ways to play his way out of that even if he didn't fuck up there.

Which is why you fucking tech pokemon ranger.
>>
>>31974895

Totally with you on the Ranger; I run it in both of my main decks on PTCGO. That said, he did still have Garbodor as an out. Idk how many he ran, but I imagine there were at least 2 in the deck (as there was no Garb in the prizes).

I think he was so frustrated by the inability to find a Garbodor that he rushed things as soon as he got hold of the Jirachi. If he'd been more patient and thought it through, he might still have been in with a shot.
>>
I heard you guys like cracking packs, so I saved some up for you.

First reply decides which I open first
>>
>>31975034
There should be three more in there because I bought a 3x booster pack but the purchase apparently didn't complete. I guess nobody is awake though? Or is there just no interest?
>>
>>31975034
these threads are usually pretty slow during this time of day.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x733px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x733px
Shiny Mega Gardivoir EX is sexy
>>
File: file.png (125KB, 350x487px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
125KB, 350x487px
holy shit dudes that is thee most aesthetic card sleeves
>>
>>31975264
I'm surprised that so many people seem to be playing this deck, 2HKO decks that can't win in prize trade just feel really bad right now.
>>
>>31975264
Does the opponent get prize cards for the pokemon you discard with Gardevoirs attack?
>>
>>31975469
No, the only discard mechanic I know of that lets you give the opponent prize cards is Electrode EVO.
>>
>>31975469
No, cause they don't count as KOs
>>
>>31975469

No since it doesn't actually Knock Out your own Pokemon (it merely discards) unlike various Electrodes or Regigigas Lv.X
>>
I remember when I first beat someone who had advantage, there was a message "You won in an upset! You get a bonus reward!!!"

Now when I win with upsets, nothing happens.

Also, why is the reward screen so dumb. Just show the amount of coins from the spinner, the value of the multiplier and the resulting amount of coins and what came from the prize box. How is that not something tpci realised?

I can't even describe how the system is because it makes zero sense.
>>
>Houndoom match
Here we go
>>
>>31975735
>pupper vs memeowl

should be gud.
>>
I'm using theme decks only, I bought battle ruler with my initial coins, I just saved up 500 more, which deck should I buy?
>>
>>31975916
Incineroar and buy packs from now on
>>
>>31975937
specifically roaring skies packs.

Unless you want copies of a certain card that you can get in theme decks.
>>
>>31975937
>>31975990
Thanks, I just noticed the OP, pretty interesting stuff. I'm still hesitant getting into the whole standard game because I'm just really casual and don't want this to eat up my life. Are there any places to find budget decks?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-04-14-07-54.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-04-14-07-54.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>guy intentionally takes a long time to play his turns
>I'm ready to enter the home stretch
>My wifi lapses
>No reconnection attempting protocol in the game
Is tpci bad at everything?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-03-04-14-15-37.png (264KB, 1440x1192px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-03-04-14-15-37.png
264KB, 1440x1192px
>>31976184
Apparently there was reconnection protocols but they either removed them or only allow reconnection in tourneys.

Why the fuck not give players like 30 seconds to reconnect, forcing the game to end because of a 1 second lapse in wifi connection is so dumb.
>>
>>31976184
>my wifi lapses
>its tpcis fault ablooboboo
Settle down biskuit
>>
>>31976253
It's not their fault my wifi lapses, but it's not difficult to implement a protocol that allows players to reconnect.

This is just one of many small things and many big things (the mainline videogames are completely unacceptable) that they can't get right.
>>
>>31976272
Except this exists in tournaments
>>
Since water decks rarely make day one i thought quad houndoom (as in no gumshoos or raticate) would be better.
>>
>>31976283
I realised that >>31976239 here. Why not allow it in VS? Not an entire five minutes of course, but 30sec at least.
>>
>>31976320
Because it would be boring if every sudden concede (youll face kids who do that eventually) had a timer for the opponent.
>>
>>31976335
Yeah, I've experienced butthurt players a lot. People who just waste as much time as possible, let their timer run down rather than clicking "end turn" etc. I feel like a few seconds reconnect timer would be fine.

I see what you mean though.
>>
>>31976410

I get butthurt sometimes and I just immediately hit "done" when my turn starts. don't get ragequitting.
>>
I take back what I said about the new look of the energies

bought two s/m packs and physically, they look really good except for the bar at the bottom

pulls were garbage though.. inciniroar and crabminable non holo
>>
File: yveltal_by_drphantom24-d5r5lss.png (209KB, 900x591px) Image search: [Google]
yveltal_by_drphantom24-d5r5lss.png
209KB, 900x591px
How are you fags not capable of winning Standard/Expanded ticket tourneys? That's sad. All you need to do is build Yveltal/Archeops and take first every time. You can be a faggot and build Nightmarch, but that's for pusies
>>
Forest Shadow >>> Roaring heat
more consistancy, less filler
come at me
>>
File: incineroar.gif (170KB, 131x96px) Image search: [Google]
incineroar.gif
170KB, 131x96px
>>31976457
Incineroar is a terrible design in the first place.

Literally my mom's fursuit.
>>
People who think that incineroar has a good design should quit playing.
>>
>>31976492
>skipped leg day
>shoots flames out of its crotch
>those hands
How can anyone take it seriously?
>>
>>31976492
And it's GX card is even worse. I honestly feel bad for people who pulled it. All it is it is trade filler at best.
>>
>>31976507
Make me
>>
File: litten_progression.png (172KB, 776x554px) Image search: [Google]
litten_progression.png
172KB, 776x554px
>>31976511
Check it out.

>>31976507
Glad you mentioned that. Someone posted pic related yesterday.
>>
>>31976524
eh, it could be usable in SM2 with Victini's pseudo-reprint. Never going to be a high tier card though unless we get a sky field reprint/clone since megaray is just better in most ways.
>>
File: 200px-SkylaBoundariesCrossed134.jpg (20KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
200px-SkylaBoundariesCrossed134.jpg
20KB, 200x276px
I'' never forget the time I battled some one who used Korrina over Skyla because he didn't like how much skin Skyla showed and didn't want his children to see. Keep in mind his deck had no fighting types in it.
>>
>>31976544
Even then, it's too inconsistent to try to set up. it get's set up T2-T3 at best, and even then Mega Ray is already set up to one-shot it.
>>
>>31976544
Turtonator is more consistent anyway
>>
So I haven't played TGC since the Neo sets

Are there any good EX counters? I feel like those fucking cards are ruining any kind of balance in the game. Two prize cards doesn't make up for it at all.
>>
>>31976603
>TGC

meant TCG, now I'm embarrassed
>>
>>31976603
Other EX cards
>>
>>31976603
Any pokemon with safeguard, jolteon, glaceon, regice, some other shit.
>>
>buy two roaring skies
>latios-ex into FA m-latios-ex
shaymin pls
>>
>>31976618
>Not buying singles
Hopeless.
>>
>>31976630
>singles with coins
>>
>>31976650
>using coins for payment
>>
rofl only Funbreon can win in that situation
>>
>>31976564
Yeah, I just assume its worthless until megaray is gone because megaray is a better sky field user. But sky field leaves with megaray unless there's a reprint.
>>
>>31976630

>buying singles

granted I'm the kind of autist that only has fun with MTG if I'm playing Sealed, so
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-04-15-14-25.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-04-15-14-25.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>31976618
What's the point of this card?
>>
>>31976692
Lets you draw more cards without using your supporter for the turn. Since it's a Pokémon, you can also access it through Ultra Ball and such things.
>>
>>31976692

anything in a card game that lets you get either free or dirt cheap card advantage is stupid good by default
>>
>>31976692
winning
>>
>>31976692
A common card in every good deck right now. If you don't run at least 2 in every deck you have a decently higher chance of doing poorly.
>>
>quilava
top kek
>>
File: Cyndaquil wut.jpg (55KB, 446x460px) Image search: [Google]
Cyndaquil wut.jpg
55KB, 446x460px
>Several FA Shaymin, FA Mega Fug, holo cards, etc.
>Zero FA Sycamores
>>
>lmao 5heads

funbreon gonna take this regional.
>>
>>31976855
>umbreon better at mill than houndoom
N-not fair! DELETE THIS!
>>
>>31976866
funnily enough i teched 1 bunnelby into my funbreon list just so I can discard 2 and mill my opponent after I nail all of their energies.
>>
Are the servers being dumb or is it just me? I've been disconnected several times today.
>>
>people still play garde PRC

lmao what month is this?
>>
>>31976603
Non EX pokemon with scaling attacks i.e. Vespiquen or Xerneas.

Or you can go for something that can handle a prize trade like Night March but that's not standard.

Lastly: Use good EXs/GXs as well
>>
Is there any difference between the Base Set Zapdos and the Base Set 2 Zapdos (apart from the BS2 symbol)?

I know that it is a reprint, but is the holofoil pattern different?
>>
why do passmemian players get so mad and act like its TTTLY UNFAIR!!! when they have monkeys or DCE prized?

Like if you auto lose when you have mildly unfavorable prizes you should blame the deck for being a shit meme, not your bad luck.
>>
File: battle of the nerds.jpg (421KB, 1438x768px) Image search: [Google]
battle of the nerds.jpg
421KB, 1438x768px
Are you enjoying the Ptcg stream famalam?
>>
>>31977726
I was.

It's at par with MTG when it comes to production budget. And the meta doesn't seem too congested with blacks.
>>
>>31977726
Grafton's deck was neat, but this match is just a boring standard+.
>>
Any Guzma card yet?
>>
Anybody had any luck with M Beedrill EX in Sun/Moon format?
>>
>>31977893
mega beedrill has always been a meme and the amount of switch cards people play these days makes it even worse.
>>
>>31977866
No, the only team skull card atm is team skull grunt, which lets you discard 2 energy from your opponent's hand.

I hope Guzma is like Ghetsis but for supporters.
>>
Wheres Sheffield top32
>>
>guy is rotating pokemon with a manaphy in an attempt to deck me out
>eventually just draw into vs seeker into lysandre and KO a shaymin for the win

I don't get why people online don't check their opponent's discard piles, it's way easier to do than it is irl even.
>>
>volcanion in expanded

can't believe people actually do this desu.
>>
Is keving not running at least one single psychic energy right

>>31978338
Im impressed hes not running the torchic combo
>>
>those topdecks

rofl, well memed.
>>
>>31978428
what happened, he decked out? was eating now
>>
>>31978437
he topdecked a tropical beach two turns in a row when he needed them for OHKOs, and also chained 3 lysandre one of which was a prize draw.
>>
>winning by long turns
Cant tell if scum or smartest motherfucker
>>
>>31978588
Wait what? I tabbed away for 2 minutes when he had one Groudon against 3 set up Volcanions but he won?
>>
>>31978629
Lysandred a volcanion without energy and time eventually went out.
>>
Is the stream over?
>>
>>31978638
That's kinda gay
>>
>>31978697
That's how Groudon is meant to play though, it's a super slow deck. You win game one or you lose both games more or less since your opponent will timer stall you in the next game.
>>
>>31978721
Yeah I understand, it's just really anti-climatic and boring. Especially if it can be the decider of a series.
>>
>>31977726
fuckin hambeasts jesus christ.
>>
>>31978756
I wonder what would happen if PTCG had a weight limit. Or if all TCGs had weight limits on their tournaments.
>>
>>31978756
>>31978785
Come on theres way heavier people outside. (not here. i dont live in america)
>>
>>31978796
Just because 12 is greater than 8 doesn't mean they're not both higher than 6.
>>
>iris
madman
>>
>>31979154
then the game 3 starts jirachi rofl
>>
YESSSSSSSSSSS

FUCK YESSSSSSS.

I FINALLY GOT BLESSED WITH A SHAYMIN EX PTCGO PULL TODAY!!!! OUT OF MY LAST RS PTCGO CODE TOO!!!!

JUST FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSS

Unfortunately I didn't pull Shaymin EX from any of my four RS I purchased today. I'm still really fucking happy I finally pulled a Shyamin EX today even if it was a PTCGO only pull. :)
>>
File: 1476109001081.jpg (8KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476109001081.jpg
8KB, 217x250px
>it's a decidueye game where he moves first, gets 3 owls up on 1st turn and then wins because he can donk all of my non-grass evolution pokemon

can we please just rotate fogp already?
>>
>>31979414
>opening packs
>not just saving them to trade for guranteed cards

Congrats fampai
>>
>>31979451
I see you from the previous thread, all your suggestions are bad.
>>
>>31979482
t. player who enjoys random turn 1 ability power plays that just auto win the game with vileplume/decidueye
>>
People who use t. dont deserve my [You]
>>
>both myself and my opponent are confused
>he gets 5 heads in a row
>I get 4 tails in a row
>I have four float stones in my deck
>don't draw a single one after 2 N and 3 Sycamore

honestly some days I'm just better off not playing this game.
>>
File: somegarbagepokemondeck.png (1MB, 1293x761px) Image search: [Google]
somegarbagepokemondeck.png
1MB, 1293x761px
How do you find "pokemon that support your primary attacker"? I tried my hand at making and standard deck and this is all I could come up with.
I know I'm missing a few things like 2 vs seekers and shaymin ex , but what I'm really having trouble is finding stuff to complement ladios ex.

The only thing I could think of is
>oh after I use lightpulse the only thing that can happen to my latios is that he can be damaged

>I guess Ill just add a bunch of potions and pokemon center ladies

Outside of that I have no idea what pokemon to put in as supports.
>>
>>31979727
Pokemon that support your primary attacker fall into one of three categories

1. Pokemon that make your attacker do what it does better (and better usually means faster, so draw power, energy acceleration, ect)
2. Pokemon that cover things that your attacker can't do
3. Pokemon that prevent your opponent from doing nasty things to your attacker/disrupt their game plan

Comments on your list

1. potions are fucking terrible never use them
2. Hau is a terrible supporter, never use him, replace him with 2 Ns and 2 vs seekers when you can
3. Running megas and spirit links as one-of cards is pretty bad
4. Primarina is terrible, I see that you're doing the DDE energy acceleration shit but that works best with Darkrai. Non grass stage 2s are bad without rare candies, and are generally still pretty bad with rare candies.

Latios isn't very good either, having to run 4 energy for an attack that doesn't have nearly as good of a side effect as Giratina's chaos wheel just sucks in a meta where yveltal and megatwo are everywhere.
>>
Sorry if its a dumb fucking question but kinda new here. Why should I buy the Incineroar theme deck? Is it really that good? Most people I have been faced with have either water decks or the mental might one so is it really good to buy a fire deck?
>>
>>31977530
>Night March but that's not standard.
what since wen?
>>
>>31979929

Since September.
>>
>>31979955
jesus. Is trevenant still standard? I wanted to run it.
>>
>>31976603
I also came back after a long break (since Skyridge). If you are playing online, there's not much to be done, it's what everyone else said: either specific non-EX decks (which usually still use Shaymin EX for support anyway) or you too, start using EX/GX.

I play IRL with a friend and we use no more than 1 EX in a deck, or sometimes, none at all. This, of course, leads to longer matches, which is not a problem when you are playing one or two matches casually. On tournaments, though, this wouldn't work.

EXes trade balance for speed. This game suffers a lot from pacing issues, the easy fix was to make big basics that reach high numbers fast. Unfortunately, this renders most evolution lines a waste of effort and deck slots.
>>
>>31979965
No
>>
>>31979968
fuck
>>
File: Delete.png (55KB, 541x415px) Image search: [Google]
Delete.png
55KB, 541x415px
>>31979727
That deck is absolute shit.
>>
File: C2psRPRXAAA5SPv.jpg (30KB, 584x420px) Image search: [Google]
C2psRPRXAAA5SPv.jpg
30KB, 584x420px
>>31979727
>4 Potion
>3 Pkmn Center Lady
>>
>>31979863
>which latias i'm new and the pic is bad resolution
>look up m latios ex
>get http://crystalsimagination.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal%27s_Imagination_World
>>
File: helios-selene.jpg (438KB, 901x629px) Image search: [Google]
helios-selene.jpg
438KB, 901x629px
Is there a better deck in Expanded than dark Yveltal/Darkrai? All I do is win. Why don't more people play Jolteon to stop it.
>>
>>31979727
SM Dragonair is an energy acceleration option, Golduck Break/Lunala GX move energies off wounded Latios. Though if you have those cards, they have better partners.
>>
>>31980351
>Why don't more people play Jolteon to stop it.
Because Jolteon is countered by escape rope, repel, and Ranger.
>>
Idk if I'm just uneducated with the news, but are gxes replacing exes? Are exes dead? See, I like gxes because they're loads more balanced, but I think I might miss exes.
>>
>>31980351
Jolteon's damage output is too shitty for the most part, too easy to work around it with lysandres into midnight spears, rangers, ect.

Yveltal is just the sweet spot of immediately threatening and able to deal big damage.

>>31980420
EX will die a slow death as they rotate out, there aren't going to be any new ones in SM though there might be a few more released as XY promos. Most or all of them will be gone from standard in September 2018 probably.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>done with ladder for two weeks now

Truly no greater relief
>>
File: cards.png (134KB, 405x157px) Image search: [Google]
cards.png
134KB, 405x157px
just pulled these of 8 packs (obviously just 1 gumshoos)
and should i buy the lunch box with the m gengar shiny?
>>
>>31980530
>tfw not even second tier done

I....I'm gonna make it without genting, right?

I'm not just gonna get pissed off and quit every day after getting 3 MM'd into three abysmal matchups where I can't draw to save my life, am I?
>>
>>31980472
That's too bad, honestly. GXes just aren't as fun to me.
>>31980556
I pulled two Solgaleo gxes in back to back packs.
>>
>>31980556
M-Gengar kind of sucks imo. Basically the good megas are

Rayquaza
Gardevoir (both of them)
Mewtwo Y

then uhh, like Manectric and some of the expanded only megas are okay, most mega cards are dogshit though.
>>
>>31980568
There's still expanded which is a more diverse and generally more fun meta imo. Only issue is the cards you need for it are kind of spendy, a lot of the staple trainer/item cards are like 2 packs instead of .5 packs.
>>
>>31980530
fuck me, with no genting? do you have a life/girlfriend/time to cook or sleep?

I am not even on the third tier yet, even with a decent win rate and sixish hours spent.
>>
>>31980596
I just multitask while I play
>>
>>31980568
nice
>>31980580
hm, maybe i want it because of gengar being my favorite poke on and loving it shiny, but i dont know if its worth the price for 5 steam sieges boosters
>>
>>31980588
I prefer expanded, it's all I play, honestly.
>>
>>31980627
Steam Seige is the worst, man
>>
>>31980648
i know, i havent pulled anything good from steam siege or fates collide
>>
>>31980640
aside from shit like archeops lock it's just a more fun format. There are a lot more viable deck archetypes and more counter cards. There's actually a way to disable fucking garbodor for one.

We just need a good card to counter Archeops imo, that's the only thing that you absolutely have to depend on Lysandre/rope tricks to deal with.

>>31980648
ehhh, sts is an average set, not a bad one.
>>
>>31980658
well you never pull anything good from fac because there is nothing good to pull from that set. It's a little better than evo but not much.
>>
>>31980627
Anon, aiming for meme tier 1 cards all the time gets old really fast.

If you think 5 packs is too much, try to offer less, maybe someone accepts.
>>
File: 127019_200w.jpg (26KB, 220x307px) Image search: [Google]
127019_200w.jpg
26KB, 220x307px
>>31980658
>>31980726
I've got awful luck, so it could just be me. Sun and Moon as well, there's a lot of cards I want, pic related, but I just get shit.
>>31980726
My deck is very ex heavy, so I get hardlocked by regice usually.
>>
>>31980766
regice can be dealt with using pokemon ranger pretty easily, Archeops has no real counter card though. Hex Maniac maybe but that only gives you a one turn opening to evolve so you need to have it in discard and be able to vs seek it right after maxie drops.
>>
anyone @here have the standings for top cut in both sheffield and st louis regionals? Where is all the info where are the players wat are the twitters PLEASE
>>
>>31980847
What does Pokemon Ranger do? Never seen it before.
>>
>>31980927
disables all effects of attacks. So if a move says 'this pokemon can't attack next turn' or 'during the next turn this pokemon takes no damage from pokemon EX' that's broken.

It's a must one-of card in any deck that runs only basic or only evolution attackers to deal with jolteon/glaceon without resorting to ropetricks, and it has the same impact against Regice.
>>
>decided to make a new account because I did a bunch of dumb shit like open packs instead of hording them for trading
>get started
>Have the rallying cry and mental might decks unlocked for the theme versus ladder
>under the trainer challenge I only have access to crushing current, hidden depths, and born of fire
Its been so long, can you just not use rallying cry or mental might in the trainer challenge?
>>
>>31980966
I'll see if I have one and put it in my deck! Thanks a lot.
>>
>>31981017
You don't get any new tradable packs from starting a new account buddy. In fact you want to play a high level account because you can't accumulate tradable value from dailies until you're level 16.
>>
>>31980966

Pretty sure it doesn't stop special conditions though? eg paralysis, sleep, poison etc
>>
>>31981107
Thankfully my other account was a low level as well

Plus I'm autistic and have two different pokemon club accounts and would rather have everything on this one.
Besides I can just haul over all of my tradable ex'es and what not to my other one anyways right?
>>
>>31981117
No, it just removes buffs/debuffs, things like flash ray, resistance blizzard, crystal ray, and trapping moves as well.

Special conditions are not the same thing as effects of attacks, they're their own mechanic.
>>
>>31981168
Yeah, I suppose you can look at it as another chance to roll for better pulls on your initial 45 packs, but unless you're speedhacking in the trainer challenge that's more tedium than its worth.

So's playing theme imo, I enjoyed the game enough to drop ~$50 on various codes and that was enough value to build a couple of decks and get 2 shaymemes.

Once you have one or two good decks, new decks become exponentially easier to assemble.
>>
Any good meme decks to recommend?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-05-00-59-01.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-05-00-59-01.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>31981222
Depends, how do you want to meme people?

nu-memes like Passimian/Mew?
Classic memes like Typhlosion?
Coinflip troll memes like Funbreon?
Obscure memes like Lucario-STS?
Janky memes like Umbreon/Gengar?
Ascended memes that can actually place at tournaments like Houndoom Mill and Gyarados-AT?
>>
>>31981227
It's retardedly difficult to play enough theme to get the 2k reward without genting because of how much less consistent and slower theme is as a format.

The best rewards for new players are typically in the first 2 sets anyways, the SM packs are nice but really, a few packs isn't that big of a deal. Same with the tokens. Colress is expanded only and if you're in theme hell, it'll be quite some time before you're ready to build an expanded deck and Colress is typically both a one of and not an expensive card if you really want that FA.
>>
>>31981245

What's an updated Typhlosion deck like?
>>
What is the cheapest/most reliable place to buy singles and boxes from?

I'm from kangaroo island.
>>
>>31981259
Holy shit, I got some of what you said but can you try again and use vocabulary assuming I am new to this?

Part of what I understood is that the level three reward caps at 2,000 lightning points. Holy fuck, that's too many.
>>
>>31981358
For a new player, tickets and coins are the most valuable rewards. The former allows you to enter tournaments for tradable currency and the latter can buy RS packs looking for Shaymin. You've got all of those except two (tickets at 1170 and coins at 1400 iirc) so you could stop there if you're sick of theme, or go for those rewards if you're not.
>>
>>31976827
that is pretty laffable

FA Sycamore is cheap as fucking dirt.
>>
File: 1478451672239.png (141KB, 278x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478451672239.png
141KB, 278x357px
>first match in tourney
>vs Rainbow Road
>Guy is having bad luck placing energy
>Jolteon on his active is down to 30HP with FFB
>He switches it out for Fright Night Yveltal
>Knocks out his own Jolteon on the bench
>>
>>31981767

This sort of reminds me of Nationals last year

>Played against Bronzong / FAC Genesect EX
>Couldn't OHKO a Genesect EX with FFB attached to it (10 damage short)
>He retreats it, Drive Changes to return the FFB to hand
>I draw two Prizes, he was like "what are you doing?"
>Points to his Genesect EX with no FFB, and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>31980563

what does genting means... google know shit
>>
>>31981902
Gentlemen's agreement. Players used to on the last day of ladder go into legacy and forfeit if they lost the coin flip.

Pokemon found this out and started warning people they would get banned.
>>
>>31981946

o kurwa...

they are popierdoleni on their heads...
>>
>>31982120

is that reverse trolling?

>mfw still I agree
>>
>>31981358

it's only 200 or less matches [10/15 points per win]
>>
>>31981245
Don't you mean Espeon/Gengar?
>>
>>31981245
>Obscure memes like Lucario-STS?
The only Lucario I can find that seems meme-worthy is the one from Fates Collide, unless you mean something I don't know about STS.
And Raikou is also an ascended meme.
>>
File: 160.jpg (48KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
160.jpg
48KB, 251x251px
>decide to check my deck winrates
>yveltel/garb at 70%
>volcanion at 71%
I generally dont check my winrates for online but holy dicks
>>
>>31982449
70+ Tier 1
60-69 Tier 2
50-59 Ascended Meme
40-49 Workable Meme
0-39 Deck Wizard Tier
>>
>>31982689
Has anyone used a deck wizard deck that literally cannot win a game? would be funny to watch a loss streak to see how far it goes (without the player being physically retarded)
>>
>>31974632
>finally we get a streamed event edition ( twitch: pokemontcg_eu)
>turbo darkrai w/ 1 shaymin and no hoopas
M A D M A N
>>
File: Glalie-SM2.jpg (92KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
Glalie-SM2.jpg
92KB, 496x693px
[W][W] Crunch: 40 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.
[W][W][W] Raping Ice Ball: 70+ damage. If this Pokemon has any damage counters on it, this attack does 80 more damage.

Whats with the nerfed water mons
>>
>>31982781
>Raping Ice Ball
Really?
>>
>>31982781
water box is in the top 32, gotta make sure it doesn't become too powerful. What we really need is more dark techs
>>
>>31981245
>Obscure memes like Lucario-STS?
>>31982252
Also, are there any cards that discard your own dudes besides MGard and Parallel City?
>>
>>31982809
>altar of the moon
>comfey
Dark is getting more tech.
>>
File: old lady crying.jpg (30KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
old lady crying.jpg
30KB, 450x320px
>tfw absolutely demolishing some faggot who relies on EX and GX cards

Hope those trades were worth it, now that your Darkrai was fucked by a mixture of theme decks
>>
>>31982833
why the fuck do you think we should stop there. We need more bench support, maybe an extra tool that increases damage by 30 but only works if attached to a dark pokemon. Bring back the original darkness special energy. dark version of garbodor that also has an attack that scales of every energy attached to your opponents pokemon.
>>
>>31982838
>some faggot doing everything he can to avoid using EX/GX in his deck because muh prize trades
>start shaymin looping him to death
>he concedes after the 5th time
Really makes me want to make a dedicated shaymin loop deck
>>
File: Glalie-EX full art.jpg (71KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
Glalie-EX full art.jpg
71KB, 400x557px
>>31982781

That artwork looks quite cool.

Even though I don't play irl, I bought a copy of pic related yesterday because Glalie is one of my top 2 favourite Pokemon and the artwork looks really nice. I might be tempted to buy this SM2 Glalie as well.

Forgot pic last time.
>>
>>31982845
reprint of dark patch too. Dark types are the kewlest and deserve all kinds of support
>>
>>31982795
It's Raging. That guy is just trying to be funny, but failed to understand that rape is only funny when it happens to a clown.
>>
>>31982988
It gave me a (You) so i got what i wanted
>>
File: off the bottom.png (813KB, 998x634px) Image search: [Google]
off the bottom.png
813KB, 998x634px
If there is a way to fit all of my deck into the screen I'd appreciate it. I ORIGINALLY had most of my trainer cards be different-art cards of the same card because why not, but the only way I can find to screenshot my deck list is this, which as you can see means my deck goes off the bottom. Even when I cleaned up most of the duplicate cards for memey 'bling' purposes.

Anyways, since you can't see my energy cards using this screenshot, I have the following:

2x Burning Energy
2x Double Colorless
2x Basic Fire
4x Basic Electric
>>
>>31983289
I just realized you can't see how many cards each are in the bottom row.

3x N
2x Pokemon Center Lady
4x Sycamore
2x Exp Share
1x Weakness Policy

Honestly at this rate I should've just typed out the deck
>>
>>31983309
>>31983309

If you click 'Export Deck', you can paste the whole decklist.
>>
>>31983289
Ditch all of your pokemon except your Raichu/Pikachu line and Oranguru.
Up your Pika/Raichu to 4-4.
Get Octillery/Remoraid and 2-2 them
go to 2 Oranguru (you can get another one from the incineroar deck IIRC)
Get 4-4 Zorua/Zoroark BKT, you can get a playset of Zoroark from buying one of the themedecks, forget which one but it's got gengar in it too.

Ditch all energy except 4 DCE

Go up to 4 vs seeker, 4 sky field, ditch your judge and 4-4 N/Sycamore. Go 4 level ball, ditch your xp shares and weakness policy. Put some cards for recovering your attackers like buddy buddy and put in 3-4 special charge.

tech in 1-2 Eevee SM and 1 Flareon/Vaporeon AOR if you have space since you're using stage 1 attackers.

You now have a pretty decent non-EX budget deck that is capable of taking games off of people netdecking meta shit.
>>
Top 8 EU boys
>>
>megaray vs decidueye

whoever wins the flip probably wins this game.
>>
>>31983318
All right, here's full decklist then.

>Pokémon - 15
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Snorlax BKT 118
* 2 Stufful SUM 111
* 2 Bewear SUM 112
* 2 Growlithe BKP 10
* 2 Arcanine BKP 11
* 1 Moltres FAC 9
* 2 Pikachu BKT 48
* 2 Raichu XY 43
>Trainer Cards - 35
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 N DEX 96
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Judge BKT 143
* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Exp. Share NXD 87
>Energy - 10
* 2 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 4 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6
* 2 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 2 Fire Energy 2
>Total Cards - 60

>>31983390
Sounds like a solid plan, thanks. Sounds like it's at least 1000 coins off since I'm buying at least two more theme decks, though. ...Are there any decks with Sky Field and more Pika/Raichus besides Crushing Current, or am I going to just have to buy Roaring Skies and Breakthrough packs for them?
>>
>>31983446
What's preventing Mfug from just shutting all over the owls
>>
>>31983450
You can buy multiple copies of themedecks for cards and it's actually a good play to do so since tokens aren't worth that much.

If you have to choose between spending tokens for cards and spending tradable value for cards, you always want to spend tokens first especially as a new player.
>>
>>31983461
Jirachi XY and Lugia-EX
>>
>Decidueye/Plume
>M Fug
>?
>?
>?
>?
>Darkrai Turbo
>Volcanion
Whats the rest?
>>
>>31983482
there has to be at least one yveltal player there, i refuse to believe none of them made top 8.

I think a gyarados player is in top 8 too.
>>
File: download.png (125KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
125KB, 245x342px
that delinquent tho

how is she so perfect? why doesn't she get a FA?
>>
>>31983467
Well, yes, but I don't think you can buy more copies of the four starter decks (Crushing Current, Hidden Depths, Born of Fire, and Mental Might).

...Can you?
>>
>>31983563
No, not of those. I think you do need to trade for sky fields, vs seekers, octillery, special charge and probably buddy buddies too.

But all of that combined is under 10 packs with most of that being in vs seekers and octillery.
>>
See? Told you. Win flip, win game. Fucking memeowl.
>>
>>31983582
All right then. Thanks.

>>31983610
Is it bad that I keep reading that as "me-meow-l" instead of "meme-owl"?
>>
>memeowl takes top 4

I was really, really hoping this thing would fall flat again so I could stop playing nothing but Garbodor decks. I'm so tired of having to deal with this shit.
>>
>>31981259
New here, what is this genting everyone is talking about?
>>
when's the mimikyu meta
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 723x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 723x405px
Remoraid must be an amazing cad to go top 4
>>
>>31983950
This question was already answered in this thread. >>31981946
>>
Nice to see a Gyarados deck make it to the finals of Sheffield.

To bad there is zero chance it can beat Decidueye/Vileplume. Not even gonna watch.
>>
top 4 was Gyarados vs Darkrai and Memeowl vs Toolbox, Gyarados just made finals, anyone know if memeowl is in finals?

Decidueye is absolutely going to win this tournament, can't wait to encounter all of the netdeckers on ladder over the next week.
>>
>>31984391
>netdeckers
whats that?
>>
>>31984453
Netdeckers are people who create decks based off a list they see on the internet, rather than making it themselves. They're hated for the same reason Smogonfags are hated: They don't really think WHY things are in the deck, just that they are.
>>
>>31984483
>They're hated for the same reason Smogonfags are
Not really, you cant win just by netdecking unlike vgc, also smogon is injection not buying physical cards.
>>
>>31984507
>you cant win just by netdecking
Then why do people hate them then? If the game is so nuanced that you can't win simply by going "ME GO FACE", then why complain?
>>
>>31984557
Nobody hates them idk where he got this.
>>
>>31984557
because they make me play boring decks to counter their tedious decks. I'd rather not play Yveltal/Garb but the steady increase of decidueye players is just making it necessary to carry a good ability lock tool.
>>
>>31984573
Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I can see it. I was simply going off the dude who was complaining that there were going to be Owls on the VS ladder, calling them netdeckers, like it was a derogatory term. In an age where pretty much every deck, minus some super secret meme anti-meta homebrew deck can be found on the net, it's mostly a non-issue.
>>31984592
You could always just play what you want. It's a game, you make your own fun. If you don't want to play a boring deck, don't make boring decks simply to counter the meta. Sure you'll take some knocks, but it's better than hating yourself for playing something you don't like, right?
>>
>>31984592
just play volcanion nerd
>>
>>31984557
>Then why do people hate them then?
Because of "M-MUH ORIGINALITY." If this game had a chat client, you wouldn't believe how many people you'd get who would whine about how much you lack creativity and originality every time you use TurboDark or something like that.

No matter what game it is, there will always be shitters who think using a tier 1 deck takes no skill and that true skill lies in winning with some shit deck you made up by yourself.
>>
>>31984685
volcanion is even more tedious and boring than yveltal and the amount of things you have to click exponentially increases the probability that the game crashes for me.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-04-22-33-48.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-04-22-33-48.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Can someone explain to me what winning in an upset (winning against someone you have advantage over) gives you?

I just beat incineroar deck with Forest Shadow and nothing happened.
>>
>>31984893
Something tells me you REEE every time someone beats you with a deck you're unfamiliar with
>>
>>31984973
you get 15 ladder points instead of 10
>>
File: 1369464313675.jpg (54KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1369464313675.jpg
54KB, 800x804px
>mfw winning against tier 1 decks just because I have two regice in my scrub random deck wizard deck
>>
>>31984896
>playing online
theres ur issue
>>
>>31985036
Something tells me you're exactly the type of person I described.
>>
Josue Rojano is one of the worst commentators I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. How he's held this job for years is beyond my comprehension.
>>
Any idea how many packs a full art Lillie or Ilima go for? Looking for both but trying to avoid them scammers.
>>
File: PTCGO3.jpg (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PTCGO3.jpg
567KB, 1920x1080px
>>31974632

Wew lad
>>
>>31982861

With Choice Band coming out you could pair that with Kukui for 80 damage sky returns. I guess you could run Wobb or some other wall like Tauros-GX to place active.
i guess you could make some meme out of that.

Play in expanded, you get robo-sub
>>
"I don't understand why he doesn't just do 20."

Parallel City is in play you dumb fucks. Christ these nignogs don't even watch the game.
>>
>>31985896
damn, I was considering selling off my shaymemes after they rotated but this sounds spicy af.

You won't even necessarily need many good draw supporters since you're drawing to 6 every turn due to shaymin cycling
>>
>alex has 2 toads in prizes
>alex has 2 sky fields in prizes

should be a funny match at least
>>
>>31986426
That Ghetsis though
>>
St. Louis top 8
>?
>Darkrai
>MFug
>Toad/Decidueye
>Accelgor/Wobb
>Nightmarch
>?
>?
>>
>>31986471
yeah rofl, I hope Guzma has an effect like that. We need more devastating disruption supporters in standard.
>>
>>31985783
Lillie 4 SM, Ilima 2 SM
>>
>pokemon communication in a top 8
Whod have thought
>>
>>31986580
it works well in decidueye fogp decks since it lets you round off owl lines more quickly.

anyways, I think toad/bats is better than decidumeme.
>>
>>31986479
Nailing your opponent with a turn one Ghetsis that messes up their hand gravely is arguably one of the most pleasurable things in the entire game tbqh senpaiília
>>
>pick dragon KO challenge
>can't fucking complete it because my only decent dragon attackers are Giratina and Salamence EX and I'm not running into any matchups where I can score KOs with them

Is that Haxorus memedeck any good? I need a pure dragon attacker deck that doesn't take 2 special energies and depend on matchups to be at all useful.
>>
>>31985891
ive only gotten a couple fancy cards, idk which are included either

i think i opened Primal Groudon EX, Alakazam EX, Lugia EX and
>>
No love for blastoise or non-grass stage 2 in expanded? Or at least one that made top32?

>>31986795
Play fug or garchomp in legacy, its relatively cheap to build.
>>
>>31986795
It's not good but you can steamroll 20/25% of games, so it'd probably fill the quest pretty quickly
>>
>>31986795
There isn't anything better. Unless you have/are willing to buy Night Striker and tank a lot.
>>
>>31986889
I have no junk arms and ~7 packs tradeable value atm
>>
>>31986900
I have Night Striker but Noivern is probably even slower than trying to Giratina my way to it.

Do challenges auto-expire if you don't complete them within a day? I've never taken a challenge I haven't been able to complete before.
>>
jesus this fat guy looks like he just ran a 5k
>>
>2 lampent and 1 joltik prized
>facing Decidueye which can rape your bench

nightmarch BTFO rofl
>>
>Alex vs Alex
>John vs John
>Night March in 2017

Literally wtf PTCG
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (623KB, 938x484px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
623KB, 938x484px
>>31986795
Ive faced this deck once and it looked pretty decent.
>>
>>31986475
>1. Volcanion
>2. Decidueye/Vileplume
>3. Accelgor/Wobbuffet
>4. M-Rayquaza/Water
>5. Toad/Decidueye
>6. Night March
>7. Vileplume/Lurantis
>8. Maxie's Yveltal

Top 4
M-Rayquaza Vs. Volcanion
Night March Vs. Vileplume/Lurantis
>>
>bts item lock

Can't wait for the rotation to kill this.
>>
>>31987101
Volcanion is fugged, the guy who uses it doesn't play scorched earth at all and he's against Wilson.

I strongly suspect this will come down to Megaray vs Owls which is strongly favored to whoever moves first.
>>
>>31986941
No. But unless you've reached a certain level, you can't get any new challenges until you complete or abandon it.
>>
File: 1330275799289.jpg (146KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
1330275799289.jpg
146KB, 469x428px
>Night March
>>
I need sauce on the music they use on the Sheffield stream earlier :( I recorded a bit with vocaroo but for some reason it came out fucked up.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1hBacIYI2US
>>
Tauros - GX OP
>>
ha ha ha ha
>>
Owl Plume wins 2-0 Vs. Night March
>>
>>31987418
Eat your words now
>>
>>31987512
Finals
M-Fug Vs. Owl Plume
>>
>finals cast by josue

haha time to watch on mute
>>
File: freeze frame.png (121KB, 233x235px) Image search: [Google]
freeze frame.png
121KB, 233x235px
>>
>>31987513
the card is blatantly overpowered
>>
>>31987187
Does volc run scorched earth to get energy for power heater under ability lock or something? Because they certainly dont need more draw power
>>
>3 owls prized
gg
>>
>3 owls in the prize
g fucking g
>>
>>31987796
>>31987805
decidueye players deserve this.
>>
Rowlet is a jerk x3
>>
A Rowlet appears
>>
>turns literally take ten fucking minutes
This TCG is a joke
>>
>>31988047
That player is postponing if you didnt notice
>>
>>31988047
You could play Yugioh and have a 0-minute turn because your opponent won the dice roll. Would that be better?
>>
Decided to finally clear out my trainer challenges.
>1 M Charizard EX
>1 Audino EX
>1 M Houndoom EX
>1 Glalie EX
>1 Ampharos EX
>1 Tyranitar EX

That was an immense waste of time.
>>
>>31988073
Hey houndoom ex isn...
>M

oh rofl yeah you got kind of fucked.
>>
rofl nice N memeowl kid.

Thank god Decidueye didn't win both events today.
>>
>>31988255
It will go up in prize anyway
>>
>N to 1
>Top Decks Lysandre
>gg
>>
>s-surely N w-will save m-me
Top kek
>>
pika nipples
>>
>tfw Rotom Dex of all cards could've saved you and you get fukdup by your own N

Today was a bad day for grass owls
>>
>>31987788
It's partially for that and partially for extra draw power. And of course for knocking out stadiums against decks that need sky field more than you do.
>>
Nice N owlbabbie lmfao
>>
>>31988060
As opposed to waiting ten minutes to set up item lock or 240 attacker. If I'm going to lose I'd rather it be quick and painless, especially in timed BO3.
>>
>>31988307
Owls won the event in Europe
>>
>>31988358
Correction: Today was a ±0 day for grass owls.
>>
>>31988073

>1 Glalie EX

Was it at least this >>31982972 version? The FA at least looks amazing; the RA is one of the ugliest cards I've ever seen.

If you didn't get the FA, then you really did get bad pulls.
>>
>>31988424
Yeah it was the full art but it's still useless. Can't even trade it for a pack.
>>
>>31988437

You could try this deck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YAMpNNQQCw

It's not exactly tier 1, but it could be worth trying out; especially given that you can build it really cheaply.

I can't offer any first-hand experience though. Even though I love Glalie, I really dislike Mega Glalie and so I've never bothered to give this deck a go.
>>
>>31988490
Would rather save packs for the new expansion. I've got some decent decks.

>all its bad match ups are the current tier 1 decks
>>
If you're supposed to trade packs for specific cards you want, then are the people who actually open packs raw suckers or people who already have what they want and are just screwing around?
>>
>>31988849
It's fun opening packs sometimes, that's about it.
>>
Why are the draw 3 card trainer cards so bad? Is it just that there are always better options you can put in?
>>
>>31988921
Yes. Why would you draw 3 when you can draw 7?
>>
>>31988921
Pretty much. Sycamore/Lillie let you draw more than 3 cards, N/Ace Trainer/Judge also act as disruption, Kukui gives a damage boost with 2 cards as a bonus, etc. Drawing "just" 3 cards isn't as impressive in comparison, especially when Shaymin EX oftentimes can draw you at least 3 cards and doesn't use up your Supporter.
>>
>>31988921

>Is it just that there are always better options you can put in?

Basically, yes. Supporters can do so many different things; so using your 1 Supporter for the turn to draw just 3 cards is definitely sub-optimal.

Even if you don't need a Supporter to do anything but draw, there are better cards (Sycamore, N) to pick.
>>
File: sceptileyoudumbfuck.png (1MB, 1589x893px) Image search: [Google]
sceptileyoudumbfuck.png
1MB, 1589x893px
YAMETEE!!!!
>>
>>31989043
>5 untradeable M Sceptile EX
Its shit like this that makes me wish there was a dust system where you could burn copies of extras you own for a currency that would be used to convert untradeable cards and packs to be tradeable.

Maybe one day ptcgo will hear my wish
>>
>>31989058

Maybe they should take the gift wrap idea from TF2. And in case you dont know its a buyable item that when a non-tradable item is put into it, it becomes tradable.
>>
Quick question, I couldn't find the answer in the beginner guides (I'm sorry if I just missed it)

Where should I start having 0 cards for the physical card game? buy a structured deck/set and a booster box? or should I skip the structured deck all together and just get boxes? I'd like to waste as little as possible and put the money im going to be spending to its best use.
>>
>>31989315
If you're fresh off the boat, you might want to play the online game first and see if you like it.

If you're not fresh off the boat but are just starting a physical set, you want to either buy single cards from your decklist and build it, or get some of the battle arena decks as they come with some staple supporters.

I would recommend just building a deck on PTCGO, and then buying singles from online/local stores. Ie 4 Sycamore would be a couple bucks, but to get them from packs would be way more and you would get useless cards most of the time.

Only really buy the boxes if you have expendable income/collecting or want to open some for fun.
>>
>>31989315
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Arena_Decks:_Rayquaza_vs_Keldeo_(TCG)
Buy two and you'll have basically all the supporters you'll need, as well as an okay expanded deck in Archy's Blastoise. If you can't find any I think they're doing the same thing with the upcoming kyurem white vs. kyurem black.
>>
>>31989315
Keldeo vs Rayquaza, tins, and (depending on the price) Roaring Skies codes are good pickups for starting out.
>>
>>31989344
thanks for the advice friend, I do have a bit of experience in the online game now, so I'll probably go with the single cards idea and just buy a box at new releases for the fun of it.
>>
>>31989315
Just buy singles. Boxes/packs are basically just gambling your money away since you're not guaranteed to get what you want or make your money back. If you buy single cards, you know you're getting exactly what you need, so there's no wasted money.

Look at topping deck lists and decide which deck best suits your playstyle, then proxy it out and play around with it until you get comfortable enough with it. Try a few decks and decide which one you'd like to put money into.
>>
can decks with only normal pokemon be good?
>>
>>31989414
No. You need at least two Shaymin EX. It's just too good.
Except Greninja Break but it's dead.
>>
>>31989414
>>31989445
You don't need two Shaymin.

Getting Shaymin should be your goal but you can do fine without it. Just don't expect to be the best like no one ever was without it.

Keep in mind it will rotate out.
>>
>>31989485
And after it rotates out every standard deck will need 2 Lele.

And every expanded deck still needs 2-4 shaymemes.
>>
>>31989414
Yea they're not as fast as ex/gx pokemon and they have to burn through 6 prize cards. If you can hold them off until you're set up then you would win.
>>
>>31989445
>greninja BREAK is dead
>gardevoir sts is dead
>gyarados AT is probably dead due to the horrifically bad memeowl matchup
>vespiquen is going to rotate and karen was added as a tech card solely to fuck it and night march over

why do the most fun decks die while yveltal/darkrai are stronger than ever and probably won't even rotate?
>>
>>31989414
Vespiquen/Zebstrika, Yanmega Break, Rainbow Road, Night March and Typhlosion decks are decks you can run without EXs or GXs. I'm sure there are more.

You just have to make sure that you have great draw support, balance out your energy ratio, know your deck inside out, and basically endure long matches that end up being price tradey.
>>
>>31989550
Happy to see low-skill garbage lose its viability or rotate.
>>
>>31989607
vespiquen is probably the highest skill t1 competitive deck right now.
>>
>>31989550
>and karen was added as a tech card solely to fuck it and night march over
I keep seeing people say this and I've never seen a single Karen.
>>
>>31989621
>highest skill
>not yveltal
>>
>>31989594
>Rainbow Road
Needs Volcanion EX, but doesn't do anything with it except have it sit on the bench, so I don't know whether it should be counted or not.
>>
>play a good chunk of meta decks
>try Typhlosion deck
>cruise control mode

It's so basic and simple minded.
>>
File: somebox.jpg (866KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
somebox.jpg
866KB, 2304x1296px
Hey ptcg-g, rate my box pulls, there are some codes there too

I also had a few questions about the game.

How rare are actual "full arts"? Is something like the rainbow umbreon gx in the picture already full art or is there some super version where the weakness/resistance/retreat boxes are see through?

Where do most of you go to buy codes for ptcgo? I tried ptcgo . com, but they didnt have the code for what I was looking for, a sun trainer box Is my best bet to just look for misc stuff like that on ebay?

For trading in ptcgo, when you make an offer are there any rules to it? Earlier I was trying to port cards from an alt account to my main but when I had all of the cards for my alt ready to trade over, I just couldn't do it. Do I just need to trade at least one card back?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>31989649
I think when he asked if there were any good decks without EXs, he meant that if there were good decks without EX/GX as its core.

Rainbow Road can run without Volc EX but it kind of weakens it since you're taking away 30 damage from rainbow force in your most optimal setup
>>
>>31989736
If you're desperate for codes go for https://www.professor-oak.com

They usually cost more than other places, however you're paying extra for instant delivery in text form.

If you don't mind waiting, find some good sellers on ebay that email codes (some send text, most send photos) and use above as a reference. If they cost 25% or so less then it's fairly accurate, if they cost roughly the same as above they're too much.
>>
>>31989784
>Giving dedicated code sites that overpriced shit codes

eBay does a better job with the prices at least famalam
>>
>>31989736
That's an above average box, you got a Hyper Rare Umbreon (the rainbow foil, it's a rarity step above full art), the secret rare switch (numbered above the official numbering of the set and a Full Art Espeon

Umbreon, Espeon, Decidueye and Solgaleo are some of the best GXs in the set, so you really did very well. Its very unlikely to get a hyper rare and a secret rare in one box

Congrats
>>
>>31989810
I said that?

Ebay is a lot better and you can use professor-oak as a reference for when you're getting charged too much. But you don't get codes instantly, and you usually have to type them all out.

Some sellers also have no clue how to send you proper photos.
>>
File: gallade ex fa.jpg (245KB, 650x915px) Image search: [Google]
gallade ex fa.jpg
245KB, 650x915px
>>31989819
Oh so the espeon is actually a full art? I just got mixed up since in previous full arts like this gallade ex the weakness and resistance bars were clear. Is the only reason they are like this now because of the new gx move?
>>
>>31989883

Basically a new full art template due to the changes from EX to GX
>>
>>31989883
For me personally I've found this set the gardest to discern which card is standard and which is the full art
>>
File: SylveonGXStrengthExpansionPack40.jpg (217KB, 748x1044px) Image search: [Google]
SylveonGXStrengthExpansionPack40.jpg
217KB, 748x1044px
>Prayer GX
>Return 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon, and all cards attached to them, to your opponent's hand.

Holy shit
>>
How open are formats in pokemon tcg to making non-meta decks? If you make a fun deck based around pokemon that you really like, will you always lose on ladder to decks that are stronger? What if you wanted to play them in real life? Do you just find people and say hey, dont do any meta shit I'm playing for fun?
>>
>>31988883
What are the chances you get a card worth trading for a pack from opening a pack?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.