[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why does /vp/ hates him so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: ash-greninja battle spot.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ash-greninja battle spot.png
72KB, 300x300px
So why does /vp/ hates him so much?
>>
>>31962175
Because they want to have as much shit taste as humanly possible for some reason.
>>
>>31962175
>100% male
Wew
>>
>>31962175
>Ash-Cucks when Alain-Chad exists
>forced down everybody's shithole
>stats increased and water shuriken changed dedicated just for the jobber
>>
Because every time I see it I get that song stuck in my head.
>>
>>31962175
MARTY STU
>>
File: IKU Z!!.png (764KB, 776x447px) Image search: [Google]
IKU Z!!.png
764KB, 776x447px
>>31962237
IKU Z
>>
>>31962175
We don't hate it, we mock it.
>>
>>31962233
>Charizard
>not forced down everybody's shithole
>>
>>31962175
I hate anything that has to do with the ashnime.
>>
File: angry.jpg (22KB, 309x236px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
22KB, 309x236px
>Jobfrog gets an amazing ability and stats
>Gets a special snowflake OC donut steel form
>Shilled out the ass
>meanwhile Chestnaught is decent and Delphox is garbage

And that's why I hate him
>>
File: ash hat.png (262KB, 1046x906px) Image search: [Google]
ash hat.png
262KB, 1046x906px
>>31962285
A-, Zardfag.
A-.

Unlike Based Ash-Greninja which is A+
>>
I think it's pretty cool.

I only hate how it took away attention and potential benefits Delphox and Chesnaught could've gotten if there wasn't such a huge Greninja boner.
>>
File: image.png (485KB, 636x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
485KB, 636x580px
>>31962369
The only way Ashninja is going to be remembered will be as the frog that choked to BURASTO BAAN.
>>
>>31962175
It's so fucking forced and his concept is so uninspired by"muuuh connection gyaaa!"

The trash ideas should stay in the ashnime and never get out. Even if they use the excuse of mega evolution
>>
>>31962175
Everything about him is fucking garbage. The windmill shuriken is cool, but it's ruined by all the dogshit that comes with it, visually and thematically.
>>
>>31962175
Biggest ass-pull the anime has ever pulled (which is saying a lot), a not-mega evolution that is actually better statistically than a real mega for no real reason other than "its popular", became a glory hog not only stealing the spotlight from Ash's other mons, but Chesnaught and Delphox too since its now an in-game thing...

Its literally the textbook definition of gary-stu.
>>
>>31962666
Satan speaks the truth.
>>
>>31962696
Yeah, and worst of all there was no reason for it to exist. It came out of nowhere, had no basis in the games, was never properly explained, and didn't amount to anything. It lost the same way every time even after mastering its form, making the whole thing a waste of time.

The writer even said it was made because he had a tough time writing a way for Ash and Greninja to bond. Really, after he bonded with every one of his other mons without a special snowflake form? Hack writing at its worst.
>>
>>31962728
>lies on the internet
>>
>>31962864
What part of that wasn't true?
>>
he's literally a symbol of the rise and fall of shilling, and how you should never get too big for your britches, even if you have corporate backing.
>>
>>31962696
>>31962728
It would have been understandable if Ash had won the league: him needing a special snowflake legendary forme to win a league once and for all.

But it didn't, so what the fuck was the point? Hell, it didn't do anything unique against Team Flare besides detecting where a Chespin was.
>>
>>31962175
>>31962175
>>31962175

BURASTA...!!!
>>
>>31962865
He wanted a Mega Greninja, GF said no and made bond form instead. It wasn't because "hard to make it bond woth Ash"
>>
>>31962911
Wrong. It was something like this:
>writers want to showcase the bond between Ash and frog
>don't know how
>go to GF for ideas
>they come up with Ash-Chokeninja and the whole battle bond shit
>>
>>31962911
Never mentioned Mega Greninja in the interview.
>>
>>31962877
>detecting where a Chespin was

Which, ironically, was another asspull with zero precedent.
>>
The hair really isn't flattering to the design.

And honestly, I always thought his 3d model was a perfect example of GF just slapping together a bunch of random geometric shapes, since it was their first full 3d game.
>>
>>31962666
>forced anon
>forced post
>>
>>31962963
The shuriken looks like trash too, both shape and texture. And why does he grab it by both ends before throwing? That makes no sense physically.
>>
>>31962175
ugliest pokemon ever

also is stupidly stronk on stats just becuase that anime pandering, and it's disgusting
>>
>>31962963
Wait, that's HAIR!?
>>
/vp/ doesn't hate it.

Only Delphoxfags and some Chesnaught fans.
>>
>>31963513
so anybody that matters hates it?
>>
It was a stupid idea in the anime, and now is in the games just to pandering the XY fans.
>>
>>31962877
>so what the fuck was the point?
Popularity and money
>>
>it jobbed during a time when Ash looked like he was actually going to win a league
>slightly better than protean Greninja
>red and black edge colors
>people who thought it wasn't going to be in the game
>teams that get swept by this thing

that's a lot of people
>>
>looks like shit
>protean is better
>asspulls galore
>chokes
the best thing to come out of ash greninja is BURASTO and you all know it
>>
>>31962877
>It would have been understandable if Ash had won the league
No. That would've been even worse. It would've undermined the hard work and effort all of Ash's other Pokemon like Pikachu and Charizard put into training to be strong, to help Ash win, but in the end Ash won using some fucking ass-pull.
>>
>>31964930
>Pikachu
>Charizard
Because they won so many leagues with Ash, right?
>>
>>31964328
>>Protean is better
Still delusional, I see.

>>31964930
Pikachu jobbed to a meowth and Charizard to a Blaziken.
>>
>>31964965
>>31964989
Yes, exactly. And they've been trying for as long as Ash had, since the very fucking beginning. Now let's discard all of that, and give him an asspull that will win the league and let everything else be for nothing.
>>
>>31964989
>Protean S
>Ash-Grenigger A+
:^)
>>
>>31965010
Nah, fuck them, they had their chances and they blew them every single time. An asspull for a victory is way better than a bunch of serial chokers.
>>
>>31962175
It's because, while starters are supposed to be equal, this shit frog get the special Charizard treatment.
>>
>>31965123
It's worse than Zard. At the very least, GF doesn't just ignore the other two in favor of Zard. Frog was not only intentionally made objectively better than the other two, but also FORCED you to use it in Gen 7 demo, and later allowed it to be in the main game. It got super special treatment, getting a second HA, something no other Pokemon has, and a new special snowflake transformation that powers up his normal move.
I'd argue it's even beyond Lucario level now.
>>
/vp/ is just a bunch of hipsters that can't fathom why something popular gets to get shilled. If it wasn't Greninja it would've been something else.
>>
>>31965332
Should have been something cooler then.
>>
>>31965332
I do agree /vp/ is autistic about this whole "pandering" and "shilling" thing, but the frog is the one that deserves it.
>>
>>31965351
Well it is what it is, I just like watching people sperg out about it
>>
>>31965065
You realize the reason Protean is S now BECAUSE A-Greninja is A+, right? People expect meme frog, when they get tricky frog instead.
>>
>>31962175
Because /vp/ is full of contrarians

Hell they think Gen 5 is the best ever which should be enough to show you how shit the taste is around here

Also many of them probably thought Greninja was fake when it leaked back in 2013 and they're still assblasted about being wrong
>>
File: ayy.jpg (100KB, 1100x535px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
100KB, 1100x535px
memefrog is best frog.
>>
Contrarian hive mind
>>
>>31965807
Fucking please faggot

I did think he was fake, but because I never thought Gamefreak would design something so cool. He was instantly my favorite.
Then this rancid shitstink form almost ruined him for me, taking an organically popular mon and forcing him worse than Lucario, with the weakest, laziest plot, design and game implementation I've seen in this series. It was bad even by ashnime standards, and the game version is the worst kind of force feeding.

Luckily his base design is so good it can bear the burden of all this bulllshit, but it still diminishes an otherwise great mon.
>>
File: shit taste.png (402KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
shit taste.png
402KB, 680x383px
>>31966096
stay mad. Ash-Greninja design is great and his mechanics are good.
>game implementation
it's literally event mon tier, like the one you get for doing fucking nothing. what did you expected?

>worse than Lucario

kys with your shit taste
>>
>>31966120
You're only proving how shitbrained Ashninja fans are with your complete non-argument.

The many reasons why it's bad have been stated multiple times in this thread and you haven't addressed any of them, you just deflect and spew "contrarian." Not an argument. You lose.
>>
>>31966096
Exactly. For me personally, there seems to be this stigma that I absolutely hate Greninja as a whole. That's incorrect. I actually really like base Greninja. Then Ash-Greninja came along and fucked it right up.
>>
>>31962175
>So why does /vp/ hates him so much?
Because if any pokemon should have gotten a special temporary form due to its bond with Ash, it should have been Pikachu.
>>
>>31962175
It's a jobber
>>
>>31962175
>Yellow meshed the anime into the Game world
>So did Sun and Moon
>>
>>31966245
You and the other contrarians hate it literally ONLY because it's "ASH".
If it was (You)-Greninja, you faggots wouldn't care.
>>
They're salty
>>
>>31962175
>>31962175
I don't. Just started using it.
>>
>ITT: Kids that don't know the difference between choking and jobbing
>>
File: daviz.png (20KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
daviz.png
20KB, 112x112px
>>31965693
hes still an unbelievable shitmon that will be removed by any bulky threat that can dish out damage :^)
>>
File: laughing niggers.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
laughing niggers.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>31968835
>t. sub 1100 shitter
>>
>>31969081
1700 here. everything i see is stall :^)
>>
>>31969179
>stall
>attacking

sure you are 1700 (^:

Also, Ash-Greninja have actually better match up chances against stall than protean "i'm literally killing myself" suicide orb.

There is a lovely set of Taunt + 3 attacks with water/dark plate.
>>
File: 1486589527961.png (119KB, 375x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486589527961.png
119KB, 375x400px
>>31969227
>implying torrentninja can ever get a kill against dude regen lmoa
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.