[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize GF is the biggest thing holding Pokemon back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 14

File: ss.png (70KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
70KB, 446x357px
When did you realize GF is the biggest thing holding Pokemon back?
>>
>>31958499

Just before XY released.

I thought GF was actually learning after they hit us with such a triple threat in Gen 4+5, but then they just went back to their old ways.

Actually I take that back, I realized this when Stadium 2 came out, cause HAL put in a lot more effort, love, and care in that game than Gamefreak ever did throughout the entire mainseries. If HAL+Genius could take over the mainseries games, I'd be happy.
>>
>>31958729
X and Y has some good but are so forgettable. Doesn't help that it looks so ugly compared to Gen 4/5/7 and the towns and music are pretty meh. I could only play through it twice and then never touched it since. I only booted up recently to transfer mons to gen 7
>>
>>31958499
Would you be able to wait 5 years like Zelda for game freak to make a mainline Pokemon game? People already bitching After 5 months
>>
>>31958499
BOTW will be shitty like the equally high-scored Skyward sword, trust me.

Who the fuck listens to reviews?
>>
>>31958877
That's you opinion, I've played X 3 times, AS 2, and Sun only 1 and not planning to play it again.
>>
>reviewers actually think BotW is good

hype and "donations" are dangerous drugs
>>
>>31958920
I would if I had confidence that time would help Gamefreak make the best Pokemon game yet. I don't have confidence in that.
>>
>>31958967
You do realize they made BW2 and heart gold and soul sliver in 2 years right?
>>
>>31958729
What? Stadium 2 wasn't that great and the rental system actively fucked you
>>
>>31958499
Can this meme end already? Pokemon would be long dead if it wasn't in GF's hands. Except for when Masuda fucked up the difficulty in Generation VI, they've only made improvements with each Generation.

The real reason they're not seen as great as Zelda is because of time. GF pumps out Pokemon game literally every year. Multiple of them, if you count spinoffs. That, and Pokemon has a formula that no one wants changed.
Breath of Wild seems so great because of how long it was in production, and how different it is from the rest of the series. If a Pokemon game took 4 years to come out and it was as different as this, people would burn GF's HQ to the ground.

Pokemon is better than ever, and is continuing to get better with each Generation. I would much rather have this slow progress, but a new game every year, than wait many years for a game that will be vastly different than what I liked about the franchise and will keep me entertained for a week at most, only to have me wait for another half a decade. Compared to that, I still play Pokemon SM every day and it's been over 3 months since the game came out.
>>
>>31958990
>Stadium 2 wasn't that great

never said it was, GF apologist.
>>
>>31958962
>I know it's bad even though I haven't played it
>>
Did you fuckers pick snivy, because you are all contrarian as fuck
>>
>>31958985
Hence why the added time likely isn't going to help.
>>
>>31958499
>sjw zelda shit
>98

Paid reviews seriously need to end.
>>
File: XDDDDD.png (156KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
XDDDDD.png
156KB, 600x700px
>>31959037
It's like I'm really on /v/!
>>
>>31958962
Fuck off back to /v/, sonyfag.
>>
>>31959018
Not everyone is in a position tying them to release dates.

>>31958985
And XY and SM were both three year endeavors, the longest of the series since the original RG.

The only thing that makes good Pokemon games is when they're based off a pre-existing one.
>>
>>31959004
>The real reason they're not seen as great as Zelda is because of time. GF pumps out Pokemon game literally every year. Multiple of them, if you count spinoffs. That, and Pokemon has a formula that no one wants changed.
This is why the company would be better under other devs. Game Freak like to put quantity over quality too much.

I get it, it's safer and probably more lucrative. But it's also a good way to ensure that the series won't last as long as it could. The only reason why it's still going is because of the massive following the series has. If Sun and Moon were the first Pokemon game, it would've been a flop.
>>
>>31959086
Pokemon has been going on for 21 years now.

Pokemon sun and moon got 87 metacritic which is good and is the fastest selling Nintendo games. Pokemon is still way bigger than Zelda.

What about "quality" games metroid, star fox, donkey Kong they are exiect lol.

Pokemon is doing absolutely fine
>>
Series has been shit since Platinum. They don't even care anymore. They've pretty much stopped trying altogether since the move to 3DS.
>>
>>31959121
XY also has an 87 on metacritic.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>31959121
>Star Fox

That series has neither "quality" or "quantity", just shit.
>>
>>31959148
And? Most people thought the games were if they didn't oras and s/m would have flopped
>>
>>31959082
That is true. But you're still tied to release date. Play the game first anon
>>
File: IMG_0464.png (402KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0464.png
402KB, 750x1334px
>>31959162
>>
>>31959145
B/W2 were actually good, however
>>
>>31958729
please get cancer and die
>>
>>31959178
If people thought x and y were shit then ORAS would have flopped instead it became the highest selling remakes.
>>
>>31959145

Shut up, Sinnohfetus.
>>
>>31959073
>anyone who doesn't like one thing from group must be a diehard fan of other group

I want console wars to fucking die
>>
>>31958499
Over half a decade ago. It's pretty noticeable.

The games are still good but there's just so much shit in them that could and would have been improved if they cared.
>>
>>31958945
>>31958962
>>31959037
Are /v/tards just straight up incapable of enjoying anything that Sony doesn't shit out? Honest question.
>>
>>31958499
XY. GF cannot write anything more than a decent story at best, and at worst make something so bad, that well, even I could do better.
Combine that with the fact that they've been progressively forgetting or ignoring good ideas or wasting them and you have a company that if not for nostalgia would have gone bankrupt a while ago.
>>
>>31959262
The constant shitflinging makes me embarrased to own a console from both companies, I just have a ps4 for what my laptop can't run, and also for P5
>>
>>31958499
Both GF and people who buy the bad games are guilty. The latter can't complain about the quality at all, since they're supporting this because they'll buy it anyways.

If you really think the games are bad right now, what you should do is not buy it until they fix it. Otherwise you feedback is that everything is fine.
>>
File: Gen 5 vs Gen 6.png (502KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5 vs Gen 6.png
502KB, 600x600px
>>31958499
Since XY. So many easy to fix problems, but they didn't care.
SM is close to being good, but GF wasted so much of its potential that it fucking hurts
>>
>>31959305
This. But also be constructive and direct about why you don't buy it. Just not buying it doesn't solve the problem as GF will make up there own reason why people aren't buying it if you don't tell them.
>>
>>31958920
This. Remakes are Cancer
>>
>>31959178
I did. It's thoroughly mediocre. But my employer's contract with me requires me to give it at least an 8.9.
>>
>>31959246
It's usually sonyfags that say stupid ignorant shit like that, though.
>>
>>31959324
GF goes out of their way to ignore fan feedback, so that wouldn't help either. They've literally said in an interview that they try to ignore outsider's opinions to keep their own ideas "fresh and new and unique" or whatever.
>>
>>31959320
>comparing a route with an optional late/postgame area to a passage that is a route in name only
I agree with this but don't you think this image is a TINY bit nitpicky?
>>
>>31959348
post proof you pussy
>>
>>31959121
Look at what literally all annual games have become. Pokemon wasn't always like this, but pumping out a new game every year is going to kill the franchise.
>>
>>31959320
oh man this is cherrypicking - the image
i wouldnt even call the xy "route" you picked as such since you cant catch any mons on it
if you insist on calling it a route then i guess we can also cut out 70% of the gen 5 route since you need surf to access it, which you dont get until near the end of the game
>>
XY ORAS and SuMo were rushed. Believe me.
>>
>>31959357
That is literally the first route though, even if that is somewhat late game. It at least makes you want to come back and explore.
X and Y have no excuse to not do the same
>>
>>31959379
Source: My Ass
>>
File: Kalos_Route_2_XY.png (515KB, 446x581px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos_Route_2_XY.png
515KB, 446x581px
>>31959320
>>31959357
Not even comparing a route, really. You should be comparing it to Kalos Route 2. At that point they look almost identical in terms of the pieces you can explore when you start out.

The real problem here is that Kalos Route 1 should have never existed. Vaniville Town and Aquacorde Town had no reason not to be the exact same place.
>>
>>31959366
What are you talking about. Let's say the "golden era" of Pokemon before 3D.

From 1996 to 2012 only 97, 2001 2005, 2007,2011 didn't have a game. So 11 out 16 years we had new main game Pokemon. Annual releases isn't hurting anything
>>
>>31959004
>they've only made improvements
does removing features like national dex count as a improvement?
>>
>>31959348
what would you rate on the same scale, if your contract didn't force it?
>>
>>31959185
Only 16 critics the score are high because only the fans critic them.
>>
>>31959305
>buy GF's low quality games
>"they'll settle for mediocrity, let's keep half-assing it"
>don't buy games
>"Pokemon isn't selling anymore, let's stop making new games"
>>
>>31959403
Kalos Route 2 is actually worse than Route 1 because of the forced Pidgey encounter and the 100% catchrate. And it's still is just a straight line, despite the fact that the river could have been explorable
>>
>>31959423
Sure, anon. They will end the one of the biggest series in the world just like that instead of fixing
>>
>>31959004

t. Game Freak apologist
>>
>>31959379
XY I can believe because of the whole X's story makes zero sense.
ORAS wasn't it said this had a year in development time or something.
SM maybe, but we won't know until a few years have past like XY to really tear the thing down and understand it's best and worst qualities.
>>
I find it hilarious that some people here genuinely think Pokémon has only made improvements and that the games have a lot of effort put into them.

The games are much more rushed now then they ever were and it really shows. The only thing that saves the games right now is the marketing that they receive which GF really seems to nail.

We get pointless mechanics that seem to be added in order to hype the newest games, only to be forgotten in the next one, when people realize it's not that good after experiencing it by themselves, like Mega Evolutions.

They usually don't listen to the fans, because they want to make the games "unique", but they forget that unique=/=good. The rare ocasions when they decide to follow fan ideas, they fail in their execution, like what they did with most of the Alola Forms.

The amount of new Pokémon gets reduced by each game and the post game is really, really bad and inexcusable in such a big franchise and instead of admiting they are wrong in not adding more content, they just keep creating excuses.

Sun and Moon were at least better than ORAS and XY (IMO, of course), but they still lacked in a lot of departments that the DS games didn't.

Overall, I'm not really liking the way the franchise is heading and right now they seem to care more about quantity over quality and hyping the game by cherrypicking it, instead of respecting the fans.
>>
>>31959697
>They usually don't listen to the fans, because they want to make the games "unique", but they forget that unique=/=good. The rare ocasions when they decide to follow fan ideas, they fail in their execution, like what they did with most of the Alola Forms.
They don't listen to the fans because the fans are retarded, this entire board and social media is proof of that
>>
>>31959697
Yeah red and blue and diamond and pearl had massive post game
>>
>>31959713
I can't deny that. :P However, some of the ideas of the fans are still much better than what they usually go for.
>>31959729
>Red and Blue
I clearly said DS games. And DP had still better content than the 3DS games and even if they didn't, they're just a small part of all of the DS games.
>>
>>31958499
Shortly after Colloseum XD credits.
>>
>>31958920
Yes I would. If the game uses a modern engine and expands on every aspect of what makes a Pokemon game I don't see why not. It's not like I can't play other games while I wait.
>>
>>31958499
around 3rd gen
>>
>>31959776
Ride pokemon no hm, pokepelgo, room Dex, battle Royale etc. Just because you don't like the features doesn't mean they add features.

D/p good games and sun and moon bad games lol. I think you short memory of what people intials were of d/p just nosaliga talking
>>
>>31959865
I never said Sun and Moon were bad games, though. And all of the things you listed were not postgame content.
>>
>>31959887
Tell me d/p post game content?
>>
>>31959923
>Getting the national dex
>Doing Rotom's sidequest
>Doing Cresselia's sidequest and catching her later
>Doing Regigas' puzzle
>Doing Giratina's puzzle
>Doing Heatran's puzzle
>Catching Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit.
>Doing Shaymin's and Darkrai's sidequest (needs Wi-Fi connection)
>Exploring Route 224 and the Battle Zone
>Playing with the Pall Park
>Playing with Battle Tower
>Getting Poké Radar.

Now let's see what we can do in Sun and Moon:
>Explore the rest of the fourth island
>Playing with Battle Tree
>Doing Looker's subquest that basically involves getting all UBs.
>Catching the Tapus and Necrozma.
>Doing Eevee's sidequest.
>>
Open world, non linear pokemon game WHEN

Not even kidding, that would be interesting
>>
>>31960197
Wtf. Love how you said the pokemon puzzles in d/p and completely minimize the ultra quest. Which is bigger. Battle tree,

Catching the tapus and Necrozma.
>>
>>31960197
>Doing Rotom's sidequest
>Doing Cresselia's sidequest and catching her later
>Doing Regigas' puzzle
>Doing Giratina's puzzle
>Doing Heatran's puzzle
>Catching Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit.
>Doing Shaymin's and Darkrai's sidequest (needs Wi-Fi connection)
Literally just catching Legendaries. Might as well include every other intractable Pokemon. Or is this all of them? But either way, I guess ORAS probably had the best postgame by this logic. You did a lot "sidequests" to catch Legendaries found in those portals.

I mean, you are trying to argue that DP had postgame, but this is just fucking sad.
>>
>>31960312
One thing is to catch Pokémon, another is to complete puzzles in order to get them. That's why Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie are on the same category, because they don't need any sort of puzzle solving or story segments in order to get them and it's the same reason the Tapus are together.
So by this logic, ORAS would still have a bad postgame since it's
>Catching all of the previous gen's legendaries
since it doesn't involve any puzzle solving like Giratina and Heatran need.
>>
File: 47b.png (140KB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
47b.png
140KB, 200x400px
>>31959037
>Sjw zelda shit

Sjw are the scum of the planet and should be annihilated.
>>
>shitty puzzles and roaming pokemon
>postgame content
I hope to god this is bait
>>
>>31958920
>People already bitching After 5 months
Only the impatient autists. Everyone else is happy to wait.
>>
File: 018[1].gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
018[1].gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>31959004
>Pokemon is better than ever
>>
>>31960391
>I don't have an actual argument so I'm going to shitpost
>>
>>31959086
>Game Freak like to put quantity over quality too much.
They're doing neither. We haven't had those two things since gen 5.
>>
>>31960374
Suddenly subjetive negative opinions about something means it doesn't exist.
>>
>>31960359
What puzzles are you even talking about? If I recall correctly, you literally just go through a cave, which tells you where to go, and encounter Giratina. It's no different than finding a portal and going through that. There is no puzzle involved here. In fact, it would take you longer to get to and catch some of the Legendaries in ORAS than it would with Regigigas and Giratina.
>>
>>31959806
Well holy shit someone who actually gets it. Although I'll admit hg/ss, plat, and bw2 were pretty good with the quality after these games dropping much further
>>
>>31960400
>he really likes roaming pokemon with shitty natures
actually fucking kill yourself
>>
>>31959121
>Pokemon is doing absolutely fine
In the same way CoD is doing fine in that the series is still extremely popular but is stagnant in terms of game play and only perpetuated by marketing.
>>
>>31960402
Add to this the Cresselia "sidequest", which is just talking to an NPC, who will literally take you to Cresselia.
>>
>>31958877
>ugly compared to Gen 4
Is this a joke?
>>
If they made a skyrim open world game but with all the pokemon it would be a console seller.
>>
File: believe.gif (1MB, 480x265px) Image search: [Google]
believe.gif
1MB, 480x265px
>>31959379
>Believe me
I'm so glad Trump is a GF developer.
>>
sinnoh fetuses are weird. Sun and moon has no posy game but D/P has Lmaoooo
>>
>>31960437
Gen IV is mediocre aesthetically because it fell for the 2.5D overworld meme. But gen V is much worse since it went even further in that direction. Not to mention the absolutely horrible in-battle animations.
GF should have stayed with the clean 2D from gen I-III.
>>
>>31960397

Don't need to when the issues are so obvious. I sure love my weak replayability, overbearing story and hand holding, and excessive Gen. 1 pandering, among other things.

Better than ever my ass.
>>
>>31960484
Their likely referring to the actually playable gen 4 game Platinum
>>
>>31959439
>XY I can believe because of the whole X's story makes zero sense.
It makes a whole lot more sense than literally everything before it, with MAYBE the exception of BW2, which wasn't too bad, and Kanto/Johto games, which barely even have a fucking story.
>>
>>31960506
No. It most definitely did not. X's end game story was literally about the pokemon of life who is only capable of making life being used by the villain to destroy all life on the planet while you try to stop it. It makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>31960471
No it wouldn't. Not in the slightest.
>>
>>31959416
You're the cancer ruining Pokemon.
>>
>>31960284
>completely minimize the ultra quest

>meet here
>go there and catch the ub
>come back
>fight this person
>oh no another ub

wow wee you can tell a lot of thought was pput into this
>>
>>31960543
Pokemon is still popular as ever. Pokemon go still killing it. Pokemon sun and moon awesome games.

The slient minority are loudest but won't effect the outcome. If you don't like what pokemon is becoming or its being "ruined" maybe some it's time you quit the franchise
>>
>>31960496
Thing is both gen 4 and 5 managed to utilise 3D visuals is far more unique and aesthetically pleasing ways.

Gen 6 and 7 however managed to put way too much emphasis on the characters than the surrounding environments when the characters themselves lacked facial animations in their entirety. Not to mention you could count the pixels on screen for just about anything giving it an extremely jagged look.
Anyway back to the overworld to get what I mean compare the scene of Kyurem freezing Opelucid or the distortion world to the weapon being fired or well, nothing really happens in SM that creates a change or takes you to a new environment.
>>
>>31960535
The Pokemon was activating the Weapon. The Weapon was what killed people. It's not bad writing. It's your shit reading skills that you can't understand what's actually going on. Xerneas wasn't Lysandre's bitch. It won't kill or make life on his orders.
>>
>>31960437
Yes, it is. Ignore him. 3D was the best thing to happen to Pokemon and helped with immersion much more than Gen 4 shit.
>>
>>31960535
You people really are retarded.
The weapon runs on life force converting it into a destructive force.
Xerneas is the pokemon of life, in other words a near never ending battery for the weapon.

Yveltal still works too because it's still a living creature.
>>
>>31960606
Eh the short scene with the Bug UB coming out of the portal was pretty nice if you ask me
>>
>>31960652
oh wait i didn't understand what you meant

disregard that i suck cocks
>>
File: 1402015011910.png (44KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1402015011910.png
44KB, 349x349px
>>31958499
At least they've gotten better since the stagnant days of the DS. Unlike gen 4 and 5, they've been willing to experiment lately. That's a real big step.
>>
>>31960674
>they've been willing to experiment lately
Megas and Z moves aren't experimenting anon.
>>
>>31960714
Yes they are you sperg
>>
>>31960535
How does that not make more sense than an evil Giovanni wannabe adopting an autistic kid and raising him to believe he's the chosen one, while making his evil team pretend to want to release Pokemon to fool the kid, have the kid go catch a Pokemon whose power is "truth" or "ideals", only to turn around, create a gigantic castle that rises out of the ground around the already-large Pokemon League building, declare you were evil all along, and challenge the player character, thus revealing to the autistic kid you were full of shit before ever trying to use the "truth" or "ideals" Pokemon to do fucking anything?
>>
>>31960714
They literally are, though. And they're far more ambitious than any mechanic introduced by gen 4 or 5. They're the biggest change since Abilities and Double Battles.
>>
>>31960720
No they aren't. They're flashy gimmicks based on what's always been there megas being form changes and Z moves being moves.
>>
>>31959430
>and the 100% catchrate
what
>>
File: zelda.png (75KB, 638x216px) Image search: [Google]
zelda.png
75KB, 638x216px
>>31958499

Sorry OP, you're looking at an edit.
>>
>>31960714
I bet you think actually removing Gyms and HMs isn't experimenting or going forward either.
>>
>>31960742
Z moves are gems dude.
>>
File: teehee.gif (4MB, 428x312px) Image search: [Google]
teehee.gif
4MB, 428x312px
>>31960768
>>
>>31960741
Megas are just glorified forme changes, they're literally coded as such.
Z-moves are just gems 2.0. There is a reason gems are almost erased at this point. Gems were also never hyped during their introduction. I'm only giving props to the Z status moves since they sometimes completely alter the move, even if it usually is just "remove all stat changes".

Saying as that any of them comes even close to being as big mechanical changers as the physical/special split of gen IV is ridiculous.
>>
>>31960770
Considering the gym system is still there under a different name? No.
As for no HMs, that's exactly what the pager is.
>>
>>31958729
>"""""""""""Genius""""""""""" Sonority in charge of Pokémon
No thanks, they already ruined Shuffle and I hope they never touch a main game
>>
>>31960792
>Megas are just glorified forme changes, they're literally coded as such.
And mechanically different, as they're manually controlled, have their own speed tier, and are allowed only 1 per battle. Different than form changes.

>Z-moves are just gems 2.0. There is a reason gems are almost erased at this point. Gems were also never hyped during their introduction. I'm only giving props to the Z status moves since they sometimes completely alter the move, even if it usually is just "remove all stat changes".
As you concede, Z-moves interact with status moves, while Gems were just a boring one-shot rehash of boosting items like Miracle Seed.
>Saying as that any of them comes even close to being as big mechanical changers as the physical/special split of gen IV is ridiculous.
The phys/spec split wasn't ambitious, though. It was an inevitability that simply wound up happening (badly) in gen 4. Thanks to gen 4 botching it, many Pokemon were ruined. I don't know why sinnohkids always try to praise the split as some huge revolutionary thing when it for the most part just made old Pokemon worse.
>>
>>31960832
>as they're manually controlled, have their own speed tier, and are allowed only 1 per battle. Different than form changes.
You do realise the only difference is that only one mega is used per battle right? The rest have been a part of one or another form at some point.
>>
>>31960832
>Thanks to gen 4 botching it, many Pokemon were ruined.
Many would imply a large chunk were ruined. You can't name one.
>>
File: 1381541936813.jpg (11KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
1381541936813.jpg
11KB, 273x185px
>>31958499
Gen VI and Gen VII are two halves of a whole game and I only just realized it after I beat Sun/Moon. Like when you really stop and analyze everything about the PokeWorld, it literally falls apart like its in a fucking hurricane. The ecology is ultra-fucked, the messages it promotes are completely ignored for the favor of the new gimmick, and the characters are ironically the most interesting thing about the world because they're the only thing in the game that can't have multiple fucking copies sitting in your PC box.

It's outrageous that a company is this far up their own ass. Even just looking at the populations of the cities you REALLY have to wonder how big everything is. Is there really only about 900+ humans in the damn Pokemon world ingame or what? No one seems to fucking know at GameFreak. Now I'm just going to have to wait for Necrozma's stupid 'antieverything' form to come out before we see any real semblance of fucks given about actual lore or worldbuilding. It feels like it's too much of a manufactured world, and I think that's pretty bad.
>>
>>31960832
>I don't know why sinnohkids always try to praise the split as some huge revolutionary thing when it for the most part just made old Pokemon worse.
It meant that that pokémon could actually succeed even if their preferred offensive stat didn't align with the previous affinity of their type.
In terms of making different pokémon within the same typing important this was extremely important.
Sure some pokémon got nerfed and some got boosted, but in general it made for better variety, which is the important part.
Compare this to Mega Evolutions which just are one-man-armies playing within the established rules, and Z-moves which has hardly affected the game at all and are in 2/3 of the scenarios just gems.
>>
>>31959004
>Pokemon would be long dead if it wasn't in GF's hands

good. Pokemon was a mistake, and so was Nintendo saving Gamefreak.
>>
>>31963604
>pokemon ruined my life
>>
>>31958729
>but then they just went back to their old ways
You mean when GameFreak actually put effort into their games?

>>31960920
>Gen VI and Gen VII are two halves of a whole game
They're not two halves of one game. GameFreak is so lazy and incompetent
that Gen VI and VII aren't even 25% of a whole game.
>>
>>31963635
>having severe adhd
>>
>>31960794
You do realise that by "no HMs" everybody means "no need to reduce party to 5 or less to carry designated slave(s)" and not "hooray, the terrain is finally a straight, flat path with no obstacles"?
>>
>>31960894
Sceptile.

I could look for more but I'm a lazy fuck.
>>
>>31959262
You realize the majority of /v/ prefers Nintendo and hates Sony, right? Or have you never seen any of the dozens of polls?
>>
>>31964578

/v/ is just a shitposting board now and shit on any of the companies honestly, but back in 2015 before the E3 yeah /v/ was Nintengaf and were riding their dick pretty hard.
>>
>>31964578
That hasn't been true for several years now. Why do you think the term Neo-/v/ was coined?
It's literally because the board adopted the pro Sony anti everything else like neogaf.
On top of that moot originally set the limit on /vr/ to not include Sony consoles because he knew the fantasy is the source of the problems.
>>
I didn't want to admit it but they've completely lost it this gen. The quality drop from the 3DS games versus the rest of the series is sad desu.
>>
>>31958499
Are you implying Nintendo would do it any better? Lmaoing at ur life desu
>>
>>31958499
when Smash4 and XY came out roughly the same time for the 3ds.

Just try to imagine how polished pokemon would be if the Smash bros programmers spent the same resources on it.
>>
>>31958499
ORAS
Literally Bethesda tier lazy
>>
>>31963635
>You mean when GameFreak actually put effort into their games?

Haven't seen effort from Gamefreak since 2012.
>>
>>31965391
You do realize 3d takes a lot more effort than sprites right?
>>
>>31958499
I realised it long ago
>>
>>31958499
After the ORAS interview with Masuda

You know, that one
>>
>>31965405
Eh
>>
>>31965480
It's like they're saying that if they notice that even a small fraction of people do something, it's an opportunity to not keep it in the next game, i.e. less effort required.
>>
File: 1481964210803.png (85KB, 312x332px) Image search: [Google]
1481964210803.png
85KB, 312x332px
>>31958499
Had a hunch after playing through XY and going through the honeymoon phase, naively thinking that GF would definitely improve come the next games. It wasn't until ORAS that I completely realized it and had almost given up hope on them making quality games again, especially after that interview Masuda did.

It's obvious that they don't care about making solid games with worthwhile content anymore. I mean you could already call the series a cashgrab before XY, but it wasn't until after that released that this series became the shining, quintessential example of one. The game design overall has become increasingly lazy, part of the reason why GF are making the games even easier are because they're too lazy to actually balance the game, they refuse to hire competent people in the industry, and now they're starting to bring more "story" into the games to give players the illusion that they games actually have something to them when they don't.

They've fallen into the loop of releasing lower quality, unpolished games with low amount of content every year or two, and players will continue to eat it up simply because it's Pokemon.
>>
>>31958499
It's more or less Masuda

All the best games in the series haven't been directed by him. I don't know how to feel about Ohmori because Masuda apparently still had big say in everything like Rotom-Dex
>>
>>31965898
Masuda needs to fuck off.
>>
>>31965913
He's the one who started removing content even back in gen 3
>>
>>31965874
This is kinda how I feel and the reason I haven't bought S/M.
>>
>>31965913
they should get rid of Masuda and hire some competent programers.
its incredible to me a that system seller could be so poorly optimized for the system it's selling
>>
>>31960728
His evil team wasnt pretending. Did you play BW2? People actually believed in The dream
>>
>>31960728
And ghestchis only reveals he is evil when his plan has already failed.
He did use The legendary pokemon. Without it no one would hace believed N. You hace shkt comprehensive skills
>>
I was willing to give them slack during XY, it was their first venture on 3D so it "made sense" that all the development time went to making those ridiculously future proof models. Plus, their inexperience with 3D overall.

ORAS was more of the same. A little better mechanically but that's about it.

SM was when they were supposed to have gotten their shit straight, but they didn't, and in fact, it is arguably worse than Gen 6 games in many aspects, not just mechanically, but as a game overall like the goddamned FPS drops whenever there's more than 2 models on the screen at the same time.

When I went from Gen 4 to Gen 5 on the same console it felt like a brand new thing and an advancement.

When I went from Gen 6 to Gen 7 on the same console it felt exactly the damn same or perhaps worse. I felt regression.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me thrice, fuck you and fuck me I deserve to fucking kill myself.

>>31965953
It really amazes me how in 20 fucking years Gamefreak has not learned how to code and has not hired goo programmers. How can a company be so woefully incompetent is beyond me.
>>
>>31960758
Starting in Gen 6, every first route with grass has the catch rate of all pokemon on it set to 100%
>>
>>31958729
You can't expect much changes on the mainline games because it's a rigid concept by design. And they sold exactly that to people: go to an adventure, catch Pokemon, be the best. You can't expect radical changes because Pokemon fanbase is huge and very loyal. Excluding them would be a commercial suicide. You don't want to turn Pokemon fanbase into Sonic The Hedgehog's. The level of autism of both fanbase is huge, go figure.

I think Sun & Moon were nice advancements inside that same formula. Felt smooth and some fresh concepts took old players by surprise, without alienating them. Personally I don't like how legendaries are pivotal to the games flow, spoils the adventure part for me, but that's just an opinion.

If you don't like it, you have lots of spinoffs you can enjoy, like Pokken, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon xD and Pokemon Stadium.

>>31958962
>>31959262
>>31964578
>>31964622
>>31964814
>Believing /v/eddit
>Believing journalists
>Believing anything but yourself
>>
Game Freak made me hack my 3DS. It's going to be so satisfying pirating the next Pokemon game. I wish I did this sooner tbqh, but decided to give them a benefit of a doubt and thought Gen. 6 was a fluke, but I was wrong.
>>
>>31966085
It'll probably be on the NX, my dude. Given there's no eShop on it yet they're probably rebuilding its architecture to prevent something like Freeshop kicking their dicks in again.
>>
>>31966152

I think there will be at least one more Pokemon game on 3DS. I can't see them putting a new game on a different console in the middle of a generation.
>>
>>31966085
Yeah 14.5 million sales in 45 days and fastest selling Nintendo game ever. I doubt they give a fuck dude lol
>>
>>31958499
When during Hordes Battles they didn't let the player choose which pokemon he wants to capture, despite the fact that Colosseum already did it 10 years before
>>
>>31966251
It's a Pokemon Go effect
It will eventually wear off
>>
>>31966271
Well it hasn't and pokemon go after the johto update is back in top 5 in eshop
>>
>>31966251

I'm aware that the games will sell well no matter what. At least I won't be wasting my money anymore.
>>
>>31965986
>>31965953
>>31965898
>>31965913
The problem is that GF invests all their effort into marketing; features and content are more like an afterthought.

This makes sense from a business standpoint, but the actual games suffer as a result.
>>
>>31960714
Brain dead
>>
>>31965986
Have you gone back and played XY? It feels like absolute dogshit after playing SM. The game definitely feels better overall other than the FPS drops which is probably more a problem with the 3DS than the games.
>>
I'd honestly be OK with a Pokemon every 3 years if instead it was like really good. If they want to release one every year, then they need to hire more people and not be Jews.
>>
>>31958920
Yes. No more rushed games or wasted potentials.
>>
>>31958499
XY was the last piece of evidence to convince me of that. Prior to that was about gen 4 when I noticed how the spinoffs were more fun than the main games.
>>
>>31959004
>The real reason they're not seen as great as Zelda is because of time. GF pumps out Pokemon game literally every year.
Except that we got like 7 Zelda games since 2010, each one with a different quality value
>>
>>31959369
Why?
Unova first route was linear yet it had grass patches for finding pokemon, unlike the bland corridor that its Kalos first route
Not to mention the postgame area gaves value to the former
tl;dr Why the fuck did GF make a first route with no pokemon?
>>
>>31959713
Neither the developers, who wants to add more dialogue that makes the game looks like a kiddy visual novel
>>
>>31967195
>The game definitely feels better overall other than the FPS drops which is probably more a problem with the 3DS than the games.
You'd have a point if there weren't games that have 100 times more shit going on at the same time on the screen than the most busy moment in SM does and they still manage to run perfectly without a single frame drop.

The 3DS may be a piece of shit but you can work around that. Gamefreak are simply incompetent devs.
>>
>When did you realize GF is the biggest thing holding Pokemon back?
BLACK
SCREENS
FOR
EVERY
FUCKING
AREA

I'm still baffled at how there's one for fucking crossing a fence.
>>
>>31966167
There will be another pokemon game, the last for the 3DS.
The gen 5 cycle is likely to be repeated in Gen 7
>>
>>31958920
>People already bitching After 5 months
Because they're not satisfied.
>>
File: 1474926548690.jpg (453KB, 652x918px) Image search: [Google]
1474926548690.jpg
453KB, 652x918px
I just hope they don't ruin the Sinnoh remake.
>>
>>31960832
>yfw gems were nerfed
>>
>>31960920
>t feels like it's too much of a manufactured world, and I think that's pretty bad.
This has been my issue with Pokémon games.
I ask myself if I expect too much, when we now have 700+ Pokémon with a variety of types, movesets and stats.

Why is every town in Alola a fucking rectangle with 2 rows of buildings?!!
Why do the gen 6 and 7 starters look like
>Grass/Fire/Water
>Masculine/Feminine/Ambiguous humanoid
>Pick 2
Why is everything so fucking soft and glittery now, when RBY were all about the battles in a futuristic Japan-inspired fucking cool region?
Gen 1 was about advancement of society vs compassion and equality
Why do Z-Moves require a fucking gym-class-tier dance "routine". I don't mind choreography for lore reasons but the Ghost one for example is so cliché and embarrassing.

>Oh but kids are stupid now!
Bullshit. They're not pandering to children of the smart phone era at all: they're pandering to GIRLS.

Girls ruined Pokémon.
>>
>>31967801
Only autists with no attention span are bitching about muh no postgamep
>>
>>31968054
>Why is everything so fucking soft and glittery now, when RBY were all about the battles in a futuristic Japan-inspired fucking cool region?
Cool? Kanto?
what?
Also futuristic? Are not Unova futuristic too? Even Alola with the Aether and all this shit is the perfect fusion between tradition and future.
Are you ok anon.
>>
>>31967850
Same Pokédex as DP
Not linking Ultra Space and Distortion World in any way whatsoever
No Sinnoh forms
No customisation but Lucas and Dawn now look 5 years younger
Back to grid-based movement including square puddles
No Drifblim PokéRide to replace Defog
HMs are back full stop
The BF is """being built"""
>Because it's a remake duh!!

Also
Contests are now Do a Z-Move to Win
Exp Yield is back to being the same as gen 6 meaning the best part of DPP is destroyed
Megas for Tapus only
Underground is now a menu but without PokéPelago features
Pokétch is still GB-tier graphics and apps function the exact same for "For nostalgia"
>>
>>31968107
Sorry, I meant to say Kanto's inspiration was futuristic. However when it was created, the graphics didn't allow for that to shine through.
I used to dream of there being huge Tokyo-tier cities with conveyor belts you could stand on with big neon signs and NPCs ready to give you sidequests and battles everywhere but look at SM 20 years later. It's bollocks.
>>
>>31968106
So what are the ones with an attention span doing?
I'll let you know I don't do competitive.
>>
>>31968164
Then why are you even playing after the story if you don't touch online
>>
>>31966152
>Given there's no eShop on it yet they're probably rebuilding its architecture to prevent something like Freeshop kicking their dicks in again.
As someone pretty deep in the community, I can confirm Nintendo's not rearchitecturing their CDN, considering we can already find the system titles online. I'm not sure if anything changed to the encryption to prevent something like freeShop, but I doubt it.
>>
>>31958499
I don't really care, I still enjoy the games a great deal.
>>
Are the pokémon fanbase jealous because a game who have at least 5 years of development with shitty graphics, a ripoff of Shadow of the Colossus with 0 story, the only reason for playing it is the same reason for play Gta, do things like a free human in a more or less big sandbox because the player haven't real life and playing with a transgender character receiving good critics because his name is Zelda??
If only was the better game of all time, but c'mon guys, Zelda and pokémon haven't a point of comparison, is, stupid make one.
>>
>>31959037
Zelda isn't sjw and even if it was I assure you it didn't start with BOTW.
>>
>>31960544
I couldn't agree more. The entire UB quest could've been done on one island.
>>
>>31966319
>The problem is that GF invests all their effort into marketing;

wrong, because that's litreally one of the reasons why TPCi was created. Gamefreak are just developers, incompetent ones to be exact, which is why the recent games are as such/
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.