[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever an asspull in a pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

Was there ever an asspull in a pokemon game?
>>
Many would say megas and Z moves are
>>
>>31958313
Megas for sure. Z-moves are cool afterall but megas are cancer!
>>
Is that, dare I say, an allusion to the famous manga and anime Joshua Joshua's Unusual Journey?
>>
>>31958313
>GER
>asspull
it makes perfect sense, it's the opposite of KC
>>
>>31958689
Technically its power is what you desire the most so it can be the opposite of every stand ever
>>
>>31958313
Z-moves.
>Gen 5 gems over hyped
>Can only use one
>Doesn't help shitmon but powerful enough ones
>Only two turn moves and parting shot are worth it
>>
>>31958689

It makes sense.

It's still a completely shit way to end part 5.

How to defeat a guy whose power is practically impossible to defeat? Lol, I'll just get this perfectly OP power that completely nullifies him, I won't use any of the strategies that we've used in several battles before and define the franchise.
>>
>>31958313
GER wasn't an asspull, the final fight was the fight for the arrow, and it was firmly established that whoever got the arrow would basically win that fight.
>>
>>31958856
>how to defeat a guy who can blow shit up and rewind time?
>lol just have an ambulance crush his head
fucking Hackaki
>>
>>31958882

>Completely ignoring the beatdown he got before
>Completely ignoring how Josuke figured out his strategy
>Completely ignoring how Jotaro stopped him from using his ability.
>>
>>31958882
>>31958912
>completely ignoring how Kira was going to rewind time to try and kill Josuke in the past, but Josuke ends up going with him, saving himself and his mom years ago, then being backstory delinquent that pushes their car out of the snow
>>
>>31958948

But Araki forgot.
>>
>>31958313
Pokemon games don't have plots complex enough to be saved by asspulls.
>>
>>31958948
>yfw the ambulance driver is future Josuke
>>
>>31958912
>the stand can stop time
>lol mine can do this too since we're related
>even though the sibling stands were never brought up again
>oh yeah I can also fly now
>oh and I can bring my dead grandfather back to life with vampire blood
>even though a fight before we established that vampire blood turns you into a vampire
>good thing I got those magazines in my shirt just in case he thows knifes at me
>god damn it, it sure sucks that all of my friends died at the end of the story when the plot didn't need them anymore
>good thing that suddenly my punch into your leg can explode your entire body
Seriously, fuck part 3
>>
>>31958823
>I don't play OU: the post
>>
>>31958313
BW's plot.
>>
>>31958997
>even though the sibling stands were never brought up again
yfw Dio has the powers of every living Joestar's Stand
>jotaro timestop
>healed pucci's foot and Vanilla Ice with Crazy D
>has his own Hermit Purple

>god damn it, it sure sucks that all of my friends died at the end of the story when the plot didn't need them anymore
Every Jojo besides 4 has a last minute croak from the hero side. Part 3 blows and is by far the worst Part, but other Parts are guilty of this and I don't think it's a really bad thing. Also there have been way bigger asspulls than the magazines, almost everything in Part 2 comes to mind.
>>
>>31959041
Araki confirmed that Hermit Purple is the Stand of Hamon users in the interview so it's actually Jonathans Stand. This is a wild speculation since we only saw DIO using 2 stands and healing Vanilla with his blood.
Also the deaths were so meaningless it hurt. The fact that they killed off Avdol before and decided to bring him back just for fights doesn't help either. He was clearly meant to be killed off early on and that's why he has no character
That being said I enjoyed part 3. At least more than part 1
>>
>>31959166
>Keep Avdol dead
>Iggy dies taking Pet Shop with him
>Vanilla Ice never happened and the vampire blood plot point isn't established so Joseph's revival makes a little more sense
How'd I do?
>>
>>31959235
>Keep Avdol dead
How about we keep YOU dead
>>
>>31959243
Nigga I love Avdol but anon's got a point about no one dying right till the end.
>>
>>31959166
Wasn't Hol Horse supposed to join or something
>>
>>31959235
>Keep Avdol dead
good
>Iggy dies taking Pet Shop with him
Iggy leads them to the mansion and his relationship with Polnareff was really nice
>Vanilla Ice never happened and the vampire blood plot point isn't established so Joseph's revival makes a little more sense
Vanilla Ice battle was fucking amazing tho. Just make DIO bite him instead of giving him blood
>>
>>31958997
Araki just can't write endings.
>>
>>31959458
I assume you haven't read Stone Ocean?
>>
>>31959041
>Part 3 blows and is by far the worst Part
don't talk to me or my stand ever again
>>
File: jojo_reference.jpg (76KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
jojo_reference.jpg
76KB, 680x680px
>>31958313
>>
>>31958313
>DUDE TOXINS LMAO
>>
>>31959166
The thing about Dio having all the Stands was more of a joke, but I agree with Avdol's "first" death being really fucking stupid. I think the other deaths at the end of the Part were meaningful though.

>>31959296
No, Araki has denied this in interviews. The theory was caused by Hol Horse being drawn with the rest of the Crusaders in some art pieces.
>>
>>31959475
What's your stand Anon? [Wake Me Up Inside]?
>>
>>31958313
>No Silver Chariot Requiem version
Shit taste
>>
>>31958997
Part 3 is pretty much the Gen 1 of Jojo. The start of many great ideas, but with poor execution.
>>
>>31959513
Underrated post.
>>
>>31959498
Yeah I agree though if I had to choose I'd kill him off early and replace him since he has nothing interesting going for him. The fact that they bought him back really pissed me off because I've always heard that death in Jojo is quick and pernament and suddenly it felt like the series has no balls. Not to mention the fact that Araki gave him a revamped character ONLY FOR ONE FIGHT and then he went back to being a boring stoic person.
>>
>>31959557
>Part 3 is pretty much the Gen 2 of Jojo. The start of many great ideas, but with poor execution.

fix'd
>>
File: IMG_3214.png (30KB, 162x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3214.png
30KB, 162x475px
What's his endgame?
>>
>>31959625
Deaths in 3 and 4 lack any kind of weight until the final battle in 3 but thankfully Part 5 onwards is a murder carnival that still hasn't ended to this day.
>>
File: IMG_5723.jpg (143KB, 451x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5723.jpg
143KB, 451x305px
>>31959748
>Fatty's death meant nothing
>>
File: 1481056241978.jpg (47KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1481056241978.jpg
47KB, 540x405px
>>31959632
>MUH FLAWLESS SACRED COW THAT IS PERFECT IN ALL 151 ASPECTS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GEN 1 STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT THE GENERATION THAT STARTED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE YOUR ICECREAM MON WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST WITHOUT IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31959811

Could you please quote the part of the post in which you found these pieces of information, because, for the life of me, I can't seem to find them.
>>
>>31958313
Storywise, probably Lysandre having Xerneas/Yveltal. Other evil teams either don't possess the main legendary and want to have it (Magma/Aqua/Galactic) or have it for explained reasons (Plasma). As far as we know, Lysandre found some tree/cocoon somewhere and stashed it in the back of Team Flare's storage room until the realized it was a legendary.
>>
>>31959748
Yeah but in part 4 they were at least used as a story progression. Shigechi dying pretty much set the story into motion. Plus I was one of the very few people that actually liked the guy
>>
>>31959962
I didn't but the way he died was pretty harsh. Actually made me sorry for him.

The deaths in the series are pretty brutal and sudden in general. Especially the part 5 ones.
I finally learned the big bad's identity! Now I just have to turn around, go back to the guys and... Oh, I have a hole in my chest.
>>
Should i try watching this or is it not worth it?
>>
>>31960052
how do you watch an anime that hasn't even started production yet
>>
>>31960042
I guess death's pretty anticlimactic, huh?
The gun is mightier than the sword.
>>
>>31960052
I'd recommend reading it, but the anime is still very solid.
>>
>>31958997
Sibling stands happen in part 6.
>>
>>31960052
I'd say watch part 1-3 and read from 4 onwards
>>
>>31958948
Just wait until the end of Jojolion, Josuke will unlock the ability to travel to the original timeline and take on the appearance of himself in that timeline, then he'll push the fucking car
>>
Every single player character resurrection in Mystery Dungeon

FIGHT ME
>>
>>31960569
>btw it turns out im mew lol
>>
>>31960734
GER levels of asspull
>>
>>31958313

Shauna receiving an invention from Clemont off screen that can somehow unlock a door in the Team Flare HQ to reach the box legendary.
>>
>>31960052
Yes but it's a commitment. Just remember that it gets better over time
>>
>>31958313
Yes. In Black/White when Zekrom/Reshiram awaken for you randomly right when you need them to.
>>
>>31960569

Except 2. Dialga was already involved so making him alter the timeline as a thank you gift a bit isn't that much of a stretch.
>>
>>31958997
In my headcanon, DIO loses against Jotaro because he uses the left leg to kick.

He says before that the left side of his body is not completely overtaken
>>
>>31964248
But it was complete after he drained Joseph
>>
Honestly I'd say any time a legendary shows up in the story.
>>
>>31958997
I agree that the sudden timestop ability was a huge asspull, especially the fact that Jotaro was basically able to master it so quickly. His abilities in general are supposed to be pretty on par with Dio's, from what I understood, only he's had a huge delay in unlocking his Stand's ability.
>>
Ok so now this thread is a /jojo/ thread.
Part 3 is better and Joseph is the best jojo.
>>
Fucking jojofag ruined another thread. There's like 5 general on /a/. Fuck off
>>
>>31958393
how can you be this wrong?
>>
>>31964464
OP here, that was the point tbqh. Also on /a/ you have to be caught up with the manga otherwise you'll be spoiled into oblivion
>>
>>31959739
Incest with Joshu.
>>
File: Time to Read.jpg (97KB, 602x595px) Image search: [Google]
Time to Read.jpg
97KB, 602x595px
>>31964538
>>
>ITT: A lot of people who doesn't understand what an asspull is

You are much worse than the people who for some reason brought up Jojo in a Pokemon board.
>>
>>31964429
Part 5 is literally a better part 3
>>
>GER is an asspull

Goddamn speedreaders

There was a race to get the arrow and it was a fun battle. Doppio's death, Giorno trying to find out who is Diavolo, the whole last segment when Buccellati learns how to kill SCR

GER was obviously a possible outcome, so no, it is not an asspull
>>
>>31964429
The only good fights in 3 were Death 13, D'arby, Vanilla Ice, and DIO. Every thing else was a big step down down from 2, Jotaro's personality is a fucking drain on the fun and only works in fights like D'arby and DIO.
>>
>>31964429
objectively correct
>>
>>31967764
No.
>>
>>31959166
Araki was going to kill off Avdol and have Hol Horse join. But Avdol's death recieved huge backlash from the fans so he rewrote it. There's even art of Hol and the crusaders sans Avdol
>>
>>31964429
6=5>4>3>2>1
Josuke=>Joseph>Jolyne>Giorno>=Jotaro>Jonathan
I'm only up to part 7, pls no spoil
I already know Gyro dies, the guy who got me into the series told me before he even started shilling the series to me
>>
File: b28e858571.png (59KB, 238x174px) Image search: [Google]
b28e858571.png
59KB, 238x174px
>>31959166
>>31959235
>>31959243
>>31959251
>>31968428
Biggest issue I have with Part 3 right here partially because I'm an Avdolfag
I understand killing off Avdol early because it was Araki's plan, but I think the bigger problem I have is that when they got to the second half and Iggy was introduced, they decided to give Kakyoin the same treatment, having him job massively against Geb and be out for the whole of the series until D'arby only to have him job again, and then die during the fight with DIO. If anything Polnareff got way too much hero moments and Iggy didn't do fucking shit until Pet Shop happened.

In short, Araki turned everyone he killed off later into massive jobbers.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.