[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 3 was universally the least popular generation up until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

File: ruby-sapphire[1].jpg (82KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
ruby-sapphire[1].jpg
82KB, 470x235px
>Gen 3 was universally the least popular generation up until a few years ago

What happened?
>>
>>31947475
They made Gen 6 and 7. Even shitty Gen 3 looks like a gold mine compared to this Sonic 06 tier mess.
>>
>>31947475
Hoennbabbies grew up, and that audience now being adults, are the ones praising Gen III all the time.
Same thing with all the Sinnoh praise as of late.
When all the children that started with Kalos grow up, don't be surprised when Gen VI is suddenly "the best one"
>>
>>31947475

Remakes happened

And it makes me sad that some people never played RSE and are happy with playing an objectively worse version of those games.
>>
>>31947475
People got over the loss of their old RBY and GSC bros and formed new ones to take to new gens.
>>
The nostalgiafags responsible for all the Gen 3 hate finally got too old to live with their parents and lost internet access after getting kicked out
>>
File: smugtile.png (246KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
smugtile.png
246KB, 600x455px
>>31947475
People acquired taste
>>
Hoennbabies are almost as bad as Genwunners. I hope Sinnohfetuses aren't as cancerous, but they'll probably find something stupid about DP to defend.
>>
>>31947623
I actually liked the slow pace of DPPt, I hope they keep the aesthetic in the DiaPer remakes.
>>
>>31947475
no, it was one of the best selling games in the franchise and on the GBA
>>
>>31947634
>I actually liked the slow pace of DPPt
Sinnohfags truly need to be rounded up and shot.
>>
>>31947667
>not getting the joke
>>
because mudkipz
>>
File: 1472685227591.png (91KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1472685227591.png
91KB, 400x398px
>>31947475
>Gen 5
That's what happened
>>
>>31947776
I liked gen V in terms of visuals, music, and story-telling, but the Pokemon designs were definitely one of it's weakest areas.
>>
>>31947475
people realized how good they actually were even though they sold less
>>
>>31947475
Basically gen 4 was released in what 2006?
Then people realised the game was good.
>>
>>31947538
only Emerald was superior.

ORAS is still better than vanilla RS
>>
>>31947841
Except the part where all 3 games sold incredibly well?
>>
>>31947879
i thought emerald sold like ass
>>
>>31947819
In my case I knew gen 5 was not going to be great ever since Zorua & Zoroak were revealed, I just knew there was going to be something different about it and sure enough it ended up like my least favorite
>>
>>31947879
Sinnohbabbies don't remember that the only two games to become the best selling games so far are RS and XY.
>>
>>31947897
It sold just about the same as crystal.
>>
>>31947907
Gen V is also when the anime started to suck imo, so that may have had an impact on sales.
>>
>>31947819
>The Pokemon designs were definitely one of its weakest areas
How can a single man have so much shit taste
>>
>>31947985
he's fucking right
someone cue the comparisons from gen 1 for example
>>
>>31947985
Idk man, I saw a lot of people complaining about the designs here on /vp/ when Gen V was coming out.
>>
>>31947907
But gen V is good. B/W2 basically pulled a platinum and is one of the best pairs of games in the series
>>
>>31948018
Yeah no you didn't.
The gen 5 mon hate didn't really start until it was revealed that they would be the only mon. Until then people liked them.
>>
>>31947999
>t-this meanie is challenging my opinions!!! Bring in the holy genwun tables!!!

>>31948018
This happens literally every gen. Then in a couple months the vast majority of those designs grows on people and they blend in with the rest almost seamlessly as far as appreciation goes. Of course there are always exceptions that many agree on, like Lucario being furbait, Charizard being the normie-core pokemon and gen 4/5 legendaries being over abundant and crappy.
>>
XY happened
>>
>>31948098
the point was to point out how stupidly similar gen 5 ''''designs'''' are
but seriously, the gen is a disaster
>>
>>31948055
>Yes BW2 saved gen 5
The thing is I didn't like most of the new designs which is OK, no one has to like everything but it was the fact that you were FORCED to use Pokemon you barely like what bother me the most (which I would bet is why they never did that again)
>>
Only people with shit taste hate gen III tbhfam
>>
>>31947567
This. Retards hated them because they couldn't bring their Kanto and Johto shitmons with them, but then stopped retarded and realized they were objectively better than Gens 1&2.
>>
>>31948182
A disaster in the sense that it was a good pokemon game as opposed to a mediocre one.
>>
>>31948182
Most gen 5 designs are supposed to be different takes on the ideas behind the original 151, you mouth breathing retard.

It was better gen 1 pandering than XY and SuMo could ever hope to.

Now please put a gun up your ass and pull the trigger, if you did it in your mouth you'll probably survive since brains are clearly superfluous to your biology
>>
>>31947955
I think it sold a little more than Crystal and a little less than Platinum. Not bad considering it was on a less popular system than both of those games.
>>
>>31948316
No, that's not what I meant and the games are irrelevant, we're talking design

>>31948323
Yeah and that's unsurprisingly the worst part of it, since they pulled it off bad
Alolan forms were the way to do it right
>>
UnovaFags need to die
>>
File: wink.jpg (20KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
20KB, 349x356px
>>31948359
You go first Sinnohbros, we'll follow right after, I promise.
>>
File: Diamond_Pearl_Dawn.png (425KB, 716x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_Pearl_Dawn.png
425KB, 716x1279px
>>31947776
This. Gen 5 is the least popular gen in the series from a sales perspective. That also explains why they're so loved on this board. /vp/ is filled to the brim with contrarians.
>>
The only gen I didn't care much for was DPPt. The mining stuff was pretty sweet though.
>>
>>31947819
>the Pokemon designs were definitely one of it's weakest areas

Well memed
>>
File: 1487700888867.png (453KB, 538x749px) Image search: [Google]
1487700888867.png
453KB, 538x749px
>>31948323
We didn't need them and ultimately that was always the point, it's a generation full of unnecessary Pokemon
>>
>>31947623
>I hope Sinnohfetuses aren't as cancerous, but they'll probably find something stupid about DP to defend.
How long have you been in here? A week?
>>
>>31948377
Not a SinnohBro, but k
>>
>>31948064
This.
I remember all the forums were going crazy about most of the new pokemon when the entire dex was leaked. People laughed for a second at the trashmon and icemon and then started to focus on the rest of them.
Even the normalfags who were checking out of curiosity loved some of the designs.
Then we learned that we only could use new pokemon and the shitfest began.
>>
What's more controversial, Gen V or Gen VII? IMOTBHFAM it's VII.
>>
File: IMG_0524.jpg (61KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0524.jpg
61KB, 256x256px
>>31948386
>Sales=quality
>le contraian meme
>>
>>31948402
>We didn't need Serperior
>We didn't need Scrafty
>We didn't need Darmanitan
>We didn't need Volcarona
>We didn't need Hydreigon
>We didn't need Chandelure
>We didn't need Golurk
>We didn't need Braviary
>We didn't need Reuniclus
>We didn't need Ferrothorn
>We didn't need Scolipede
>We didn't need Galvantula
>We didn't need Beartic
>We didn't need Bouffalant
>We didn't need Gigalith
>We didn't need Excadrill

>B-b-but trash bags/gears/ice creams
A fucking ball with angry eyes.
That's what you stand for. You stand for a fucking ball with angry eyes. Rethink your life.
>>
>>31947475
I actually like Hoenn the best.
>>
>>31948402
>anything I don't like is unnecessary because Game Freak should only cater to selfish pricks such as myself
>>
>>31948495
>electric ariados
>ice ursaring
>tauros 2
>a chandelier
>a fugly fire beast thing
>another bird
Wew, good designs
>>
File: amoonguss.jpg (34KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
amoonguss.jpg
34KB, 300x268px
>>31948495
>A fucking ball with angry eyes.
you mean a item mimic right

oh wait i forgot gen 5 ran out of ideas
>>
>>31948549
>>31948580
A fucking ball with angry eyes.
>>
>>31948611
You mean Solosis?
Or are you admitting that the generation that gen 5 mimicked was already shit to begin with?
Doesn't sound like a good start to your case
>>
>>31948611
Gen 1 came out in 1996, and it was the first Pokemon game, so cut the designs some slack
>>
>>31947475
gen 3 suffered because muhgenwunmons
it was an overall improvement
people are only now realizing how good they are because A newer people went back to play them or B the rose tinted goggles slid of genwun/johto babies and they stopped bitching for once
>>
File: a fucking ball with angry eyes.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking ball with angry eyes.png
56KB, 250x250px
>>31948633
>>31948636
Here it is. Here's your idol. Your false god. Your golden veal.
A fucking ball with agry eyes.
>>
>>31948633
>he doesn't know solosis is a better representation of a non pussified mew
>>
>>31948636
>I-IT'S OKAY WHEN GEN 1 DOES IT!
>>
File: IMG_3048.jpg (50KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3048.jpg
50KB, 960x507px
>>31948549
>I'll trivialize these Pokemon by describing them as literal as possible, that'll prove my point!
>>
>>31948672
Sounds like you can't come up with anything good either, resorting to repeating the same strawman.
Unovabortions, everyone.
>>
>>31948549
You could literally make an argument like this with any gen
>Another bird
>my mom's x

And it's not a good arguement either
>>
>>31948715
I could, but not everything.
If I can make that, it's most likely a shit design. Who knew?
>>
>>31948710
>The obese, unkept man sat alone in the darkness of his room, his warty face only illuminated by the pale-blue light of the screen. An Internet ruffian had insulted his unpeccable tastes in fictionary creatures, a common occurence after all since he spent the entirety of his days browsing vietnamese clay sculpting forums. That was until he insulte the ball. A primal fury took over the man, soon trembling with rage, struggling to type a response with the righteous sausages of justice that his fingers were. The ball had been insulted. He would not stand for this.
>>
>>31948718

Your logic is retarded. Sorry, bud.
>>
>>31948672
Yeah it is a ball with angry eyes, got a fucking problem?
>>
>>31948729
Again. Please, keep going.
It's funnier when you consider that I find voltorb to be: a shit design.

>>31948734
I see.
>>
>>31947475
Gen VII.
Not saying that gen VII is worse, but gen VI was finished, so we could analyze gen VI as a whole, and then we realize that gen VI is worse than gen III.
Unironically, we got RS remakes in gen VI.
>>
Can someone explain to me why people are loving Gen IV so much lately? Everywhere I go I see at least one person screaming for Sinnoh remakes and claiming it has the best games, not that I disagree
>>
>>31948736
>>31948757
>He quickly glanced all around his room. The smell of rotting, putrid trash filled the room, for he had refused to honor the trash bag, his mortal adversary. For the same reason his fridge had been emptied of all ice cream, even if it was his favourite food, and the only memory he had of his grandfather, a de-geared pendulum clock, rested in pieces on the top of a pile of garbage. In the middle of this landscape of neglect stood a pedestal, the only clean furniture in the house. Upon it rested a golden reproduction of the Ball itself, blessed be Its Name. Its shiny angry eyes seemed to almost look in the direction of the man, transmitting a meditative and composed, but yet unbridled and limitless, amount of rage. The man nodded at the idol, struggling to push his hairy chin through the strata of lard cushioning his neck, before turning to his personal computer. He knew what he had to do.
>>
>>31948864
I'm going to call pasta, for your sake
>>
If the mods aren't going to ever enforce the genwar rule why don't they just get rid of it
>>
>>31948811
Because muh patterns.
They're in denial about how we'll get Kanto Sequels instead of Sinnoh Remakes.
>>
>>31948580
A ball with angry eyes is not a mimic. Amoongus now that is everything a mimic should be.
>>
>>31948893
>His stubby fleshtips hit clumsily the keyboard, as he revealed his trump card in his next post. He pulled out the pasta card. The perfect weapon. No way that Unovabortion could find a rebuttal to his perfect one liner. He had won. The Ball's honor had been reconquered once again.
>>
>>31948864
I actually am a voltorb/electrode fan so please continue
>>
>>31948943
Or projecting. Whatever
>>
the initial stigma of R/S being bad went away after years of emerald, which shits on gen 1/2
>>
>>31947475
Gen 6 was released.
>>
>31947497
>look mom I posted it again
>>
>>31948945
>A rush of dopamines run through his brain. It had to be a reward from the Ball itself, for defending Its Name on an Internet board. Images of himself becoming rounder and rounder, like a sphere, started entering his mind. All his limbs slowly retracting until disappearing, all the unnecessary details being washed away together with all his insecurities and worries. His overdesigned silhouette being polished down to the perfect Shape, ascending to a divine condition, while the top of his body assumed a red coloration, symbol of burning hot passion, in sharp contrast with the now pale white bottom, representative of his spiritual purity. At the end of the process, only a feature had been retained: a pair of sharp frowning eyes, radiating an overwhelming presence of sterness in the universe around his perfect globular shape. As the vision clouded the man's mind, the euphoria induced a spontaneous orgasm, staining his pants with the liquid leaking through his virgin micropenis
>>
>>31947475
Can we kill the contrarian meme already?

People woke up to Hoenn's good level design.
>>
File: confused nigga.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
confused nigga.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
>>31949105
>Water everywhere is good level design
>>
File: IMG_3137.png (650KB, 1055x808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3137.png
650KB, 1055x808px
>>31949105
>Surf: The Region
>good level design
>>
>>31949133
the way islands/underwater was designed and the land mass exploration were fantastic, only sinnoh comes close but fucks it up with the shitty ass snow/swamp/Mt. corronet shit
>>
>>31949133
>>31949148
>Implying Water is everywhere.

At most half of the region is water. The land and sea theme was neat and in combination with dive added some nice forms of exploration. That's more than what Sun & Moon can say. The sea needed more Pokemon variety though.
>>
File: boi.jpg (68KB, 1603x820px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
68KB, 1603x820px
>>31949154
>Having to carry 4 water type HMs on you pokemon at all times
>Empty diving spots which are basically caves with tall grass, where you move painfully slow and can only meet 2-3 kinds of mons

*Anon breaths in, building up power!*

>Sinnoh comes close

*Anon release its power!*

BOI
>>
>>31949234
Anon, 4 water type moves is one HM slave.
And you don't need them at all times either seeing as diving and waterfall locations are finite not to mention surfing becomes redundant once you reach each town.

Have you played these games or do you base your opinions on memes?

With that said Sinnoh is far worse especially in plat where you need HMs to access tutors. So you literally need them at all times.
>>
>>31949154
>the way islands/underwater was designed and the land mass exploration were fantastic

>Large water routes full of nothing
>Underwater had 4 encounters no matter the route
>Lots of divespots that lead nowhere
>You move slow as molasses
>only two underwater caves, one is only accessible after crossing a rapids puzzle with shittons of trial and error
>after getting it right you find out that you need to backtrack and get a Wailord and a Relicanth, and that is only if you know how to read braile
>if you don't have the manual then you won't know unless you check the internet
>optional water accessible areas are the Shoal Cave which cannot be explored in one go and you have to wait 12 hours to fully explore and you find absolutely nothing in it besides the shell bell, two routes with berries and some trainers, the """""""""postgame"""""""""" Sky Pillar and the Sunken Ship that again has nothing on it but some trainers and an optional item.

As for exploring on land, there's no such thing.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.