[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Pokémon are good for doing Ribbon Master runs with? Both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 18

What Pokémon are good for doing Ribbon Master runs with? Both in regard to how easy/difficult it would be with that Pokémon, as well as how appealing it would be to have that Pokémon with all ribbons.

I'm personally considering a Delcatty or Gardevoir, but I would like some more ideas.
>>
Use your favourite.
>>
>>31945063
My favourite, of those that can actually obtain all Ribbons, is Delcatty (I guess), but as said I would like more than one Pokémon to do this "mission" with. I've also been considering Solrock, but I think it would be very difficult to get the Gold Battle Memory Ribbon with.
>>
>>31945050
I have a Gardevoir but I'm considering to start from scratch in Gen 6 because if I transfer my Gardevoir to Pokébank all the Gen 3 and 4 Contest Ribbons will be replaced by a completely new ribbon.
>>
Which one is best? Beedrill or Pidgeot?
>>
Don't collect every single ribbon.

Get the higher tier versions of the ones that have them. For example, get the Expert Battler ribbon but skip the Skillful Battler ribbon. Get the Gorgeous Robyal ribbon, but not the Gorgeous and Royal ribbons.

Also don't get the weekday ribbons because they are worthless. That way your ribbon collection won't look like a clusterfuck. Quality over quantity is good.
>>
>>31945608

>Skipping low tier versions of a ribbon.
>Not going all in on your power quest.
>>
>>31945050
I'm using Delcatty currently myself (which is difficult at times with the Battle Facilities), but probably the easiest mon to make a Ribbon Master out of would be Smeargle (especially for contests). Getting a shitmon (such as Sunflora) with all the ribbons would be a challenge imo
>>31945608
Quality is good, but what's the point of having a Ribbon Master if you miss out on nearly every shitty ribbon for the few quality ones? You want to have all the ribbons you can possibly get, that's the point of collecting.
>>
>>31945050
>getting all those palette-swapped heart shits
>getting those ugly shit consumerist """"medals""""
>not just getting every aesthetically pleasing ribbon
Blank space is better than most of these ribbons.
>>
>>31945840
>You want to have all the ribbons you can possibly get, that's the point of collecting.
It doesn't need to be. Ribbons have no definitive point since they don't do anything, so the point is whatever you want it to be.

Personally the point for me is to have memories and proof of my Pokémon going to certain places and doing certain things in the old games they came from. This is why I dislike the weekday ribbons especially, since they are free and don't represent any kind of accomplishment or memory.
>>
>>31945063
This.
>>
>>31945050
smeargle
>>
>>31945993
True, but if you're aiming for Ribbon Master, (most people) would think you'd attempt to get all the ribbons. And who knows, maybe in the future GF will do something with ribbons.

And I feel the same way. That's why I've started my collection with my Delcatty; it started so many memories and since its the only one I have from those times, I wanted to make it special with ribbons (at first with champion ribbons before deciding on getting every one possible as a challenge)
I like the weekday ribbons in a way: they always make me think of Sunyshore's music.
>>
>>31945916
>Not wanting to collect them all
Disgusting.
>>
File: Hitmonlee ribbons.png (438KB, 680x521px) Image search: [Google]
Hitmonlee ribbons.png
438KB, 680x521px
>>31946195
Here's my Hitmonlee. It's from Gen 3, and is the one you can get in the Saffron City dojo.

I collected the ribbons I personally think are worthwhile, save the Earth and Battle Memory ribbons which I could have gotten for it but chose not to.

Just an example of what I think is quality over quantity.
>>
>>31946371
>Just an example of what I think is quality over quantity.
I mean if a mere 11 ribbons is enough for you personally, then it looks great. I just prefer to have more myself. I feel like it proclaims "more" love for my Pokémon or whatever; the more time I spend on giving them ribbons, the more I show them that I love them. Or some shit like that.

But yeah the Daily Ribbons are bullshit, I only get them because they're so fucking easy to obtain that it's almost shameful if you don't.
>>
Obviously if we're talking about a "true" ribbon master (ALL ribbons possible) it would have to meet two criteria

1. Obtainable as a Shadow Pokemon in the gamecube Pokémon games
2. Obtainable at level 50 or lower.

Some of the better candidates include Salamence and Metagross, both Obtainable at level 50 exactly.

Other easy candidates include those who get megas in later games such as Manectic or Mawile

Personally I prefer Pokemon that can't breed or have no egg moves like Beedrill and Smeargle, since they won't get gimped by being an older gen Pokémon

Egg move tutors when?

At the end of the day though its all subjective, the accomplishment only matters to you and how far you want to take that project.
>>
>>31945050
About to embark on this too. Thinking arbok or a jhoto starter if im going for 100% from colo/XD
>>
File: IMG_0101.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0101.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
If you can't pick a favorite use a shoulder pokemon

Before getting colosseum i collected ribbons with my leaf green pikachu

Luckily now i got colo and aipom, my favorite is in it

Maybe you will want to skip contest, to get perfect pokeblocks you need 4 gba
>>
>>31945050
You could also forgo the whole "all ribbons" thing and choose any pokémon you like, for example a gen 4 pokémon like Turtwig or something like that can still gain a plentiful number of ribbons and still look good nowadays.
>>
>>31945608
This dude's a faggot, don't listen to him.
>>
>>31946371
You're autistic as fuck dude.
>>
I've been thinking about doing this for a while with an Arcanine from XD. How much should I care about its nature?
>>
I'm going to get all the ribbons possible for AshGreninja as I can as well as my core team for SM.

Right now I'm playing Y to get my Raichu all the ribbons in Y before sending it over to moon for the rest.

I don't have the funds or means to start from the beginning to make a real Ribbon Master.
>>
File: ribbonwhore.png (4KB, 240x159px) Image search: [Google]
ribbonwhore.png
4KB, 240x159px
Two down, a million to go. Time for haxx tower.

>>31948979
You're going to have to have it on your team for a lot of ribbons, so it should at least not be shit tier. Personally I went for an ideal nature, even though Mismagius isn't very good, just because I knew someday it would bug me if I didn't.
>>
Okay so, before this thread dies, and because I think this is the most apropiate place to ask about.

So, long story short, I want to get into the franchise, and for that I want to play from the very first game on gameboy, and from there take every pokemon I catch, being able to move from game to game until finally bring able to get them on the pokebank. Problem is, I only have a 3ds. Is there any way to do this whith a 3ds only? Or if there is an emulator capable to transfer pokemon across consoles?
>>
>>31952826
You can't currently transfer from Gen 2 to Gen 3 by even official methods, and Gen 1 can only transfer directly to Gen 7. So you couldn't go in order with all of your Pokemon without a lot of injecting and some math to regenerate IVs.

Otherwise it's possible with a 3DS and emulating, just use pkhex to inject your Pokemon into the games where you can't normally transfer with just a 3DS. You could always play the remakes instead of the original Gen 1/2.
>>
>>31952870

Ok, thanks for the clarification about moving pokemon from gen 1-2 to 3.
Besides that, and looking further about this topic, there's Poke Transfer, that let's you transfer pokemon from gen 4 to 5, right? And then there's Poke transporter, which let's you put them in the bank. So with all that in mind, I can only ask if there's a way to move pokemon from gen 3 games to gen 4.

And finally, and regardless of that last question, could I use those two last features (transfer and trasnporter), while only playing the games through a R4?
>>
>>31952961
You can legitimately transfer from 3->4 using the Pal Park, a feature that utilized the fact that the original DS had both a DS slot and a GBA slot and could read two games at once. Obviously the 3DS can't do that, so it won't work.

You could use PokeTransfer if you had a second 3DS (or OG DS), but it's not possible with just one. Poketransporter is totally usable, though.
>>
>>31952826
Get the Virtual Console gen 1 ports in your 3DS if you want the "old experience". If you're only in it for the lore or knowledge of the region you're better starting off with the gen 3 remakes. (Going by the same logic you could skip RSE and play ORAS).

Then go from gen 3 to gen 4 via pal park. Then play HGSS for the gen 2 experience. Then use Poke Transfer to go from gen 4 to 5 (with two consoles). Then Poke transporter to go from 5 to 6 to 7 and you're done.

If you have a flash cart and an original DS you could play gen 1 (remake),2 (remake),3 (original),4 and 5 and I THINK you could just mess with the save and the .pkm files if you know how. You would just need an original cart of 5 to use the transporter and the bank.

Alternatively you could emulate everything to play and just inject everything you had and want in gen 7.

There are many options, the choice is yours.
>>
File: Eevee Ribbon Collection.png (2MB, 900x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Eevee Ribbon Collection.png
2MB, 900x1010px
>>31945050
Do it with one of your favorite Pokemon. It's a fun challenge and it's rewarding along the way. Take mine for example. I had this Eevee since FireRed. The only ribbons I am missing now are the two battle tree ones which I am working on.

Also did the 40 contest ribbon change color for any of you too? My 8 battle tower one didn't but that one did when I transferred my Eevee from Alpha Sapphire to Moon.
>>
>>31945050
A pokemon thats avaible as shadow in XD since that grants a special ribbon
>>
>>31945050
I did mine with an XD arcanine. Was hoping to transfer it up to Sun/Moon but decided to skip those.

Luckily it doesn't add new ribbons anyway.
>>
>>31954119
>Luckily it doesn't add new ribbons anyway.

So you don't want your poke with the battle royale, alola champion and the two battle tree ribbons?
>>
>>31949508
>Time for haxx tower.
Maybe get it to Lv. 50 first
>>
>>31952826
If you use Soundhaxx to easily hack your 3DS, you can get Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, X, Y, OmegaRuby, AlphaSapphire, Sun and Moon for free, all on the same console.

Doing this, you can transfer your Pokémon from game to game all the way up to Sun and Moon by using the program PKHex.

However, as for the time being, you can't get Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 on the 3DS via hacking, so you'd either have to buy them as physical cartridges or emulate them on your computer (also really easily done, and you can still transfer your Pokémon via PKHex to your 3DS games).

Plus, if you want the FULL Pokémon experience, I suggest playing Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness too. These are GameCube games, so you'd either have to get physical copies or emulate them on you computer. Again, if you choose to emulate, you can still transfer your Pokémon from these to your 3DS games.

Furthermore, Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs are also very great games, and they allow you to obtain Mythical Pokémon such as Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Deoxys and Heatran, as well a special Riolu.

Pokémon Dream Radar is a free app you can get on your 3DS as well; it's a small game that allows you to catch some extra Legendaries for Black 2 and White 2.

And if you have a Wii, Pokémon Battle Revolution and My Pokémon Ranch also give you special Pokémon, such as Surfing Pikachu and Mew.

Also, you should really try out the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. You can't transfer anything to your main games, but they have great gameplay, great stories and they WILL make you cry.
>>
>>31954119
They added 4 new Ribbons.
>>
>>31952870
>>31953013
>>31953603

Thnaks for all the help guys. Seroiusly, I never thought I'd get these replies. I just can't wait to get into this series once and for all. I must admit that I tried to do the same back when X-Y were released, but I a burnout after getting halfway through X. Luckily for Sun, I managed to get everything done. Now, thanks to my non-existant autism, I'll just quickly play through moon and get all the version exclusives pokemon via GTS.

With all that said, I have one last question
>>31954516
Supposing I decide on PKHex, can it really be used to move them from one game to the other, or it's just injecting them over an over again, in as many games as I need. I ask this because I want to know if using PKHex (again, supposing it's just for injections) let's you keep everything the original pokemon had, like ribbons and the original location where it was met, and also how time demanding would be to inject all these pokemon through all the games.
>>
>>31955182
What you do when using PKHex to transfer Pokémon is: you open your save file and export your Pokémon as files to somewhere on your computer, then open the save file of the game you want to transfer them to and inject them from those files. PKHex has built-in transfer logic based on how the games transfer between generations, so you end up with the same Pokémon as you would if you had done it in-game. For example, Generation 1 Pokémon are saved as .pk1 files, which pertains to how Pokémon are coded and handled in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, but if you inject them with PKHex into Sun/Moon, it converts them into .pk7 files and updates their data in the same way Pokémon Bank would.

Source: Literally just did it myself by transferring my 3DS LeafGreen Pokémon over to Sun :^)
>>
>>31955644

Oh, that's great. All I thought at first was that I would have to inject, or better said, replicate all the old pokemon one by one, or something like that.

Now, are Pokemon Colliseum and Gale of Darkness supported by PKHex too? Because I`m too much of an obsesive person to just forget about the two exclusive ribbons that you can get from those games, which by the way I could just play with a softmodded Wii, right?
>>
>>31955688
I assume it would work, worst case scenario you just trade them to a gen 3 cart
>>
Is it possible to do a ribon master run with a shiny mon?
>>
>>31955743
You cannot obtain a shiny in XD and the shiny re-rolls when you purify it in Colloseum

It is not feasable
>>
>>31955688
You don't have to replicate your Pokémon at all. In fact, you can even save ALL of your Pokémon all at once by using the "Dump Boxes" function in PKHex; it dumps every single Pokémon in your entire PC and saves them all within a folder. You can then use the "Load Boxes" function to import them all at the same time in another game save. Transferring entire games of Pokémon only takes a couple of minutes!

>are Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness supported by PKHex too?
I'm 99% sure they are, yes.
>>
>>31955743
When snagging Shadow Pokémon in Colosseum, the game re-rolls them. This means if you encounter a Shiny Shadow Pokémon, it will not stay shiny when you catch it. Likewise, catching a non-Shiny Shadow Pokémon might turn it shiny when the game re-rolls it. The chance is 1/8192.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjxt0qJgpc
>>
>>31955644
>>31955759

All these replies are giving me good hopes about my future run.
Now, It's time I get to ask about another important thing; Mythical and event pokemon.
It all pretty much boild down to How? I mean, is there any way to get them? I've heard about people dumping event cartdriges on the internet, where all it takes is to set the date back to the event. How feasible is that?

At the same time, I also thought about making these pokemon the only exception to really injecting them via PKHex, but obviously trying to make as close as how they were distributed back in the original events. Is even worse when I see the list of events through Bulbapedia, only to find that there's multiple versions of mythical pokemon, along with other curious event pokemon with exclusive moves, or shiny versions, etc, etc. But I still think recurring to injecting them would be kind of bad. Or would you guys just recommend me to search for them on trades and such. I'm open to suggestions on this one.
>>
>>31955842
Just google for the files, the biggest injection site for gen 4&5 had all the event pokemon available to download.
>>
>>31955842
Again, the answer is extremely simple. ProjectPokémon.org has an Event Gallery that lists every single event there has ever been in the entire history of the franchise. If there is any specific event Pokémon you want, you just go here, download it and inject it with PKHex.

Use the list on the right side of the page to go to the different sections, divided by Generation and Language:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/category/2-event-gallery/
>>
>>31955959
>every single event there has ever been in the entire history of the franchise
And with that I mean every single event since Diamond and Pearl. If you want earlier events, just use PKHex to hack the event items (such as Aurora Ticket, Mystic Ticket and Old Sea Map) into your inventory manually.
>>
>>31955957
>>31955959
>>31955974

Alright, seems everything is already sorted out on the web, just had to pay enough attention, or in this case, ask all of you, wonderful people.
I couldn't thank you enough for this great help I received, and that I couldn't put to use soon enough. As I said before, I'm on my way to now finish Pokemon Moon, get the version exclusives and put them on Sun. After that is when I start my real jpurney through the world of pokemon, which as I can guess from all the info should begin around Gen 3, including the two gamecube games, and should go all the way back to Alola. I know it's gona be a long task, but it's the only way I'm gonna be really satisfied with all these games. Now I can't stop thinking about filling out my soon to be living dex.
Again, thanks for all the help, and hope all of you continue having a great time with pokemon, the same way I know I'll have from now on.
>>
File: Progress Table.png (27KB, 658x924px) Image search: [Google]
Progress Table.png
27KB, 658x924px
>>31956051
You're very much welcome! I'm glad that I could help you start this project of yours. Truth be told, I myself started this exact project too only a couple of months ago. That's why I started this thread; to plan what Pokémon I should do my Ribbon Master challenge with in advance so I can do it simultaneously with my "Play all games" challenge. I'm done with FireRed and Pearl now, and almost done with LeafGreen. It will probably take me all the way until 2018 to finish this, but I know it'll be 100% worth it. (Especially since Pokémon Bank deleted my entire LivingDex, including every Pokémon I've ever caught since I was 5. I'm gonna fucking show them that nothing can hold me down!)

Oh, and maybe having a checklist would be of help to you. Pic related is mine, I use it to keep track of my progress throughout all of my games. I'll come it handy when summer comes around and I'll be playing like 5 different games all at once. (Especially since I'm so autistic that I have to play Emerald and Platinum twice just because the protagonists have different outfits. However, it's probably for the best, as completing Pokémon Ranch (getting Mew) requires you to catch 999 Pokémon.)
>>
>>31956141

Yeah, the checklist seems like a good idea.
Also, why did PokeBank delete your livingdex? I mean up until this moment I thought pokebank seemed like a good way to keep all your pokemon ready for any and all future instalments, but now seeing that they can delete everything that easily makes me wanna think there's a way to back up a pokebank save file or something, but since it's always online and it's based on a set account, it's pretty much impossible to do. Guess i'll just have to recur to keep all the save files from previous games safe, just in case something like this happens.
>>
What's the hardest ribbon to get, in your opinion? And is there a reliable way to get the super battle maison ribbon? I'm so tired of getting to battle 30 and losing.
>>
>>31956299
Getting all 5 Master contest ribbons in gen 3 is the biggest challenge by far.

Also that stupid Wifi Tower Ribbon you literally can't get anymore, fuck GF for that.
>>
>>31956322
Why are the contest ribbons so hard? Just teach your pokemon the moves they need with TMs and HMs. As for the wifi ribbon, just hack it.
>>
>>31956322
Actually you can get that ribbon with an action replay and AltWFC:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki#nintendo-dsdsi3ds2ds-configuration
>>
>>31956372
There's also a savestate somewhere on reddit from the day before wifi shut down, if you can find it you can do the ribbon on emulator
>>
>>31956194
I lost my Pokémon because I hacked Pokémon Sun and Nintendo found out. And because they're complete assholes, they thought simply banning my Pokémon Sun game wasn't enough, but they had to ban my Pokémon Bank account as well. Yes, I know that I'm the one in the wrong here, I shouldn't have pirated Sun before launch, but I still think their punishment was way unfair, which is why I'm pissed at them.

However, the amazing community that created PKHex has also created what is essentially a PKHex and Pokémon Bank fusion that is completely free and works on the 3DS. It's called PKSM, and its Bank works in much the same way as the official one. You can even make backups with it, so you can store your entire Living Dex in one single file. I'll be doing that, as well as having a PKHex backup of my individual games as well.
>>
>>31956407

Righ, I actually heard of it, although I never really paid much attention to it, considering that the pokebank was an official method to saving pokemon and all that. Might as well consider both options now. In fact, right now the only reason I actually want to get a pokebank account is to get mewnium Z, before october comes around, but at the same time I'm in sort of a dilemma related to pokebank. See, I hacked my 3ds last year, but due to issues related to syncing your Nintendo Id to the now hacked console means that every time I connect to the Eshop or do something related to it, like payments or such, it detects all the stuff I've downloaded for free, and automatically deletes it, meaning that I pretty much lose all the DLCs and updates I have installed. And since the pokebank requires that yearly payment through eshop funds, I'm pretty much fucked over keeping a stable account in the bank.
Again, I wouldn't be so worried about it, specially now, considering that PKSM is a thing, but that Mewnium Z is getting on my nerves.
>>
>>31956507
Just give yourself Mewnium Z via PKHex. I mean, Bank gives it to you for free anyway, so I don't see any difference in getting it from PKHex instead.
>>
>>31956525

That doesn't seem like a bad idea, actually. I mean it's just for an item, instead of being a pokemon. And I don't think they have a way to check if the crystal was obtained legit or not.
>>
>>31956299
That's the Tower ribbons, without a doubt. Including Battle Maison/Tree on Super Mode. Though, the Master Rank Contest Ribbons are bitches too, because TMs aren't infinite in Gen III/IV.
>>
How would you get the super battle maison ribbon on a skitty?
>>
>>31956554
I don't think so either. Besides, the hardest punishment they can give for hacking in items is taking away your online privileges for that one specific game.

>>31956565
Have it on your team and never send it out. Double or Triple would be the easiest way to do it.
>>
>>31954346
>>31954119

I dunno it maybe i'll pick those up when I have better gens to transfer to later.
>>
is there a list of ribbons and how to get them?
>>
File: All Obtainable Canon Ribbons v2.png (27KB, 234x1156px) Image search: [Google]
All Obtainable Canon Ribbons v2.png
27KB, 234x1156px
>>31957318
1/2

National Ribbon: Catch and Purify the Pokémon (Colosseum or XD)
World Ribbon: Defeat 100 Trainers in a row at Mt. Battle without changing your team (Colosseum or XD)
League Ribbon: Defeat the Pokémon League (RSE or FRLG)
Hoenn Contest Ribbons: Beat any rank of any category at the Pokémon Contests (RSE)
Artist Ribbon: Get a perfect score in a Master Rank contest (RSE)
Winning Ribbon: Have 56 consecutive wins in Lv. 50 Single Battle Mode at the Battle Tower (RSE)
Victory Ribbon: Have 56 consecutive wins in Lv. 100 Single Battle Mode at the Battle Tower (RSE)
Sinnoh League Ribbon: Defeat the Pokémon League (DPPt)
Sinnoh Contest Ribbons: Beat any rank of any category at the Pokémon Super Contests (DPPt)
Gorgeous Royal Ribbons: Buy them in Resort Area (DPPt) or Mauville City (ORAS)
Weekly Ribbons: Talk to an NPC on a specific day, 7 total (DPPt or HGSS or XY or ORAS)
Footprint Ribbon: Max out your Pokémon's Happiness (DPPt) or train it 30 levels (XY or ORAS or SM)
Effort Ribbon: Max your Pokémon's Effort Values (RSE or DPPt or HGSS or XY or ORAS or SM)
Ability Ribbon: Have 21 consecutive wins in Single Battle Mode at the Battle Tower (DPPt or HGSS)
Great Ability Ribbon: Have 49 consecutive wins in Single Battle Mode at the Battle Tower (DPPt or HGSS)
Double Ability Ribbon: Win 50 times in Double Battle Mode at the Battle Tower (DPPt or HGSS)
Multi Ability Ribbon: Win 50 times in Multi Battle Mode with an NPC at the Battle Tower (DPPt or HGSS)
Pair Ability Ribbon: Win 50 times in Multi Battle Mode with a real-life person at the Battle Tower (DPPt or HGSS)
World Ability Ribbon: Reach 5th place in the Wifi Battle Mode ranking at the Battle Tower (DPPt or HGSS)
>>
File: All Ribbons.jpg (72KB, 353x389px) Image search: [Google]
All Ribbons.jpg
72KB, 353x389px
>>31957318
2/2

Legend Ribbon: Defeat Red on Mt. Silver (HGSS)
Kalos League Ribbon: Defeat the Pokémon League (XY)
Best Friends Ribbon: Max out your Pokémon's Affection (XY or ORAS or SM)
Training Ribbon: Beat all Super Training regimens (XY or ORAS)
Hoenn League Ribbon: Defeat the Pokémon League (ORAS)
ORAS Contest Ribbons: Beat Master Rank of any category at the Pokémon Contest Spectacular (ORAS)
Contest Star Ribbon: Beat all 5 Master Rank contests at the Pokémon Contest Spectacular (ORAS)
Skilful Battler Ribbon: Have 20 consecutive wins in at the Battle Maison (XY or ORAS)
Expert Battler Ribbon: Have 50 consecutive wins in at the Battle Maison (XY or ORAS)
Alola League Ribbon: Defeat the Pokémon League (SM)
Battle Tree Great Ribbon: Have 20 consecutive wins in at the Battle Tree (SM)
Battle Tree Master Ribbon: Have 50 consecutive wins in at the Battle Tree (SM)
Battle Royal Master Ribbon: Beta Master Rank at the Battle Royal (SM)
>>
File: 1487293224585.png (101KB, 291x301px) Image search: [Google]
1487293224585.png
101KB, 291x301px
>>31954107
>Also did the 40 contest ribbon change color for any of you too? My 8 battle tower one didn't but that one did when I transferred my Eevee from Alpha Sapphire to Moon.

Gamefreak fucked up. Something about the contest memory ribbon reading the number of total ribbbons instead of number of contest ribbons or something like that.
>>
>>31958575
Does this mean it happens to everyone? Or does it only happen to some people? What determines whether it will happen to you or not?
>>
File: 1484298392375.png (324KB, 779x891px) Image search: [Google]
1484298392375.png
324KB, 779x891px
>>31956299
Maison and tree can be cheesed with Protein Greninja and Mega Salamence, Mega CharizardX, or Multiscale Dragonite holding weakness policy. Have your ribbon pokemon in third slot in singles or fourth slot in doubles.

>>31956322
gen 3 contest can be cheesed using appeal combos, there is some luck involved regarding whether your pokemon miss a turn from being nervous, but having good contest condition + appeal combos turns master contest into a joke.

The biggest issue is whether your gen 3 internal battery is still alive since getting multiples of the best berries requires planting and watering them at each stage of growth. If you battery is still good or you already replaced it then easy winnable contest condition can be easily gotten with the rare berries received from the berry master wife. If those aren't an option then Tamato, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel berries are really good too. Don't fuck with any berry under those unless you have no choice. The best berries come from Colosseum/GoD + Liechi berry, but these are a grind to get.
>>
>>31958688
All Pokémon with a gold contest memory ribbon have it turned to blue in SM, if it was already blue nothing happens. Conversely, it seems like as long as your Pokémon has 8 or more ribbons (total), their battle memory ribbon turns gold even if it "should" be blue. Already gold ones don't change.
>>
>>31959077
I see, so there's a glitch that makes both Memory Ribbons check your total amount of ribbons and re-rolls them accordingly. How the fucking hell did GameFreak mess up like that? It worked perfectly fine in XYORAS, so there's been some idiot messing with the code in Sun/Moon/Bank who shouldn't even have touched it at all.
>>
>>31959077
Do the numbers change?
>>
>>31959292
Nope
>>
>>31959925
Then it can at least be very easily fixed.
>>
File: 1485322508598.png (444KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485322508598.png
444KB, 1000x1000px
>>31958853
>gen 3 internal battery
You are aware of the cloning trick, right? You don't need to change shit to get all of the Gen III contest ribbons, my Emerald Latias is proof of that.
>>
File: y.gif (123KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
y.gif
123KB, 238x192px
>>31960206
I actually don't own emerald. But yeah cloning berries once you get them is way faster than babysitting plants.
>>
Is it worth it to make a ribbon master out of an event legendary, knowing they can never get the battle facility ribbons?
I'm thinking of restarting my Platinum save and I have an old Shaymin on there (that has a classic ribbon) that I really want to make a ribbon master out of.
>>
>>31963811
You can't make a true "Ribbon Master" out of any Pokémon that weren't caught as Shadow Pokémon in Colosseum/XD, but even with a Shaymin you can still get a pretty big amount of ribbons and make it a pretty Ribbon Princess.
>>
File: shadows.png (111KB, 935x763px) Image search: [Google]
shadows.png
111KB, 935x763px
>>31963849
So essentially, these are all of the "Ribbon Master" options.
>>
>>31963885
Those are only from Colosseum. There's still all the ones from XD.
>>
>>31963885
Tyranitar from Colosseum and Dragonite from GoD cannot get gen 3 lvl 50 battle tower ribbons.
>>
What ribbons do you guys think the DPPt remakes will introduce? Another set of 6 Master Contest Ribbons like in ORAS? A new Sinnoh League Ribbon? More than just those?

And what about the BW and BW2 remakes? Will we finally get ribbons for the Musical, PWT and PokéStar Studios?

What new ribbons do you think we'll get in the coming years?
>>
>>31964273
That depends on if the DPPt remakes bring back the Battle Frontier, or they just copy-paste the Battle Tree. I mean, they DID remove all of the Battle Tower Ribbons from Gen III and IV, so maybe they're planning on re-adding them as new ribbons like they did with the Hoenn Contest Ribbons in ORAS? 2 new ribbons per Battle Facility?
>>
>>31964273
>Another set of 6 Master Contest Ribbons like in ORAS?
I honestly won't even be surprised if they don't bother to bring them back again, considering the direction they've been heading from BW onward.
>>
Does the truant durant trick work on super maison battles?
>>
>>31954107
>not leveling it to 100 in ORAS with Blissey bases

It would have made it easier to give it bottle caps in SuMo
>>
>>31947451
>XD

Is this faggot for real
>>
>>31958853
Is there a guide somewhere on how to use greninja and those others to cheese the maison and battle tree?
>>
bumparooni
>>
>>31968542
Do triples and with Mat Block, you get a free set up turn on things like Shell Smash Cloyster. Go nuts.
>>
File: maison tree strategy.png (61KB, 1085x714px) Image search: [Google]
maison tree strategy.png
61KB, 1085x714px
>>31968542
For the battle tree Mimikyu, Ultra beast and Tapus can also replace one of the dragons if you wish.
>>
I can't beat the super battle maison. What's wrong with my team? I'm using:

Timid Protean Greninja with a life orb
moves: Dark Pulse, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Scald

Adamant Scrappy Mega Kangashkhan
Moves: Power up Punch, Fire Punch, Crunch, Thunder Punch

Adamant Gale Wings Talonflame with Charcoal
Moves: Brave Bird, U-Turn, Tailwind, Flare Blitz
>>
>>31971712
>Singles
Triples is much easier, plus you have more Poemon to act as a meatshield when you need to bring along your ribbon Pokemon.
>>
File: WIN_20170303_225147.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170303_225147.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>31971712
>>31971781

It depends honestly. I prefer doubles due to having more room to manage bad situations while having a decently fast battle.

Last time I went to the Maison I did it in ORAS, Multi and chose Steven as a partner. His Aerodactyl flinches and shits over everything while the Mega-Metagross came handy very often. In the ribbon battle you can even use your ribbon mon as a meatshield while your partner takes care of things.
This buddy here managed to do pretty well against the swords of justice and based Steven never let me down.
>>
In pokemon gale of darkness, if you defeat a trainer with shadow pokemon, Mirror B just happens to get it later right? Does this apply to ALL shadow pokemon, because I would rather just beat every trainer and then soft reset for the natures that I want.

I'm thinking of either a Snorlax or Moltres run.
>>
>>31974786
Mirror B. will have nearly all shadow mons you fail to catch, except Teddiursa and all 7 of Greevil's shadow mons (Greevil will always keep his until you catch them, and you're forced to catch Teddiursa in the beginning).
>>
>>31974827
Well that's good to hear. I'm also thinking about whether or not I should start with Adamant Umbreon. Can't remember if Synchronize works the way it does back then.
>>
>>31974786

Have fun resetting that way when the mon Miror B uses is random out of all the uncaught Shadow mons.
>>
>>31971830
What's a good team for doubles?
>>
File: 1487966629370.jpg (680KB, 850x833px) Image search: [Google]
1487966629370.jpg
680KB, 850x833px
>>31945050
It's always best to use your favourite Pokemon. I've got a lot of nostalgia for Pokemon Colosseum, so I'm transferring my old Umbreon and Espeon up the generations, trying to get as many ribbons as possible.
I've been thinking of doing the same for the rest of my Colosseum team, and Pokemon that I just like in general, but that's going to take a fucking lifetime.

What Ribbon Master mons do you guys have? I'd love to hear about them.
>>
Do any of you guys have a ribbon you try to get on every Pokemon you like? I really like the Battle Royal ribbon and I'm thinking about trying to get it on my favorites.
>>
>>31977011

Thanks to rainbow beans, I get the best friends ribbon with every mon I raise.
>>
File: 1481951077299.png (196KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481951077299.png
196KB, 960x960px
>>31975187
>What Ribbon Master mons do you guys have? I'd love to hear about them.

Shiny Gengar
Venusaur
Clefairy

They're all still on my sapphire version right now. Got all gen 3 contest, artist, effort, champion. and mt battle ribbons on all 3, but Venusaur and Gengar also have the lvl 50 tower ribbons. Not sure If I want to lvl them to 100 for the other tower ribbons(they're all at 68 right now) or just move them on up to gen 4. I tried emeralds open level battle tower but I keep getting BTFO'd in the 30's. I was considering r/s 100 tower since the AI in that tower is joke status, but I have no way to get wifi tower ribbon in gen 4 so I might just say fuck these tower ribbons.

>mfw in the late forties of r/s lvl50 tower the AI kept trying to toxic my venusaur and use normal type moves on gengar
>>
Do you think we'll eventually get the gen 4 games on a VC system and GF will reenable the wifi service?
>>
>>31978347
No, because gen 4 is already on the ds
>>
>>31978347
>>31979838
I want the gen 3 games on the VC but those can be played on a ds too.
>>
>>31979871
Probably meant they're games for the ds
>>
File: 1384658006052.png (147KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
1384658006052.png
147KB, 500x415px
>>31975187
I'm using Misdreavus (will be Mismagius when it reaches Gen 4) since it was my first favorite ghost type, and nowadays ghost is in my top 3 favorite types. I've already used it on 3 ingame/postgame teams of mine so it's not exactly an original choice, but I happened to roll an autisticly pleasing Colosseum trainer ID number and figured fuck, I might as well work on collecting all the ribbons on this bitch.
>>
>>31975100
Wew, I didn't expect this thread to still be alive.

I personally go with Greninja and Sylveon. Spam Hyper Voice while Greninja just deals with the most "troublesome" one. Usually those 2 do most of the work. If for some reason something gets fainted I had a M-Mawile and a Trick Roomer in the back. The AI can't deal with dual speed mode in a single team so it will often spit things like Aerodactyl and Jolteon to outspeed and try to fuck with Greninja only to be fucked in the ass by TR.

In fact, this works even with people in Battle Spot.
>>
>>31982133
Out of curiosity, what was the ID?
>>
>>31982275
My birthday is 6/6/19XX, and I like repeating digits, so it just felt right for a completely random chance ID.
>>
>>31957584
Is the Wifi mode ribbon from Gen 4 still available, with DS online shut down?
>>
>>31982332
If you have an AR/can patch ROMs, yes. See >>31956372
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.