[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a good fangame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (60KB, 433x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 433x389px
Is it a good fangame?
>>
Yes, it gets now updated regurarely, and they are going to add things. Also, Devs are amazing. If they they it's bad, they actually never played it and don't get updated ;)
>>
>>31944213
Yes, it is.
>>
No. It's a dumb meme and the only reason people care about it is because the devs faked a C&D because they weren't going to finish on time.
>>
>>31944274
When was the last update, and how are they distributing patches?
>>
>>31944391
You sound angry. Where did Prism touch you little boy?
>>
>>31944274
>Yes, it gets now updated regurarely, and they are going to add things.
Where?
>>
>>31944704
>>31944662

pokeprism . com and join Discord server if you want to ask Developers and something. We have now an online patcher
>>
It and Vega are the only romhacks that aren't just difficulty mods that I actually enjoyed.
>>
It's not clear enough where to go in certain parts.
>>
I was skeptical so I downloaded the new version that came out like 2 weeks ago

It's very good. Don't let the autistic nitpicks turn you off from it. It's really good for a fanmade
>>
The puzzles are a fucking pain.
>>
>>31944213
> It's really good for a fanmade

Why
>>
>>31944213
Technically speaking, it's a romhack, not a fangame.
>>
I remember liking it in high school, but playing it recently it's just typical edgy fangame shit. All the custom shit is neat, but it's bogged down by the fact that it doesn't feel like a pokemon game.
>>
File: 1488250896755.jpg (14KB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
1488250896755.jpg
14KB, 320x235px
>>31944213
It doesn't play properly on the everdrive so its automatically shit.
>>
>>31944213
Best ROMhack I ever played. It's not perfect or complete due to the C&D, but what's there is still great.
>>
>>31944213
First cave you enter and they already went overboard.
>>
>>31950873
It has a 2% encounter rate.
>>
>>31950925
Still is a pain in the ass to navigate not to mention the constant Pokecenter backtrack since the Power Rangers keep inflicting status conditions.
>>
>>31950975
Bring status healing items.
>>
Definitely. KoolBoyMan's games have this certain air that's unique. Almost like nostalgia, but it's not.
>>
>>31951132
I felt a ton of nostalgia with Prism personally, but that's just because Brown was the first ROMhack I ever played to completion. Revisiting Rijon in the postgame was a treat, made me feel like when I saw GSC Kanto for the first time, except without the surprise since I knew it was coming.
>>
Shill pls go
>>
>>31951126
No shit, Shillman.
Doesn't make it less annoying.
>>
>>31951276
How am I a shill? Status effects are nothing in Pokémon if you survive the battle. People are just too used to the casualized modern games.
>>
>>31944391
The creators of Uranium also did this. If you are going to make some shitty fan-game make it quickly or scrap it.
>>
Any other fangames worth playing besides Prism?
>>
>>31952097
Clover
>>
>>31952168
Pffft.
>>
>>31952168
This is ok
>>
>>31952168
Reborn xD
Am i right?
>>
>>31944391
>the devs faked a C&D
is this true or is this some sort of Nintendo shill apologist painting Nintendo in the right again?
>>
>>31955371
It's true.
>>
>>31952097
Clover and Vega
>>
>>31955392
source then?
>>
The initial leak was terribly bug ridden, but the patches that have come out have ironed out a lot of those.

However, horrid encounter rates, eevee sing squad (which should have just been solved by swapping charm and sing in eevee's learn set), post game still missing tons of planned features.

I would still wait to play it.
>>
>>31955493
>Eevee sing squad
They were pathetic. Burn the fuckers and see how they like stalling then. Shit, I got jumped by the porygon one first and I still didn't have too much trouble
>>
>>31955505
Even KBM thought it was a problem. Of course there's ways around it, but that doesn't mean it's not a needlessly tedious part, especially for how early it is in the game.
>>
>>31955528
I'm not seeing it. The only tedious part is the massive amounts of random encounters. The game hands you a cyndaquil, will-o-wisp and a rock type. I'd probably find charm just as obnoxious, maybe moreso because at least sing can miss. Charm forces you to switch out and let the eevee batter your whole damn team with adaptability quick attacks when you just want larvitar in to tank
>>
>>31955569
Like I said, of course there's ways around it, but I don't know why you're pretending cynda doesn't have a special move at that point. Effectively making charm a wasted turn.

That being said there's way more design issues with the game. After the elite 4, the level curve spikes 15 levels easy, and you can't just rebattle the elite 4 at that point. There's also zero good leveling spots save for one mediocre one in the entirety of rijon. Then the brain dead easy elite 4(ice beam on a mon and you win 4/5 fights). Then the no purpose infinite floor in the naljo ruins which flies against every single game that's had an infinite floor.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.