[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should this pokemon get a buff?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 239x210px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 239x210px
Torterra is an overall great pokemon but he has one crippling weakness, x4 weak to ice
>>
>>31943034
>Has a shell
>Has Shell Armor as a hidden ability
>Give it Shell Smash

Done. Above also applies to Samurott.
>>
Delibird
>>
>>31943164
Once again. Samurrot BATTLES with its Shell- It attack would also drop with Shell Smash.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (83KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
83KB, 800x800px
>>31943245
>Attack would drop with Shell Smash
>>
>>31943245
Why does it matter? When Samurott and it's pre evos shells are portrayed to break without intentionally breaking them? It was made to use this move.
>>
>>31943245
Or maybe it will just break the protection shells in its limbs, which would make it more limber at cost of reduced protection. Just a thought
>>
>It has a voice
>Give it Hyper Voice!
>It has the potential to become outraged
>Give it Outrage!
>It lives on a planet orbiting a moon
>Give it Moonblast!
/vp/ logic
>>
>he has one crippling weakness, x4 weak to ice
>not mentioning limited movepool options and just being overall a worse ferrothorn except stab earthquake so it's ok guys!!!
>>
You know if you smash a turtles shell, it fucking dies
>>
>>31943515
>a planet orbiting a moon
m8
>>
>>31943515
>planet orbiting a moon
>>
>>31944119
Every pokemon that currently gets shell smash would realistically die upon using the move except clamperl and cloyster (the shell and the body seem separated enough), dwebble and crustle (they just wear a shell, they aren't part of the body), minior (true body is below shell) and maybe shuckle too.
>>
>>31944343
well, not every pokemon then.
>>
>>31944452
What I'm trying to say is that there are more than would die than that would not, so using that reasoning is dumb.

Torterra should have it because it is slow shit, whereas blastoise getting it would be really scary. That's how I think shell smash should be distributed
>>
>>31943704
Its movepool is pretty good. What is really needs is Horn Leech. A shame a defensive Grass/Ground doesn't work as everyone runs Ice coverage
>>
Torterra should get a mega with grass/rock with solid rock for an ability
>>
Why not a Mega with some Ice absorption ability?
That way if someone hits it, it's Def/SpD goes up
>>
Give it Thick Fat and Shell Smash. It'll easily go to UU.
>>
>>31944119
It'll live for a bit and use that time to slit your throat with a broken piece of it's shell.
>>
File: 1473346988975.jpg (92KB, 700x583px) Image search: [Google]
1473346988975.jpg
92KB, 700x583px
>>31943034
Speaking as someone whose favorite Pokemon is Torterra, it's got a lot more crippling weaknesses than just a massive weakness to ice. Despite to being slow, its stats aren't actually that min-maxxed. It has 75 special attack and barely over 100 attack and defense, its best two stats. On top of that, grass/ground is a really awkward offensive typing, basically locking you into running a rock move if you want to use it without being forced to switch out every time you see a flying or bug type. This also means that it can't use its okay supporting movepool since you can only run one of rocks, synthesis or leech seed. If you're trying to use it offensively, this also means you have to choose between boosting an abysmal speed with rock polish or boosting your merely above average attack with swords dance. However, again, you're now completely losing out on recovery which you'll really need, seeing as one of your primary STAB moves hurts you (seed bomb is ass, you need all the bp you can get).

Shell smash would alleviate some of its problems, but then you'd be forced to choose between actually preserving its decent bulk with white herb or helping its power more with something like life orb or lum.

In summation: min max it more or give it shell smash or both if you really want to buff it. Otherwise, as is, it's pretty good in NU (or at least it was in gen 6).

Nice taste, by the way, OP. Have one of my favorite Torterra images.
>>
>>31943515
>a planet orbiting a moon
I got bad news famp
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.