[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /vp/ remember kanto?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: kanto_map_hd_by_jaime07-d69q1vi.png (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kanto_map_hd_by_jaime07-d69q1vi.png
152KB, 1920x1080px
hey /vp/

remember kanto?
>>
YES
YES I FUCKING REMEMBER KANTO
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FORGET THAT SHITTY REGION BECAUSE IT'S CONSTANTLY SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT ALL THE FUCKING TIME
I HOPE EVERYONE AT GAME FREAK DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH SO I NEVER HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT KANTO AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>31933955
I think he's lost it.
Not HazelDex level of losing but it's getting close.
>>
>>31933955
Calm down, bro. It's just a game.
>>
>>31933843
I can'to believe how bad they are shilling it. Is this because they are desperate to attract back old players after younger players are hopping on the Yokai Watch bandwagon?
>>
Imagine being so upset that people enjoy an older video game.
>>
>>31933955
But anon, Kanto started and expanded the series. You should be grateful for it.
>>
>>31933982
I dont mind nostalgia but they weent overboard with it so badly

The entire gen 6 and now gen 7 aswell is mainly nostalgia
XY - lots of Kanto sshilling
ORAS - Hoenn obviously
RBY on VC - Kanto obviousy
SM - Kanto again, even more than XY and doubled by Pokemon GO
>>
>>31933955
I read this in the voice of Rich Evans
>>
>>31933995
I didn't mind it so much in XY because
>Megas was their way of trying to breathe new life in older/weaker yet popular mons (Charizard is the biggest example)
>It was the first portable mainline 3D game so it was nice to see them get some focus
>after how Gen 3 treated them, I'm glad they just don't pretend previous gens don't exist

Doing it again in S/M was completely unnecessary though. I was hoping to see more Johto/Sinnoh representation this time with obvious focus still being on the new mons, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all
>>
>>31933843
How can I forget the second best region in the series?
>>
>>31933982
>Is this because they are desperate to attract back old players
No, it's because people love Kanto. Seeing it referenced makes them feel good, as almost everyone had fond memories of it. Seeing it be expanded with Alolan forms and older characters back makes them happy, knowing Kanto is still going strong and it makes the overall world feel more connected.
Only actual autists have problem with this.
>>
>>31934008
Same, it was ok in XY, in SM it felt like pushing it really hard
>>
>>31934032
I think that would be a fine excuse since Hoenn got their remakes, Sinnoh are getting something for sure and Unova it's too young, but Johto had to get some representation as well. It doesn't even have a famous character in Battle Tree. It only got the Sudowoodo blocking you, the Gyarados lake and Maile City.

And I'm sure Johto is loved just like Kanto is.
>>
>>31933982
it started back in gen5
>>
>>31934261
No it didn't? Unless you mean to say the PWT pandered to Kanto while blindly dismissing it pandering to every other successive region after Kanto as well.
No. It started because of the absurd backlash Gen 5 got, and now, in following games, from XY to SM, you can see GF is terrified to step too far out of line with Gen 1, and keep pushing it in their games in a desperate attempt to keep their series relevant, as they're too cowardly to stick to their own guns.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.