[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do a lot of people dislike Sinnoh games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Part 4.png (1MB, 696x964px) Image search: [Google]
Part 4.png
1MB, 696x964px
I actually like them a lot, but maybe that's because I grew up with them and gen 3. What went wrong with Part 4? Did Platinum fix it?
>>
Mainly for the limited pokemon and the slow engine. Platinum fixes the limited pokemon problem.
>>
>>31931813
Pretty much this
>>
>>31931507
is this perhaps a shout-out to the popular franchise "joey's not-so-normal journey?"
>>
>>31931507
Diamond and Pearl is rather boring; however, Platinum did fix it, but most people think it´s slow, personally I don´t mind, especially compared to the newest games which can be finished in 1/2 days easily.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Dunno, OP.
>>
>>31931507
>unnecessary gen I evos
>spikes everywhere/edgy design
>legendaries on legendaires on legnedaires
>first DS pokemon game looked like shit and was slow
>>
>>31933088
you're playing a game intended for children. don t act like you have anything better to do.
>>
File: Are allowed to post in a year.png (506KB, 1350x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Are allowed to post in a year.png
506KB, 1350x1066px
>>31931507
>>
>>31931998
When people say gen 4 is slow they mean how fast the game is actually running, not how much content it has.
>>
>>31933153
>When people say gen 4 is slow they mean how fast the game is actually running, not how much content it has.
What the fuck does this even mean? Do you hear people accuse the games of having a "slow amount of content"?
>>
Do people actively dislike it? I know people think it has issues, but most people I know like it.
>>
I honestly couldn't pinpoint my exact gripes because it's been a long fucking time, but Diamond was the game that basically killed my love of the series and even though I did play a few others it was purely going through the motions. I didn't get back into the series until X and Y for whatever reason. I think it mostly boiled down to being a lot more boring than the previous games, partially because I think it was this game where I started to really feel like it was getting stale compared to the others and partially because none of its gimmicks clicked unlike the previous ones, and having very few pokemon I actually liked. I mean, the first three gens and 6/7 I can find a lot to love. Gen 5 not so much but like I said it kinda passed by me. 4 I can name maybe three pokemon I actually liked and one of those was just the resident pikachu clone.
>>
>>31931813
>>31931998
>Platinum fixed it
True, Platinum did fix the slowness and piss-poor Pokémon distribution, but my main problem was the aesthetics of Sinnoh.
Hoenn was varied, vibrant and imaginative, and I felt Sinnoh was sort of the opposite, as if it was a remake with more colours slapped onto it.
The colouring itself is generally awful with that neon-green grass and grey/beige towns.
I am looking forward to a remake though because Sinnoh does have potential.
>>
>>31931507
Because it's fucking boring.
Other than the reasons everyone is pointing out, I hated the region itself. There were a shit ton of really long routes with one battle after another, and none of those battles were interesting or challenging so it made me hate battles altogether. I mean, before you even get to 3rd Gym, you go through 2 really long routes and has to fight Team Galactic twice. There was almost nothing to do but battles, and the battles were mindnumbingly easy and boring.

>inb4 contest
Those were a good way to distract yourself, but it was still overall shit with those dumb dance and dressing up parts.
>>
>>31933161
It means that the way >>31931998 worded their post came off as saying "slow=it takes a long time to beat/go through all the content" by dragging in the fact that newer games can be beaten in a day or two. It sounded like they were under the impression that people dislike gen 4 because the game is long rather than disliking it because the engine was shite which caused everything to drag on.
>>
The only good part of the entire region is the champion, and i'd rather not play 20-30 hours of bad gameplay just for one battle thats actually good.
>>
DP are sometimes boring with a shitty slow engine and such a piss poor Pokemon selection compared to any other game of the time. People complain about SM's selection, but it's nowhere near as bad as DP's. Platinum is just way better overall, but still suffers from the same Sinnoh issues that DP has.

Overall, while it brought me back into Pokemon because I had skipped Hoenn at the time, and added some good stuff like the special split, it felt like a boring slog of a region. I also felt it was the most stale, especially with the constant caves of Zubat and Geodude. It was the fourth generation of basically the same thing and really felt like going through the motions. There's a reason people like Gen 5 and it's because it felt more fresh and new and had new twists story and presentation wise.

I'm also not fond of Cyrus and Galactic as a whole. People really love Cyrus and I don't know why. He's better in Platinum by a long shot but his goal of making a world with "no emotion" just because he had a lonely childhood or some shit is so lame. It's like they tried to top the previous games and it came off as over the top. I appreciate Gen 5 for scaling these things down honestly.
>>
BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND TASTES AND PUT DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF IMPORTANCE ON FEATURES SUCH AS REGION MAP, DEX VARIETY, UI, CHARACTERS AND STORY

Fuck off with these stupid threads reeeeeee
>>
>>31931507

meh routes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.