[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Nintendo want to go balls to the wall with the Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.0.0.0.jpg (285KB, 1820x1213px) Image search: [Google]
NintendoSwitch_hardware.0.0.0.0.jpg
285KB, 1820x1213px
Does Nintendo want to go balls to the wall with the Nintendo Switch or will they let Game Freak continue to have their mainline Pokemon games exclusively for the 3DS?
>>
Pokemon is going to be on switch. The last major titles for switch will be monster hunter in march and then later DQ11 in japan.

3ds had a good run.
>>
Wasn't Gen VI made with the Switch in mind? Or is the lag due to GF giving no fucks whatsoever about optimization.
>>
>>31928032
I want nintendo to go ball in my throat with the switch
>>
>>31928072
It was made with something more powerful in mind considering their models are high poly.

That and in gen 7 following was very far along in implementation phase.
>>
>>31928059
EHEM

You are forgetting the most important title, Fire Emblem Echoes/Gaiden remake
>>
>>31928032
I hope not. I don't want the series to go to the next console until Gen 8.
>>
>>31928032
So... what are the odds of GF doing what Rockstar did with GTA V? The game ran with issues on the Xbox 360 and PS3 but after a year (or so) they re-launched it in PS4/X1/PC and focused on them while the older versions got fucked and left to oblivion while script faggots ruined the online.

What are the odds of jewtendo and GF doing the same thing? I mean, the game clearly has issues in the 3ds and they announcing it now would screw the sales of the 3ds versions. They can still milk the crap out of it and then have a new version on the Switch
>>
>>31928059
>thinking we won't get at least one more Pokemon game on the 3DS
>>
IGN: 3T
Deposited level 18 female in dusk ball
Default message.
Thanks!
>>
>>31929140
Wrong thread anon.
>>
We'll probably get one more 3DS title this or next year, then jump to Switch when Gen 8 happens, unless it underperforms horribly, then they'll try to salvage their work onto a hamfisted 3DS successor which in that scenario will also underperform horribly.

But I can't be certain of anything.

>>31928072
I honestly get the feeling lately from their general game design approach these past two generations and Gen VII running worse in the menus for no reason that they have some bullshit delusional "design" reason, like the game running at 7fps makes it look more like a TV anime, or they purposely used models much higher than the 3DS usually deals with to make them look as "2D" as possible instead of like polygons.

>>31928093
Is there actually proof it was for following and not just that they initially planned for Pelago to display models at all times instead of menu sprites or for everything to appear with the Poke Finder?
>>
>>31928072
It was made with the fact that you were going to buy it anyways in mind
>>
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/24/tsunekazu-ishihara-talks-about-the-pokemon-franchise-on-nintendo-switch/

"Pokemon has been about portable, but now there is the Switch which is a portable home console so it has a bigger screen and high specs than were used to. Apart from main games, we make stuff like Pokken and Dungeon so I am thinking we should make games that suit the switch from among the games were making but at this time I cannot confirm any projects"

Basically, they feel the Switch's specs are too high to put a mainline Pokemon game on.
>>
>>31928072
>>31928093
>>31929164
apparently they made super high quality 3d models because they wanted them to be futureproof and usable for the next several gens without needing to be updated
>>
>>31928032
I say give it a year or so. There'll be something.
Probably.
>>
>>31930561
>2K quads/4K tris per model
>Super high quality
>>
File: 1455846354320.jpg (236KB, 550x598px) Image search: [Google]
1455846354320.jpg
236KB, 550x598px
>>31930534
They're complaining that a console has too much power? The fuck?
>>
>>31930622
Probably the fact that the specs they're used to would look bad on the Switch compared to other games on it, like Zelda.
>>
>>31930622
>we dont want to work that hard
>>
We're not getting a mainline Pokémon game for at LEAST another 3 years. Mark these words. As of right now they aren't even developing anything, not for 3DS, not for Switch... fuck, not even for Virtual Console. We will get nothing but spinoffs that in no way connect to the mainline games, and have GO get a fee more updates. Prepare for a barren few years anons
>>
>>31930622

Not to mention complaining that the Switch is too powerful is like complaining that the Xbox is too Japanese.
>>
>>31930534
Cof cof

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team DS 11/17/2005
Pokémon Ranger DS 03/23/2006
Diamond/Pearl DS 09/28/2006

Super Pokémon Rumble 3DS 08/11/2011
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity 3DS 11/23/2012
Pokémon X/Pokémon Y 3DS 10/12/2013
>>
Next game will be on the 3DS still and following games on the new HDS
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.