[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/stall/ - stalling general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: skarmbliss.png (61KB, 395x259px) Image search: [Google]
skarmbliss.png
61KB, 395x259px
Stall is a topic that is discussed enough to get its own general on /vp/.
>>
Oh, good.
I get to be the Devil's (HO?) Advocate.

*Clears throat*

STALL FUCKING SUCKS!!1
>>
i don't like how dependent on m-sableye stall is

i want to experiment with shit like mega blastoise stall but sableye is so fucking good you just can't run stall without it
>>
>>31927789
You can. That's as close-minded as saying that stall also completely depends on Chansey.
>>
>>31927810
OK.
I'll go ahead and build my Mega-Blastoise / Shedinja / Pachirisu stall team, then.
fucking moron
>>
I don't like stall.
>>
>>31927835
Non-virgins need to get off my board. Yes, morons count as people.
>>
>>31927855
>i need to get off 'my' board.
ftfy.
>>
>>31927810
It does. Without Sable, Rocks ARE going up against Stall, period. Stall is too passive to stop even a defensive hazard set. And once rocks/spikes are up, Stall cores crumble, because they rely on switches between dedicated walls and healing to stay up.
>>
>>31927876
just use defog :^)
>>
>>31927810
>>31927855
>>31927933
ITT: faggots talking about stall who have never played (or played against) stall.
>>
File: apustaja.png (167KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
apustaja.png
167KB, 659x525px
If you like stall you have autism. Period.
>>
>>31928025
Frogposters are the only ones worse than stallfags.
>>
>>31927763
Stall war masters > brainless HO savages
>>
>>31927950
>ITT I fall for every single bait post

ftfy
>>
>>31927763
How has your recent game of solitaire going bros? This guy sent in his Landorus so I sent in Quag, the god that I am. If only he was SD Rocks Landorus, Sub DD Mega Gyara, and Shed Shell Lele he could've EASILY 6-0d my team but alas he sucks at teambuilding.
>>
Stall is cancerous as fuck, but I still feel the need to build a team around it. What's the top tier cookie cutter stall team these days?
>>
Can't https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjBq96gs7HSAhUL9YMKHSGXC1wQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deviantart.com%2Ftag%2Fmegaaggron%3Foffset%3D50&bvm=bv.148073327,d.amc&psig=AFQjCNH8XfoJ7bf1h29M1PKy6eSkMOvLMQ&ust=1488323482328523outstall le w a l l
>>
10 MORE MINUTES MOM
>>
how does a faggot post images on this stupid site
>>
>>31927776
Devil's avocado
>>
stall wouldn't be such a pain in the ass if taunt wasn't affected by magic bounce
>>
>>31928720
>>31928724
Just get out, it's embarassing.
>>
File: just right.png (324KB, 1202x892px) Image search: [Google]
just right.png
324KB, 1202x892px
>>31928703

stall breaker gliscor
stall breaker heatran (dugtrio bait)
togekiss
sub seed serperior
tapu fini
shed shell/twisted spoon tapu lele
banded tyranitar (dugtrio bait)
swords dance alolan marowak
protean greninja
nasty plot hoopa unbound (dugtrio bait)

that's all I got off the top of my head but you should remember that running a team of these guys won't mean you instantly 6-0 stall
you need the skill to beat it
>>
File: 1486339175721.png (595KB, 1748x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1486339175721.png
595KB, 1748x1328px
>>31928703
Whatever ABR is using these days.
>>
>>31928724
>>
>>31927763
stall that aims to close out a game by koing your team as soon as possible via wearing down/hazards/status is ok

stall that aims to be 100% passive and win by not losing should be broken down
>>
>>31928870
Why does mega sableye's ruby says "fuck fairies" if fairies fuck on him mostly?
>>
>>31928703
Shedinja, Togkeiss with Defog, and Mega Sableye is the main core. Next add a Ground-water type (Quagsire or Seismatoad are best, Quag if you fear setup sweepers, Toad if you fear Rotoms) a reliable taunt user that can beat Clefable (used to be Talonflame but that's dead in the water, have had limit success with Crobat) and finally Dugtrio with a Focus sash for taking care of Stallbreakers.

Keep the hazards away with Sableye and have Togekiss use Defog if they do go up. Enjoy walling stuff with Shedinja to oyur heart's content. This team does exceptionally well against rain teams.

Second most cookie-cutter stall, a bit more well-known because it was popular in previous gens:
Skarmory/Chansey core with Slowbro and Amoongus for Regenerator nuisance shenanigans (might want to use Toxapex instead of Slowbro these days...) Round it out with Heatran and whatever win condition you fancy and you're set to play gen-5 "Classic" stall with a FWG core, Skarm, and Chansey. This setup walls most threats but has trouble with certain setup sweepers and certain mixed attackers.
>>
You'll never guess it! This guy has out a Greninja, so I switch into my Chansey! Then he decides to switch out into his Meragross, so I go into my mega Sableye! He then tries to counter with his Tapu Fini, but I'm one step ahead and already into Toxipex! This tomfoolery causes him to send in his landorus, so I easily go out into Skarmory! After that, I go back to Sableye, and bounce back his rocks! It was such an epic troll! Finally, by turn 80, I click on my first attacking move and knock out his Meragross after trapping it with Dugtrio! Then the guy doesn't even have the patience to play the rest of the battle! Such an epic win!!!
>>
Every day I feel myself growing closer to the darkness. Day 1 I was an Offense fag, but now I find myself building stall teams finding out how to shut down the metagame and make people forfeit. I'm afraid it might be too late for me.
>>
Is it considered rude to craft a disgusting stall team in order to win a friendly pokemon tournament at my school?
>>
>>31932396
Dude go for it it's viable and requires more skill than any of those fucking offense fags could ever have.
>>
>>31932396
keep in mind people can't deck you in the face on showdown but can in real life
>>
Stalin was a staller
>>
My pref stall is Coil on Serperior with Synthesis Leaf Blade and Leech Seed. Prefed Jolly
>>
somewhat unrelated question but can mega sableye work on bulky offense and balance or is it pretty much restricted to stall?

I want to use my bro but it doesn't seem bulky enough to take on anything without 5 other fatasses he can switch into even with a calm mind set
>>
I don't use a stall team but
>Stall is bad
>PP exists and is a good game mechanic
How do you reconcile these two viewpoints

Stall is neither good or bad, it just is
>>
>People legitimately thinking stall takes skill to pull off
>All these posts going unanswered
I guess stall truly is the most cancerous meta there is out there.
>>
>>31927835
Yeah of course shitmons don't perform well in OU
>>
>>31933122
have you ever seen stall vs stall where neither of them want to lose. 2000+ turn matches because 95% of turns are switching.
>>
>>31933023
I've heard it can.
Is there even a difference between bulky offense and balance?
>>
>>31933452
Bulky offence is 6 fat tanks launching big attacks and setting up as they please.
Balance is a mix of playstyles, maybe a chansey+skarm core and then a lele+phero offensive core to pair with it, throw in some mentum and you're golden.
>>
bump for stall
>>
>>31928657
kek
>>
>>31928847
Can you read?
>>
I think stall is fine when you are being a try hard and want to rack up those points on the ladder, but if I'm just dicking around trying to have fun, I'm going to quit everytime I see Sableye and Chansey. Just isn't fun.
>>
>>31933023
Calm Mind mega sableye is great on Balance teams, usually as a late game finisher. Choice band Scizor is a good teammate. It kills fairies and can U-turn around so you can send in Sabelye without wasting a turn switching and still doing damage.

Ironically enough, if you can kill off an enemy stallfag's fairies, Calm Mind Mega Sabeleye is a pretty potent stallbreaker. Magic Bounce with recovery is really, really hard for Stall to scratch.
>>
fuck dugtrio
>>
File: yall_are_stupid.png (164KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
yall_are_stupid.png
164KB, 500x324px
Or you can all leave OU (aka stall ubers) and play the superior UU format, where we have none of these problems.
>>
>>31934994
Stall has frequently been topping the UU ladder
>>
>>31927876
And that is why Stall is a shitty, lazy playstyle.

Game Freak just needs to make a Pokemon specifically created to fuck over Stall without being banned by smogon. Give it an ability that makes opposing Pokemon only able to use attacking moves and Stall would crumble like a cookie.
>>
>>31932427
tell me how is:
>let me just switch out to a pokemon that can tank your hit ! lol im a troll
any form of skill ?
>>
>>31935069
Espeon
>>
>>31935069
Ah Taunt, the thing that completely destroys Sableye.
>>
>>31935442
Nope. You can still use Defog.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.