[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Why are these games so hated. Loved them
>>
File: 1467304550130.jpg (14KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1467304550130.jpg
14KB, 300x317px
So how many replies is this thread going to get?
>>
>>31926819
Games are good
>>
>>31926819
Enough
>>
Cutscenes
>>
t. gf
>>
Cinematic elements new to the main series lend to the player feeling more attached to the characters.
>>
File: 1482274263000.png (17KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1482274263000.png
17KB, 645x773px
>>31926954
tfw. no gf
>>
>inb4 the "Sonic 06" faggot appears and ruins this thread
>>
>>31926796
I really liked it on my first playthrough, but with little to do in post game and the game being a little too slow for a second playthrough, let's just say I can't wait for the next Pokemon game.
>>
>>31927008
He had to be a falseflagging dumbass who got bored and went back to /v/. Nobody seriously believes that, not even S&M haters
>>
>Bought it launch day
>Still haven't gotten around to finishing it
I think I'm just about to go to the Megamart place to battle Acerola? Haven't touched the game in a while though so I can't remember now. I do love the game, but my brain just doesn't want to stay committed right now if that makes sense.
>>
>>31926796
It's shit and you should know why
>>
if you don't see what's wrong with them the first time just replay them and you'll understand
>>
>>31927008
i have ptsd does that guy still come here?
>>
>>31926999
>tfw no one loves you
>>
>>31927132
>Nobody seriously believes that, not even S&M haters
because even SM haters (like me) find something good about the games.
>>
>>31926999
tfw bf who looks like a girl

close enough
>>
>>31927263
I'm glad you can find at least some enjoyment in it anon. Hope the next installments are more to your liking.
>>
>>31926796
I liked them on first play through and then after playing it again I realized it wasn't as good as I thought. Has some good ideas that aren't executed well but muh cutscenes, tutorial island, and Lillie imo harm the gameplay.
>>
>>31926796
Most of the cases, people setting the bar too high.
Some people wanted challenge but they forgot that this game is suppose to be beatable by a small child, so unless you're playing with nuzlocke rules you're not gonna get it.
Other people wanted 100+ pokemon, and then when they saw the leaks they got mad and played the game with a bad mood.
Other people just doesn't like story in their ''cock fighting'' simulator, so when they got so much unskippable cut scenes they raged.

>>31927168
>I do love the game, but my brain just doesn't want to stay committed right now if that makes sense.
I had the same problem with dark souls II, i loved the game and got really far, i even made a second character to try other things, but then i just stopped playing, i have yet to finish the game.
>>
>>31927290
i like some characters, some pokemon and removal of the HMs....and that's it.

i really don't like where series is heading with it's DUDE KANTO LMAO and removal of stuff like gyms, bikes and national dex.

it's like they tried to fix what wasn't broken.
>>
>>31927168
I just finished it like a week ago after buying it on launch day. In my case, it's because I had blown through Y and Alpha Sapphire and completed my Pokedex about a month before it launched, so I was pretty burned out on Pokemon by the time I got around to playing it.

I still like it a lot. It's not perfect, but I think it's the best "first installment in the generation" game we've had since Gold and Silver.
>>
>>31927378
>it's like they tried to fix what wasn't broken.
this

it's like they read all the complaints about the series being stale and samey and then proceeded to change all the things that didn't need changing
>>
>>31927378
>removal of stuff like gyms, bikes and national dex.
>it's like they tried to fix what wasn't broken.
I like trails better than gyms, in a sense they're gyms but more varied and fun, about the bike i didn't play ORAS, but tauros seems to be just as good as a bike if not better for the fact that now we don't have a grid so i can go in whatever direction i want.

i don't know why people are losing their minds over the lack of a national dex, i guess it's lame that they took out something that has been there for so long, but it barely has any effect on the game and the pokebank has a ''national pokedex''
>>
I only had a few major problems with the games. For one, the Trials were a good idea, but not only did they start getting real lazy with them by the halfway point, with Acerola being the last good one, but the Totem Pokemon themselves should have been designed as proper bosses, instead of regular Pokemon with a free stat boost. They should have had like three times the HP and more than four Moves available, maybe with some gimmicks like multiple weak points or a move that temporarily turns it into an inverse battle or something. Just do something neat with the concept, you know?

I also really fucking hated the distribution of wild Pokemon. Every goddamn area in the game has like a 40% chance of a Wingull, 40% Yungoos/Rattata, and a 5% chance of something actually unique. The best part of XY was that it was legitimately exciting to find a new route, because there'd always be tons of Pokemon unique to that spot for you to find. In SM I ended up avoiding random encounters lie the plague and looked up Serebii to see if it was worth grinding a spot in advance.
>>
>>31927493
Different guy, but removing the National Dex in-game is mostly a pain in the ass because unless you arrange all your Pokemon in National Dex order in your PC, and you're trying to Catch 'Em All, you can't easily tell what you're missing.
>>
>>31926819
3 or 4
>>
>>31927518
>you're trying to Catch 'Em All
ah, that explain it.
I couldn't get myself to even try that because of how hard to find some pokemon are, i completed the SM pokedex, but it feel more like a chore than a challenge to me.
>>
File: Cena likes shorts.jpg (20KB, 303x350px) Image search: [Google]
Cena likes shorts.jpg
20KB, 303x350px
Obvious bait. Sun/Moon are interactive movies, not games.
>>
>>31927563
I didn't bother up until I played Alpha Sapphire. I hadn't tried to fill a Pokedex since Silver, but I caught whatever I found and had kept transferring them, so by the time I was done AS I was only missing like a hundred and I figured may as well.
>>
>>31926796
Because most of the basic video game aspects that these offer are the worst the series has had to offer yet.

Level design, writing and auxiliary features chief among them while graphics is the biggest exception.
>>
>>31927442
with the exception of HMs everything was fine about the previous games
>>31927493
bikes were fastest mode of transportation.
gyms were less mindless than trials but you actually fought someone instead of doing fetch quests or pressing a to pound
national dex actually helped to catch pokemon that wasn't in the regional dex.

also they could have replaced HMs without getting rid of bikes but they didn't for some stupid fucking reason.
>>
>>31926796
The games are fine, /vp is just a cesspool of self entitled man children.
>>
>>31928275
....yeah, pretty much this.
>>
>>31928235
>bikes were fastest mode of transportation.
Since i didn't play ORAS i wouldn't know, but the flying points are really well placed, so once you get charizard you're pretty well covered, and i think Tauros is fast enough.
>gyms were less mindless than trials but you actually fought someone instead of doing fetch quests or pressing a to pound
That's what people love about trails, that it just wasn't 8 buildings that were nothing but defeat these 3 trainers and then press these switches and the ''puzzle'' is now done and you can fight the gym leader.
Though i think that both could coexist and i wouldn't mind gyms coming back in the future.
>>
>>31926796
They kind of shove cutscenes down your throat and after a while it made me come to resent some of the characters.
They should have been more sparing with that, rather than forcing me to interact with people I didn't like. Other games do this, older pokemon games even, but holy shit Sun/Moon is bad about doing this and often.

Between that and the kinda bland/waiting for third version map design the region felt really empty.

And then they removed the fucking national dex.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.