[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Typing buffs which need to happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

Ice should resist Water, Ground, and Dragon

Normal should resist and be super effective against Fairy ("Everytime a child says 'I don't believe in fairies' there is a a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead." Normal Types are boring and plain, so wouldn't believe in fairies.)

Grass isn't resisted by Flying and is immune to Toxic, and isn't weak to Bug.

Steel is super effective on Grass.
>>
>>31926393
>Ice Should Resist Water, Ground, Dragon.
Water and Ground, fine. Dragon is ok from a balance perspective, but doesn't make sense imo.
>Normal resists and is SE on Fairy
Makes sense, even though I don't want a fairy nerf it is probably needed.
>Grass isn't resisted by Flying and is Immune to Toxic, not weak to bug.
All of this is wrong.
>Steel is Super Effective on Grass
Ok, I guess? Kinda like Ice Resisting Dragon imo.
>>
>>31926393
>Ice resists Water, Poison, and Electric
>Water is weak to Poison and resisted by Poison types
>Grass resists Fighting
>>
>>31926393
>Water and Ground resist
Agreed.

>Normal SE on Fairy
No. Completely foregoes the entire point when every dragon can run a 102 power return for outrage counters. 4drag1Mag1Norm, no thanks. Fairy being weak to bug or grass or something is a lot better.

>making steel better
no.

agreed on the rest of grass, though.
>>
>>31926393
>>31926505
All of this is retarded and doesn't make sense
>>
Fire is no longer weak to Rock and there's a TM for Lava Plume that most Fire-types can use.
>>
>>31926393
Ice resists Fairy and Dragon. Fairies now resist Dragon instead of being outright immune to it.

Bugs are SE against Fairies.
>>
>>31926568
Also retarded.

>ice resists water, ground, and flying
>fairy is now weak to bug, grass resists it
>grass is no longer weak to flying
>water is now weak to poison, electric also resists water
>steel is now weak to electric
>>
>>31926393
>Ice should resist Water, Ground, and Dragon
I think it should resist water, flying and ground.

>Normal should resist and be super effective against Fairy
I think a type that was weak to normal would be almost useless, even a type as good as fairy, because literally everything relevant would have access to a 102 SE hit on said type, at the very least. Some things might actually start packing giga impact/hyper beam simply to one-shot fairy counters at a given time in battle, and running fairies would be worse than running non-fairies with fairy coverage like dazzling gleam. Kinda like how running water types with ice coverage is sadly better than running ice types at all.

I do like the idea of normal resisting something tho, it'd be interesting if it resisted fairies because normal people don't believe in magic, and also because normal would then have one of everything: 1 weakness, 1 immunity, 1 resistance.

>Grass isn't resisted by Flying and is immune to Toxic, and isn't weak to Bug
I probably would preffer to give grass more resistances instead of removing weaknesses to being with. Grass being resistant to fairy (nature resists natural magic) and rock (roots can pierce their way through rocks or concrete if needed) would be good enough

Also bug doesn't need the nerf, and toxic should definitely affect grass types if poison is still SE on it. If anything, toxic should be limited to pokemon that are either true poison types, ninja-related, or have the speed or stealth to pull off a 400-year old ninja technique. Everything else should rely on poison gas, poison powder and stuff.

>Steel is super effective on Grass
I understand where you come from but grass doesn't need to be worse and scizor, excadrill, aegislash and celesteela do not need to be better.
>>
>>31926393
Ice resists water and ground.
Water weak to poison,
Fairy and fire lose their bug resist
Fairy weak to grass and maybe grass resists fairy too
Fairy resists ghost though
>>
Make Bug deal neutral damage to fairies. It's all I want.
>>
>>31926584
It makes more sense than ice resisting water.
>>
>>31926563
Fire keeps rock weakness but stealth rock is removed and spikes now hit all Pokemon. All pokes that could learn stealth rock can now learn spikes
>>
>>31926393
Psychic should be immune to ground, because psychic power alow to levitate.
>>
>>31926393
>ice
>not resisting flying, ground, and fairy
stop
>>
>>31926641
I don't care about SR. I just think Fire should be buffed. Rocks being strong on Fire make no sense. Buff Rock-type in some other way, but make it not SE on Fire.
>>
>>31926584
>fairy is now weak to bug
>making u-turn spam even worse
>benefiting the best u-turn spammers (that not necessarily have to be bug types) rather than actual bugs by making it resistant to fairy instead

Everything else you said could work, although I have my doubts about pushing electric so much. Having a single weakness AND resisting water AND hitting steel super-effectively might be a bit more than it deserves, considering that covering that ground weakness is not difficult to begin with, and electric types usually are fast and have good special attack.
>>
>>31926657
Fire doesn't even need a buff, it's not a bad typing.
>>
>>31926393
>Ice should resist Water, Ground, and Dragon
Retarded.
>Normal should resist and be super effective against Fairy
Retarded
>Grass isn't resisted by Flying and is immune to Toxic, and isn't weak to Bug.
Retarded
>Steel is super effective on Grass.
The only sensible suggestion.
>>
>>31926657
I don't care about what makes sense. I want balance. Fire already has a shit ton of resists and is great offensively. Stealth rock is what's fucking over fire types
>>
>>31926704
Ice types are awful defensively, and those three types are already very powerful.
>>
>>31926704
Are you retarded? Making grass even more shit and further buffing the offensive capability of the type that's already the best defensively? im guessing you play ingame exclusively
>>
>>31926393
>Grass isn't weak to bug
Bug offensively is then nerfed to oblivion. Nope.
>Steel is Super Effective on grass
NO.

>>31926505
>Ice resists Electric
I don't see the logic behind it. But I don't really see the problem. still NO tho.
>Poison resist water
Haha nope. Not sure if this was a meme.
>Grass resist fighting
Fighting is in a shite situation already. So nooope.

>>31926584
>Bug is super effective on Fairy bur not very effective on Grass.
I see the balance. Not the logic. I'll give it a pass.
>Water is now weak to poison and resisted by electric
No. Why you nerf water so much? . . . . IS water weak to poison really a meme?
>Steel is now weak to electric
Okay. Yes.

>>31926601
>Water weak to poison.
STOP THIS MEME. REEEEEE!!!
>Fairy and Fire lose their bug resist
Change fire to ghost. Then I'm down. Too many type resist bug in the first place.
>Fairy weak to and is resisted by grass.
Somehow I'm okay with this.
>Fairy resist ghost though.
Okay. Not enough pokemon resist ghost anyway.
>>
>>31926393
>Ice needs a buff
Go to hell.

Why would grass be immune to pests and poison? Literally the shit that kills it irl. Steel weakness makes sense but
>Nerfing grass
Go to hell

I like the fairy thing.
>>
Ice should have more good pokemon not more Resistances
>>
>>31926393
The only change that's needed is the following:

Bug supereffective against Fairy

Grass immune to Fairy
>>
Make Dragon super effective on ground.
Meta fixed.
/Thread
>>
>Ice 2xdamage against psychic and fighting.
Coz brainfreeze to psychic, frostbite to fighting.
>Poison 1/2damage against Dragon.
Coz Dragon resists to blights.
>Dragon 2damage Normal. Then, Fairy 1/2damage Normal.
Coz Dragon is bad to people, and fairy is good to people. I meant in movies, novels, games, etc.
>Rock normal damage from Ground and against Ground.
Coz they're the same thing technically, why ground stronger?
>Grass now heals off non-volatile status(burn,par,psn) after random number of turns.
Coz they're plant -they just grow, you kno.

Tell me why I'm autistic plz.
inb4, you're in 4chan anon
>>
-Ice resists Water. It is OP as an offensive type but this gives it serious and useful defensive buffs without making it OP defensively.
-Bug hits Fairy, Fighting, and Ghost normally. It is no longer useless as an offensive type.
-Psychic is super-effective against and resists Fairy. This gives Psychic needed buffs while allowing Bug and Dark to shine a bit more.

You're welcome /vp/.
>>
>>31927250
Oh:
-Rock types gain a 10% accuracy buff for using Rock-type moves, giving an incentive to use them despite being semi-poor defensively.
>>
>>31927292
Nice idea, but accuracy buffs don't help. If you're in a timeline where Stone Edge misses, you're in a timeline where Stone Edge misses.
>>
>>31927250
>Bug hits Fairy, Fighting, and Ghost normally. It is no longer useless as an offensive type
only if Fighting is either neutral or SE to bugs that are easily squished
>>
>this many people are ok with ice resisting water
are you all fucking retarded? water breaks down ice, it makes no sense to have ice resist water
>>
>>31926393 Not normal. Psychic. The mind knows its make believe. Also psychic should deal neutral or super effective against steel since they bend spoons.
>>
>>31927457
>implying icecucks care
>>
File: Junichi_Masuda.png (243KB, 269x395px) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_Masuda.png
243KB, 269x395px
Water should be super effective against steel desu
>>
File: O'Hare.png (122KB, 377x364px) Image search: [Google]
O'Hare.png
122KB, 377x364px
>>31927608
Why?
>>
File: masuda.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
masuda.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>31927619
Because I said so
>>
>>31927457
Pretty much, ice fags are beyond retarded.

Specific heat is the most important water trait the amount of energy water can store and the huge resistance it has to lose said energy means ice will melt in contact unless at least 16 times the energy stored is transfered as heat to the system.

It's incredibly hard to freeze water, but stupidly easy for ice to gain energy and thus melt.

Water should actually be super effective vs ice.
>>
>>31927619
Because steel rusts in water, I guess
>>
>>31927635
This anon is right
>>
>>31927801
Boats though.
>>
>>31926393
Ice
>Resists Flying and Ground

Fairy
>Resisted by Grass
>Hit neutrally by Bug

Steel
>Hit neutrally by Psychic

Rock
>Resists itself
>>
>>31928171
Fairy should be the one resisted by ice, also fairy type was introduced to nerf u turn by adding another resistance to it.
>>
>>31928171
steel should still resist psychic because muh cant see through lead meme
>>
>>31927635
>Ice should be weak to water
Great. Make one of the most op and pandered types even stronger while nerfing one of the weakest and least pandered type, solely to make Pokemon (where 34 kg egg can cause earthquakes and where plants can run faster than a tiger) more realistic.

Watercucks need to be gassed.
>>
Fairies should not resist bugs.
Ice should have some resistances. Water, Ground, maybe flying. It can lose one if it's SE offenses, preferably against grass.
Water needs to be nerfed defensively, too. Maybe add Poison weakness.
Poison is probably the worst typing, but I don't know how to further buff it. Maybe introduce a move that would be SE against steel and give it wide distribution against poison types.
Grass needs a buff as well. Maybe make it resist rock? But then, I don't think rock should be nerfed.
Steel is a tad too strong. Maybe psychic resistance should be removed.
I think ground is a bit too powerful, too.
>>
>>31927635
I mean you can try to make the type chart realistic, but you're gonna have a bad time doing so past the simple ones like water turning ice into more water.

If fire can resist bug and electric can resist flying, then there is enough justification for ice resisting water.

Ice types might have nothing to do with solid water and be called ice types simply because they're so cold that they can turn things to ice or solidify them beyond their optimal state (including freezing air, which could explain a potential flying resist, creating permafrost, which could explain a potential ground resist, etc.). Ice types embody cold, and if the water coming liquid out of a hose can instantly turn to ice upon entering in contact with a super cold environment, so could an ice type resist water moves.

Not saying it would make absolute sense, but it doesn't have to.
>>
>>31926393
>Steel is super effective on Grass.
buffing steel is a wonderful idea haha
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.