[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do your parents think about Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1376329106449.jpg (615KB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1376329106449.jpg
615KB, 1181x1181px
What do your parents think about Pokemon?
>>
>>31926217
>"waste of time and pikachu is cute I guess it looks like our dog"
Summed it up for you.
>>
>>31926217
Nothing special. Just another one of the games I play. My family don't care about what type games I play.
>>
>>31926217
>at least you're not doing drugs, but when are you going to introduce me a fiancé?
>>
File: 1488039207594[1].jpg (22KB, 570x570px)
1488039207594[1].jpg
22KB, 570x570px
My mom isn't a fan, but she finds some of them cute/cool (Zorua, Lillipup, Purrloin, Shaymin, Rowlet, Fennekin, Eevee). She's accepting of it and doesn't really mind that I'm obsessed with it. Very grateful.
>>
>>31926217
My mom likes the Vulpix line. Other than that, she's a bit indifferent about it.
My dad hoped I would quit Pokemon in my teens but I didn't.
>>
>>31926217
they don't really care, and rightfully so
but at the same, I don't constantly bring it up like an autist, so it's not like they have a reason to care
>>
File: comfy borb.jpg (6KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
comfy borb.jpg
6KB, 250x234px
>>31926217
Well, my grandma knows that I play it and gets me Pokemon things for my Birthday and Christmas. (PJ bottoms, T shirts and such.) And when there's a Pokemon article in a newspaper or magazine, she'll usually show it to me.

She loves owls so I let her nickname my Rowlet in Sun because I couldn't think of anything.
>>
My parents got into it too. I still remember putting my dad's Red cartridge into my gameboy and being shocked that he caught Mewtwo before me.

After gen one they stopped playing but don't mind my continued love of the franchise. Good shit.
>>
My mother still plays Go on an active basis so she likes it enough to stay interested in Go. She also liked the first Pinball game when it was still hot.
My father is indifferent about it. Not interested in the series, I'm not sure if he could even name Pikachu, but doesn't mind my interest in the series.
>>
My dad thinks Pokemon go is the devil. Inof Pokemon go is the government's way of tracking phones.
My mom knows I could name all of the Pokemon. Also she is kind of responsible for me even getting into the show because she got the VHS's for me from Blockbuster when i was a kid.
>>
File: 1483079974987.png (235KB, 580x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483079974987.png
235KB, 580x720px
>>31926217
My mom loves puzzle games so we used to play Puzzle League together. My mom would also watch the anime with me so she knows most if not all of the Pokemon from Kanto and Johto. Dad didn't really care about Pokemon but we were both great at CTR so we'd race each other constantly.

Overall, they knew how much I love video games and just counted Pokemon as one of the series I follow.
>>
>>31926217
They took it away from me after I kept telling them I wanted tendies. I got the last laugh when I destroyed the living room.
>>
>>31926217

Like it.
>>
They don't mind it me playing it all, but my mother loves Pokemon Go. Her favorites are Poliwhirl and Jynx.
>>
File: 1482449806141.png (22KB, 151x153px) Image search: [Google]
1482449806141.png
22KB, 151x153px
>>31926217
They don't give a damn that I like it and play it, much like they don't give a damn that I play a lot of other videogames. They aren't into it at all, so they probably don't even remember it's called Pokemon in the first place. Not like they should, anyway.
>>
>>31926217
>"Oh, you want pokemon again? Haha, sure"
That's what my dad said when I wanted SM because I'm still a freshman in college and you know how parents will always see you as their little boy/girl so I think it's not so bad that they think it's still for children if that's what makes them happy.
>>
>>31926217
Mother likes it and would be fine talking about them but doesn't keep up with any of it nor displays any real interest for the series.
>>
My parents only know pokemon from pokemon go, other than i have no idea for i don't go to talk to them about pokemon.
>>
>>31926217
You know, after tasting how sweet and sugary ketchup is, I'll bet many Japanese people actually do assume that Americans use it as a dessert topping.
>>
>>31926217
>I dont care, just finish your degree
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.