[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some examples of story and gameplay segregation in Pokémon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: oranguru.png (261KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
oranguru.png
261KB, 600x356px
What are some examples of story and gameplay segregation in Pokémon?
>>
Shedinja's hole
>>
>>31925540

Vulpix being born with only one tail
>>
you serious? it's all over the place bruh. I suppose the most obvious example would be
"Pokemon are our friends!" now get rid of them and replace them with objectively superior specimens
>>
>>31925540
>Pokemon are our friends!
>Unless they aren't shiny and don't have perfect IVs, fuck that, I'm gonna breed 50 of this kind and 49 will never see a single battle in their life.
>>
>>31925540
"Tall" grass having lots of Pokémon even if it looks like nothing could hide in it.
>>
>>31925805
I love how this game series is all like "I'm just a child, but with the power of friendship, me and my pokemon can take down a criminal syndicate" and at the time encourages you to breed fighters for the sole purposes of war, while throwing away everything with inferior genes.

Competitive Pokemon is basically Warhammer 40k.
>>
>>31925540
The pokedex is written by ten year olds, so nothing in there is true. Macargo being hotter than the surface of the sun, >>31925656, Marowak dying when it breeds, etc.

Other than that, the real story of the game doesn't counter the mechanics that badly, aside from some set dressing like using Golem in the water.
All else I can think of is stuff like using Wailord indoors, or ground moves in sky battles, or how the fuck inverse battles are supposed to work.
Pokemon gets away with it by being fairly abstract and environment-agnostic. Except for sky battles, it's never mattered where you're standing, except for the three moves that actually pay attention to the area.

And the fact that you can run around with demigods strapped to your belt, that you're a 12yo running around for days(weeks?) by yourself with no supervision, and that you're one of three kids per country that shows any form of progress.
>>
>>31925839
They should just allow a way to change nature, freely switch to hidden abilities and make bottle cap IV raising easier.
Only reason to breed should be to have more chances for shinies, which is purely aesthetic, faster access to perfect IVs and egg moves, which are useful but not essential for competitive play.
>>
>>31925861
>The pokedex is written by ten year olds

No it isn't. In Gens 1-6, the Pokedex has an AI that automatically records data on Pokemon you encounter and catch. Your character doesn't write the entries, the Pokedex does so itself.

And in Gen 7, Rotom, a Pokemon itself, is writing them.
>>
>>31925896
The AI has the mind of 10 years old.
>>
>>31925890
At that point, they should just allow people to just inject (lol) I hate injectfags but if people seriously want that much stuff handed to them there's no difference in cheating vs playing legitimately
>>
>>31926586
Wasting time playing bike simulator isn't playing.
>>
>>31925861
The Pokedex is entirely story/gameplay segregation and they even reference this in gen 4 when it's said that poke balls outright nerf a Pokemon's ridiculous strength (which is why Cyrus uses the red chain).
>>
kangaskhan hatching from an egg with a baby in its pouch
>>
>>31925896
Your 1-6 is headcannon
>>
>>31926610
>playing the game isn't playing the game
>>
>>31926613
>it's said that poke balls outright nerf a Pokemon's ridiculous strength (which is why Cyrus uses the red chain).

That only applies to legendaries.

Regular Pokemon remain just as powerful as they were before.
>>
>>31925540
Ultra Beasts are considered legends of the same caliber as Regis, the 3 birds, etc. but are not revered or spoken of in legends as the "normal" ones are. Same for Type:Null.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.