[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Special Event Pokemon Carts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: kgrhqjn4e-u-udlpbp7yetolq60_1.jpg (52KB, 395x400px) Image search: [Google]
kgrhqjn4e-u-udlpbp7yetolq60_1.jpg
52KB, 395x400px
So lately I've been doing research on these special event cartridges and SD cards. For those that are unaware, these were sent out by Nintendo to stores like GameStop and Toys R Us, and were used in distributing event Pokemon years ago.

I was wondering if anyone here ever worked at those stores, and handled any of these things. Any behind the scenes knowledge you could share about them, I.e: How strict were they about returning them to Nintendo?, Did they really penalize stores for failing to do so? Were the GBA cartridges really just a modified retail version with the PC storage loaded with legendary Pokemon?

Any info you could provide would be interesting to hear, thanks.
>>
I worked at gamestop for a time period when these things were around.

The DS they distributed it on was in a locked box where a nintendo employee opened and changed it.
>>
I heard that some of them had security tape on them, so they could tell if someone tried to swap the the cart/SD card in them.

Did you ever see anything like that?
>>
I do know that roms for these exist, so you can load them on a flash cart
>>
>>31925335
ive heard there are rom files for these some where that you can put them on a flash cart and distribute them via a ds
>>
>>31925370
Whenever they pulled it out it looked like a regular DS and the lady who was our nintendo rep didn't seem to really tear anything off when she checked it out, but it's been over ten years now so maybe she did and I forgot that part. I do know she visited at least once a month and was in charge of more than 50 stores not even just gamestops, but all kinds. So perhaps instead of the locked boxes in some stores, they went with tape to cut costs in others.
>>
>>31925404

That's interesting. There are a lot of them for sale online these days. Maybe they were sloppier when it came to some areas or something.
>>
>>31925335
As other anons said, there are ROMs of those cartridges on the Internet and they do work. You need to set the calendar to a date when the distribution was taking place though or it won't let you distribute the Legendary Pokémon.
About the GBA distributions, I did receive a Wonder Card on Emerald (for Mew), they would connect the two Gameboys (theirs had a...big, strange looking, grey cartridge, you can probably find a pic online) with a normal Link Cable, the purple "Nintendo" logo at the startup of your console would turn red (just when you press, while having a Wireless adapter, Start and Select. At least I think this was the right combo) and you would see the special procedure.
>>
>>31925436

I know bout the ROMs. I'm mainly interested in hearing about the official ways they were handled though, as there isn't a lot of info out there about it. Probably because Nintendo didn't want people even knowing these things existed at the time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.