[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primarina is the only Gen VII Starter in OU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: delitten.png (315KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
delitten.png
315KB, 500x521px
At least Incineroar will have a niche in memeGC, being basically (although it is just Fire Scrafty)

Decidueye really got the short end of the stick here... his Long Reach won't do him any good

Anyways I've been wondering: I've always picked the Fire Starter, but it seems GF just can't make a water starter shit besides Samurott; they even tried with Primarina in a useless signature attack and useless HA but its stats and type are just too good. I feel fine with my fire mons, of course; my fave Infernape is a good rocks setter as well as a sweeper

Share competitive starter thoughts, no starter wars allowed
>>
>>31923631
>Horsea
>Not Remoraid
>>
Water type in general is a overpowered type, alongside Fairy.

Put one and one together and presto, you've got a Dragon killer with barely any weaknesses and with easily the best Sp. Attack among all starters (All Water types have Ice Beam access, adding Fairy was just adding more insult into injury for Dragon users)

Grass starters always get the short end of the stick and it's no different here. To top it off, anything with access to Crunch (heck, any Dark type move) and faster than Decidueye can hurt it.

Bottom line, online competitive is shit because it's always the bloody same teams over and over due to Smogon cocksucking and of course they're going to act petty over Baton Pass, which was one of Decidueye's potential strategies, which only limits him severely.
>>
Why are GF making to many frail and slow mixed attackers? What is this, Gen III
>>
>>31923809
>Grass starters always get the short end of the stick and it's no different here.

Ain't that true. Even Sceptile, one of the best grass starters, got screwed out of a nice potential niche by being given high Sp Atk instead of Atk. He would have made an awesome fast physical sweeper.

I'm hoping for something like a Grass/Steel starter with a decent movepool and good stat distribution so I can finally jump on the green bandwagon again.
>>
>>31924011
>Ain't that true. Even Sceptile, one of the best grass starters, got screwed out of a nice potential niche by being given high Sp Atk instead of Atk. He would have made an awesome fast physical sweeper.
Blame gen 4. In gen 3 Sceptile was the second best starter and the absolute best grass type in the game.
>>
>>31924034
>Swampart will be be RU soon
>>
Decidueye is still usable in OU, though. It's not bad at its job.
>>
>>31924923
>I-I swear my owl is usable in uberslite guys
>>
>>31923631
Primarina isn't OU you fucking retard.
>>
>>31923631
Primarina is UU, though.
>>
>>31923631
Real talk, between the inevitable Intimidate and move tutors to come I feel like Incineroar will rise in usability and popularity like Pangoro did over time.

Even a single buff move like Sucker Punch or Knock Off will do wonders to say of inevitable coverage or utility junk the cat'll get.

That Litten makes me laugh BTW.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.