[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything in the main series that still needs fixing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1472333635957.jpg (46KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1472333635957.jpg
46KB, 500x417px
First; Nidorina and nidoqueen being merged with nidorino and nidoking as different forms for one species
>>
>>31915841
>GF daring to ever retcon their sacred Pokedex
>GF learning the lessons that the American comic industry learned in the 80s about doing periodic housecleaning on convoluted and messy franchises

Keep dreaming.
>>
>>31915841
Can we finally change our pokemon pokeballs?
>>
The games should be good.
>>
>>31915841
No, just have Nidoran as one Pokemon.

Gender split evolutions are fine.

However, I would give Tauros (bipedial) and Miltank (quadripedal) form changes
>>
>>31915896

The fact that this still isn't a thing annoys me so much.
>>
File: 1486327510802.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1486327510802.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>>31915841
They need to stop trying to give regions identities based off oneshot gameplay features and give them identities by good map design, pokemon selection and compelling characters that don't amount to cutscene fodder.
>>
>>31915841
>retconning the pokedex
No
>>
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can breed.
Miltank and Tauros can get each other's eggs.
>>
>#239 - Elekid
>#125 - Electabuzz
>#466 - Electivire
This is stupid as fuck, we need a new National Dex.
>>
>>31915972

It still pisses me off that male only lines with female counterparts cant get egg moves.

Miltank and Mandibuzz should be able to yield tauros and rufflet babies.
>>
>>31915894
Interested in how they went about this to see of it helps us consider GFs potential approach at a reworked Dex. Can you elaborate on that some more Anon?
>>
>>31917674
I think they should keep numbers the same but sort the national dex by evolution lines.
>>
>>31917887
Crisis on Infinite Earths was an excuse to do housecleaning on the various continuities that DC has owned. Whether it is seen as "good" or "successful" or not, it was kinda an acknowledgement that over the decades, continuities can get messy and some housecleaning can be good for the brand.
Between all the token mechanics each gen, and the new mechanics and cross gen stuff each gen, Pokemon can stand to clean house a bit and standardize the brand, of which reorganizing the national dex is possibly the easiest thing to do. Especially since SM might have made a standard that the National Dex doesn't matter in anymore in the main games, and they can freely make regional dexes to suit their needs.
>>
I haven't played gens 6 or 7 yet. Have they finally streamlined the fucking box system? If not they need to do that because having just finished BW2 I am sick of how tedious it is just to switch Pokemon.

Merge Move Pokemon, Deposit Pokemon and Retrieve Pokemon into a single option. Make it so you don't have to deposit a pokemon before you can retrieve one. Have it so that when you select which slot of your party to put the boxed pokemon in, if that slot has a pokemon already, it just switches places with the pokemon you selected.

Have they done this yet or not? Because it's fucking ridiculous if this still hasn't been done.

Also, when you catch a pokemon and have a party of six already, you should be allowed to choose which pokemon you send to the pc. Have the option to start using the new one right then and there, and be able to send one of the old pokemon back if that's what you want.

Also, shouldn't National Dex be called International Dex at this point? Not really a problem I care about, but eh.
>>
>>31915894
>implying literally any form of capeshit isn't convoluted as fuck to the point that it's impossible to get into
Pokemon is a mess, but it's like a collapsed house compared to Marvel and DC's nuclear disaster.
>>
>>31917999
They've kind of already done this story-wise, with each game being implied to take place in its own dimension/timeline. That way they never have to worry about breaking continuity from past games.

The opposite can also be taken from the comics industry though, where doing this kind of thing too often can end up being frustrating or even making things more confusing and complicated than they already were. I'd be against re-ordering the national dex, but I kind of like this idea >>31917951
>>
>>31919230
Gen 7 fixed the box system. Just press A at a pc and it takes your straight into what would've been the 'move' option.

They've also implemented the feature to chose what Pokemon to send to the box when you catch a new one.
>>
>>31919230
>Have they finally streamlined the fucking box system?
Yes. You click on the computer and it just takes you to what used to be "Move".

>when you catch a pokemon and have a party of six already, you should be allowed to choose which pokemon you send to the pc
They've done that now. You can check the summary of the caught one too so you can soft reset there and then instead of going back to a computer.

>Also, shouldn't National Dex be called International Dex at this point?
Well it doesn't exist anymore anyway, so.
>>
>>31919302
>>31919305
This has convinced me to skip gen 6 and go straight into 7. Thanks guys.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.