[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you catch Pokemon on these games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: facebook-share-image-usa.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
facebook-share-image-usa.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
>trying to catch a Beldum
>get them to red health
>put them to sleep
>throw ultra balls
>literally throw every single ball I have, from plain pokeballs to ultra balls
>they just keep breaking free
>reload my save and try again
>it happens for a second time, and then another time when trying to catch a Ditto

What's the fucking secret for capturing Pokemon on this game? What did they change from all the previous games? It's funny because until now I've been capturing pokemon just fine on this game. I also REALLY fucking like that new 'calls for help' thing that makes it so you can no longer throw pokeballs
>>
>>31914811
Git gud
>>
>>31914811
I'd say it's the catch rate of 3 for the Beldum line. Also git gud. Beast Ball Metagross a best
>>
Beldum has the lowest catch rate of all Pokémon, being on par with non-box legendaries post-gen III.
>>
>>31914811
>spent two hours yesterday trying to catch a Lapras
>It perish song'd itself each time.

Fuck this game.
>>
>>31914919
>Beast Ball Metagross a best
It really is, but fuck trying to catch that shit.
I just got one off of GTS.
>>
>>31914811
>niggas dont even know to press A each time after the ball stops shaking to increase chances of success
>>
>>31916236
Isn't that a myth?
>>
>>31916265
its not. back in the day it was pressing down + B while the ball leaves the trainers hand.

since XY its the A-button with timing.
>>
timer balls work better from turn 10. Paralyze, then switch to a ghost pokemon with false swipe and try your best. good luck
>>
>>31916435
Didn't they also buff Quick Balls this gen?
>>
>>31916450
quick balls only work in turn 1. Go ahead and try to catch a catch rate 3 pokemon with a quick ball but the chance is still rather low, I believe it was ~5% in gen 6 and roughly 8% in gen 7.
>>
>>31916293
[citation needed]
>>
>>31916190
You're aware that is injected right?
>>
>>31917173
well, its not.
i got one myself too.
its not that hard, you just need some luck
>>
>>31916190
>I just got one off of GTS
Not all of us have spare Rayquazas and Groudons lying about desu
>>
>>31914811
Try paralyzing it instead of sleeping it, as it never wears off.
>>
>>31918380
A sleeping pokemon can't call for help though.
Same goes for women
>>
The Ultra Beasts make post game pokedex fill up a cinch
>high level pokemon with sky high attack stats with combined access to false swipe & hypnosis
I caught beldum on the first ultra ball
>>
>>31919088
>Not using your event munchlax with hold back
shiggy
>>
>>31918877
...Neither can a paralyzed one? Or one with any non-volatile status condition.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.