[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLASTOISE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Mega-Blastoise-by_protocol00-.png (59KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Blastoise-by_protocol00-.png
59KB, 241x230px
Is there ANY way to make this guy shine in competitive? Even with the Mega and the new attacks, he's still sub-par.
>>
>>31911167
Water Spout spam in doubles
>>
>>31911167
shell smash :^)
>>
>>31911167
>using M. Blastoise
I think I know what the problem is, anon.
>>
It's extremely gimmicky but Z-Rain Dance is fun in doubles with Rain Dish and full speed and special attack investment.

Your water attacks do more damage, you get a speed boost, and a small heal all at once.
>>
>>31911167
Fake out/ scald, toxic, rapid spin, dark pulse/ scald
>>
What does it get now that it didn't before
>>
>>31911167

no there is no way to make it work in OU. it can work in UU with standard sets though
>>
>>31911877
A special attack boost in Work Up. Still not a good move on Blastoise
>>
>>31911840
>Run a set of Toxic, Rapid Spin, Scald, and Scald
>>
>>31911877
Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere as of XY.
>>
>>31911167
Some little buffs to Mega Launcher would be good, like adding stuff like Hydro Pump and Flash Cannon into boosted moves.
>>
>>31911167
As a M.Blastoise user myself, I can say the best way to use him is as a bulky scald user/wallbreaker.
>>
>>31913075
But he breaks no walls. There are so many ways to stop him in his tracks and he isn't tanky enough for his damage output.
>>
>>31913213
He's no good asa Spinner either. Vulnerable to all three entry hazards, whereas Starmie can mitigate Spikes and SR damage with Recover and doesn't care about poison thanks to Natural Cure. Meanwhile, Excadrill 4x resists SR and is Immune to Toxic Spikes.
>>
Mega Launcher boosting Hydro Pump and Ice Beam would make him drastically better
>>
>>31913213
That's why I suggested scald. Not as powerful as STAB launcher water pulse or hydro pump, but the burn chance is great and with M.Blastoises solid 120 base defense as this makes him extremely tough to K.O. on the physical front.

The "breaker" moves are all the other pulse and aura moves, plus ice beam: dragon pulse, aura sphere, dark pulse and ice beam. Go with either dark pulse or ice beam depending on what coverage your team needs. After that just go with a modest nature and go all in on his HP and special attack EVs with the leftovers going to either one of his defenses and you've got a fairly solid tank.

Just never lead with it. M.Blastoise is better used as a late game cleaner.
>>
Has their ever been a time where Blastoise wasn't completely outclassed by Starmie?
>>
Nope. Irredeemable UU poopmon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.