[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theoretical question, /vp/. The first Pokemon game I played was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Trade-Pokemon-Go.jpg (19KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Trade-Pokemon-Go.jpg
19KB, 400x240px
Theoretical question, /vp/.
The first Pokemon game I played was Yellow. The second I played was Sun. I kinda missed a whole lot.
From what I understand, all Pokemon from generation 3 onward can possibly be transferred between games until they reach Sun & Moon.
So I'd like to ask: 1) What would I require to start playing from the GBA era and move on until the current generation? And 2) Would it be worth it?
>>
>>31910374
you can basically transfer everything except gen1 kinda
if you're looking to play in order,
pretty sure you can get gen1 on virtual console (you won't be able to play the remakes on the 2/3ds as far as i know) then you can play the gen2 remake, then gen3 remake then plat then bw bw2 then xy then sun

everything there can be traded except gen1 (technically oras isn't gen3 but all the same mons and plot so who cares)
>>
2 DSes and a 3DS for a start, at least one game from Gen III-VII and a Pokémon Bank subscription, plus Pokémon Transporter. No, it isn't remotely worth the expense or effort because you can get every Pokémon between the last two Generations.
>>
>>31910374
im same guy as first poster but i'm replaying everything and just beat oras like an hour ago and i think it's worth just to get acquainted with all the mons you missed
>>
>>31910415
>No, it isn't remotely worth the expense or effort because you can get every Pokémon between the last two Generations.
Does that include non-event legendaries?
>>
>>31910420
not him but i don't think so but you can probably trade them i imagine

i'm just as noob as you are though

if you care about what's happened so far, there's a decent quick anime series made by the pokémon company or something official called "pokémon generations" which goes over the plot of all the games very quick

it's like an hour total or something
>>
>>31910420
Yes. You can almost all the Legendaries in ORAS alone.
>>
>>31910374
If you want to transfer Pokemon from gen 3 to gen 7 legitimately with legitimate hardware, you'd to do the following:
>transfer from gen 3 to 4 using a DS or DS Lite using Pal Park
>transfer from gen 4 to 5 with the aforementioned DS and a 3DS using the Poketransfer lab
>subscribe to Pokemon Bank and transfer from gen 5 to gen 7 with Poketransporter

You may be able to skip some of the steps with emulation, although I'm not entirely sure if that functionality has been implemented in the emulators yet. And you'll definitely at least need a genuine copy of a gen 5 game if you want to transfer via Bank (flashcards won't do).

As for whether it's worth it, I'd say no. Pal Park has a limit of 6 Pokemon every 24 hours and Poketransfer has some shitty mini-game that you have to do everytime. Unless you desperately want to transfer them, I'd say that you're better off emulating the games.
>>
>>31910374

Not worth the trouble to go that far back, OP.
But I do recommend to have 2 DS and both Pokemon Black (or White) 1 AND 2. Gen 5 is a lot of fun and you can trade between them. (But only when you are at B&W post game). Also, you'll get a shitton of legendaries.

Then on your 3DS, get either PkMn Red, Blue, or Yellow. Do a full game untill you reach Mew Two. Finally, get Poke Transporter and a Bank Subscription.

You'll then can transfer everything from B&W 1 and 2 to X/Y, play it, then transfer everything to ORAS, play it, and finally, transfer everything to SUMO. This time, including the old RBY and those 'mons will ALL have their hidden habilities!

You have a lot of play ahead of you. But even if you skip XYORAS, get B&W 1 and 2. Play them in order, of course. These games are amazing.
>>
>>31910470
>2 DSes so you can trade between BW and BW2

For what purpose? What a waste that would be.

Also this thread reads like Reddit and normies.
>>
>>31910470
>2 DS
OP here. From the other comments, it sounds like I'd really only need one DS if I wanted to do this.

>>31910469
Well right now I do have a Bank subscription, plus RBY on VC. I also picked up Black 2 for cheap and I have Dream Radar. The Transporter only works with gen 5 and VC games apparently, so my biggest concern would be gen 3 and 4.
>>
>>31910505
Yeah, you only need one. There's no point in trading from BW to B2W2, just trade your BW mons to XY then play B2W2 from scratch and trade whatever you want from the to XY afterwards
>>
>>31910482
>Starting B&W 2 with the best babies
>Trade evos
Playing B&W two with a Scizor is not a waste, bro. Especially if you worked your ass off to get it in B&W 1.
>>
>>31910518
>Buy a whole second DS to start BW2 with Scizor

That is a huge fucking waste.
>>
>>31910518
You do realise you can trade between a DS and 3DS, right?
>>
>>31910505
You'll need 2 DS to transfer from G4 to G5. It's a hassle, but very worth it to play B&W 2 with a raltz. Platinum is worth playing and you should defenitely get and play the first B&W game before the second one if you care about the story.

As for G3, ORAS is more than enough to do the job.

>>31910524
When you already DO have a second DS... Also, it's needed to transfer from G4 to G5.

>>31910535
Forgot to mention tjat the real point to having 2 DSes is to transfer from G4 to G5.
>>
>>31910505
If you have a functional DS phat or DS lite then you shouldn't have any problems. Although like I said before, transfering from gen 3 to 5 is a chore. Although I'd say it's still worth playing the older games. You can still play gen 4 games on your 3DS and GBA and DS games can be easily emulated on either your PC or phone.
>>
>>31910482
>reads like reddit and normies
because people aren't calling each other faggots

the real normies are the people that come here and act standoffish to fit in
>>
>>31910543
The 3DS also supports DS download play. You only need a single DS to transfer from gen 3 to 7.
>>
>>31910543
>It's a hassle, but very worth it to play B&W 2 with a raltz.
But I can get a Ralts in Dream Radar. Come to think of it, I HAVE a Ralts from Dream Radar already in Black 2.

>>31910556
But if I emulate, is there a way of transferring them to other games?
>>
>>31910561

Isn't Dream Radar an online thing that have been deactivated since forever?
>>
>>31910574
No, Dream Radar is the 3DS AR game where you shoot clouds and find Pokemon and items to transfer to B2 or W2. All Pokemon caught come in Dream Balls and have their hidden ability. It's the game where Professor Burnett came from.
>>
>>31910574
That's Dream World.
>>
>>31910561
If you want to transfer from an emulated game, you'd need a flashcart to load you save file on a DS and trade the Pokemon to a legitimate cartridge. So you'd need an additional DS anyway.
>>
>>31910595

OH! I forgot it existed. So it's possible to have a Raltz from these? All I remember getting are drifloons and other shitmons before the weather trio.

>>31910613
Yup. A shame because having all these 'mons with HA would have been great.
>>
>>31910635
Ralts becomes possible to catch after catching Thundurus. It's more likely to appear if you collect lots of orange orbs.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.