[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kanto "Remake" Next?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 4444.jpg (135KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
4444.jpg
135KB, 800x500px
The next "remake" would be awesome if it is Kanto.

Save gen 4 remake for next gen on Nintendo Switch

A Kanto "remake" should actually be more like a reimagining that takes place around the same time a Alola. Being years later we can see what has been going on post gen 2. This will allow GF to keep most of the new elements in the Pokemon games without relying on alternative universe stuff.

This also means we don't have to have the same story again while being able to relive the originals and Kanto with a fresh take. It would be cool to see what has happened to people, like the gym leaders. Maybe there are some new ones as the old ones go off to do new things with their lives. Maybe Silver could play a big part, maybe he made amends with Elm? Or not. Did they rebuild Cinnabar island? Is team Rocket back, or maybe they became something new? Or maybe there are new bad guys altogether.

Maybe Ethan stuck around? Maybe we could battle older Ethan.
Most importantly, it would be a great opportunity to expand upon the lore of Kanto and also even Mew. Maybe there are some ruins? Maybe some new routes? New towns up North? Who knows, but I think there is a lot of potential.
>>
>>31908729
no
>>
>>31908740
>>31908745
I mean, why not?
>>
We've already had 4 games with kanto in it we don't need more. It's a fucking shitty region.
>>
File: 1376307212408.png (88KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1376307212408.png
88KB, 320x287px
are remakes the only fucking thing you people can discuss?
>>
>>31908729
No.
>>
>>31908800
No.
>>
>>31908760
I mean, no
>>
>>31908729
>Remake Kanto
>Make money from normies
>Use money to make big budget actual game
>>
A Kanto game set during SM with a revamped region, Sevii Isles and Johto postgame would be good

Blazing Fire Red and FUCKING Leaf Green would not be
>>
>>31908923
holy shit that's actually a pretty good idea
>>
>>31908923
Game Freak rakes in money hand-over-fist and they still can't get their twenty-person team or whatever to make a game that doesn't feel rushed or half-finished.
>>
File: mewtwo.png (828B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.png
828B, 56x56px
>>31911506
It's a good idea, so you know it'll never happen.
>>
>>31908923
>Remake Kanto
>Make money from normies
>Think about using money to make big budget actual game
>Nah, just rehash the same old formula
>Half ass even that and make sure to continue to pander to normies and make a shit ton more money
>rinse and repeat
>>
File: 1483514473419.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483514473419.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
>>31908923
Pokemon is one of the few things keeping Nintendo out of the doghouse.

What makes you think they need to "crowdfund" it?
>>
File: Gen1Remakes.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gen1Remakes.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>31908729
>>
>>31908729
Kanto doesn't need a remake, it needs a sequel.
>>
Honestly I hope GF just takes a 3 year break or something while they work on a fucking great game. Imagine HGSS+BW2 levels of content, "love-letter-ing" to Johto, graphic style, and an improved plot from SM in which you're actually the important character.

I DO expect Kanto as the next games, but Im not sure if remakes. They could just make a SM sequel with half the budget, sell it again to normies with a Kanto post-game that actually drained the resources from not doing Alola from scratch again. The plot really hints at Kanto being revisited in the future. Fuck off sinnohbabies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.