[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: logan-cure-pokemon-generations-2.jpg (311KB, 1225x761px) Image search: [Google]
logan-cure-pokemon-generations-2.jpg
311KB, 1225x761px
Post your favorite Gen

One thing you like about it
>>
File: space star.gif (195KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
space star.gif
195KB, 450x450px
I adore how the characters feel like actual characters for once, but without taking the spotlight away from the player character in Generation 5.
>>
>>31907197
Gen 3

It was mind blowing to experience the leap between gen 2 and full color gen 3
>>
>>31907197
>Gen 6
>finally being able to have a brown character
>>
Gen 3

All 3 starters are sexy in their own unique way
>>
Gen 2

All the Pokemon from it have awesome designs
>>
>>31907197
Gen 5

The large amount of varied new dex entries and the requirement to use its Pokemon for the original BW games.
>>
Op here. Forgot to do mine.

Gen 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhmkq-vsc0

Nothing says that you're on a Pokemon journey quite like this song.
>>
Gen II

I enjoy the feeling of it expanding on the world of Pokemon, both as a direct story and introducing a new region (however small).
>>
File: 1485801294598.jpg (642KB, 800x878px) Image search: [Google]
1485801294598.jpg
642KB, 800x878px
gen 4

best remakes
>>
>>31907197
Gen 1

I feel like I'm 'home' when I play it, if that makes any sense.

I still like the other gens though
>>
File: BluePokemonTheOriginsAnime.png (467KB, 1024x571px) Image search: [Google]
BluePokemonTheOriginsAnime.png
467KB, 1024x571px
>>31907197
One of the few times a rival was actually memorable (apart from Barry).

Blue/Green pissed me right off as a kid with his asshole attitude and badly-timed appearances - felt good to kill his dreams repeatedly at the end of the game. Anime Gary also helped make him even more memorable.
>>
>>31907656
Gen one and three are my faves in other words.
>>
>>31907215
this. and all the starters look cool.
>>
>Gen III
>GROWING BERRIES AND MAKING THEM INTO POKEBLOCKS HOLY FUCK
>>
File: rainbow.gif (1MB, 327x295px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow.gif
1MB, 327x295px
Gen 1
Because it has the best designs
>>
>>31907197

Gen 2

Felt like we finally had ALL the pokemon; ever since pokemon had first come out in the west we had been teased pokemon, "150 or more to see" the anime had showed us ho-oh right off the bat and togepi fairly early on, donphan was in the movie, "pikablu" was a myth etc... it was so satisfying to have them all so I consider Gen 2 to be the full "original" pokemon list.
>>
Gen 4

This is a very unpopular opinion, especially here, but I very much like how Mt.Coronet divides the region. This mountain that just seems so simple ends up being so vital to the game, and theres always more you learn about it as you have to backtrack to it. At first it just seems like a simple cave, then we see fog, and then it turns out to be a full scaled mountain that you can explore the outside of too.

And the music is just so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWkeXyCnEQI
>>
>>31907197
Gen 4. It gives me feels when I realize it was ten years ago. I like the commercials because they make me realize just how far Pokemon has come in those ten years,
>>
Gen 7

It has the best region and Pokémon designs.
>>
File: 1330894713917.png (69KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1330894713917.png
69KB, 600x601px
Gen two

The day/night system made the game feel like a proper adventure
>>
Gen 5

It was the gen that got me back into pokemon after I dropped out of it in Gen 3. Most of my favorite pokemon and character designs are from Gen 5.
>>
>>31907197
Gen 4

Sinnoh is such a beautiful region, personally.
>>
File: 1409017777634.png (125KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1409017777634.png
125KB, 600x550px
>>31907197
Gen 3, by far. The music, the overworld, the secret bases and the new Pokemon combined to create an atmosphere no region before or since has matched. And I say that as someone who started with gen 1 and played every gen.
>>
>>31907197
The Kanto starters are going for the ones they're strong against. They smart.
>>
Gen 3

There's a lot of awesome designs, and unlike Gen 2 shitmons they don't all suck.
>>
>>31907197
Can't decide between Gen 6 and Gen 3.

Gen 3 - Amazing pokemon and a region with multiple interesting areas - deserts,volcanos,forests etc.

Gen 6 - The region is comfy af,great pokemon designs too
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.