[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What types do you vehemently dislike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

I have 3: Water, Psychic and Dragon
>Water
Ridiculous synergy and overabundance, though it makes sense from a biological standpoint.
>Psychic
Need a type for a new Legendary or Mythical Pokemon? How about this type? At least that's what GameFreak must be thinking. Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Lugia, Jirachi, Deoxys, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Victini, Hoopa, Meloetta, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma. I wish more types had Legendaries like Poison (Nihilego barely counts as a UB) and Bug (Genesect only).
>Dragon
Pseudos and Legendaries. Thankfully, Fairy type has made them less prominent a threat unlike in Gen 5.
>>
File: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.jpg (76KB, 674x687px) Image search: [Google]
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.jpg
76KB, 674x687px
>>31906556
Fairy
Counters everything I know and love, Dragon and best type Dark
>>
>>31906575
But many Dragon mons get Iron Tail which hits Fairies weaker defense and goes off Dragon mons high Attack stat. Plus it also helps deal with Ice types. Plus, most Fairies outside of Legendaries just suck.
>>
>>31906556
>Flying types
most uncreative type 70% of the time they're just fucking birds

>water
I played gen 3. but there's just too many of them. and a lot of them have bad designs
>>
>>31906556
But Nihilego does count so Bug also gets Pheromosa and Buzzwole in legends. At least in the game code, since they're sublegends there like the Regis or the 3 birds.

Anyway I don't like using Psychic types but Psychics are some of my absolute favorites, like Reuniclus.
>>
>>31906556
I also hate water. It is by far the most pandered general type outside of maybe Fairy.
>Only 2 weaknesses, one being shit offensively
>Nearly all of them have Ice moves to beat Grass and Dragon types
>Has so many Pokemon that it outnumbers Normal types
>There is pretty much 2 or more of a water type that gets you what ever you are looking for. (A wall, cleric, hazards setter, sweeper, wallbreaker, defogger, status enabler, etc.)
>Rain is objectively the second best weather effect (with obvious balance issues and only beaten by Desolate Land) and made Gen 5 a cancerous meta
It's retarded how unbalanced Water types are.
>>
>>31906637
>Flying types
This^^
Too many suffer from same stats with limited movepools.

>Rock types
Since ground is a thing Rock seems redundant.
>>
>>31906722
I like water, but I agree that it's too unbalanced, and has a large majority of shitty designs.
>>
I don't dislike any types.
>>
>>31906556
Bug has three legendaries. Dennis, Skeeter, and the Roach.
>>
>>31906628
>Iron Tail
>75% accuracy
>100 BP
m8, unless you're running a Hone Claws set or something nobody's gonna want to run Iron Tail on their dragon. Better options is just to have something on the team that counters fairy to switch into. 100 BP isn't worth how often you'll be missing with it.
>>
Fighting. It's just really boring for me. My favorites of the type are the ones that aren't just muscled men, basically. Although Machamp and Conkeldurr are pretty cool, too.
>>
Pretty much just Fairy.
>>
>>31906556
>Bug
Bugfags are incredibly vocal about their type having the best designs even though they're just fucking bugs.
>Ice
Icefags bitch and moan way too much about their type being underpowered and would be perfectly happy with shitting on other types just to make theirs better.
>Steel
They're way too strong defensively, and Celesteela can eat a dick.
>>
>>31906862
>75%
My bad. I completely forgot how shit the accuracy was for that. Jesus GameFreak, wth?
>>
>>31909404
>They're way too strong defensively
As a guy who likes Steel types, I agree. I really thought they would have been weak to Water or, at the VERY least, Electric type. Instead, they just made Electric and Water resistant to Steel attacks because...?
>>
File: 1453427671775.png (278KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1453427671775.png
278KB, 500x356px
>Dragon
Pre-Fairy, it was a nightmare dealing with them. I hated the click Outrage to win strat and I didn't want to have to run a Ferrothorn because GF didn't know what balance was. Fairy nerfing Dragon into the ground made it rocket into being my 2nd favorite type.
>Fire
Attracts the worst Pokemon fans, or at least has the highest amount of children. It's an absurdly good defensive type for no good reason. I'm pretty sure the only reason it resists Fairy is so MegaZard doesn't get fucked by the new type.
>Water
I don't actually dislike Water but as >>31906722 put it, it's about as OP as a type can get. Worst of all, you can't change it's type matchups without flipping the meta on it's side because there are so many Water Pokemon ingrained in the metagame.
>Grass
It's my favorite type but it's so fucking bad. It's terrible offensively and defensively and Grass Pokemon as a group get fuck all for movesets. Most grass level up lists include Grass, Normal and maybe a Dark type move and that's it. There are so many Grass Pokemon I want to run and all of them get hampered by the same thing over and over again. Why can't GF make Grass types usable outside of Leech Seeders/Spore users? Why did Grass have to be my favorite type? Why couldn't I like a normie type like Bug or Ghost?
>>
>>31906556
Ghost, there are just not many Ghost Pokemon I like, many of them are based on objects or humanoid creatures, neither of which I enjoy

Fighting for the same reason as Ghost really

Psychic because it's a shit typing to have nowadays, completely outclassed by Fairy
>>
>>31910998
>It's terrible (...) defensively
When the fuck will this meme die? Having a resistance to ground, water and electric all in one is hell lot more useful than pretty much everything not called steel or fairy has.
>>
>>31906816

Same. Normal is probably my least favourite because it's so vanilla, but even then it more depends on the Pokemon themselves.
>>
>>31906575
this, the fact that they're immune to dragons may be a bit too much, but the real problem is their nonsensical resistance to bug
>>
>>31909404
I agree with all of these. Steel however, I'm more ok with due to there weakness to ground. Honestly sometimes I think that's the only reason why it's not broken. GF needs to be careful who they give levitate to.

I dislike fairy personally for nerfing one of my favorite types, not Dragon but Dark.

Icefags need to stop complaining about their type being shit. Its a fantastic offensive typing, the downfall is that it's bad defensively. And GF likes making defensive ice types.

While I agree with water being a bit to op dispite being my second favorite type, I would still make scald SE against ice types just because it makes sense
>>
>>31906556
>Fairy
Barely dented Dragons since the ones that matter have insane stats and great coverage moves.
Also too much "pink 'n' girly", not very diverse visually (Tapus were a nice addition; Koko is still a small, magical fey but clearly masculine and combative)
Finally, resisting Bug for some reason. Being weak to Normal would've been nice, too

>Flying
Since its Flying and not Wind/Air, its mostly just birds, barely any Flying types that have an interesting design where they fly without wings.
Also being immune to bones and mud-bombs is daft. Should be only grounded moves
Lastly, only 1 pure Flying type and Normal/Flying is a scourge by this point.

>Fire
Most Fire moves don't seem interesting, and I find the majority of Fire mon designs to be very dull/uninspired but that's just personal tastes, not an objective fact.
Also of all the Fire types I've used, they don't play very interestingly either.
Not sure whether the way the type is very volatile in the type-chart is something I like or not, it seems fitting but balance-wise its a bit much does it resist Fairy just so M-Chairzard X and M-Blaziken don't get murdered?

That all being said, I hardly -hate- these types, I don't hate any and still find mons in those 3 I really like.
I'm also always glad to see new Fairy mons so that the type gets fleshed out thematically.
>>
>>31911263
Thats exactly why Ice-fags get so upset;
>Ice is a fantastic offensive type
>Shit defensively
>Ice types are almost always built defensively so they're shit
>Water, already a fantastic type, utilises Ice moves far better
>Hail has no synergy with any other type, doesn't even buff Ice types in anyway like the others do e.g. Rain weakening Fire, Sandstorm boosting Rock types Sp.Def
Can't blame them
>>
>Dragon
Dragonfags can eat a dick, always complaining because their giant lizards get their shit kicked in by Fairies.
>Psychic
It used to be my favorite but...it's just so ass. Fairy is much better.
>Bug
I hate bugs irl, and like Dragonfags, Bugfags do nothing but complain. So what it's resisted by Fairy?
>Rock
Very boring typing desu. It's up their with Normal and Ground. At least it's good offensivley.
>Poison
I find a lot of the designs for Poison types ugly.
>Grass and Ice
It's not that I DISLIKE these types, some of my favorite mons have these typings it's just that they're so bad. Would it kill GF to give Grass types an actual movepool? They keep fucking up Ice types stat spreads too. They could do with a few more resistances and maybe losing their weakness to Fighting.
>>
>Bug
All bugfags do is whine and shit on other types. Like the carnivine thread the other day, where every other comment was "NO! The venus flytrap can't have a bug immunity ability! REEEEE Why do you hate bugs?" Fucking stupid.

>Dragon
Usually literal children, also known for complaining. Biggest cancer during gen 5.

>Ground
Boring as fuck. Rock is a lot cooler.

>Steel
RIDICULOUS defensive type.

>Water
masuda pandering, scald, two weaknesses, all get ice beam, etc etc.
>>
>>31906556
Grass, it's shit.
>>
Water should be weak to poison and ice should resist ground
>>
>>31913078
>> Koko is still a small, magical fey
>5'11
>small
>>
I like Fighting types, but even I think that it's strong against way too many fucking things. There's no goddamn reason for it to be strong against Steel, and Ice could do without having yet another weakness to one of the most common types in the game. Fairies may shut actual Fighting types down pretty hard, but it doesn't help the hundreds of Pokemon that get one-shotted by Close Combat and Hammer Arm.
>>
Fighting is just a retarded concept for a type.
>>
>>31913078
>Barely dented dragons
>When Salamence and Dragonite are UU because of it
>>
>>31915844
>Wanting steel to have less weaknesses than it already does

Stop. Resisting 10 types is enough defensively, it doesn't need any of its weaknesses taken away.
>>
>>31915918
True, I just don't think it needs to be weak to Fighting of all things. We could always just flip the script and make Steel weak to Psychic. It's not like Psychic needs the hard nerf it did in Gen 2 anymore. Makes more sense to me, anyway.
>>
>>31906556
Steel, dark and fairy

Steel is OP, Dark is poorly defined, Fairy is both
>>
>>31915977
The only weird thing about Dark is that it's weak to Bug, but that gets easier to understand when you realize that it's a Kamen Rider reference.

But Fairy just makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>31915897
>Chomp still reigned supreme in OU in gen 6
>MegaMence was unstoppable
>Fug created his own dimension where there are no rules cause it breaks them all
>>
>>31906556
Probably just Fairy, although Icefags make me want to hate the type too.
>>
>>31910998
>Water
>OP
Anyone who says this has no clue what they're talking about. It's a good type but it only tips into being overpowered when Fairy is slapped onto it.
>>
>>31916098
>Water
>Not OP
Drizzle+Swift Swim was banned at one point for a reason. Their weather also auto-Boosts their STAB moves while Ground types require a special ability to do so.
>>
Rock: too few moves and styles of play, usually pretty shit designs. Way way too many weaknesses, and an OK number of strengths--but strengths it rarely gets to capitalize on. Rock as a whole type <<< Stealth Rock. Were it not for Stealth Rock and maybe Stone Edge, you would likely never see any rock types ever.

Ice: too few moves and styles of play, usually pretty shit designs. Too many weaknesses, too few strengths. Plus, for some reason, GF likes to make most ice types obscenely slow, which is not good for an extremely fragile type.

Water: way too many moves and styles of play, still pretty shitty designs that you have to see far too often because of Water's over-representation on most teams. Plus, few weaknesses and many strengths.

And on the flip side...

Bug: good balance of different types of moves supporting different styles of play (Bug Bite, X-Scissor, Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Leech Life, U-Turn, Signal Beam, Infestation), and some of the best overall designs in the game (Shedinja, Golisopod, Forretress, etc)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.