[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: game mechanics that don't make sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: liddle_debressed.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
liddle_debressed.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>earthquake can miss or be evaded
>Poison continues to harm Pokemon after a battle has ended, but burn doesn't harm Pokemon until they are in another battle
>Status effects don't continue to harm Pokemon that have been switched out
>>
EQ has 100% accuracy and can only miss under special circumstances like Bright Powder, decreased Accurscy, or increased Evasion. What's the problem?
>>
Status effects haven't continued to harm since at least BW, and what causes damage from earthquake is things such as falling debris, crevices, shifting land causing falling, it's perfectly possible to just not be caught up in such things
>>
>>31904840
Isn't it a given that earthquake is focused on the battle?
If an earthquake was based on the real thing I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any civilization in the world at all.
>>
>>31904869
You would think shaking the fucking Earth would be pretty hard to avoid outside of airborne creatures
>>
>Sound can miss
how
>>
>>31904840
>All the types that are immune/resist Poison are Ghost, Ground, Rock, Steel, and Poison are types are associated with "organless" types
>Ice doesn't resist Poison
>All types that are weak to Poison are Grass and Fairy due to them being the "Alive" types and nature and shit
>Water and Flying are not weak to Poison

Ice needs to resist Poison and Poison needs to be super effective on Water and Flying.
>>
>>31905785
My guess is that the Attacking Sound moves are concentrated vibrations and Sound Status moves like sing require perfect rhythm.
>>
>>31904840
>burn doesn't harm Pokemon until they are in another battle
Burns mostly just hurt like hell when they're touched/interacted with once the burn has settled down some. Poison isn't going to stop killing you.
>>
>>31905769
You'd think that the earth shaking for maybe 3 seconds wouldn't really damage pokemon that significantly
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.