[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fakemon Concepts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Space Worms and Water Bears.png (694KB, 3344x2552px) Image search: [Google]
Space Worms and Water Bears.png
694KB, 3344x2552px
What do you think of these concepts for Pokémon?

Worm/Space Shuttle that creates wormholes and a tardigrade mixed with a astronaut.
>>
I think their designs are a bit too discretely based on their origins.

Also, you could get away with incorporating traits of Rods into that worn of yours.
>>
>>31901023
They're really cool! You should probably make the tardrigade look more alien, though. It looks a lot like a normal pokemon.
What typings do you have in mind for them?
>>
>>31901083
Actually, the tardigrade Pokémon lives in water and the water helmet is used for unbreathable situations like space. Humans used them for space exploration.

For typings, Psychic/Steel and Water/Bug.
>>
File: XO45X16.png (62KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
XO45X16.png
62KB, 660x371px
>someone actually kept going with my concept

Nice man, I'd say the metallic fin on the worm seem unnatural but given its typing I suppose it fits. Also agreeing with others on the simplicity of the tardigrade, right now it looks like a base stage or one of those single stagers that never amounts to anything (ie Spinda).
>>
>>31901023
Wormshuttle is nice.
>>
Designs aren't subtle enough. You have to either go full objectmon or be more discrete about the concept. If you go in the middle it just looks shitty. And there's no good reason to mix a Tardigrade with an astronaut; it looks like you just wanted a Tardigrade pokemon so you drew one and slapped a random theme on it. Usually when pokemon have themes it's connected sensically with the animal/thing it's based on. They didn't just randomly slap a knight theme onto Chestnaught, they did it because chestnuts have hard outer protection like a knight. They didn't just slap a ninja theme onto Greninja, they did it because frogs are associated with ninja in Japanese myths and its well with a frog's quick jumping ability.
>>
>>31901575
Tardigrades are known for being able to survive space. Just because you don't understand the theme doesn't mean it's random.
>>
>>31901599
This is true. Not really justifying the space theme since that's not their natural habitat, but it works.

I did google search this concept since I was fairly sure I've seen it used before, and found this: http://chillypaz.deviantart.com/art/175-Tardonaut-655003390

Granted, it's not the same since it's not an official mon, but I still try to look up the local talent before I finish my own concepts to see if I can make my own approaches differently.
>>
>>31901871
>Tardonaut
11/666 made me kek
>>
FAKEMON GENERALS BELONGS TO
>>31901182
>>
>>31901575
>Designs aren't subtle enough. You have to either go full objectmon or be more discrete about the concept. If you go in the middle it just looks shitty.
this
>>
>>31901871

>Light
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.