[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Pokemon game had the best story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: chansey-book.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
chansey-book.gif
892KB, 320x240px
Which Pokemon game had the best story?
>>
Pinball
>>
inb4 gen five

gen 4 had the best one, cyrus was a deep character and cynthia was perfect, iI wish she appeared more often. and looker.
>>
Well it's not Gen V that's for sure. Why? "I-I hate Pokemon battles but I'm going to challenge you anyway!!" and the nonsense typical rule the world plot at the end. Disgusting.
>>
>>31898860
Black and White
>>
Explorers of Time
>>
BW1.
>>
Definitely Black and White.
>>
>>31898882
2nd best, BW1 story is your lord and king
>>
Gen 1
>>
File: pokemon brionee.jpg (25KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon brionee.jpg
25KB, 457x457px
>>31898893
GTI
>>
>>31898860
Honestly Gen 4. Cyrus had a very shoppenhaure existential pessimism to him, but I always appreciate men of vision. Regardless of veiw points he saw the world flawed and asserted himself as messiah to fix it, a man with a powerful will indeed. What I would like to see in a more adult Pokemon game is the roles are flipped, through your adventure you are presented with circumstances that change you into a dominating will and into a character of vision to catch and unleash the power of the legendary yourself, following a kotor style use ur power to save or fucking rule everything motiff, your rival and nemesis would be the up and coming champ and 'player character' who challenges your beliefs. That'd be phat dude, id buy that in a heart beat. Inverse the roles, show that evil and bad are only subjective pretenses.
>>
>>31898860
If we're talking narrative, Black/White and Sun/Moon get points just for trying a little harder in that department than the other games.

If we're talking lore, Diamond/Pearl with Ruby/Sapphire as a close second.

If we're talking "the makings of a great story are here but we did nothing to convey it to the players", Gen 1 and 2. A lot of interesting shit happens off screen in those games and some of the characters have potentially interesting backstories but they're never talked about.
>>
>>31898860
XY. I really like the antagonists and how fleshed out they were compared to Team Plasma.
>>
File: 1470839988669.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470839988669.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>31898966
>>
>>31898953
Schopenhauer,
>>
>>31898860
Pokemon Go.

Player leaves house looking for Pokemon only to get mugged before getting hit by a car.

The End.
>>
None of them have particularly compelling story when it comes to content or events. But Gen 5 and 7 probably have the most endearing cast and character interactions.
I think the games are kind of doomed to be an endless loop of revolving around the box legendaries, but refusing to reference past games history in a meaningful way. It severely limits what the writers can do.
>>
>>31899180
>an endless loop of revolving around the box legendaries, but refusing to reference past games history in a meaningful way
Gen 3 was the start of both of these horrible trends.
>>
>>31898860
I liked five and seven the most but they had flaws.
>>
>>31898953
Is this bait?
>>
>>31898860
Lillie is the best story.
>>
>>31898860
The first game....because it had no story
>>
>>31898860
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
>>
>>31898882
>cyrus was a deep character
"I am autistic and want this world gone"
Deep
>>
I like story elements in Crystal and XY the most of mainline because their backgrounds with Ecruteak lore and the Ruins of Alph in Crystal and AZ's era in XY are actually interesting unlike most of the other games. Crystal also has the bonus of very little actual plot and XY's plot was shit but enough of it is uncorroborated on to the point that it leaves plenty of room for me to fill in those variables with what I think would be good or at least wonder what could've been.
>>
>>31899164
kek
>>
>>31898884
2 genders
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.