[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale of benign to terminal 7, how cancerous are the Tapus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 1477955095258.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477955095258.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
On a scale of benign to terminal 7, how cancerous are the Tapus?
>>
>>31892102
Terminal 7.
>>
7. Someonehow worse than the genies who were a strong 6 at their peak.
>>
I don't get this meme. They're just there. I would call them cancer when they're just there for 2/3 gens in a row. Gengar and even Garchomp are way more cancerous.
>>
>>31892121
>Landoruse of 40% usage
>not Terminal 7
>>
File: pikachu.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.png
190KB, 540x482px
theyre pretty bad

but then again pretty much all OU pokemon are cancerous in their own way

tapus are just the latest of the bunch
>>
>>31892129
>gengar
>good
It's Gen 7 now fampai
>>
>>31892102
>>
Koko and Bulu aren't cancerous at all
>>
>>31892102
Is there a mon that counters Ferro and Fini, and not insta-gibbed by Lando or Pheromosa?
>>
File: 1477770912874.jpg (710KB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1477770912874.jpg
710KB, 3000x1500px
>>31892165
This guy gets it
>>
>>31892102
>Singles
Terminal 7
>Doubles
Kinda malignant
>>
>>31892102
Honestly, with the prevalence of Phero, Garchomp, Kartana, Arcanine, A-Muk, and Nihilego all sitting in the top-20 VGC usage tiers, the Tapus feel like the least cancerous demi-legendaries in a while.

I don't think I've lost a match yet because of a Tapu. It's always some dumb shit that I didn't expect like the enemy staying in or worse yet, SWITCHING in on their counter and out-dumbing me. That, or that one AV Mudsdale that I didn't bring my grass type for. Jesus that was embarrassing.

Anyway, nah. I don't think the Tapus are Cancerous. I was so paranoid about them going into this season that I had a counter for Koko/Lele/Fini separately, all on the same team. Ended up not needing any of them. Scarf Lele can catch you off guard, but you should be going into matches expecting it anyway.

And if you're playing in Showdown or another non-VGC format...jesus, I don't know what else to say. Git gud? There are a million ways to deal with these fucks in OU. Although I will admit, there's less margin for error in 6v6. Shit gets bad when someone out-games you and deals with your Scarf counters before engaging you.

>>31892152
If they're talking about Battle Spot, Destiny Bond M-Gengar is the current Flavor of the Month cancer. Otherwise i'm right there with ya.
>>
>>31892258
Forgot Celsteela in that list. She shits on, what, 3 of the 4 tapus? And her Special Defense and AV sets sets can eat a TBolt from Koko and put it into the reds after a Heavy Slam.
>>
>>31892178
Arceus
>>
File: drapion_by_yilx-d3bg169.jpg (124KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
drapion_by_yilx-d3bg169.jpg
124KB, 700x700px
>>31892102
They are like little itty bitty useless nothing.
>>
>>31892102
They changed the face of the meta, so very. Can't wait till we get Tutors.
>>
People need to stop judging them as a group and start judging them individually.
>Koko is a fast electric type pivot with all the flaws that come with being an electric type with no coverage.
>Bulu is a strong wall breaker held back by it's grass typing and relatively low speed.
>Fini is a great utility mon with access to defog, taunt, haze, and scald, but has no recovery.
The only one that is ridiculous is Lele.
>>
In terms of Battlespot Singles:-

Taopu Leel - Nothing but Terminal 7 atm, she's replaced Mega Milf as the cancer of the meta, the insane popularity of the Scarf set just compounds the issue.

Tapu Fini - Very good, can counter a lot of top threats, but the lack of recovery makes her easier to deal with and thus keeps her in check.

Tapu Koko - Strong but hilariously predictable mon. Due to the huge presence of Garchomp, Mamoswine and Lando-T, electric attacks aren't blindly spammable, so you won't see anyone with half a brain running Choice sets(though you see it quite a bit in the low ladder among the retards).

Tapu Bulu - LOL. Ok to be serious, this dude is currently on life support atm. The Grass typing, even when combined with a godly typing such as Fairy still gives a mon some terrible problems unless they're naturally quick, which Bulu is not. Beedrill's return is going to finish this guy off for good.
>>
>>31892424
#NotAllTapus
>>
File: latest-10.png (34KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
latest-10.png
34KB, 200x200px
This bitch right here is the only cancerous one. The rest are just fine.
>>
>>31892454
stallnigger detected
>>
>>31892454
t.stallfag
>>
>>31892454
>Wall with no recovery
If Fini isn't paired with a Wishpasser its very easy to wear down. Being a Knock Off sponge that hates loosing it's Leftovers doesn't help either.
>>
I only hate koko. I have counters for everything else.
>>
>>31892454
t. Lele
>>
>>31892102
Fini is benign. It actually helps counter some of the more obnoxious shit in the meta, so it's actively beneficial overall.

Koko is fine, too. Probably a 1 or a 2 overall, as it does have some obnoxiousness to it, but still, fairly harmless.

Bulu is maybe a 4 or a 5. It unfortunately helps boost stall sets to an absurd degree, and because of it's high attack, great physical movepool, and the damage boost from Grassy Terrain, it can OHKO or 2HKO basically any mon in the game that is only neutral to grass.

On the other hand, it is pretty much the sole mon redeeming Sandstorm teams in the gen 7 meta, and is keeping Earthquake spam in check. Plus, it's the best designed overall Tapu. So it isn't all bad.

Lele is easily terminal 7. OHKOs or 2HKOs pretty much everything, weak to almost nothing, counters so many good things that were balanced in the meta before Lele banished them to unusable, and doesn't counter most of the broken shit that actually needed to be countered.
>>
>>31892152
Gengar is great in OU right now.
>>
File: SOON.png (23KB, 109x127px) Image search: [Google]
SOON.png
23KB, 109x127px
Oh boy, I can't wait to ruin all of your weekends.
>>
File: orangutan_square.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
orangutan_square.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>31892102
Terminal 8
>>
>>31892129
Anything that's remotely good=cancer
/vp/ is fucking terrible at comp, look at every one that was calling Talon cancer while almost every half decent team had like a Talon counter and a check.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.