[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you like stall, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17

File: funaware fairy.png (91KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
funaware fairy.png
91KB, 400x393px
Why don't you like stall, /vp/?
>>
File: 1487151568800.png (137KB, 718x636px) Image search: [Google]
1487151568800.png
137KB, 718x636px
>>31890753
Its annoying and it needs to stop.
>>
>>31890753
But I love stall.
>>
>>31890753
Like puns, it's fun to do it to others but awful when they do it to you.
>>
>>31890753
Its annoying, requires absolutely no brain to play, and makes matches last for centuries.
>>
>>31890753
Long games, and beating stall requires dedicated breakers that don't always fit onto a team. There are already so many things to prepare for, and so many roles to cover.

Duggy stall exacerbates this problem, and OU would be better off without it.
>>
It's boring as fuck
>>
>>31890753
It makes matches last for fucking ever, it isn't fun to do, even more annoying to fight against, requires zero effort or skill to do and its incredibly hard to break since most dedicated breakers are too slow to outpace the stall.
>>
>>31890852
Hyper Offense is the most brainless strategy, yet you sub 1900 shitters never complain about that.
>click x to win
>paper beats rock
>switch into scissors if paper comes out
zzzzzzzz
>>
>>31890753
i dont like full on stall, its boring and feels counterproductive

ive made teams in previous generations that leaned heavily on passive damage but i dont think they would qualify as stall
>>
okay, so i never ever played online

whats the point of stall? like... dont they go out of PP and eventually give a free win?
>>
>>31891741
No, they wear you down with lots and lots of passive damage like hazards and burns, while all their guys have huge defensive stats and recovery so you get worn down while they never die. Sometimes they'll have a single offensive pokemon like Weavile or Tyranitar or Dugtrio something, it's always a trapper of somek ind, either with PUrsuit or Arena trap or whatever, to kill off the few pokemon that could break their team.

You generally beat stall with Substitutes and setup sweepers, but unaware can fuck that up. Taunt causes problems for them as well, and so do a select few mixed attackers like Kyurem and Landorus-genie.

OVerall, they switch more than they attack and battling stall is a boring slog that can take hundreds of turns before you KO even one pokemon. And stall vs stall matchups are a complete snoozefest.
>>
>>31890753
Long, dull games where the stall player has an extremely linear gameplan that never really deviates from that. While doing that, the opposing player has to play High Risk for Low Reward, because getting statused, them getting up Hazards, or something like firing off a seismic toss is permanent damage. Meanwhile Stall can heal any damage they take, and once you've been stuck in a loop because you literally have no other play, they can make a play to gain tempo. I've gained reqs with Stall three times, it's the dullest, most linear playstyle that is more akin to playing solitaire than Pokemon.
>>
>>31891741
you win by forcing the opposing pokemon to expire from indirect damage. in some cases you can run out of pp but this is uncommon
>>
File: blank.jpg (24KB, 645x162px) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
24KB, 645x162px
Stall only happens if you let it happen. prove me wrong.
>>
Anything that can disrupt stall is generally seen as overcentralizing (see genesect) and gets banned. Duggy isn't the real problem, the problem is that OU consists of mainly defensive mons or shit with 180 attack.
>>
>>31891799

your set cant even scratch Skarmory what even
>>
>>31891730
And what's your rating hotshot?

>>31891815
Good thing we can use more than one pokemon.
>>
>>31891799
Is this some kind of showderp meme set? What does that garbage even do?
>>
>>31891793
Also forgot: stall players are the most whiny players on the forums. Anytime someone suggests that maybe this thing on Stall isn't very fun to fight, they throw a shitfit and start recommending you use mons that are useless in any other matchup than Stall. Take the Duggy thread, i like pink mons suggested Growth Venusaur, Swords Dance+Rocks Lando T, SD A Marowak, and Calm Mind Stored Power Espeon. They're fucking deranged and seem to think the Metagame is Stall vs Other, and then while suggesting you run garbage they bitch and whine about things like Hoopa when they come in. About how it invalidates this playstyle that, for some reason, people seem to think is worth keeping around. Even intelligent players on the Smogon forums think that Stall is a playstyle worth preserving, and while I legit respect those players and think they're better than me, I have no fucking idea why they're preserving literally solitaire. Its like fighting Final Countdown or Exodia in Yugioh, zero interaction with the other person.
>>
File: tapu_fini.png (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapu_fini.png
138KB, 500x500px
>Pack pic related and Tapu Koko/any other strong electric type
>Suddenly they can't touch you

Seriously, fini is the fucking anti-cancer, it dunks so hard on stall so hard it's not funny.
>>
>>31891894
*unsheathes Amoonguss*
>>
>>31891815
i didn't give this set on example on how to counter stall. to counter stall, you need to think about what stall your pokemon the most and put a move that counters it. for example, trapping moves can make sure your enemy won't switch out, encore can make enemies starteticly fragile to some high powered moves, mean look+ perish song punish anything that thinks it can outpp you, ohko moves... oh right, smogon hate those.
what was the last time you encountered stall?

>>31891852
1.torment
2. if enemy used powerfull move, use mirror move because whatever come next won't be as powerfull
3. if enemy used small move, fly to escape the oncoming hazard, knowing it won't use it next turn when it lands

it works in theory, but torment still sucks.
>>
If I'm going to lose, I at least want to lose in a timely manner.
>>
>>31891730
You completely ignored two of Anon's points and oversimplified the one that you did address.

Stall takes fucking forever. Even if Hyper Offense is a simple style, it only takes 2-8 rounds to end a match depending on your format. Even then, the matches are short with Hyper Offense not only because they rip through teams, but because a misread can turn the match on its head and the enemy setup sweeper/Beast Booster starts tearing through the Hyper Offense. (Although I'll admit, with Sash Pheromosa and Scarf Nihilego becoming so common this will probably be less of an "issue" for the playstyle).

Regardless, at least a quick match means you can get into a new match that you will actually enjoy that much faster.

Second, Stall is annoying. At least with Hyper Offense your annoyance stems from getting stomped and something actually HAPPENING as opposed to sitting there for 20+ turns waiting for your win/loss and feeling like a dumbass either way.

And
>paper beats rock
>switch into scissors if paper comes out
You scissors don't mean much when they're so frail that the paper you tried to hard switch on can half-health/OHKO it anyway. Again, there are definitely some HO mons that can take a punch, but to say it's easy as all that is just plain willful ignorance.

I ain't trying to be condescending or anything, so I hope it didn't come off as such, it's just that you're trying to compare apples to oranges. Stall is clearly a far worse playstyle for everyone involved except the user, as >>31890835 said. If you really thought HO was all that bad you would've dropped a "Why does Hyper Offense Cancer still exist?" thread.
>>
>>31891865
>>31891929

Basically got it right: Stall players sit there like the quiet little scumfucks they are, patiently waiting for their ill-gotten wins. But are the first to lash out when someone says that they don't think stall is fun or belongs in a game about literal monsters fucking each other up.
>>
>>31891909
>Works in theory
Works only if you your opponent's entire moveset and exactly what he's going to do every turn.
>>
>>31890753
Most of /vp/ just hates it because they heard it is bad. They don't even know what stall is.
>>
>>31891910

This. Win or lose stall takes alot of time and that's no fun. Not every match needs to be over in under 10 turns but 30+ turn matches are annoying.
>>
>>31892031
wew lad don't be handing out those implications like candy
>>
>>31892025
>know exactly what move the enemy gonna use every turn
the reason i put so much evs into speed is because i want to use LAST turn data. granted, faster pokemons are bad news, but thats just how life is. (unless they are scarfed, torment is the best move to use on choice enemies... well, the best move after disable.)
>>
File: 1444423148206.jpg (77KB, 1152x862px) Image search: [Google]
1444423148206.jpg
77KB, 1152x862px
>tfw you go against an anti-stallcuck who tells you to stop fighting dishonorably
>>
>>31892222
DELETE THIS
>>
i don't really know what stall is... does this counts as stall?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-535386659
>>
>>31892264
No.
>>
>>31890753
You know Yiazmat from Final Fantasy?

Take the Yiazmat fight, put it into a tournament or ladder, and have a community supporting Yiazmat play styles that likes shitting on people for not liking Yiazmat.
>>
>>31892284
which turn did you stop watching? this battle lasted 50 turns.

anyway, what makes a stall?
>>
File: IMG_0344.jpg (93KB, 1024x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0344.jpg
93KB, 1024x623px
>>31892031
This is essentially what every Stall team has, but without Toxapex in it.
>>
>>31892264
if the team has at least 3 of

>chansey
>skarmory
>mega sableye
>amolomola
>amonguss
>toxapex
>quagsire
>clefable
>shedinja

it's probably stall
>>
>>31892318
what in their usage makes them stall?
>>
>>31892328
Stall is a combination of extremely effective Walls, an Unaware mon, Hazard setters, mons that spread status, and usually a trapper. It's a bit simple and missing a ton of the details, but it has to do for now. Trying not to be a dick, but from the replay you shared it looks like you're not at all experienced with the metagame, which makes it harder to explain. Stall essentially operates on the premise that you have something that can wall almost every Pokemon in the metagame, with Unaware mons being able to deal with setup sweepers. Stallmons usually have the ability to heal themselves with the use of Softboiled, Wish, or the ability Regenerator. So then it boil down to Stall healing off all the damage they take while you do damage to the other team that usually cannot heal, and if they can spread status that makes them easier to beat.
>>
>>31890753
Because stall players are faggots who don't dare take on the most cancerous pokemon face to face and also basement trolls who still live with their moms and actually have the time and dedication to sit through half an hour just for 1 fucking shit match.
>>
>>31892328
chansey soaks up special hits
skarmory soaks up physical hits and defogs any hazards that manage to get past mega sableye
m-sab blocks hazards with magic bounce
alomomola is a bulky water that spreads status and passes wish
amoonguss soaks up volt switches
toxapex comes in on resisted physical hits and lays toxic spikes or fishes for scald burns
clefable and quad stop setup because unaware
shedinja comes in on something that can't touch it and spreads status

all of these mons bar shedinja also have ways to restore HP, keeping them healthy throughout the match
>>
>>31892315
Half of those aren't even used anymore.
>>
>tfw Clefable, Slowbro, Skamory and Sableye were always my favorites even before I knew that they were apparently cancer
>tfw I can piss people off by using my favorites
>>
>>31892366
i meant what makes a playstyle stall, not how to acheive stall trough playstyle. i want to ask, if that playstyle counts on long winded battles with the attampts to tire the enemy rather than just kill them down, is it stall? if a battle drags out simply because every person switch to counter or to use a defog or haze or bring in immmunities, is it still stall? if the enemy is setting up and you are struggling undo his work, which one is the staller?

>>31892397
blocking hazards is stall?
walls are stall?
>>
I don't give a shit, I just use and try to do my best with my favorites
>>
File: pink blob of stall.png (22KB, 261x285px) Image search: [Google]
pink blob of stall.png
22KB, 261x285px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>31890753
All this stall complaining sounds like a smogon issue maybe they should lower the timer like vgc but what do I know I don't play smogon and when I do encounter stall in vgc I have a poygon 2 that I carry to outstall and generally matches won't last more than 20 minutes if I'm in a stall competition
>>
>>31892456
Literally the only reason why this playstyle is viable. It will never be banned though because some physical attackers can break through it.
>>
>>31892456
>ledian used encore!
>>
>tfw Clefable is my favorite Pokemon but I like Magic Guard more
>>
>>31891865
There was an exodia deck that made top 8 or top 4 of world's back in 2012 that was actually interesting. Took more thought than most decks out there that just tried to speed through the deck as fast as possible.
>>
>>31891687
Ban Arena trap and we wouldn't have the duggy problem. Same shit we went through with Gothitelle and Shadow Tag before.
>>
>>31892440
Blocking hazards is an essential part of stall, yes. It's basically the entire reason M-Sableye is so busted, bouncing back the hazards at the opponent wears them down much faster AND stops you from taking any hazard damage. And of course walls are stall.
>>
>>31892502
Could you be a bit more specific? That sounds pretty interesting, but I'm going through the top 32 for that year and I'm only seeing Final Countdown, which look like pretty standard builds.
>>
>>31892467
Wrong. Stall teams without Chansey can work.
>>
File: premium bait when.png (697KB, 1372x767px) Image search: [Google]
premium bait when.png
697KB, 1372x767px
>>31892502
>Took more thought than the other decks out there
>Literally play draw cards and dump fader when necessary: the deck

Come on, anon. At least provide some higher quality bait.
>>
ITT
>bwaaaa people who use startegies are meanies! the only good mons are sweepers, everything else is shit and anything that might let them put up a fight is OBVIOUSLY CHEATING
I'm still mad over sleep clause.

>>31892530
essential part doesn't mean that blocking hazards makes a mon a stall. unless all walls are stall and all rapid spinners/ defogers are stall, what makes a stall?
>>
>>31892532
They can work but they are infinitely inferior to Chansey stall teams. Same with M-Sableye.
>>
>>31892549
>bwaaaa people who use startegies are meanies! the only good mons are sweepers, everything else is shit and anything that might let them put up a fight is OBVIOUSLY CHEATING
t. Didn't read the thread/cherry picked people who clearly don't know what they're talking about
>I'm still mad over sleep clause
t. I'd really rather my opponent not be able to play the game while I do whatever I want
>>
>>31892549
>Mad about sleep clause

I'm taking the bait, fuck it. How is incapacitating the enemy's entire team with no chance to fight back "strategy"?
>>
>>31892531
Iirc, it was Jarel Pro Winston. Not gonna post it here, but you can just Google his name + exodia deck and you'll find it easily. The round he lost is a damn shame, cause it's very likely he would've won the entire thing.
>>
>>31892563
just put sleep talk on everyone :^)
>>
>switcheroo AV lopunny
Funny way to shut down any defensive mon
>>
>>31892440
>>31892440
Stall is literally prolonging a battle as your win condition.
Offensive is trying take down as many different threats via direct attacking as a win condition.
Defensive is trying to put yourself into better match ups as possible as your win condition.
Hyper _____ is having only that play style.
Balanced _____ is a mix of the styles, with a leaning to one in particular.

This isnt just in Pokemon, these are some of the most common play styles around. If it's taken a while because he keeps trying to set up his fourth sd user, the he may be stalling, but his team isn't stall. If you're attacking with Megaeye, your are playing offensive despite using a stall Mon or team.

Play style and team build don't constantly match up. Stall teams and the person who is losing stalling are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>31892579
Funny way to be running a 5-mon team against anything but stall
>>
>>31892545
Interesting as in it wasn't the same old "spam my draw cards as fast as possible and hope I draw exodia or battle fader". It WAS stall, but he had to be careful with the order he played shit.

Then again, maybe I'm remembering it as interesting because that was the year of nothing but Inzektors and I fucking hated that deck.
>>
>>31892565
>google expecting something really cool
>standard exodia with the garbage people used for the terrible Air Hummingbird OTK
Bruh

>>31892579
That's a pretty powerful set, almost rivaling AV Rain Dance Goodra.
>>
>>31892591
Holy shit, yes. Inzektors were horrifically boring. Was it this deck, BTW?

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=2842

It's still solitaire and boring as fuck, especially with 3 One Day of Peace.
>>
>>31892594
It's a shit set, but the point is that it's meant to have Klutz
>>
>>31892594
Anon, it IS a garbage set, but not quite as awful as that, Lopunny can USE the status move thanks to Klutz.
>>
>>31892417
That doesn't help making Stall look good.
>>
>>31892591
>>31892603
>tfw actually really liked inzektorz after the nerf
With only one Hornet and Dragonfly you actually had to make a lot of decisions and had some mid ground plays you can make instead of having unlimited resources and the ability to go in balls deep every turn.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (14KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
14KB, 456x320px
>>31892315
>Cresselia will never be good again

why even live desu
>>
>>31892603
Yeah, that's the one. Looking at it again, it is boring as fuck, so it was mostly likely me just being all "At least it's not inzektors"

But yeah, he only lost because of language barrier between him and the judge. Somehow all the English speaking ones were MIA and they could only find one whose English was questionable at best.
>>
>>31892563
Lol.
Just use 6 delibirds ;^)
>>
>>31892636
I mean, it was definitely unique for an exodia deck at the time, especially with all the blue-eyes/super rejuv engine unlimited, but that's not saying much.

honestly I even miss that format now, this game has become such a fucking shitshow it hurts
>>
>>31892633
It will be good if it had Deoxys-D's move pool.
>>
>>31892656
>game has become such a fucking shitshow it hurts
At least Links show they're attempted to fix the absurd powercreep. The mediocre decks of this format make EDragons look like a joke.
>tfw can never go back to Synchro Plants format
>>
File: thanks doc.jpg (44KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
thanks doc.jpg
44KB, 300x271px
>>31892670
Dear god, yes. Synchro plants would be so fucking ideal, that was a great time. Honestly, any format before DUEA besides full power E-drags would be great.

Here's an image of thanks doc to make it pokemon
>>
>>31892561
>cherry picked people
you say that, but than you go and
>t. I'd really rather my opponent not be able to play
because there are no abilities/moves that nullify sleeping or pokemons that can act even while sleeping (restalk is a thing)
most moves that inflict sleep have reletivly low accuracy, and the only semi reliable ones are walled by grass type. why don't you just quit pokemon and go play dragon ballz if all you care about are powerfull moves and zero strategy?

>>31892563
>entire team
if you let me incapitate your entire tem, you deserve it
if you don't have sleep immunity, you deserve it
if the low acc of sleep moves got your entire team without you being able to kill the enemy while it tries spamming sing, you deserve it
if none of your mons have restalk, you deserve it
if ou can't counter spore because 'grass is a shit typing' you deserve it
if carrrying around toxic orb/flame orb is too much for your team, you deserve it
if safeguard is a waste of move slot, you deserve it
if misty tarrein is for girls and electric terrain is gay, you deserve it

seriously, this shit got more counters than pesky pables. why is it still around???

>>31892581
is hyper defensive stall, or while its very prolonged fights still doesn't count as stall?
>>
>>31892715
Boy, I sure would love a format where everyone has to base their entire team around preventing a single shitty mechanic from happening, that'd be so much better than that awful "variety" we have now
>>
>>31892711
Honestly, if I had to pick an era, either synchro plants or when xyz first came out. Both formats were fun as hell. Bubbleman Turbo was awesome, too.

>Crystal Beasts will never be consistent enough to actually be good
They're a shit deck, but they're MY shit deck
>>
>>31892722
>entire team around preventing a single shitty mechanic
you mean entry hazards?
you don't need entire team, a single counter would suffice. restalk is common among walls, so even without preparing for sleep it isn't bad to have one. toxic orb and flame orb have thier own uses even without sleep (hello guts) and the terrain inducing topus also shoot sleep in the knees. not to mention sleep inducing moves miss half the time anyway.
tl;dr git gud.
>>
>>31892715
This entire post says you want team building to be the least fun thing in the world, making it a checklist of counters to gimmicky strategies instead of being able to build interesting cores that are fun to play or creative. There's a tier for what you're talking about, it's called Anything Goes, and as someone who has been top 1 in AG, that tier is a fucking joke. If you don't like Smogon rules, don't play by them. Don't pretend you know anything about the game when you clearly don't though.

>>31892741
Heroes have been consistently fun as fuck. Even with the shitfest the game is now, I still like the Dark Law deck. It's probably the least fun iteration of Heroes, having no super poly feels like a fucking joke, but it's still the best thing in the game right now.
>>
>>31892782
there are already a checklist of things to counter. and you can't counter everything.

protip to team building: make a team, start fighting with it, if there is a hole in your strategy you keep falling to, devise a counter. don't bother devising counters to a hole that rarely appear anyway, but if 30% of your loses are due to reason a, make a place in your team to counter it.

but really, restalk is not that hard to have in a team anyway. and safeguard also helps against stuff like toxic and burn. and the topus are great pokemons even WITHOUT the terrains. and im sorry if you hate team building and rather just put fast & strong pokemons and win without using your brain, but thats why i sugggested playing a game that doesn't require too much tought.
>>
>>31892782
Honestly, I missed the game, but I dropped out once pendulums came out. Most unnecessary thing ever added to the game
>>
>>31892757
Teams in your shitty version of the game would have to look like:

Breloom (Absolutely mandatory)
Spore Setter #2
Gliscor (only other viable toxic/flame orb user, can switch for fini)
Restalk user
Tapu Koko
-Free pick! :^)

No sleep clause is just a massive hinderance to any variety in teambuilding and leaves the game in a much worse state than it was before.
>>
>>31892816
Nigger you keep talking with this holier than thou shit while clearly showing how little you know about this shit. Just shut up and quit embarrassing yourself, literally nothing you said is valuable information or helpful in any way.
>there are already a checklist of things to counter. and you can't counter everything
Yep, I'm the one shit at team building. Thanks for giving me advice, you're a fucking top SPL player clearly. You failed to address the main point, teams are going to look extremely similar. If you can put every thing to sleep, Breloom/Moongus will be on every team. The entire meta will be based around spreading Spore and countering the spread of Spore. I don't hate team building, but if team building were what you suggested it'd be a stupid cluster fuck with zero creativity and a standard team with minor variations between them. Also your constant assertions along the lines of
>you hate team building and rather just put fast & strong pokemons
I play Bulky Offense and Balance, but if it's more convenient for you argument you can ignore that and pretend I exclusively play HO you fucking tool.

>>31892820
Pendulums weren't necessarily a bad addition, but the way they handled them was horrible. Way too much versatility and the fact that they bounced back to the extra deck was just absurd. Then they go with the typical powercreep and give you +1 with summoning AND going to the grave on every card on the Pendulums too.
>>
File: ann.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ann.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>31892861
you don't need an entire team that is immune to sleep you know.
>but everyone will use sleep
well, sleep IS one of the main status effects. i don't see a toxic ban tough, even tough its very usefull.
if sleep ban was removed, would YOU use the team you just subscribed? no? than why would others? yes? than why not use it right now?

the original version of pokemon has sleep. your shitty version of the game distrupt the balance and really harm the viability of otherwise great pokemons.
>>
>>31892907
Toxic isn't banned because it doesn't stop your pokemon from being able to do anything. And I won't use it right now because sleep clause isn't gone, you fucking mong. I would if it were, though. Lastly, you can't trust GF to balance the game properly 100% of the time, not when they keep introducing shit like Megamence, M-Kanga, etc. into the game.
>>
>>31892898
Nigger you keep talking with this holier than thou shit while clearly showing how little you know about this shit. Just shut up and quit embarrassing yourself, literally nothing you said is valuable information or helpful in any way.
(no, i didn't meant to greentext that.)
>main point
the main point is what i addresed earlier. you brought the point of the game being less fun if its harder, so i adressed it.
>put everyone to sleep
sleep is good yes but as i said, there is already a checklist. there are many semi-broken things in this game that if you are not ready can fuck your shit up , yet i don't see every team carrying a shell smash cloystar. if sleep becomes more present, so will it counters. its called 'free market' and just like with any other threat, the metagame will balance itself out eventually.
>Bulky Offense and Balance
post your team and the most recent battle you had with it. just curious.

>>31892940
sleep doesn't stop pokemons from doing anything either. and there are places out there without sleep clause, just so you could see how your team fares.
your team won't fare well even witthout team clasue because sleep isn't that of a treat anyway.
>>
>>31892940
also
>gf are not always balanced
sleep is part of the original core game. megas are new stick introduced last gen.
>>
i have spent enough time among you whiners. smogonfags can't help but sing the song of their masters, but at least next time you mock stall users for 'crying every time their playstyle is being questioned', remember your own posts ITT.
>>
>>31892961
>Sleep doesn't stop pokemon from doing anything
>When literally the entire status condition is that Pokemon can't do anything for 2-5 turns

Anon, just give it a rest. Now you're spewing straight bullshit.
>>
>>31892961
Why stop at sleep clause? Why not get rid of evasion clause, too? Don't you Double Teaming Metagross on every team?
>>
>>31893032
Definitely :^) It was part of the original game like he said >>31892972
, gotta keep it in!
>>
>>31892961
>you brought the point of the game being less fun if its harder
Putting words in my mouth, you seem to think team building would be complex or more difficult without Sleep Clause, but it wouldn't. Team building would be extremely easy because something so powerful is so central to the game, that the entire game will be based around it.
>its called 'free market' and just like with any other threat, the metagame will balance itself out eventually
Once again, Anything Goes. The only key to winning in this tier is complete luck. I've topped 1 in AG and the highest I've been in OU is top 500, OU is by far the better tier.
>post your team and the most recent battle you had with it. just curious
Only replays on my current account are either me using Offense or shitty joke teams, would do a game right now but the ladder reset. This is my main team that I built with a friend http://pastebin.com/vSPhBQkF
And to your response on the other guy
>sleep doesn't stop pokemons from doing anything either
BRUH
>there are places out there without sleep clause, just so you could see how your team fares
The only format this is allowed that's even comparable is Anything Goes. Which for maybe the 10th time, is a horribly unbalanced format. If it were good it would have serious players, but it doesn't.
>>
>>31892861

There's no sleep clause in the battle spot and teams don't look like this.
>>
>>31892898
>>31892961
also, i need to apologize, i asked you for a link but as i said in >>31892982
i'm not gonna stick around so its kinda rude of me not to stay and wait for what i asked.
i came back just to say this.
(tough i see you didn't provide a link anyway so i can rest easy)
>>
>>31893107
Because BSS is far removed from 6v6 singles. You also don't see entry hazards in BSS, but they're a staple in OU.

>>31893120
I can play against you with Balance if you're gonna be that much of a bitch about wanting a replay.
>>
>>31893107
>3v3s
>Majority of people playing have no idea what they're doing
>Horrifyingly broken stuff that demolishes spore setters like Megamence allowed

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>31893131
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Post a link to the battle if he accepts, anon
>>
>>31893120
And if you do accept, don't take an hour to accept while you have access to my team's exact spreads. I know how you fucking snakes work.
>>
>>31893167
Don't you have more than one team to use? You could make a new bulky offense team so he doesn't cteam you.
>>
>>31893183
I mean I can, but I like to test teams on the high ladder so I can assure they're consistent. I'm not even that satisfied with the team I have now since it's super weak to Double Dance Lando and Defensive HP Ice Lando.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485939749740.jpg (61KB, 1076x902px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485939749740.jpg
61KB, 1076x902px
>>31892715
That's more one of those philosophical debates. It's less obnoxious if my opinion counts, but I play battle spot singles so we have different metas.
>>
File: IMG_4103.jpg (38KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4103.jpg
38KB, 454x453px
>>31891787
>Landorus-genie
DELET THIS
>>
File: 414.png (170KB, 320x323px) Image search: [Google]
414.png
170KB, 320x323px
>>31891787
>that one 300+ turns stall vs stall replay
imagine that in battlespot
>>
>>31893501
It's actually thousands of turns, replays just break after ~320 turns.

Also, battle spot has a timer, so it'd have ended a lot earlier. Maybe.
>>
>>31892579
>switcheroo
>assault vest
>>
>>31893620
Klutz
>>
>>31890753
I don't have time to play 60 turns and have not a single pokemon on either side of the field knocked put yet.
>>
It's inherently unfun is why.
>>
>>31893133
>Majority of people playing have no idea what they're doing

Stop playing Free Battles

>Horrifyingly broken stuff that demolishes spore setters like Megamence allowed

>Megamence
>Horrifically broken in 3v3

LOL! Megamence is good, one of the best, but he's nowhere near broken in 3v. He just doesn't have the support available to him to be utter cancer like he does in 6v6, making him easy to deal him if you aren't retarded. The same applies to Mega Luke and Mega Blaziken.

Mega Mom on the other hand was a problem, but she was nerfed thankfully and now Lele has taken her crown as the new cancer. Lelel nerf in Gen 8 incoming!
>>
>>31890753
It seems souless. Even if the team has all ~460 BST """sweepers""" you can tell they wanted to play for fun. The only way I can see someone having fun is if they want to post "U mad bro?" Trying to get a shitty reaction or literal man-child that takes pokemon that much
>>
File: 1458426104148.gif (197KB, 248x224px) Image search: [Google]
1458426104148.gif
197KB, 248x224px
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-538507838
>>
File: KyIU51m.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
KyIU51m.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>31894639
>StallIsTheNewMeta's rating: 1000 → 1040
>Sodia's rating: 1000 → 1000
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.