[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buff and nerf thread Wailord defense and special defense becomes 100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Buff and nerf thread

Wailord defense and special defense becomes 100
>>
File: Flygon_(dream_world).png (28KB, 397x517px) Image search: [Google]
Flygon_(dream_world).png
28KB, 397x517px
>>31879765

>Gets a viable Sand Veil/ Sand Rush mega for Sandstorm Teams
>>
>>31880699
>viable Sand Veil/ Sand Rush mega
yeah, no.
>>
>>31880699
>weather-dependent mega
>viable
Why are flycucks so retarded?
>>
>>31880699
how about we make it instead something different to chomp and zygarde so it actually stands out?

Mega-flygon
HP-80
ATK-80 (-20)
DEF-100 (+20)
SPA-140 (+60)
SPD-120 (+40)
SPE-100

Ability: filter (let's imagine the design emphasizes the googles and desert dweller aspect)
Learns shore up and calm mind
>>
>>31881594
I'd even go as far as unique ability giving him either straight out ice immunity or ice-type version of flash fire. Now that would give it a niche over chomp and zyg. I'm afraid it would make it too OP though.
>>
>>31881663
it already has a niche of being a much bulkier pokemon than garchomp, and now it's special and with an amazing recovery move, on top of a perfect defensive ability.
>>
>>31881541
m swampert sweeps uu
>>
>>31881732
that was gen 6, let's see if it can even stay afloat in RU when it's stone gets released
>>
>>31881594
>losing attack on a physical attacker
kek
>>
>>31881750
>not reading half the post
Because flygon totally will one day outclass garchomp and zygarde as a physical ground/dragon
>>
>>31881594
How about just capitalizing on whats already there

Ground/Dragon
80/100/80/80/80/100
80/135/80/110/80/135
Sand Stream

Pretty self explanatory. It has the speed to jump the gun before its competitors and enough strength to do considerable damage with whatever attacks it chooses. Sand Stream also allows it to play a support role combined with Defog and U-Turn.
>>
>>31881825
>support role
>with 80x3 bulk and that horrible typing
yeah, no. Garchomp and zygarde both pull of a support role better, not to mention they also have a great physical prescence, and garchomp has roughly the same attack, increased bulk, AND can carry an item.

Flygon won't stand out as a physical pokemon as long as those two exist, that's why I said to try to give it a niche. Give it all the speed you want, it won't be good with such horrid bulk, or at least not better than the other two, without beedrill-tier minmaxing
>>
>>31881879
>with 80x3 bulk and that horrible typing
>pre-mega sableye manages support with 50/75/65, a fairy weakness and no notable resists

Garchomp and Zygarde comparisons aren't justified as its not aiming to replace them. It's essentially comparing Thundurus-I to Zapdos.
>>
>>31880699
>Giving it anything but Arena Trap
>>
>>31882195
sableye had one weakness, and essentially far more defense thanks to priority w-o-w, on top of reliable recovery and a free item slot.

It isn't the same, since flygon's number one issue is that it has always been an inferior garchomp. It's only use is either a shitty support deffoger or a poor man's garchomp. By making it faster and have it hit as hard as chomp you're still keeping it just as bad. And if you want it to be, say, a more mementum oriented mega, we already have beedrill who is faster and hits harder, much harder, on tp of dozens of memeturn mons like lando-T and pheromosa, who also hit harder.
>>
File: IMG_0386.jpg (251KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0386.jpg
251KB, 500x500px
>>31879765
Give it levitate to be immune to ground moves and spikes/web
>>
>>31882612
now THAT sounds like OU material
>>
File: poliwrath rare candy use edit.jpg (21KB, 326x374px) Image search: [Google]
poliwrath rare candy use edit.jpg
21KB, 326x374px
>>31879765
+20 attack
Aqua jet
Maybe Close combat
>>
>>31882481
Flygon's main issue it its mediocre stat spread limiting its potential. In ORAS RU it was a very capable Defogger and choice sweeper. Garchomp's existence doesn't change this, it will still lose to the same strong Pokemon today. This mega's only purpose is to give it a relevant niche as an ultra fast Sand supporter with U-Turn, Defog and enough strength to knock down certain Pokemon if necessary.
>>
>>31882948
Maybe you're right, but I feel such flimsy defenses, such a poor typing and such a cost to be used make it even less worthy of a slot on a team than regular flygon.
>>
>>31879765
I feel like people are glossing over the fact that this gives Wailord a BST of 610 and 170/100/100 defenses with 90 in both offenses.
>>
>>31883056
>The god of bulky Water types; either untauntable, unburnable or will PP stall you into oblivion

On the other hand, it still loses to leech seed and can't punch its way through a paper bag without some sort of boost
>>
>>31883056
Well then, Wailord is now a pseudo.
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>31883056
it's still garbage
and as the goddamn biggest pokemon ever, it deserves it

>>31883188
b-but anon, a pseudo doesn't... never mind.
>>
>>31883020
On the bulk thing, I don't think there's a reasonable way to both fix that and make it stronger at the same time, so its probably just going to remain a problem. Even with Filter, its three weaknesses are commonly used by Pokemon it wouldn't want to deal with anyways, except maybe Dragons.
>>
>>31883188
I'm ok with this.
>>
File: sawsbuck-spring.png (827B, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
sawsbuck-spring.png
827B, 96x96px
>>31879765
-Base Speed Stat Buffed to 100 (+5)
-Base Attack Stat Buffed to 105 (+5)
-Grass Type becomes Sawsbuck's Primary Type.
-Sawsbuck no longer has the normal type. Instead, its secondary type is dependent on its seasonal form.
-Spring = Water
-Summer = Fire
-Autumn/Fall = Rock
-Winter = Ice
-New Ability: [Name]. Speed doubles in seasonal weather*
-*Seasonal Weather*: Sawsbuck's ability correlates its season to weather. Spring = Rain, Summer = Sun, Autumn = Sand,
Winter = Hail.
-Movepool Changes: High Jump Kick and Seasonal Strike**
-**Seasonal Strike**: Physical 80 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 (max 24) PP Move. Type depends on season of Sawsbuck. 20% chance to summon respective weather.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.