[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I jumped late on the boat. Can someone red pill me about how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: aggron.png (133KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
aggron.png
133KB, 640x475px
I jumped late on the boat. Can someone red pill me about how to properly use z-moves in competitive battling (random wifi, no tier, I do it just for the keks)?
>>
use z-moves on gimmicky stuff like conversion, happy hour, mirror move,snatch heal block and stuff like that.

the former 2 make all your stats +1 while the latter give sharp boosts to either your attack or special attack.
>>
File: heartsbecome1.png (28KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
heartsbecome1.png
28KB, 400x240px
>>31871364
>Using Z-Moves should not be taken lightly! Only when a Pokemon and his trainer's hearts become one will the Z-Ring turn their FEELINGS into POWER
>>
>>31871364
>random wifi
Do whatever you want, people on wifi are actual retards.
>>
>>31871410
/thread
>>
>>31871410
I played a lot of wifi battles during gen 6, especially with X, and I can tell you that a lot more people are gud then you think. It was kinda easy to guess who was good at it by looking at their victories, and in team preview if they had a decent looking team.

>>31871387
is there any pokemon outside of Porygon Z that runs a Z move as standard set?
>>
>>31871452
Landorus sometimes runs the flying Z-move for STAB, since his only other options are HP Flying and Fly.
>>
File: alakazam.jpg (59KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
alakazam.jpg
59KB, 500x400px
>>31871475
is it really worth giving up on life orb and scarf for this?
>>
>>31871364
Metronome-Z for maximum meme potential
>>
>>31871567
Yes, especially if you also run Sword Dance or predict a switch
>>
>>31871621
what's the to-go flying move? it seems the only one it learns is fly, which means that after blasting the nuke you lose a moveslot
>>
>>31871648
It doesn't really matter on sweeper sets, since EQ/Stone Edge is already enough coverage.
>>
>>31871364
There are 2 use for them
>On Wallbrealers as coverage (Z-Solar Beam Heatran and Z-Fly Lando-T)
Or
>Use it to increase your stats on already useful status moves (Z-Electric Terrain Xurkitree and Z-Conversion Porygon Z)
>>
>>31871926
>>31872231
Out of curiosity, what are some noticeable kills Lando gets with Z-Fly? I can see what usage Heatran has for Z-Solar Beam, but is there any particular threat that Lando kills this way?
>>
>>31872243
Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, Amoongus, Tangrowth, and most Flying types.
>>
>>31872296
I checked Smogon to read about this, and their analysis sais z fly can almost kill celesteela. I needed to check this bullshit too, and in fact:

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Fly vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 62-73 (15.5 - 18.3%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

what were they smoking?
>>
>>31872309
It's a +2 lando on a Specially Defensive.

+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 330-388 (82.9 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
>>
>>31872309
you didn't click Z on the calculator.
and i guess they meant after a sword dance, which yeah, 80~90% a specially defensive or ohko an autotomize celesteela.
>>
>>31872309
>252+ Def

Anon, all Celesteelas are specially defensive.
>>
>>31871364
Salamence turns into a terrifying snowball of death and destruction with Z-Fly:

Salamence @ Flynium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/4 SpD
-Dragon Dance
-Fly
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Basically set up a Dragon Dance and use Z-Fly as a nuke to proc Moxie and get momentum going. Then proceed to spam Earthquakes/click Outrage and win.

Probably one of the most fun and satisfying sets desu.
>>
>>31871364
On the order of usefulness:
>on a good offensive type and pokemon
>as a support move (Z-Conversion, Z-Hypnosis, etc)
>as a coverage move

The most basic, braindead one is Z-Shadow Claw on Mimikyu.
>>
>>31871364
They are great for memery
>Z-splash gyarados
>Z-conversion porygon Z
>extreme evoboost eevee in doubles
>Z-metronome clefable
>>
why is z-flynium so fucking good, are the other z-crystals even trying?

but seriously, after skipping gen 6 entirely and coming to SM, flying is such a godlike stab and nothing worth shit ever capitalized on it before aerilate/gale wings/z-flynium.
>>
>>31872422
Lando sometimes opts for Z-Stone Edge instead, if they don't want to waste a moveslot on Fly. A few other Pokemon with gaps in their coverage also run Z-moves, like Heatran running Z-Solarbeam to nuke water and ground types.
>>
>>31871452
A-Persian runs Z-Parting Shot.

I also want to try out Z-Lock-On Magnezone with Zap Canon, but I think a single boost to speed might not be worth it.
>>
>>31871387
>Z Conversion is the closet thing we'll get to Conversion Z
>>
File: 1484200692915.jpg (10KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484200692915.jpg
10KB, 158x200px
>>31871364
Grassium Z Heatran is unexpectedly good. I've killed stuff like mega slowbro and tapu fini on the switch, and made people rage quit.
>>
>>31872413
>Z-splash gyarados
I need this.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.