[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Predictable or unexpected?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 92840.jpg (31KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
92840.jpg
31KB, 500x250px
What do you prefer when it comes to starters?
>>
Good design.
>>
>>31866128
I do not have a preference about the subject. If the desing works i'm fine.

I like both of those in the image btw
>>
>>31866128
No preference. It doesn't really matter to me, I'll be able to enjoy whatever comes out of a starter's evolutions if I enjoy the base form.
>>
>>31866128
ZERO GIMMICKS. Look at that bitch's pearl/bubble hair tie and necklace. Look at the star. Look at the past 2-3 gens. Why did they start adding these retarded gimmicks to Pokemans? Look at the difference between those two in the picture. One is believable, the other is some fag bullshit. Am I really supposed to believe every single new grass starter decided to put on a green hood? Every new fire starter decided to put on a belt? It's retarded. They replace original idea with these irl gimmicks. Not to mention this biped shit needs to stop. They can make a decent mon without making it completely biped and buff
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>31866166
>two completely unrelated Pokemon both in theme and inspiration need to look consistent with each other
>>
>>31866166
>They can make a decent mon without making it completely biped and buff
Oh the irony.
>>
good design with an all-around androgynous feel for people who either like feminine or masculine pokemon.

i think the perfect execution of this would be serperior and maybe fennekin.
>>
>>31866128
Both are fine. Personally, the only starter I hate is Emboar
>>
>>31866128
Anything with a complex design that isn't too overdesigned at the same time
>>
>>31866166
Hello Hazeldex, still haven't found that chair or rope?
>>
>>31866199
Excuse you but I think buff Primarina is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>31866166
this is the right answer.
>>
>>31866166
>Seven fire starter final evos are bipedal
>Five water starters are bipedal, one is quadrupedal, and one is neither
>Three grass starters are bipedal, three are quadrupedal, and one is neither
Why is grass so best and purest type?
>>
>>31866166
Bipedal starters per gen
Gen 1: 2
Gen 2: 2
Gen 3: 2.5
Gen 4: 2
Gen 5: 1.5
Gen 6: 3
Gen 7: 2
rly maks me thunk
>>
>>31866128
The first form needs to be cute with a strong personality. The last form needs to be the logical extension of the first form's base design and concept. Middle form needs to be an even mid-point between the two.
>>
>>31866166
I hate trap seal as much as anyone, anon, but devil's advocate here. Just because there are newer gimmicky starters, doesn't stop the old basic ones from still existing.

You can still like the starters you like and be completely unaffected by the garbage new ones.
>>
>>31868975
I'm going to go off this a little.
>First form's memorable with a strong personality
>Final forms look powerful and follow a logical extension of the others visually. Just following the theme with barely any connection is bad.
>Mid eve isn't just a boring tween between the first and third. It's a unique stand alone design, that still fits in the middle.
>>
>>31866128
These are my two favorite water starters
>>
>>31866272
grass really is the basest
even the ones people shit on like the snake-mon and meganium i personally think are high tier pokemon design

>>31866285
can you read? when did i say bipeds got more common? second off, there's a difference between charizard/blastoise and chesnaught/delphox; the second two being very clearly humanoid

also you don't know what biped means if you think infernape counts. also empoleon is a fucking penguin, which is in stark contrast to a humanoid boar

humanoid bipeds are incredibly unoriginal
>>
good designs. The 7th 3th stages are all garbage. Its just sad. Give me one good one Game freak please...
>>
>>31868985
i agree wholly, im just salty they keep doing this; the gen7 water starter would've been fine if they didn't already inject a personality into it for me. like there's no imagination there
>>
>>31869004
Middle forms can be tough to make distinct, but I feel they're best when they're simultaneously stronger versions of the starting forms and weaker versions of the final forms. I think it's a problem when fans prefer a middle stage over a final stage (Incineroar, Delphox, Samurott).
>>
Predictable
All the gen seven 3rd stages are bad in my opinion doesnt matter if they were unexpected. Make em look good then.
>>
>>31869046

keep crying. Game Freak doesn't owe you shit.
>>
>>31869046
Wait for gen 8 to have the starter just become completely humanoid even moreso. Then youll start to see why people like gen 7 starter 3rd stages.
>>
>>31869082
i wouldn't be surprised if they got the hint against these dumb humanoid forms

even though there's still people on /vp/ that think early bipeds were the same as bipeds we have now. like the first legit humanoid biped was blaziken, but he was the first like it so it wasn't that trite.

but i sadly can't see them switching the main problem: giving a set personality/aesthetic to an entire species of mon
>>
Feraligator a bro
Primarina a faggot
>>
>>31866139

This.
>>
>>31866166

People might be lashing out on this guy, but he's not too far off from the truth. There's a difference between looking natural with parts that clearly belong to them and looking like they have extra accessories to them design wise. Some of Primarina's frills can still pass off as natural for instance, but the one in its shoulders and head clearly step off that mark. The bubble barrettes can still pass off as natural because it fits thematically with the way it operates and acts, the starfish on both ears just passes off as if this pokemon constantly fishes for two symmetrical starfish for earrings from the bottom of the ocean to pass off as this pop idol diva because otherwise, it barely makes a lick of a sense. The spikes/fins can still make sense in the sense of defenses/looking like a fish.

That's the bloody difference.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.