[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled-1.jpg (136KB, 1451x515px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
136KB, 1451x515px
>>
>>31863970
>No Physical/Special split
That alone makes it shit desu.
>>
File: 1475607362267.png (162KB, 339x361px) Image search: [Google]
1475607362267.png
162KB, 339x361px
>console spinoffs
>>
>>31863970
>XD

get out
>>
>>31863970
Would be the GOAT if they had physical/special split and wifi.
>>
>>31863979
they're canon
>>
>>31863979
dummy alert
>>
File: 1402015011910.png (44KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1402015011910.png
44KB, 349x349px
>>31863970
I dunno about perfect, RS were pretty rocky. Definitely the most significant generation for the franchise's development, though, and infinitely better than the trash the DS had.
>>
File: Pikepek_button.gif (623KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Pikepek_button.gif
623KB, 480x270px
>>31863970
>Can't transfer Pokemon from GSC due to some stupid iv shit

Why even live?
>>
Well they aren't particularly flawed but they aren't very good for the most part either.

>>31864014
actually it was because they couldn't get the GBC and GBA to communicate
>>
>>31863970
No. As a guy who lived through the brilliance of Gen 2, Gen 3 was very underwhelming. There was more to do in GSC which were older games on less powerful hardware.
>>
>>31863979
This, they are shit
>>
>>31863970
My favorite gen. Not perfect but I'll be playing Gen 3 until the end of time.
>>
>>31864128
either autistic or hasn't played them
>>
>>31863970
gen 3 was the beginning of the end. Failed to live up to the improvements and innovations that gen 2 made, just a rehash of gen 1
>>
>>31863978
This is true.
They're so frustrating to replay. You'll end up with pokemon that are useless just because they don't have the correct correlation between being a physical or special attacker, and what type they are.
>>
Fire Red and Leaf Green are the worst games in the whole series in my opinion. The rest in the pic are great.
>>
>>31863979
>>31864128
simply wrong. Probably never played XD. download an emulator.
>>
>>31864174
Why don't you like FRLG? They are my favorites.
>>
>>31864189
Played it and i regret the waste of time (seriously, they are okay-ish, nothing amazing though.)
>>
>>31863970
Hoennbabies need to be eradicated.
>>
>>31864165
gen 3 added the most meaningful mechanics in the entire series
>>
>>31864246
not him, but FrLg are just Ok at best because they purposely omitted features just introduced the last 2 generations for the sake of being a remake.

>no breeding until postgame
>No berry growing system
>nearly all berries are locked behind some dumb wireless minigame
>no contest
>no way to even see ribbons, even though you get a ribbon from the league
>No time system, making it impossible to get 2 eeveelutions
>gen 1 pokemon can't evolve into gen 2 forms till after you get national pokedex

I get that they wanted to do a honest remake, but they were a bit too picky with what features they wanted to include and not include and what they wanted to make you wait till post game to do. HGSS suffer the same thing, with Kanto still being a boring sequence-less shit show boss rush with nothing to do there afterwards, meanwhile they have these things called super contest that were just introduced that same generation but are nowhere to be found in HGSS.
>>
The gamecube games are by far the best pokemon games.

Everyone who thinks differently, is a 6v6 singles manbaby that can't handle the complexity and pace of doubles.
>>
>>31864165
>Failed to live up to the improvements and innovations that gen 2 made
Despite either improving on them all our having something better.
>>
File: Box_RS_EN_boxart.png (338KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
Box_RS_EN_boxart.png
338KB, 324x450px
OP forgot one.
>>
>>31865695
>Those games are the best and those who don't agree with me are manbabies
This is how an Hoennbabie thinks.
>>
>>31865652
Pokeathlon
>>
File: FRLG_Music_Super_Complete_back.png (2MB, 873x861px) Image search: [Google]
FRLG_Music_Super_Complete_back.png
2MB, 873x861px
>>31865652
>no breeding until postgame
Even then the breeding is still cumbersome because you have to fly to Cycling Road and the take the ferry to see if the daycare man is outside. Emerald has faster breeding. I just use Emerald to breed pokemon for FRLG.
>No berry growing system
>nearly all berries are locked behind some dumb wireless minigame
Don't care.
>no contest
Don't care.
>no way to even see ribbons, even though you get a ribbon from the league
Don't care.
>No time system, making it impossible to get 2 eeveelutions
It's worth it to not have a battery to worry about.
>gen 1 pokemon can't evolve into gen 2 forms till after you get national pokedex
The national pokedex should be available the first time you trade with RSE. Just like RS. It would fix so many problems.

Only the nat dex and the tiresome breeding being available so late bother me. I see how some people care about contest and berries might not like FRLG though.
>>
>>31863970

Pure shit. Literally and objectively a step backwards from Gen 2. Sad, really.
>>
>>31864189
not that anon but i have tried to emulate the Colosseum games. couldn't get them to run well. If you have an advice on what emulators to use for best results i'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>31864153
>>31864189
I played XD back when it was new and didn't really like it. The shadow pokemon gimmick was annoying, I don't like the double battling, and I thought the aesthetic of the game was generally shit. I didn't consider it absurdly bad, but I didn't care enough to finish it
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.