[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0556.jpg (77KB, 750x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.jpg
77KB, 750x777px
I don't think there is objectively a bad Pokémon design, I actually quite like them all.

Have I lost all sense of taste, /vp/ ?
>>
File: 1487650493739.png (124KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1487650493739.png
124KB, 500x373px
>>31860230
Yes
>>
File: shitcastle.png (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shitcastle.png
128KB, 500x500px
>>31860230
yes.
>>
File: 779Bruxish.png (404KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
779Bruxish.png
404KB, 1280x1280px
Not even this abomination?
>>
File: IMG_1645.jpg (703KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1645.jpg
703KB, 800x600px
No, I feel the same. I like certain designs more than others, however I don't hate any of them. They all have something unique to them and clearly thought when into designing each and every one of them, thats what qualifies them for being well designed in my book.
>>
It's perfectly good to dislike Pokémon designs. GF isn't infallible.

For me, my least favorites are, in no particular order:

>Aromatisse
>Slurpuff
>Lucario
>Incineroar
>Quagsire
>Rotom-Wash
>Heatran
>Arceus
>Mega Rayquaza
>Primal Goudon
>Primal Kyogre

Something like that.
>>
File: triggerfish990.jpg (168KB, 990x718px) Image search: [Google]
triggerfish990.jpg
168KB, 990x718px
>>31860247

Ever thought maybe it's intentionally ugly?
>>
>>31860273
>Mega Rayquaza
holy shit taste
>>
>>31860245
Metamorphortress is awesome, fuck off
>>
>>31860283
At least it has good color combination
>>
>>31860283
Intentionally ugly is still ugly.
>>
>>31860273
>quagsire
kill yourself
>>
>>31860304
But it's not bad design.
IMO the only badly desined pokemon is Lickylicky
>>
>>31860283
>>31860304
>>31860310
Intentionally ugly =/= objectively bad design
>>
>>31860309
Wooper >>> Quagsire

I was always upset with being unable to use Wooper in Johto because I would have had to evolve it into something I deem really boring. Sorry, friendo.
>>
>>31860273
>Mega Fug
>Primal Groudon
>Primal Kyogre
holy shit, this is some of the worst taste i've seen
>>
>>31860310
>>31860318
The only thing a design needs to do is look good. Appealing in any way. Being intentionally ugly is not appealing, thus it's a bad design.
>>
>>31860321

>Quagsire
>Boring
>>
>>31860323
I mostly just felt like those three invalidated their original forms. I also think Megafug is pretty ugly, but oh well.

>>31860331
Well it's not like I mind other people liking it. Wooper's just way more cute and interesting imo.
>>
>>31860325
Finding something appealing is a highly subjective manner of looking at things. While the majority may find good looking mons more appealing, you can't deny that there is some minority in the world who likes 'less-liked designs' better, finding them more appealing. All in all 'good-looking designs' are highly subjective and there just may be no objectively hated design at all.
>>
>>31860273
>Mega Fug
Fucking neck yourself sissy tripfag
>>
>>31860230
Not really as long as there are designs that you like more than others.
>>
>>31860451
That's bullshit. If we're going to be that technical, most of everything is subjective. All pieces of art, literature, music, everything is judged by subjective standards. There are likely some people who dislike every single one of them, so does that make every single one of them shit? No. Because minority doesn't matter in these situations.
>>
>>31860495
Yes it is bullshit, but thats how it works. Due to some edgy contrarian, nothing is objectively liked or disliked. And thats also applicable to Pokemon designs
>>
>>31860230
Bewear is my least favorite.
For my taste, every single design choice about that Pokémon is wrong.
>>
>>31860712
No, it's not.
Objectively, NOTHING is "good looking". Every piece of art, objectively, is just a jumble of colors. Nothing more, nothing less. Objectively, a drawing of pile of steaming shit is the same as that. Even if literally no one in this world likes it, objectively, it is just a jumble of colors. It's no better.

That's not how we judge art, though. No one cares about that level of objectivity. Different standards for judging that are accepted by majority, such as the perceptive, line work, color pallet. These are things the majority decided are what makes a piece of art good, and it is accepted by the majority. That's what matters. Even if some faggot comes out and says those things are wrong, no one cares. That faggot is the one in "wrong".

If some faggots are going to come out and say they like Bruxish, it means they have shit taste, not that Bruxish is good. When it comes to art, only what the vast majority thinks matters.
>>
It's good to see good in everything.

Even those cursed monkeys.
>>
File: no.png (35KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
35KB, 250x250px
I can understand how someone can like each Pokemon.
But can anyone defend liking pic related.
>>
>>31860883
The Burmy line is my friend.
>>
>>31860883
Easily. Mothim is a cute and 94 on both offenses with Tinted Lens is fun as all hell in-game.
>>
>>31860331
>>
>>31860862
I guess SM must be the best in the series then and TLoU is the best game ever. Also if your favorites aren't all popularmons all arguments for your taste are automatically wrong. Who cares about actual arguments, majority opinion is the only thing that matters.

You obtuse fucking idiot.
>>
>>31860956
I heard that it's impossible to get a Tinted Lens Mothim these days. Maybe the DP remakes will remedy this.
>>
>>31860230
I was the same until recently. The only pokemon I hate are Incineroar and Primarina.
>>
>>31861034
Damn, everyone here feels inclined to stick to one Alola starter. What's with Gen VII?
>>
>>31861023
Judging an entire game isn't the same as judging an artwork. And things that are popular, while not always, most of the time they are good. There's a reason Pokemon as a whole is more popular than Digimon. But that's a whole another thing I'm not even going to get into.

>Also if your favorites aren't all popularmons your taste are automatically wrong
Taste can't "wrong". It's just good or bad. And no, popularity alone isn't the determining factor that
Take a normal Pokemon, Teddiursa, for example. The majority doesn't care about it. Not many think it's "bad", because there's nothing inherently ugly about it, yet it has a lot of cute features, such as Teddibear-like appearance with small round eyes, simple design, fluffy looking tail etc.. Liking that is not going to get your taste labeled shit.

Another Pokemon, Jynx, lacks all of that and has a lot of ugly features, such as unnecessary details around chest area, dark colored skin with oversized lips and eyes, all with blonde hair that stick out over its red dress. Liking that will get you labeled your taste shit.

This is how it works. You're complaining in front of the wrong person here. I'm not the one deciding these things. There are things a normal brain finds cute, others it finds repulsive. People like and praise cute things, no one is going to do the same for the uglier ones, even if they're ugly on purpose.
>>
>>31860883
Its wayyyyy less worse than Masquerain. Gender based evos are an interesting concept and Burmy's line doesn't disappoint.
>>
>>31861106
vp is insecure as fuck so they go for the beta looking owl and call it edgy.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.