[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, how do we fix slow Pokemon? Trick Room and Priority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 534.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
534.png
1KB, 96x96px
Gentlemen, how do we fix slow Pokemon?

Trick Room and Priority have failed everyone but Scizor. What's left to do?
>>
>>31857149
TR is good in VGC, just play that if you want to use slow mons.
>>
Give them ridiculous offensive stats e.g. mega mawile or aegislash.
>>
>>31857149
Choice band
>>
>>31857149
Auto Trickroom and/or an extendor
>>
>>31857149
Conkeldurr is fine, it has great bulk. You should've chosen a worse pokemon
>>
>>31857164
>>31857220
>How do we fix slow Pokemon?
>Make them go first!

Come on guys there has to be a more creative way.
>>
Life orb for speed
>>
>>31857515
>Quick orb: Increases the priority of any of the user's moves at the cost of hp
Is it too broken?
>>
>>31857528
Still gets cucked by Lele
>>
File: toxapex.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
toxapex.png
49KB, 250x250px
>>31857330
There really is no other way. Going first/speed is the most important part of the game, why do you think speedpass is such cancer? The only way to make slow Pokemon good besides crazy minmaxing like Toxapex or Chansey is to let them go first.
>>
>>31857330
what else do you want op, speed is the most important stat in the game. if a slow pokemon wants to act as a wallbreaker it needs to have remarkable offense, good typing, and be able to tank hits. If it wants to be a sweeper, it needs priority or trick room.
Choice scarf already exists to make slow pokemon faster , so what else are you really looking for? many good pokemon are not especially fast, but are useful as defensive pivots, clerics, supports, or tanks
.>>31857528
invalidates choice scarf, makes fast pokemon faster, and is only really stopped by tapulel which is already a stupidly good pokemon, very dumb
>>
>>31857528
It would have to be like 1/3 of the user's health for such an insane effect. Imagine Rampardos.
>>
>>31857149
Buff the defense stats
>>
Going last now grants an accuracy bonus.
>>
>>31857149
Scizor is UU though.

Tyranitar is probably the best slow offensive Pokemon.
>>
I think the major flaw is that we have a meta where OHKOs and even 2HKOs are way too common. If everything but the tankiest of Pokemon are constantly under threat of being severely crippled or completely wiped out by a single hit, an arms race of speed is inevitably going to develop. If we want to balance mid-speed and non-gimmicky low-speed Pokemon with the higher speed ones, we need to make the game less of a flash burn pace and give Pokemon in the meta more turns to develop more complex chemistry.

Of course at that point everything would be Stall lite and I'm sure plenty of people would have very strong opinions to voice about that.
>>
>>31857149
an ability that heals 1/8 of the HP if the mon hits last; but only in slow bulky attackers.
>>
>>31858286
Halve all damage, including residuals, and halve all heals. And give rest 8pp.
This would fix the meta in that regard without giving stall the footing it needs, but it comes with the obvious tenet that it doubles the amount of turns in a game on average. Fine and dandy for showdown but this would be pure pain on cart.
>>
>>31857149
Priority on defensive manuvers.
>>
>>31857602
This. Nothing wrong with being a bulky attacker, but the problem is GameFreak cuts away speed to make frail mixed offense mons. Another thing they could do is just make more abilities (Analytic) and moves (Avalanche, Revenge, Gyro Ball, Trick Room) that benefit going last or being slow.
>>
>>31859297
We need steel or rock type version of Skullbash
>>
New move called Now Me that works like a backwards Me First.
>fails if you don't go second
>uses the move your opponent just used
>instead of increasing its base damage 50% it reduces their move's by 50%
Wouldn't fix everything obviously, but would be a neat toy to play with at least.
>>
Trick Room is really fucking good in doubles right now

Thanks to the biggest abuser of it in Z-Trickroom bronzong.

He gets an accuracy boost for his hypnosis which becomes mega cancer since there is NO sleep clause in doubles.

It's also good in VGC
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.