[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why gamefreak dropped the 3rd version model?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1412418576664.png (258KB, 871x290px) Image search: [Google]
1412418576664.png
258KB, 871x290px
Why gamefreak dropped the 3rd version model?
>>
>>31851090
Because Platinum was too good, and they stopped getting lazy.
>>
because new pokemon, region etc. sell more
>>
>>31851090
What I hate more than that is the fact every gen only has 4 games now
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 524x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 524x304px
>>31851090
Maybe because they don't sell as much
>>
>>31851119
Saved.
Gonna use it when the hoennbabies start swearing up and down that RS outsold DP.
>>
File: dualgenders.png (6KB, 820x113px) Image search: [Google]
dualgenders.png
6KB, 820x113px
>>31851172
>calling anyone a hoennbaby when he didn't even know gen 1 and 2 had dual types
>>
>>31851172
You really are an idiot Jimbo. No one says that
>>
I think Nintendo ordered them to cut it out since people just starting skipping the original versions to wait for the good one.
>>
>>31851119
They also take a fraction of the resources to make, since 90% of the game is already made.
>>
>>31851090
Third versions milk copy pasted games from two years prior at full price with changes that should have been in the original. BW2 did us the courtesy of making them sequels but even then there's a lot of copy paste. I love Platinum but I hate that it wasn't the game they released first.
>>
>>31851119
>Yellow sold more than X and Y
pew lad
>>
>>31851099
but Platinum was like a 7/10 at best desu

>>31851177
>>31851185
stop replying to tripfags you fucking inbred newfags
>>
B2/W2 was just a third version that they put more effort into, and they probably thought that having a new story would increase the odds of people double dipping.

They probably wanted to get gen 7 out before the 3ds ran out of time, so they skipped Z and moved those features to Sun/Moon.

That's only 1 (2 if you count gen 5) where they didn't do it. Doesn't mean it's a trend
>>
>>31851090

Technically speaking B2W2 are the third version but instead of a redo, it's a continuation

They still redid the region, which is the point of third versions
>>
>>31851090
Probably because theres no point to them anymore in the age of DLC and Patches.
>>
>>31851226
It's outdated.
XY has already surpassed BW.
>>
>>31853109
Things that Gamefreak hasn't been doing? (outside small bug fixes)
>>
>>31851119
>Making money is more important than making quality content
It's surprising that the opposite was once GameFreak's very motto, and now they've completely abandoned that notion completely. Heck, Pokémon only exists because its creator thought 90's RPGs were all shit and he wanted to make something excellent. It's fucking sad it is.
>>
>>31851119
Extremely outdated picture. XY have sold 16.06 million copies, outselling BW. SM are not included at all: they've sold 14.69 million copies and have thus outsold Yellow. Finally, ORAS have sold 13.68 million copies, outselling HGSS. Obviously, none of these help BW2 at all, which is still the worst selling pair of mainline Pokemon games.
>>
File: Pokemon metascores.png (348KB, 669x2762px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon metascores.png
348KB, 669x2762px
>>31851090
That's a very nice cherrypicked review OP, very good. However...
>>
>>31853373
Did Barneyfag Returned
>>
>>31851117
Gen 2 doesn't. It only has 3 games.
>>
>>31851090
Unrelated, but as much content as the game had and how ''addicting'' they claim it to be, I haven't touched my copy since I beat league and got to transfering my bros from older games
I just didn't find the content appealing, as much as it was there.
>>
>>31854874
Anon, its not the developer's fault that you lack motivation to fully enjoy the product.
Lack of personal interest or taste ≠ Lack of quality.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.