[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General: Fixed OP Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 53

File: Tapu-Koko-GX-SM2.jpg (478KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu-Koko-GX-SM2.jpg
478KB, 500x699px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>more frequently updated decklists w/tournament results can be found at http://thecharizardlounge.com

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

Previous >>31838929
>>
Why do regular GX cards look so much better than their rarer variants?
>>
>>31848593
To make blingfags even more garish.
>>
>>31848593

tauros, espeon, gumshoo and lunala look pretty rad

the full arts online are full retard design though, they look way better in person
>>
>>31848593
Full art GX>regular gx>reverse holo trainers>hyper rares
>>
>>31848619
Full art Supporters >>> Pokémon GX RA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else.
>>
SM-era full arts are, by far, the worst in the entire franchise. They're just one flat, uninteresting color with the Pokemon on it. SNORE. If the Pokemon is the same color as the type of the card then that just makes the card look even shittier.

Compare Espeon-GX FA to Espeon-EX FA. There is no question which one looks more appealing. Even Pokemon like Gumshoos and Lurantis whose color schemes don't blend into the background are stuck looking retarded because the background itself is bland as fuck

Rainbow rares are even worse since the literal entire card is just one rainbow gradient.

>blingfags will somehow defend this
>>
>one in three games in high elo versus are lurantis memelock decks

why

it's not fun to play or play against, you straight get shit on by any generic top deck like darkrai, yveltal, mewtwo or sometimes rayquaza if they go first

muh item lock
>>
>>31848789
That Lurantis/Solgaleo that got a 32 spot looked fun, at least Lurantis isn't exclusive to cancer.
>>
>>31848584
Is $90 a good price for a box of ROS?
>>
>>31848848
Probably as good as you can get without some ebay bidding or knowing distributors.
>>
>>31848789

Because item lock decks can meme out free wins, even against decks they have no business winning against, simply because of the item lock destroying any chances of you have of catching up.
>>
>>31848863
Cool, thanks.
It's a CSI sale and I've been waiting for something to bump my holds over $100 for the free shipping.
>>
>>31848873
Even if you open shit and don't get Lurantis on turn 1 but have at least a level ball, oddish, N/Sycamore and a forest you've just shut out shit like Decidueye and Volcanion.
>>
>>31848895
>you've just shut out shit like Decidueye and Volcanion
So not any of the "deck to beat." Got it.
>>
>>31848909
Generally what you shut off in the tier 1 decks is shit like VS Seeker and some attachments. They'll just lysandre your Vileplume up and smack you around after one or two turns then go for your Lurantis.
>>
>>31848924

Okay but you still need to set up, without items, and without discarding your Lysandre because you can't dig them back out. That's easier said than done sometimes.
>>
M Rayquaza w/ Jolteon
M Mewtwo w/ Garbo
Darkrai EX
Yveltal EX

what is best deck and why

i finna win a case tournament soon
>>
>>31849213
They're all equally good, you just have to figure out which one you're the most comfortable with and hope no one is playing hard counters at the tournament.
>>
>>31849213
Turbo Darkrai has the best matchups, consistency, and power.
>>
>>31849213
Vespiquen.
>>
>>31849221

so mega ray is out then, since parakek is in every deck. mewtwo only really gets shafted by gardevoir/rainbow road

darkrai and yveltal don't really have any existing counters outside of jolteon type shit

maybe i'll go with megamew and pray
>>
>>31849228
lol
>>
>>31849233
>maybe i'll go with [deck] and pray
Has been the motto of the 2017 season.
>>
>>31849233
>darkrai and yveltal don't really have any existing counters outside of jolteon type shit
>maybe i'll not play one of them when a case is on the line
really
>>
>>31849249

i've been practicing darkrai online despite not having the deck in paper, there's no denying it isn't strong as fuck

but it gets totally blown out the moment a regice or jolteon hit the field, legitimate no-win scenario and it's awkward as heck. how do you get around it?
>>
>>31849266
Ranger
>>
>>31849270
>>31849266
There's also hammering or flaring the Jolteon's DCE for next turn.
>>
>lurantis deck turn 1 locks
>before he can get a lurantis up
>then proceeds to dead draw and get swept
>>
>>31849329
my favorite is when I'm in a mirror with lurantis and the guy starts devoting resources to getting a vileplume on the field after turn 1 when we both have a lurantis or 2 up.

like my deck is built to work under item lock, why are you even trying to item lock?
>>
File: 1486533922789.png (202KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1486533922789.png
202KB, 500x738px
>ptcgo
>starting hand is 3 sycamores and 4 vs seekers

guess i need to shuffle better haha lol
>>
Thinking of getting back into the card game, but only online. What sets should I buy for code cards? I'm thinking Roaring Skies and Sun and Moon
>>
>>31849757
Sun and moon is very popular in trading at the moment.
Kukui alone is worth getting packs for
>>
>>31849757
ROS is the most valuable pack in print atm but the codes for it are priced accordingly. SM was a massive bargain a few weeks ago when shops were mass pulling to get singles but that's falling off so there are less codes on the market.

SM is currently the baseline value pack at 1.
ROS is worth about 1.5 SM
Generations is about 0.75.
STS/BKT/BKP/AO/PRC are about 0.5
Evolutions/FAC = 0.25

Looking at older packs,
PLF and HS-T are worth 2 SM
NVI is worth about 1.5.
XY sets rotated last year are worth 0.25
Other BW era expanded sets are worth 0.5
Other HGSS legacy sets are 1.0.

Gentle reminder to never ever buy mixed code lots without reading which codes are included since it's likely HUGE 92 CODE LOT has like 60 codes of evo/FAC.
>>
>>31849770
Just to confirm, Kukui has killed Giovanni?
>>
>>31850722
Why choose one when you can have both?

If you find yourself frequently emptying your hand giovanni can be good, but otherwise yeah.
>>
>>31850722
Absolutely, it's rare to be able to draw more than 2 or 3 cards with it anyways.
>>
I shamelessly stole this for my first standard deck, but i seem to have a lot of trouble with anything over 200HP. Any suggestions on how to deal with them?

##Pokémon - 13

* 4 Snivy FAC 5
* 4 Servine FAC 6
* 4 Serperior FAC 7
* 1 Virizion AOR 12

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 3 Energy Retrieval PLB 80
* 2 Professor Kukui SM 128
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Timer Ball SM 134
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 4 N NVI 92
* 2 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Shauna XY 127
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 8

* 8 Grass Energy Energy 1
>>
File: ezgif-1-f10bb6d1a8.gif (461KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-f10bb6d1a8.gif
461KB, 500x281px
>enter theme deck tournament
>literally zero energy until turn NINE
>even use Shauna turn five, get 0 energy
>lose round 1 due to bad RNG
>>
>>31850833
Once choice band comes out that will be your ideal answer for high HP things. But Serp is kind of a shit meme overall imo.

virizion also has kind of poor synergy with 1 prize cards since by design your deck will win the prize trade unless you're sacking multiple snivy in order to get one serp up (which is awful if you don't have a revitalizer). A revitalizer or two would be good. Up your VS seekers to 4 and replace super rod with a brock's grit so you aren't totally fucked by discarding items early game. With 4 balloons an eco arm or two could also be a good investment.

Shauna sucks, dump her for space. Replace timer balls with ultra balls, drop the energy retrievals, 3 of them is extreme overkill considering your main attack is 1 energy and running 8 energies gives you a pretty high probability of being able to grab one out of your deck on any given turn through draws/sycamore/N

And of course add 2 shaymin, assuming that's a budget issue though.
>>
>>31850913
Playing theme is miserable in general, I find that it's better to just play vs to clean out the bonus wheel daily.
>>
>>31850833
Serperior is a p bad attacker in the first place.

You don't need all those energy retrieval, and timer ball is really bad. Shauna can be replaced by Lillie or some other better draw engines like shaymin or poorfag octilleries. You could try to go for Giovanni's meme too for a bit more damage.
>>
>>31850934
Cheers, for the tips, yeah the shaymin is a budget issue. but i'll swap out for revitalizers when i can get my hands on them. i'll defiantly look into brock's grit and eco arm
>>31850989
i'll probably drop the Shauna for 2 more Kukui rather than Giovanni, as it seems to be a "pick both" option.

Cheers guys
>>
>>31850938
But I really really want those packs
>>
File: Choice-Band-Promo.jpg (102KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
Choice-Band-Promo.jpg
102KB, 600x838px
>>31850833
Serperior died as any kind of serious deck as soon as Muscle Band rotated out. It needs those extra few damage counters to be relevant. Wait for Choice Band in a few months.

((Each of this Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX))

Even then, and even with Kukui/Gio, when it can reach the 180 again (but still not an FFBd EX) it will now fall short of OHKOing GX since they all have 200+ HP.

So it will never be Tier 1. However, your build here can benefit greatly from Devolution Spray, Revitaliser, and 2 more Vs Seeker. The whole point of the deck should be to try hit with paralysis as often as possible so that the multiple low power attacks get the chance to add up / your opponent runs out of Lysandres/ropes to break your streak.

I would try
+4 Devo Spray (you can re-evolve if you have FoGP in play - no point making a serperior deck without maxing out this card)
+2 Vs Seeker (never reason to not run four unless you are making an Archie build or something)
+3 Revitiliser (quicker than Virizon's attack)
+1 Teammates (great draw card in any deck that dies often)

to make the room
-2 Shauna (You have good draw already)
-1 Level ball
-1 Timer ball
-3 Energy retrieval (Serperior is a 1 energy attacker, this is totally unnecessary)
-1 Balloon
-1 N
-1 Energy

You could make this deck much better again with some Shaymin, but I assume the reason you aren't running any already is that you don't have the means to get any.
>>
what cards are good in evolution? making a deck of that edition
>>
>playing with tryhard M-Mewtwo deck I threw together
>play against Bronzong + Solgaleo deck I was thinking of making
>they run into the exact problems that I was expecting to have
ha
glad I didn't make that deck yet
except I still traded for Solgaleo with a Pyroar GX and a pack
>>
>>31851152
Beedrill, Raticate, Electrode, and Starmie are good meme cards.
>>
I really want to make a meme deck out of Aether Paradise Conservation Area + Golsiopod.

But at the same time, I love Vikavolt GX and I know they both can't come together in a playable fashion.
>>
>>31851198
>Starmie
good i already have them
>>
File: 1480924638022.jpg (169KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480924638022.jpg
169KB, 1024x1024px
>>31850913
>Get matched against mental might
>Think I'll get a easy victory
>They have swoobat active hitting heads while kirlia and a miltank are in the bench in their second turn
>This might be bad
>Next turn
>Gallade
>W-well I also have a devidueye sitting in my bench I can still do th-
>Escape rope
>>
>>31851254
Golduck with Starmie and Octillery/Shaymin
>>
File: sm69.jpg (282KB, 1441x931px) Image search: [Google]
sm69.jpg
282KB, 1441x931px
what do i get
>>
>>31851602
That is a lot of packs.
go get four Mew Primes, those are cool
>>
>>31851602
69 basic energies of various types.
>>
>>31851455
1-2 Glaceon-EX is also good tech for that deck.
>>
>>31851602

Invest
>>
File: e4omo.gif (320KB, 324x200px) Image search: [Google]
e4omo.gif
320KB, 324x200px
>>31851638
>opponent has Miltank out, evolves their only stage 2 to Nidoking Break
>Powerful Friends does 10 damage
>>
So recently I emulated some Pokemans (Particularly TCG) and got the TCG itch. However Ive been out of the loop of Pokemon TCG for years and since then tons of new sets have released.

Is there a sim I can learn on?
Is there anything in the rules saying I cant use older set cards?
Anything to suggest to a newfag?

Help me get back into it.
>>
>>31851672

Read the OP. Everything is in there.
>>
>>31851672
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/

And read the OP
>>
>>31851672
Read the SM rulebook in order to know what new gimmicks have been introduced.

Also keep in mind that:
>You draw a extra card for every opponet's mulligan
>There is no coinflip if you try to retreat a confused pokemon
>>
>>31851672
you can use very, very few cards from before the HGSS era in modern formats. But if a card has identical text to a contemporary version you can use an older print.

In terms of how the game plays, it's pretty damn similar to how base set played atm except there's a lot more variation and a bunch of niche mechanics.
>>
>>31851777
You forgot cannot attacking T1 thats the main change.
>>
>against lapras GX
>attacks, delas 120 damage
>this pokemon cannot attack next turn
>Lysandre for a benched pokemon
>comes back to lapras GX
>attacks

I got meme'd on but thats unfair, it says it cannot attack, I was not aware that switching negates the effect of attacks unless I'm experiencing quality PTCGO coding.
>>
noob vespiquen players are the best, I love watching them fucking mill themselves to get some stupid overkill damage number then lose because they don't have enough cards left in their deck to play for 4 more turns.
>>
>>31851899
>I was not aware that switching negates the effect of attacks

been that way forever
>>
>>31851899
ehh, that is not coding, you just get used to it. Affects on the "attacking" pokemon disappear if it's retreated, same way poison or confusion is. So I can attack with Volcanion, then switch twice to attack again.
>>
>>31851949
best is when you use escape rope as a ghetto lysander
>>
Which supporters are getting rotated out?
Lysandre?
>>
>>31851981
none of this big ones this year iirc unless they rotate bkp/bkt
>>
>>31851992
>N will probably only rotate in fucking 2018
>>
>>31851992
>none of the big ones
>Hex
>Lysandre
>Teammates
>fucking VS Seeker
>>
>>31852083
From what I'm seeing, Sun and Moon has given us literally all these crazy trainers and older ones like Ultra Ball that I wouldn't be surprised if rotation just went STS-Current or SM-Current
>>
File: 1438313562145.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438313562145.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>the best strategy has once again been confirmed to be "attach energy to a 180hp basic and use the same attack repeatedly"

Great design.
>>
>>31852094
thought lysandre was reprinted in bkt, apparently not.
>>
>>31852145
Lysandre reprint was in Ancient Origins.
He's in the chopping block.
>>
>>31852159
it's good that shaymeme goes with him because without lysandre there's no reliable way to punish it.

also teammates, hex, ect are usually one ofs or used in very particular decks

and vs seeker isnt a supporter
>>
Without Lysandre or VS seeker I feel like the game is gonna get really really slow.
>>
>>31852136

>best strategy is to use energy cards, pokemon, and trainers

when is this game gonna change FUCK this shit
>>
>>31852175

>can't disprove it so just make a dumb meme response

brilliant
>>
>guy level balls
>fails to find a target
>level balls again
>fails
>sycamores
>uses another fuckin level ball

what is wrong with people
>>
Why are FA N so expensive on TCGO.
>>
>>31852196
Maybe if he Sycamores and uses enough Level Balls his target will come out of his Prize Cards?
>>
>>31852199
Ultra rare from a 5 year old set.
>>
>>31852136
Mons that play like that usually are low risk - ok reward. They're consistent, compact and it's very hard for them to brick.

Decks that are able to hit huge numbers have certain key drawbacks that could stop them in their tracks and can also brick a little more than the first ones, a little more risk yet a higher reward since they net KOs easily.

It all goes down in what is more consistent instead of just what is stronger. And that happens in every game where chance is involved, you always want to have a better chance to make proper plays.
>>
>>31852199
It's about the same price as a SR UB from S&M... which both go for ~$100 in Physical form.

I don't get what you're talking about,
>>
>>31852187

There isn't anything to disprove. Pokemon has always been about using a few select attackers and using their best move. You might as well be arguing to change Pokemon entirely, which is what my "meme response" was getting at.
>>
>>31852212
same fucking guy just poisoned me, then lysandre'd the poisoned pokemon out

also he takes like 2 mins per turn, what the fuck lmao how is he this high on vs ladder
>>
>>31852238
I've been seeing SR UB from SM go for 60 average. N is going for like 80-100. I don't see too many being posted.
>>
>>31852275
It looks like the price has went up recently then.
>>
>tfw you lose to a headspicker scum

worst feel imaginable.
>>
>>31852342
>tfw you see a wailord on the active spot and the opponent uses Team Flare Grunt

I want those meme decks to die.
>>
What's up with all those golduck decks on ladder? I easily beat it, is it supposed to be good?
>>
>>31852196
He realised his level balls are useless if his target is thinned so he just wants rid of them
>>
>>31852367
I actually just played against a Wailord deck.
They used it like once.
They only ever used Trick Shovel once, too.
I creamed him with M-Mewtwo.
>>
File: n.jpg (114KB, 564x775px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
114KB, 564x775px
>>31852083
I really hope he gets a reprint
>>
Rate this hot meme fresh off the forge before I trade cards to build it.

Keep in mind the objective is to make people mad before anything else.
>>
>>31852475

oh shit what a meme 10/10
>>
File: rats list.png (693KB, 926x588px) Image search: [Google]
rats list.png
693KB, 926x588px
>>31852456
He's an extremely popular character, I wouldn't doubt that he'll get a reprint at some point.

>>31852475
fuck i forgot my meme!
>>
>>31852487
So wait, what's the strat?
>>
>>31852487
Looks like shit. Hope I play you on ladder
>>
>>31852487
That doesn't even look like a gimmick, it just looks shit.
>>
>>31852498
snipe energy using gumshoos' ability+TSG (in addition to enhanced hammer and TFG for conventional energy disruption) then eat people with raticate.
>>
>>31852498
>Look what's the enemy weakness
>Drop the correct eeveelution

It might get someone with the sheer power of memes.
>>
>>31852518
And the BREAK is there because...?
You could put Poison Barb or something to drop a surprise Super Fang but the BREAK is like... well, out of place.
>>
>>31852518
Replace Eevee line with Hypnotoxic Laser.
>>
>>31852487
The Eeveelution's abilities don't work on Raticate BREAK do they? Since it's not a stage 1?
>>
>>31852537
HP if I don't need Eevees mostly though admittedly 110 is pretty shit regardless.
>>
>>31852534
To do that properly he needs either Steven (lol) or Professor's Letter to get the energy he needs.

That or Evosoda if he must attach the energy to the rat.
>>
>>31852563
Nah he just has to draw the correct energy :^)
>>
>Playing M Audino
>Go up against Decidueye + Vileplume
>He gets two Decidueye up on turn one thanks to FOTGP along with Gloom
>He's too afraid to play Plume so he trashes it with UB for a Shaymin
>get the chance to set up Garb and get set on cruise control for the rest of the match

Felt good, man.
>>
>>31852548
No
>>
>>31852578
Why people who insist on making decks with 3+ different kinds of basic energy don't just use Rainbow Energy is a mystery I will never understand.
>>
File: hydro dump.png (306KB, 489x522px) Image search: [Google]
hydro dump.png
306KB, 489x522px
>>31852487

It looks like you took two entirely different decks and mixed them together.
>>
>>31852675

I assume his train of thought are that Special Energies doesn't proc Energy Evolutio and it is Enhanced Hammer bait
>>
Sycamore isn't gonna be roated for another 2 year I'm guessing. Would be wise to buy up FAs?
>>
File: 1439447039292.png (127KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1439447039292.png
127KB, 520x853px
>>31852583

>Playing M Audino

Why? I get that it won Worlds, but it had Night March fodder to snipe back then.

>FOTGP

There's no 'the' in the card name, my dude.
>>
>>31852733
You sure tried hard to find reasons to get butthurt
>>
>>31852702
the only reason i had those energies is to use gumshoos as an alternate attacker, id never use the eevees as attackers lmao, they're only different types for the sake of random draws for eevees, which i'd have searched with level balls after I realized there's no reason to not run a few in that deck.

But I've changed it into an expanded deck with hypnotoxic and some trainer modifications, still think gumshoos/raticate will be decent just because of how you can get their specials into the discard.
>>
>>31852733

I wanted to give it a try. It's pretty fun.
Need there be any other reason?
>>
>>31852675
>>31852702

Yeah, Rainbow Energy would be entirely pointless in that list. The basic energies are only there to activate Energy Evolution; the DCEs are for attacking.

Not saying that it's a good list, just that the lack of Rainbow Energy is not one of its problems.
>>
>>31851702
>>31851708
>>31851777
>>31851796

Thanks bros

Started on no account and pulled a Giratina EX. The game wouldnt let me add my Trainer Club account and had to start new. Pulled a Talonflame as my rare >_>

Started off with PTCGO and I actually have enough monies from my trainer club account. What deck should I get? Metagross and Kyogre look cool and Kyogre would satisfy my daily challenge for a theme deck.

Any of the shop decks really good?
>>
>>31852172
we might get a replacement for VS. lysandre's replacement is repel/catcher which suck but arent supporters at least
>>
>enter tournament
>1/2 of the bracket is people with BR in their name

alright boys, easy 20 packs
>>
>>31852702
>>31852781
I mean in general, not necessarily just in this instance.
>>
File: 1439440963529.png (22KB, 490x502px) Image search: [Google]
1439440963529.png
22KB, 490x502px
>>31852745

>butthurt

The first part is a legitimate question and the second part is just a small correction.

Stop being so angry and then you won't read anonymous internet posts in a negative way.
>>
>>31852782

People like the Roaring Heat theme deck. Get that and then grind the Trainer Challenge for almost 50 free packs. Theme decks are generally a bad idea, but you need 4 of them to complete the Trainer Challenge so you might as well pick one up.
>>
>>31852798
Pics or it did not happen.
>>
>>31852837
I ended up taking 3/4th because my opponent got a tauros start.

tauros is actually a fucking cancer card, I hate it so much. Only way to deal with it is playing an OHKO deck and those are fucking boring. It's like TCPI wanted the meta to devolve into yveltal/darkrai/mega mewtwo.
>>
>>31852782
The fire and grass SM decks are extremely good.

Then there's the greninja one, the metagross one, the volcanion one, the noiverne one (not as good as the others but has some p good cards for standard play). Pick your poison.
>>
>>31852986
Damage Change Mewtwo has been a card for over a year now and no one thinks it's cancer.
>>
>>31853004
there's a big, big difference between doing it for PPC verses 1 DCE.
>>
I have around 3k trainer tokens, what should I spend them on at this point? I already bought 1 SM theme deck, should I buy more theme decks or buy RS packs only to try to get Shaymin?
>>
>>31853020
Yeah, you can use Enhanced Hammer to keep the Taurus from attacking. Also Damage Change even heals the Mewtwo so you can't even stack damage on it to work up to a 2HKO.
>>
>>31853049
Primal Clash
>>
>>31853049
clearly the faq needs to be changed to include these lines

WHAT DO I DO WITH MY TOKENS?
Buy one theme deck and then spend the rest on theme tournaments or ROS packs

WHICH THEME DECK DO I BUY?
The Incineroar one.
>>
>>31853133
We actually did that and then people autistically screeched that you should actually buy the bundles because while most promos are garbage and will never be playable, that's the only way you can get them and you never know when they'll be desirable so you don't want to miss out right anon?
>>
File: Rats.png (2MB, 1413x883px) Image search: [Google]
Rats.png
2MB, 1413x883px
>>31852487
I have similar deck but without Eeveelutions and it concentrates more on the disruption, however if a deck is playing 4x Special energy you will most of the time hit for that 240dmg anyway so I don't see point of Eeveelutions really, I do approve Raticate/disruption/Gumshoos though as I have used them fairly successfully myself.

Pic related, I made it like Day 1 when S&M came out and haven't played it since, definitely not the best build but I went 12 wins 1 loss with it and it felt fine, back then Greninja was still trying its best since Lurantis was only released so I slapped Giratina to have better match up against it.
>>
>>31853168
wait, you mean the pika-ditto that comes with 3 worthless packs and the plasma genesect that needs GGCC to do its highly mediocre attack aren't viable?
>>
>>31853168

Those people are literally the worst.
>>
>>31853192
>>31853221
B-but baka don't you r-remember stardust Jirachi? And AT Regirock? You d-don't want to have to spend 50+ packs for them one day do you?
>>
>>31853250
I remember when every idiot here actually said the Jirachi was bad and then complained when it actually was good because they didn't get it.
>>
>>31853250
I mean yeah, you should buy the promos if they're good, but obviously you don't want to blow 2,400-3,200 tokens getting a playset of useless promo cards when you could buy a dozen or more chances at drawing shaymeme. Shit, even the good promos are usually so niche that I'd recommend rolling the dice on shaymemes before getting them.
>>
>>31853298

I also remember when every promo fag gloated that they'd never put it back in the store, then they put it back on the store lmao
>>
What cards are gonna be good in Guardians Rising?
Topu Lele?
>>
Those 24 tickets tournaments are great. I have like 400 because regular ones just aren't worth my time
>>
>>31853366
Yes.

Guardians is going to be the most valuable pack for a LONG time thanks to her. The new shaymeme.
>>
>>31853358
Oh you were one of them.

Is there even anyone that isn't bordering on 25000 coins at all times? You don't even need to play the game much.
>>
>>31853489
I have everything except for FA and UR stuff so I crack packs for UR and shits. What else am I supposed to use my coins on?
>>
>>31853366
Tapu Lele is a one of in every deck, two of when Shaymeme leaves.

Tapu Bulu is the grass type partner that Lurantis was looking for

Lycanrock night-GX is going to be very good since Lysandre is leaving

Tapu Koko will be pretty good too.

Baby Lurantis and baby Solgaleo will both see use.

Golisopod's strong anti-EX/GX

Choice Band and Aether Conservation Area are both good trainers. Hala and Mallow are both useful supporters and people will want FA mallows to jerk off on.
>>
>>31853366
We don't even know all the cards yet, but Tapu Lele, Mallow and Golisopod all seem like safe bets for good cards.
>>
>>31853577
Maybe I'm getting old but I honestly don't find Mallow, Lana or Lilie attractive
>>
File: 1481164716500.png (309KB, 721x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1481164716500.png
309KB, 721x1043px
>>31853589
she's no juniper or skyla, but Mallow'd be a fun one. She's supposedly 17 so she's not a loli unlike the other two.

Lillie and Lana don't tickle my fancy though. Mina and Mallow are the best ones this gen.
>>
File: AnjellyGetsVeilered.png (298KB, 1373x1125px) Image search: [Google]
AnjellyGetsVeilered.png
298KB, 1373x1125px
>Playing Volcanion
>Guy is playing Full Retaliation Gyarados, about to run through my shit
>He gets down to 1 prize card, 3 Magikarp and a Shaymin on the bench
>N him down to 1 card in hand and kill the Gyarados
>Draws for turn
>The 2 cards in his hand are Teammates and Shaymin
>>
>>31853621
Mina is even worst than the 3 I listed imo. Sightseer chan is best girl
>>
>>31853634
to be fair memedecks like gyarados and lucario tend to run multiples of teammates.
>>
>>31852817
>>31852999

Thanks

Bought roaring heat and also made a water deck

Dewgong is retarded early game. Who thought guaranteed status was a good attack? Might just be the way I feel because old PTCG had you roll for everything unless it was hypnosis.
>>
>>31853634
His fault for not having two meme helmets on the 'Dos even if he did topdeck nuts
>>
>>31853704
>his fault

he clearly won that game by getting another gyarados on the field then getting a new hand by playing shaymin unless I read that wrong.
>>
>>31853689
>Dewgong is retarded early game

Just wait untill you see this guy on your theme adventures :^))
>>
>>31853727
Yeah obviously he topdecked exodia and won but had he not he would've been fucked. That's why the deck runs meme helmets, so you can survive getting N'd to 1-2 late game.
>>
>>31853764
I should build a deck with just that and Dewgong, maybe Malamar too if I can slot it. No goal except piss people off
>>
>>31853764
confusion is the most annoying bullshit in this game and the sole reason I hate playing against espeon.

Like Espeon is not a good card imo, but holy fuck that one energy confusion is annoying.
>>
>>31853817
>he doesn't play 4x Pokecenter lady
>>
File: 1480173718753.jpg (101KB, 688x917px) Image search: [Google]
1480173718753.jpg
101KB, 688x917px
What's Mallow's effect?
Can I get a full art like this?
>>
>>31853822
I wish there was an item card that did was pkmn center lady did, Malasada doesn't heal quite enough to be worth it and using up your supporter for the turn on a heal usually slows you down more than it's worth.
>>
>>31853832
Oracle from skyridge. Search your deck for 2 cards and put them on top of the deck.

You'll have to combo it with ability based draw support to avoid getting N'd but it's still a pretty decent card.
>>
File: oracle-skyridge-sk-138.jpg (154KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
oracle-skyridge-sk-138.jpg
154KB, 600x825px
>>31853832
Mallow is quite literally just Oracle but with a different name.
>>
>>31853841
Mallow then Oranguru/Octillery. Oh god. She's gonna be fun after rotation.
>>
File: Serperior.png (1MB, 2784x1708px) Image search: [Google]
Serperior.png
1MB, 2784x1708px
>>31850833
You need devolution spray or why bother.
Garb will shut the deck down too, Beedrill can help as a tech. Pic related is mine but it's waiting for Choice Band before it will be any good at all.
>>
>>31853810
That might work in low braket and against guys testing new decks and forgetting to put answers to status spammers. Pretty much everyone runs something like pkmn centre lady or float stone or switch/olympia, also evolutions.
>>
>>31851932
Realizing I was going for 2HKO's took me from 0-4 at the locals to 2-0-2
>>
>>31853841
You could also use Mallow in combination with Acro Bike. Queue up one wanted card and one card you want to discard, then use Acro Bike and choose the card you want.
>>
>>31853906
I had all but 4 cards for Vespiqueen so I built it. Is the goal to just play it safe and be a pest with Vespiqueen/Mew/Zoroark?
>>
When's Shaymin-EX get rotated out? I'm still trying to get a grasp on how the rotation system works.
>>
>>31853859
She's actually better before rotation because shaymin is a better draw support than either of those.
>>
>>31853939
Around the time when Guardians Rising comes out.
>>
>>31853939
September
>>
>>31853939
rotations happen after world championships in august. They rotate whatever sets they ultimately want to rotate, most people are predicting we'll keep the break series but lose everything before it.
>>
>>31853949
Well we won't see her until really close to rotation though. I'm just looking ahead.
>>
>>31853958
Guardians drops in May, rotation isn't until late summer.
>>
>>31853975

Think any cards are worth getting before prices go up?
>>
>>31854054
Tapu Lele will see a rise at rotation
>>
>>31854054
Without seeing the rest of the set, Tapu Lele is 150% going to spike.
>>
>>31854054
Octillery is the biggest one, also probably Garbodor.
>>
>>31854111
Lele will be really expensive for the first few weeks, level off in June, then start climbing back up in late July and August as rotation looms.

It'll basically be the inverse of Shaymin, which will drop sharply when Guardians hits due to people who store value in Shaymins dumping them on the market for pack value, then climb back up in June before starting to fall back off immediately before rotation.

Shaymin will eventually go back up though since with no good way to get new ROS packs, the supply of them will taper off and the card is still going to be expanded mandatory for the next 5-10 years depending on how long it takes them to start rotating old sets in to Legacy, we know that's not happening this year though IIRC.
>>
>>31853970
>>31853959
>>31853958
So wait, doesn't that mean that most of the current staples are on their way out the door? Shaymin-EX and VS Seeker seem to be on the chopping block, but what about shit like Sycamore and Lysandre?
>>
>>31854299

Sycamore is gonna be around for a good while with him being in STS.
Adios to Lysandre.
>>
>>31854299
Sycamore has like a million reprints.

Also is there a Courtney (Magma) trainer card?
>>
Standard with no Shaymin or Lysandre will be pathetic
>>
Why does everyone believe that breathrough will get gutted tho?
>>
>>31854422
Because they usually rotate four editions.
Primal Clash, Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins, BREAKthrough.

Most people is hoping that TPCi is going to use Double Crisis as a scapegoat to keep BKT.
>>
>>31854335
Shaymin I can see it being alright but Lysandre will mean getting retreated targets will be impossible.
>>
>>31854451
Lycanrock-GX.
>>
>>31854451
Pokemon Catcher is a coinflip Lysandre
>>
>>31854422
because muh patterns.
>>
>>31854422
Fuck Mewtwo and Octillery
>>
>>31854451
Repel was also introduced in SM. It's like an Escape Rope, but without the self-switching.
>>
>>31854480
>>31854471
They're shit
>>
I'm about to buy up as many full art Sycamore as I can.
If they aren't introducing one in the coming sets then he'll shoot up in price like N did.
>>
>>31854595
yeah but obviously if they retreated something they'll sack something else before letting you take it.

Anyways, the most disturbing thing for me is that if BKP isn't rotated we have Darkrai for another year, and altar of the fucking moone Darkrai which has a built in float stone.

Darkrai keeps elixirs, he keeps FFB, he keeps exp share, he keeps oblivion wing Yveltal. The only things he loses are staple cards in all t1 decks aside from hoopa which is 'only' staple in most of them. I already believe that Darkrai Turbo is the overall best deck in the game and it's mostly getting better after rotation if the BREAK series is kept.
>>
>>31854642
I don't think he's getting a reprint and I'm sure they're not going to make a third draw 7 card in the format especially with them already adding Lillie/Hala.

Sycamore is worse husbando material than N though.
>>
>>31854700

What's Hala's effect?
>>
>>31854642

The thing is that N got reprinted AFTER getting a FA card, to put him back in Standard. Even though Noble Victories packs are hard to come by, that version is still Standard-legal.

Unless Sycamore gets a reprint, the Steam Siege version is going to be the most recent version for the entirety of his time in Standard. That will make Sycamore's FA easier to get. Not saying it's necessarily a bad investment, just that it's not the same as N.
>>
What's a good Darkrai/Giratina deck?
>>
>>31854700
FA Sycamore also features cute Chespin though, so I think that brings up the husbando/cute level a bit senpaiília
>>
>>31854768

Shuffle and draw 4. If you've used your GX attack, draw 7.
>>
>>31854781
Can't you use any copy of a card that has the proper back, so long as you know the effect? Why would you HAVE to get the STS version?
>>
>>31854768
Shuffle your hand, draw 4. If you used a GX move, draw 7 instead.
>>
>>31854790

Don't worry, PCL might eventually make a new Full Art N with his Zorua just like the lewder FA Skyla

>>31854797

People who seek bling
>>
File: 3541641.jpg (92KB, 987x587px) Image search: [Google]
3541641.jpg
92KB, 987x587px
>>31854797

What he means is the point of the investment into FA Sycamore is for it to hold its value.
FA N was worth the investment because his stay in Standard didn't reprint his FA.
In Sycamore's case his latest reprint has his FA.
Or something to that effect.

Anyways, is pic related a good deal? I see Lana/Leo go for about 4 packs each minimum.
>>
File: UB.png (833KB, 1597x897px) Image search: [Google]
UB.png
833KB, 1597x897px
>see this trade up, 47:30 remaining
>quickly start marking down all the cards I need
>search the trades for each piece
>takes forever because the trade market is slow as fuck
>finally get everything I was missing, cost me 2 RS, 3 S&M, and 4 XY packs
>go back to public trades and search for the trade again
>it doesn't show up
>feel like killing myself
>refresh and wait another 5 minutes for it to finally load back to the 48 hour trades
>it's there again magically

thanks for nearly giving me a heart attack while jewing, ptcgo

I really need to reevaluate my shit
>>
>>31854823

Nice keking.
The funny thing is M Gayrados is a shit deck.
>>
>>31854821
Yes it is
>>
>>31854821
>5 GXs
>15 packs
That seems a bit too good.
>>
>>31854809
>People who seek bling
Ah. All is known and understood.
>>
>trade for a meme card
>open a bonus wheel pack and get the exact card I needed 2 hours ago
>>
File: XY1_EN_35.png (187KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY1_EN_35.png
187KB, 245x342px
>>31854823
Lucky son of a.. Guess I should look for trades more often than just sell stuff, I'm making smooth and steady profit though so its not too bad.

>>31854839
Yep well no experienced player would make that trade.

Also somebody go trade me 2 of these for S&M pack, basically a free pack for you :-^) I just wanna make a Lapras meme deck in expanded.
>>
So how is shaymeme going to be replaced?
>>
>>31855168
With a Bianca and a VS Seeker
>>
>>31855168
It's not going to be replaced really, they will probably never make a card that good again.

Tapu Lele is the next best thing in terms of a low investment draw support in that she lets you access draw/shuffle supporters through an ultra ball which unlike vs seeker isn't rotating. Oranguru requires you to play down to basically nothing to get draws and Octillery is a stage 1, and without dive/level balls he's gonna be a harder to search for evolution.
>>
>>31855204
VS seeker getting rotated and of course Bianca is an obsolete card, Lillie is just better.
>>
>>31855204

VS Seeker is rotating too m8.
>>
>>31855168
Lele into supporter of choice. It's not the same draw power because it's blowing the supporter, but Lillie coming on the first turn after ultra-balling some cards away has it's appeals.

Just in general, people will have to build tighter decks and put more thought into their counts of shit, not just draw through half of theirs on T1. I'm all for it.
>>
I seen a volcanion deck list with a 2-2 octillary line. Does that even fucking work?
>>
>>31855435

It's meant for draw support, not attacking.
>>
File: rats list.png (671KB, 936x597px) Image search: [Google]
rats list.png
671KB, 936x597px
>tfw no hypnotoxics

Trading for these expanded cards is such a bitch, but I'm convinced that the rat pack disruption meme probably works better in expanded. What's the value on hypnos anyways? I see lots of trades for 3 packs but most places I look say 2. Put up one of those giant lot trades for a playset cause I don't want to waste packs on a meme if I can help it.
>>
>>31855456
Yeah i know but does it really need it?
>>
>>31855482
>Archeops
>>
>>31855435
Poorfag's Shaymin.
>>
>>31855496

I've never seen a Volcanion deck with one and they're pretty optimal.
>>
>>31855499
eh, i've played about 100 games in expanded and I feel that kind of shit just comes with the territory, no matter what kind of deck you make there's some bullshit lock deck that will fucking ruin you.

Even Lurantis lock, which Anaheim confirmed is basically a memedeck despite people spamming it on ladder, can just lock you out of being able to play and kill you if you go second and they get a good draw.
>>
>>31855537
Except Archeops is way more consistent and has way better support, and has way more opportunities to fuck you over.
>>
>>31855555
(Insert that Yugi picture here)
checked my meme master.
>>
>>31855555
Chequed
>>
>>31855555
Nice quints
>>
I have 80.00 fun bucks and I'm planning to actually play after the next set rotation while collecting. What cards should I pick up?
>>
File: 1483769585812.jpg (95KB, 1003x767px) Image search: [Google]
1483769585812.jpg
95KB, 1003x767px
>>31855555
NANI?!
>>
File: 1487557404461.png (55KB, 514x348px) Image search: [Google]
1487557404461.png
55KB, 514x348px
>>31855555
Checked
>>
File: 1478451672239.png (141KB, 278x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478451672239.png
141KB, 278x357px
>>31855555
>>
Just got back in to the game and made a M Gardevoir deck. It's pretty fun to play so far. No Shaymins though
>>
File: 1476280887177.png (11KB, 139x145px) Image search: [Google]
1476280887177.png
11KB, 139x145px
>>31855555
Archeops couldn't block those fives.
>>
>>31855722

Depends on which M Gard..
Brilliant Arrow can run without it Shay. Despair ray needs him.
>>
>>31848584
Is this Bright Tide shit supposed to be so fucking strong? Holy shit, just came back from a break and the deck is powerful as fuck
>>
>just made Tauros/Decidueye deck
>went up against M Scizor deck
>Go 6-0

Poor guy didn't the chance to put 2 energy's on a Scizor.
>>
>>31855793
>Despair ray needs him.
DR needs like three or four.
>>
>>31855793
I run the brilliant arrow one. Just load up on energies with Xerneas and then free retreat with Fairy Garden to wreck things
>>
Judge my deck, please:

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Gardevoir-EX PRC 105
* 1 Jigglypuff FAC 65
* 1 Wigglytuff FAC 66
* 1 Snubbull FAC 68
* 1 Snubbull SUM 90
* 2 Granbull SUM 91
* 2 Xerneas XY 96
* 2 Drowzee EVO 49
* 1 Drowzee BKP 50
* 3 Hypno SUM 60
* 1 M Gardevoir-EX STS 112
* 1 Jirachi GEN 113
* 1 Meloetta PR-XY XY120

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Skyla BCR 134
* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 4 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Gardevoir Spirit Link STS 101
* 3 N DEX 96
* 3 Evosoda XY 116
* 4 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Great Ball XY 118
* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

##Energy - 14

* 5 Psychic Energy BLWEnergy 8
* 1 Wonder Energy PRC 144
* 2 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 6 Fairy Energy XYEnergy 2
>>
>>31856004
I think mgarde PRC is kind of just a shittier darkrai 2bh. Still a fun deck to play but once I got a playset of Darkrai I never looked back.
>>
>>31856041
at a glance, tons of absolutely useless pokemon, using great balls instead of ultra balls is fucking awful. Your garde line is way too thin as well.

garde STS is not a deck you should really try to run without shaymins imo. Look into these pokemon though

Absol ROS
Hawlucha STS
Rattata EVO

they all have useful abilities that make them better for the deck than most of the filler you have here.
>>
>>31853764
>>31853810

Newfag from earlier, built a water deck for the hell of it. R8?

Was gonna put Gyarados in but he consumes too much energy to do too little. On the bright side I dont feel as clogged as I do when I played TCG for the Gameboy. I can practically call cards on demand now.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Eevee AOR 63
* 1 Snorlax BKT 118
* 3 Spearow ROS 65
* 2 Fearow ROS 66
* 2 Vaporeon AOR 22
* 1 Lapras BKP 28
* 3 Seel FAC 15
* 2 Dewgong FAC 16

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Super Potion XY 128
* 1 Pokédex BLW 98
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 4 Potion KSS 37
* 3 Tierno BKP 112
* 2 Switch BCR 135
* 2 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 2 Town Map BCR 136

##Energy - 16

* 12 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
>>
>>31856130
Needs more Spinda-SM
>>
>>31856077

I think I was being a pussy for not wanting to discard shit. I have enough Ultra Balls, so I should probably use them.

I only have one Absol (period), same with Hawlucha. As for Rattata EVO, I only have one of those as well.
>>
>>31856144

Dont have atm

:(
>>
Why when i want to properly practice with my deck to iron some shit out i just get people with stupid decks. Just before i had a guy using some mishmash alakazam, darkrai and mega pidgeot bullshit that was obviously doomed to fail. I need practice against a real darkrai deck
>>
File: garde sts.png (702KB, 926x592px) Image search: [Google]
garde sts.png
702KB, 926x592px
>>31856150
This is what my garde STS deck looks like for reference, it's pretty standard. Another card you can tech in is Dragonite-EX over one of the hoopas (i think its better but I haven't been playing this deck much lately). Generally speaking you want a lot of abilities that activate when you put pokemon on the bench because you can then clear your bench and put stuff back on it. Also stops lysandre memeplays where they snipe your shaymins for 2 prizes, forces them to go through all 3 gardevoirs.
>>
>>31850913
>not posting the one where he picks it back up.
>>
>>31856243
>3 different printings of G-EX
triggered.
>>
File: 5.gif (555KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
555KB, 555x555px
>>31855555
>>
>>31856291
they're all no-trade draws. Ideally I'd have all STS FA versions because they look the best even though I think PRC garde is actually better in the very few scenarios where you have to attack with no mega.
>>
>>31856166
I think one of the theme decks has them, drop 500 tokens, it's totally worth it.
>>
>>31856291
Not having a deck containing as many different arts as possible
I have 12 different basic energies
>>
>>31856448
I kind of want to splurge on HS packs the next time a bundle with them goes up so I can get some of those ancient trainers. Those things are honestly more impressive than FA shamemes or ultras at this point.
>>
tfw finally got 4/4 SR UB

...and i'm still not happy ;_;
>>
>>31856497
Only 3 months til the SR DCE
>>
>>31856497
Trade them all to me and feel good that you helped a stranger
>>
>>31856491
I totally agree. Its like they deliberately make trainers look shit now so people want the full arts
>>
>>31856505
M-maybe collecting those will make me happy...?
>>
File: UBx3.png (1MB, 1016x2016px) Image search: [Google]
UBx3.png
1MB, 1016x2016px
>>31856497

I've gotten 3 of mine today. Getting the 4th is probably going to be a bit harder.
>>
I just got two regular holos from Sun/Moon (Dugtrio and Kangaskhan) that have the wavy holo pattern on the whole card. Even the yellow border.

This is an error, right? Do these kind of error cards turn out to be worth anything?
>>
>>31856573
>that last trade

how did you even find that
>>
>the only promo Passimian for trade is a part of some absolutely insane trade

Guess I'll be stuck with 3 forever.
>>
>>31856637
Put up an offer yourself for like three or four packs, and hope.
>>
File: [COOL VIBRATIONS].gif (2MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
[COOL VIBRATIONS].gif
2MB, 480x320px
>hitting all your max elixirs t1
>>
Working on ideas for a fun to play deck in expanded. Is Jolteon/Archeops a thing? Makes sense at least from a mechanical perspective.
>>
>>31856623

When there is a weird group of cards like that the trade tends to stay up a bit longer.
>>
>>31855253
I hope it's a little less luck orientated. Absolutely frustrates me seeing my opponent roll out everything he needs first turn meanwhile turn five my discard pile is a bursting balloon and basic Pokemon because I just never drew the supporters.
>>
>Played as Decidueye/Tauros
>vs Turbo Darkrai
>Attacked with Shaymin for game

It was pretty clutch.
>>
>>31856902
>attacked with Shaymin

That's how I concede games where all I have to start is Shaymin.
>>
>>31856957

With a bad first hand I do the same.
>>
File: 1482826512077.jpg (46KB, 680x477px) Image search: [Google]
1482826512077.jpg
46KB, 680x477px
So i was going to take volcanion to oceanic internationals but it looks like i need garbodor to get into top 16 at least. Going with Yveltal i guess
>>
>>31856380

Do you know which one has it?
>>
>>31857113
Decidueye deck has 2 Spinda.
>>
>>31857104

t1:
darkrai turbo
yveltal-ex
mega mewtwo
vespiquen
m-garde-sts

t2:
darkrai/dragons
megaray
rainbow road
m-garde-prc
volcanion

t3 :
greninja
xerneas break
carbink break/zygarde-EX
toolbox
at gyarados
raikou
lurantis
decidueye
m-scizor

If your deck doesn't have OHKO potential without abilities and it's not vespiquen, life is rough. I don't think garbs is necessary but I think decks like volcanion, decidueye and greninja get shut down by it too fucking hard for those decks to make it through swiss without taking too many needless losses.
>>
>>31857289
I just really enjoy playing volcanion. Its a shame i cant take him
>>
>>31857418
I enjoy playing Raikou but Mega Mewtwo is just too poor of a matchup to justify playing it outside of ladder/friendlies. It's sad because it goes even against darkrai/gardevoir and has a pretty easy time with vespi and yveltal unless they get a garbodor out turn 2.

Sad thing is Megatwo, Darkrai and Yveltal are still going to be with us after rotation unless they dump the break series too.
>>
>>31857289
>If your deck doesn't have OHKO potential without abilities and it's not vespiquen
What's so special about the damn bee.
>>
>>31857655
Nobody cared who she was until she put on the battle compressor
>>
>>31857693
>until she put on the battle compressor
Hasn't that been out of standard for six months.
>>
>>31857655
It's really efficient, no one prize attacker deck can get to the 2HKO mark more consistently and recycle pokemon as efficiently while also not giving a fuck about abilities. Volc is dead in the water with no abilities, Raikou loses its 20 DR and you can't attach new electrodes after garbo sets up, so you need the first two turns to go perfectly and you need them to not enhanced hammer you. Greninja is basically useless without shuriken and also shits the bed against Lurantis which is what finally killed that deck. Gyarados lacks consistency and most Xerneas variants are either slower than Vespi or more vulnerable to parallel city.

When I play Vespiquen I just imagine I am playing the USSR and my Vespiquens are commissars executing cowardly unown and klefki scum as they flee the battlefield in order to encourage their bee minions to fight harder. Victory atop a discard pile full of dead cowards and heroes.
>>
>>31857655
Theres no effective way to lower its damage output
>>
File: IMG_5392.jpg (1MB, 3123x2075px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5392.jpg
1MB, 3123x2075px
>>31857744
>Gyarados lacks consistency
I've had a lot of fun playing memefish this season. It rolls most of the meta, except for Darkrai because of Exp. Share and FFB, Lurantis because of item lock and Bees because of even prize trading. But the majority of my losses are to prizing important cards which I think is what's really holding it back.
>>
>>31857878
>Giratina used Chaos Wheel

What then?
>>
File: shiny koko.jpg (374KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
shiny koko.jpg
374KB, 500x698px
>>31857878
that's the consistency issue. If you end up with 2 magma bases and a magikarp in prizes it's just over. I think rotomdex is a must one-of for that deck.

There's also a very splashable hard counter to the deck in Spinda, people aren't running it much atm but if Gyarados gets too popular it'll be more common. This card's also coming and it does the same thing except using a DCE instead of single energy.

Gyarados is one of those strats that's great until it gets just a little too good, then everyone techs against it.
>>
>>31857897
>Giratina setting up in one turn without me Lysandering it and killing it with minimal effort
To your point though I've mulled adding Ranger, less for Tina and more for Glaceon. But my local meta has been primarily Bees, hence the Karen. At big events I'd tap it out for a Ranger.
>>
File: 1429031696776.jpg (113KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1429031696776.jpg
113KB, 1000x667px
>try to watch decklist videos
>it's always unnecessarily loud and obnoxious pieces of shit
>>
>>31857919
I've considered Rotom dex, mostly because I like its FA but of course it can still fuck you and be a waste of a card slot. Also if you prize it, it's wasted. Now that SM is legal I will be able to test it more at locals. Gyarados' comeback is very strong though, and the game only gets easier as you free your important cards from the prizes.

Spinda is also a thing, I know because people started teaching it to beat me, but its impact is minimal. They might not see it until its late game, or they might not see it at all. It annoys me, don't get me wrong, but its impact as a hard counter shouldn't be overestimated. Same for Tapu Koko, especially since it sucks up a whole DCE and the extra damage is meaningless against Gyarados, it's arguably worse than Spinda in that regard.
>>
Today I got a secret rare... psychic energy card.
>>
>>31858064
12 more to go and you've got a full playset for any deck you could ever want to run. Keep pulling goy!
>>
best trainer fullart?
>>
>>31858240
Korrina.
>>
File: skyla fa.jpg (310KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
skyla fa.jpg
310KB, 324x450px
>>31858240
It's obvious, isn't it?
>>
>>31857897
>giratina

practically nonexistent these days.
>>
Should I build Incineroar GX? Is potentially good/viable?
>>
>>31858240
Skyla.
>>
>>31858294
No.
>>
>>31858268

>Waifu/Bae pandering.

Other good/rad/awesome FAs ; Birch's Observations, Brock's Grit, Lugia EX, Bianca, Center Lady, Evolutions M Charizard EX, some of the Venasaur EX FA cards are also really dope as fuck as well, Lyndare, Lysandre's Trump Card, N, Wally, etc
>>
>>31857944
It wouldn't be so bad if they were funny, but they never are. And if they aren't loud as fuck they just flat out suck at talking and its really hard to listen to.
>>
>>31858294
Build it online and test. I don't think it is a particularly good deck, but it might be fun for you?
>>
>>31858348
I don't mind FlamingAxel. I wouldn't watch it for fun, but it was not obnoxious. His mic needs a serious upgrade though. Really low quality.
>>
>>31858358
He was the guy I had in mind when I said they usually suck at talking, everything he says comes out in a slow boring mumble, which may just be a result of his accent. And the low mic quality only makes it worse.
>>
>>31858460
I know he does not get much revenue from YouTube, but a decent microphone for YouTube videos is at most $100, and more realistically is around $60. Is that really too much?

His accent is acceptable... but the fucking microphone makes everything about it so much worse.
>>
File: 20170221_174050.jpg (274KB, 1413x791px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_174050.jpg
274KB, 1413x791px
Alright so... i only ordered 2 booster boxes...
>>
>>31858686
If this is true, holy fucking shit hook the boys up with some codes.
>>
>>31858686
Eat the extra boxes and record it for us.
>>
>>31858717
Eat the extra codes, too. Leave no evidence.
>>
>>31858717
>>31858719
I messaged the place i ordered them from. Just incase they catch the mistake and ask me why i didnt say anything. I would hate to not be able to buy from them anymore. Only going to open the 2 boxes i paid for and wait for their reply.
First box was ok, didnt have either of the full arts so im happy with that
>>
>>31858739
Where did you buy them from? Can you eat them?
>>
>>31858750
CCGcastle. I tried eating one but it hurt my mouth
>>
>>31858294
It'll shit all over the leaf decks, at least./
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-21+at+02.30.40).jpg (235KB, 1169x586px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-21+at+02.30.40).jpg
235KB, 1169x586px
is it worth squeezing 1-1 eevee/espeonGX or is it too cute

this is the deck i'm running irl, but i don't know if eevee belongs in a garbo build. maybe better to just run baby hoopa? (hoopa STS)

2/2 eev/esp line is awkward as fuck if you end up with one or godforbid two in your early hands, since you end up dumping the majority of your first turn draws to sycamore

megatwo is solid as fuck, it just feels like it's missing alternate attackers or closers. it's not uncommon to just lose the bazooka race to darkrai or other mewtwo decks without some sort of backup plan (fucking -20 resist on darkrai drives my shit up the wall)
>>
How does bees go about beating a Tauros/Decidueye deck?
>>
File: 20170221_190740.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_190740.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Box 2 was pretty tight. Already had a full art espeon and lunala but the rest is new. Espeon has to be my favourite full art though, the blue line on purple looks so good
Have some codes.
>>
File: a.png (840KB, 1282x748px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
840KB, 1282x748px
>>31859015
Could be worse.
>>
File: HNI_0065.jpg (80KB, 489x631px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0065.jpg
80KB, 489x631px
>>31859015
>Codes are posted
>I'm not home
>They won't post pulls

IT'S NOT FAIR!
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-21+at+03.15.11).jpg (237KB, 1075x503px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-21+at+03.15.11).jpg
237KB, 1075x503px
>>31859015
Even if other people don't post pulls, I always will
>>
>>31859032
>>31859041
2/6 posting pulls aint bad
>>
File: ayoa.png (952KB, 1266x711px) Image search: [Google]
ayoa.png
952KB, 1266x711px
>>31859015
t-thanks
>>
jokes on you fags i mapped the code cards. See how i got with what ccg castle say about the 3 extra boxes and i might post more codes
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-21+at+07.24.25).jpg (407KB, 1590x889px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-21+at+07.24.25).jpg
407KB, 1590x889px
>>31859015
Grabbed Lapras code, thanks anon.
>>
I want to make a Shining Arrow M Gardevoir deck. Here is the list I wrote. Any suggestions?

Pokemon - 15

* 4 Gardevoir-EX STS
* 3 M Gardevoir-EX GEN
* 2 Xerneas BREAK
* 4 Xerneas XY
* 2 Shaymin-EX

Trainers - 34

* 4 Fairy Garden
* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Skyla
* 1 Super Rod
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 1 Brock's Grit
* 1 Hex Maniac
* 4 VS Seeker
* 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
* 3 N FAC
* 2 Lysandre
* 2 Enhanced Hammer
* 4 Max Elixir

Energy - 11

* 11 Fairy Energy
>>
>>31859139
>Shining Arrow M Gardevoir
Don't.
>>
>at the versus elo where literally every deck is full art trainers and gold border items
>they still get trashcanned by generic darkrai

fucking how
>>
>>31859227
People who like stupid bullshit tend not to be too intelligent.
>>
>>31857289
Why is Darkrai Turbo supposed to be so good? What does it do that the others don't?
>>
>>31859303
No relevant weakness, basic attacker that can OHKO, not reliant on abilities, when the attacker dies very little of the attack potential is lost.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-21+at+04.29.23).jpg (113KB, 695x463px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-21+at+04.29.23).jpg
113KB, 695x463px
>>31859303

insane consistency on top of constantly building lategame. it's either 2hkoing turns 2-4 or flat oneshots anywhere after that

no hard counters in the meta, zero checks to it outside of niche jolteon/regice(lol)

fighting has zero representation in terms of relevance, meaning it doesn't have auto-loss consequences like mega mewtwo vs stupid gardevoir/rainbowroad shit

doesn't lose to a stadium being played like mega ray, doesn't rely on gimmicks like bees, flat does not give a single fuck about ability denial from garbodor

probably the best max elixir deck in the meta and will be for a very long time. each poke-piece has very low 'impact' when lost, due to xp shares or simply dipping 2 darkness energy per bench so that you aren't eggs-in-one-basket blown out like mega mewtwo or mega decks in general

basically, the only real 'check' to it is the deck itself - darkrai mirrors literally come down to whoever had the first turn, or best initial setup in terms of energy production from yveltal recursion

oh yeah. there's the fucking infuriating -20 resist vs psychic, which dongs all over mega mewtwo matches. 90% of the time, they'll be hitting 170s on an unbelted darkrai, 10 shy of a knockout and end up losing because of it

deck is fucking stupid-strong and they're still not printing any reliable methods against it
>>
File: Lycanroc-GX-Midnight-Forme[1].jpg (537KB, 1000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Lycanroc-GX-Midnight-Forme[1].jpg
537KB, 1000x1331px
>>31859328
>fighting has zero representation in terms of relevance
Hopefully the next set will change that.
>>
>>31859352

darkrai just techs in 2-3 enhanced hammers and shits all over this matchup without an issue, it might sneak a kill or two but i really don't see it going any further than that

the 110(220) is perfectly aimed at darkrai (180->220w/belt), but triple cost attack for a vanilla beat and requirement for evolution just neuters its relevance

also,
>fucking GRASS weakness
Dead On Arrival as heck, especially with the new lurantis-mini they're printing

it'd need some insane fight-oriented support to actually see any play
>>
>>31859381
Yeah, you're right.
Glad I'm ordering my playset before September when the meta becomes "Pokemon: the Darkening."
>>
>>31859381

I think that smart players wouldn't drop a DCE unless they had to, so ideally every time they attach one they are going to KO you.

Plus Ow the Edge GX or whatever it's called is a nuke against Darkrai, 50x their bench can make for an easy as fuck KO.

Plus it has Lysandre as an Ability. I don't think that it's as helpless as you think it is against Darkrai especially considering you OHKO them and they won't be OHKOing you any time soon (and by the time they get enough Energy in play to do so, you've already taken at least 4 prizes).
>>
>>31859419
>or whatever it's called is a nuke against Darkrai, 50x their bench can make for an easy as fuck KO.
It already OHKO's with the FCC move, the GX move is for MFugg, Rainbow Road, and MGarde.
>>
>>31859440

Obviously. (Also Gardevoir isn't gonna let you OHKO with the GX move)

I meant more along the lines you can do it in emergencies if you can't get another DCE if it gets hammered, or you just wanna take the last two prizes by doing a metric fuckton of damage. Maybe I wasn't clear.
>>
File: ss (2017-02-21 at 09.03.04).jpg (286KB, 1168x745px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-02-21 at 09.03.04).jpg
286KB, 1168x745px
Have been experimenting with this Golduck deck. Added the BREAK for health but that ability is actually very useful now that I've added in Lapras as clean up.

>can move all energy off Lapras and max potion, then move all back
>can move energy onto Lapras if I need to paralyze for a turn or need the extra damage
>very handy if I need to retreat using Manaphy's ability

I have no Shaymin-EX atm but haven't run into too many problems anyhow. Just looking for some feedback on what I could do better but so far it's been very fun. Thinking of maybe scrapping stadiums and adding in belts.
>>
>>31859467
>evosoda
>no tools
At least slap a FFB for that poor Lapras or something
>>
>>31859462
>(Also Gardevoir isn't gonna let you OHKO with the GX move)
I was thinking BA because for some reason my local hates DR.
>>
>>31859467

you 100% do not need lapras and manaphy, better to go 4x duckers line

played this deck last night in a league and it was very consistent, your entire game is to splash energy recycle your quackers with starmie as your damage engine

don't need shaymins, you want this deck to be 100% 1-prize whammies attrition

the break is overkill, run 2-4 burst balloons instead to accumulate more damage. the whole point is to win through attrition by nuking the shits out of everything with baseline 120 hits

kukui can be pretty useful, and you're going to need 2 lysander and 1 hex mage to do literally anything vs garbodor matchups

consider running Faded Town 2 + Silent Lab 1 for stadium resets and extra pings vs high health megas, the lapras package really isn't needed

talonflame is actually really strong in this build as well, since it serves as a more linear frogs-like deck with less moving parts
>>
>>31859328
I have the same winrate with greninja, tournaments matter more than versus mode.
>>
>>31859467
(samefag)
>>31859494

tested Mega Mewtwo and generic Decidueye w/ Pidgeot EX vs the build mentioned without lapras, basically turbo quackers

you flat lose to garbodor if you cannot answer it and damage swap mewtwo flat memes your entire game plan

the only way to even remotely play against a decidueye list is to get them in an early headlock with hex maniac or pray that they somehow shit the bed with a deck built to turn-one evolve their entire owl line

that said, the guy went 4-1 into top 8 with me after having me as his only loss. you straight shit all over volcanion and actually have a really good matchup vs generic 2-prize basic decks due to the sheer quacker attrition of getting your duckers back over and over
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>31859497
>tournaments matter more than versus mode.

i'm pretty sure that's why darkrai had the most representation (and first place) within the most recent major tourney's top 32
>>
>>31859480
Evosoda has saved my ass a couple times but noted on the FFB for Lapras. Only put this deck together today so holes everywhere.

>>31859494
Added in the Lapras purely as a test, I was running the 4-4 Golduck but would lose if I didn't get setup extremely quickly due to the low HP and missed turn of damage. One BREAK is technically all I need though so there is some wiggle room.

Might just make a seperate Lapras deck and go back to simple Golduck.

>>31859514
Had actually not run into any Garbodor so completely forgot about it and skipped on the Hex Maniac. Might try work in some energy retrieval as a backup too.
>>
>>31859531
Im talking about tournament mode onlne
>>
>>31859579
A Lapras waterbox made top 32 at Anaheim.
N's hand disruption, though not a meme, is less a problem than the people here make it out to be.
>>
>>31859607
You only get N'd like twice a game at most. Hammers hurt worse than N.
>>
I am very confused. How is Darkrai EX doing 270 damage with dark pulse when he only has 6 total Dark energy on his pokemon?
>>
>>31859729
Double dragon energies count for dark as well.
>>
>>31859751
Okay that makes sense but what. the. fuck? In what world is that even remotely okay?
>>
>>31859760
Well it does say "this card provides every type of energy"

But yes it's especially bad now because of Solgaleo prepping an entire bench for Darkrai.
>>
>>31859770
Rotation can't come soon enough then. I hope Guardians Rising has something that can break up that nonsense.
>>
>>31859782
Guardians Risibg only enhances the nonsense, anon
>>
>>31859782
>dragon is now 10x more useless
>darkrai still viable
Nice job
>>
>>31858686
In regards to this happening it turns out that it was in fact a mistake and are offering me to buy the other 3 at 75% (so about $66USD per box) or they will send me a shipping label to return them. What do you guys think?
>>
>>31859885
Go for it
>>
>>31859885
Worth it.
>>
>>31859890
Thats all i needed
>>
>>31859885
If it were Amazon or a big box store I would say "Haha fuck you" but if its an LGS or game shop that doesn't get the kind of traffic and business they do I'd go for it.
>>
>>31859885
If you have to ask you want to keep them and are trying to pass the guilt of what you feel is irresponsible spending to us
>>
>>31859904
But what if i send them back and theres an ultra ball in each?
>>
I need a Stardust Jirachi on PTCGO :(
>>
>>31859956
Good luck. I've been needing one for quite a while now
>>
>>31859885
That's nice, I would just do it at this point.

I mean, 3 packs for not even the price of 1 pack is clearly a good offer.
>>
I miss my Lucario bats deck
>>
File: IMG_20170221_201249.jpg (963KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170221_201249.jpg
963KB, 1920x2560px
Just got this is it any good?
>>
File: image.png (223KB, 311x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223KB, 311x343px
>>31860066
Me too anon, me too

I also miss my Entei/Zard/Zoroark deck
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.