[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, who chose this piece of shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

File: fe1.gif (39KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
fe1.gif
39KB, 600x342px
Okay, who chose this piece of shit?
>>
People with good taste.
>>
File: thinking.jpg (105KB, 444x420px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
105KB, 444x420px
>>31839272
>a gif that isn't a gif
>low quality bait
This seems familiar...
>>
autists
>>
>>31839272
>tfw you wonder traded for all three starters
>tfw you realize they're all shit anyway
>>
>>31839272
Everybody.
>>
>>31839272
Me, I regretted it when it evolved.
>>
>>31839272
Needed a ghost false swiper
>>
I chose none of them. Got the cat. Boxed the cat. Now Cutiefly is my starter.
>>
>>31840161
I'm sorry man
>>
>>31840161
Such bad existence
>>
>>31839286
>jpg for ants
sure
>>
>>31839272
I did, still my favorite out of the three
>>
>>31839314
primarina is actually good. I use a defensive one with leftovers all the time on the battle tree. my current streak is about 35 on super singles
>>
>>31839572
Fake owlbros, get the Fuck out of here.
>>
>>31840166
>>31840173
It was my plan from the start. I always randomly choose a starter and box it.
>>
>>31839272
>Literally Oshawott 2.0
>Literally Litleo 2.0
>an actual unique creative design

Jeez I wonder why people pick the owl
>>
File: 1485864475313.png (221KB, 515x630px) Image search: [Google]
1485864475313.png
221KB, 515x630px
>>31840298
Owl is literally Greninja 2.0... Oh wait AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAH
>>
>>31840298
>Grass/Ghost
>Right after the gen that gave us two grass/ghosts
>In the same gen that gave us another grass/ghost
Is this the new fire/fighting?
>>
>>31840298

Whoa...this is the delusion of owlcucks...
>>
>>31840266
Don't call me an owlbro ever again
>>
>>31840321

Actually, you're wrong.
The others are all Ghost/Grass :^)
>>
>>31839272
I remember seeing a Japanese Twitter poll from an account with a lot of followers.
40%+ picked Decidueye
40%-ish picked Primarina, right behind Decidueye
Less than 20% picked Incineroar.
>>
File: 1484718292902.png (328KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484718292902.png
328KB, 1000x1000px
>>31840298
I just got mad deja-vu.

what do you people have against oshawott?
if anything rowlet's line is just full of fan catering imo. oshawott had a more original design.
>>
>>31840412
Primarina was first with 43%, Decidueye second with 40% and Incineroar third with 17%. That's indicative for Japan only, though (it had roughly 9k votes, so quite a bit)
>>
I did so Kukui would have Inciniroar.
>>
Hay a question for only owlbros, just ignore these salty baragfag/sealfags,

Now here's the question, what do you think decidueyes speed actually should be. Because the agile pokemon with big let's shouldn't be getting outsped by a giant fat frog with a tree on it's back. Seriously, that doesn't sound right. You got to basis it's speed by it's design alone.

Here's what I think, judging by it's design, i'd say faster then garchomp, but slower then weavile or greninja.

Is >104 good enough.
>>
>>31840438
Oh, okay. That makes more sense. I see Primarina have a lot more usage in Battle Spot, so it being less popular didn't make sense.
And most of the time, taste in starters is the same everywhere. There's no place on earth where Charizard, Sceptile and Greninja aren't popular, or Meganium is. I'd say it being just Japanese doesn't make that big of a difference. In fact, I expected Incineroar to do the best in Japan, with Tiger Mask being a thing and all.
>>
>>31840464
>>
>>31840464
100 would be the perfect, in my mind. Higher than that would sacrifice its other stats too much. Alternatively, cut the speed even further and make it bulkier.
>>
File: arin.png (594KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
arin.png
594KB, 500x670px
>>31839272
HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!
>>
>>31840501
You right owlbro, how about we just switche it's special attack with it's speed. And thanks to the ability long reach. It's physical attacks act like special attack. And barley anyone uses special decidueye anyways. So I'd say it would be a good trade.
>>
>>31839314
Dumb Dragonite poster.
>>
I chose litten and boxed it the second it let me have that munchlax. He was more of a bro than any of the shitmon starters.
>>
>>31840464
>judging by it's design, i'd say faster then garchomp
Garchomp is said to be fast as a jet. Nothing really suggests Decidueye is that fast. Aren't Archers stationary troops? Shooting arrows while moving is not easy. Speed isn't that important to them.

>>31840547
That sounds fair. Even its signature move is a Physical one.
>>
>>31840588
I said
>judging by design.
I said it looks like it can out speed a garchomp in a foot race.

But I can see were your comming from tho, garchomp is pretty fast. And I can't argue with facts.
>>
>>31840464
It depends if you're asking about moving speed or reaction speed based on design, because to be fully honest it doesn't look like it can move that fast, it's a bird (owl) that doesn't fly (it glides) and the legs don't look like they can run comfortably, but if you're taking reaction speed then yeah it natural for an archer to be quick.
>>
>>31840644
I don't know, Decidueye looks like he would be pretty stationary in battle, at least when attacking. 70 speed may be too low, but I wouldn't give it more than 80.
>>
>>31840664
Venusaur has 80 speed, and it looks like it can't move even outside of battle. The speeds in Pokemon don't make sense relative to others.
>>
>>31840695
Venusaur is the problem than, not Decidueye.
>>
Have you guys ever seen those reaction videos from people on YouTube, literally everyone including shoufu thought decidueye speed was going to be over 100, and to be honest I still think that today. He's based on an archer, why is he kinda bulky archers try and hid to not get hit buy incoming attacks. Once they get hit it's over. And they need to run to escape sticky situations. So why is he more bulky and less fast.
>>
File: Rowlet.gif (22KB, 43x50px) Image search: [Google]
Rowlet.gif
22KB, 43x50px
because borb

duh
>>
>>31840741
Because you don't get to decide that;Game Freak does.
>>
>>31840704
It's not a one Pokemon thing though. Pokemon like Typhlosion, Slaking and Regigias have 100 Speed, while faster looking Pokemon like Arcanine and Rayquaza only have 95. If it was only Venusaur breaking this, maybe it would be its fault. But as it is now, Pokemon speed really doesn't make sense by design.
>>
File: dartrix.gif (98KB, 45x68px) Image search: [Google]
dartrix.gif
98KB, 45x68px
>>31840761
Dartrix is a owl, it's a borb.
>>
>>31840741
Because he's from alola, where only 3 or 4 regular pokemon break the 100 speed.
>>
>>31840768
I agree, Decidueye doesn't look that fast though. it's one of the few that they got kinda right
>>
Ya, true cuz kangaskong is as fast as xerneus and yviltal
>>
File: decidueye.gif (130KB, 61x100px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.gif
130KB, 61x100px
>>31840807
Isn't Decidueye's design looks half-normal bird, half-owl?
It seems like he has a hood that is made of leaves connected to his top of his torso, over his head he wore.
>>
>>31840819
Uuuuu...
>Decidueye
>doesn't look that fast
>they got his speed right.

Some one pleas take out a picture of decidueye and venasuar. And tell if they got decidueye's speed right.
>>
>>31840855
I already said that Venusaur is the one with the wrong speed, he should have around 50-60.
>>
>>31840839
His design is ... unique, but I can't see the half normal bird in it, it looks full owl to me.
>>
>>31840886
Yah I guess your kinda right. But seriously though, the fact that Decidueye had been working on his legs ever since dartrix days, and he figures out that he's only 10 points away from being as fast as tiger who skipped leg day and seal who can't even run at all just kinda disappoints me.
>>
>>31839272
Arin Hansen
>>
File: incineroar.png (579KB, 699x1280px) Image search: [Google]
incineroar.png
579KB, 699x1280px
>>31840968
Well, He looks almost humanoid, different from Incineroar itself.

Incineroar is Litten's final evolution, its design looks humanoid, despite it's front legs are now look humanoid, but his hands grew claws, and has muscles clearly on its chest, he's more bipedal to say at least, but it's a fire-type tiger tho. He would act like a tiger and stand like a cat, but it can be bipedal as well.
>>
>>31840977
The shift from one of the bulkiest starters to a "fast" mixed attacked is what disappoints me.
I don't know what the hell went through Dartrix and Torracat's mind to make them decide on swapping roles like that when they evolve.
>>
>>31841063
Yeah, this. What the fuck happened there? It doesn't make sense at all.
>>
>>31841053
I can see that, I mean they've been pushing the humanoid starters since last gen, only falling a little short with primarina (who somehow still has humanoid features and feel to it)
>>
>>31841114
>since last gen
Since Gen 3. Only skipped Gen 5. And they're not really "pushing" them. People like these designs more, so they're just giving what fans want.
>>
>>31839272
I did and it's my favorite of the three. How upset does that make you?
>>
You know what decidueye might have some questionable Speed stat but at it wouldn't really be the first or Last. But when you really think about it, it got the best treatment out of the alola. You notice that gamefreak made one testable design out of all the alola starters line. The first victim was popplio, next was dartrix, and last was incineroar. And out of those three dartrix was the least hated, while incineroar turned out to be the most hated. And at the end of the day the owl is still the fastest out of the final evolutions.
>>
>>31839272
I have choosen rowlet several times.
It´s not bad.
>>
I picked poplio
Then i boxed poplio
Fighting kukuis dicidueye and haus incineroar was still fun with my starter Sneasel who i got to evolve fairly early on from a friend giving me a razor claw.
>>
>>31841053
I'd be interested to see GF make Incineroar stand on four legs either in the anime or TCG. Nothing else to say, no sarcasm or hope involved.

I do think the starters are all humanoid to a sad degree and not just Incineroar. Decidueye has a hoodie and glasses, Primarina has human hair and accessories, at least Incineroar's naked like God intended for all of us.
>>
>>31839272
SPHERICAL
>>
>>31839314
>When people pick their starters depending of taste, but it all comes down to this

At least they're passable, but that's barely anything. But at least they're not OU cancerous either.
>>
>>31840161
>Now Cutiefly is my starter

Spectacular taste, dear anon. It's always nice to learn about people that pick something other than X or Y or Z starter. I find it laughable that some people are so against boxing a starter when the truth is, it just gives you much more freedom than you even imagined.
>>
>>31842704
I don't know anon, boxing your starter is limiting your choice so I wouldn't call it freedom either. You're just making a choice like everyone else.
>>
>>31842716

Why is it limiting your choice when you can pick your starter any time afterwards? Think of it this way, with a starter less in your team, you can broaden your taste to what's in the wild. Instead of one given mon and five wild ones, you can have six wild caught ones. You have a extra spot for that one potential future partner you never thought you'd even consider in your team.

And besides, there's this thing called the PC, you can alternate your team at any time.
>>
>>31842775
>>31842716
>People who only use 6 Pokémon during singleplayer
despicable. True freedom starts with at least 18 Pokémon.
>>
>>31842137
Wait there's something that you said over here that was wrong, and I can't leave it be, you said
>Decidueye wearing glasses.
Witch if you don't know, he's not, it's a mask, you know like green arrow, why do you people keep on calling it glasses, it doesn't even have lens.

Kek.
>>
>>31842936
Actually.... it really does look like glasses.

Stay mad I guess.
>>
>>31839272
Only people who have good taste, and want to actually be challenged by the game.
>>
>>31839272
I injected all three
>>
>>31840479
>In fact, I expected Incineroar to do the best in Japan, with Tiger Mask being a thing and all.
Idolshit>Wrestling every time
>>
me. And he was fun for main game usage. I don't really had a use for him post game though so he gets to stay at poke pelago for the rest of his life.
>>
File: image.png (13KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13KB, 514x514px
>there are still owlfags on /vp/
Seriously, this board has gone so far down the drain. Just a few months ago this place was lively and The shitposting was actually endearing. This is just pathetic.
>>
>>31840839
>>31840968
the design is based off giant long legged owls that used to live in hawaii
>>
>>31844983

Imagine being this delusional.
>>
>>31848538
Funny I was about to say the same thing about you delusional baragfags,

And you baragfags get really delusional when it comes to the anime too.

You might be sirperior in game but when it comes to everything else you baragfags stay down.
>>
>>31848671
>Everyone I disagree with is a barafag

Get a grip
>>
>>31839272
evrybody who like memes
>>
>>31839272
The only decent starter this gen.
>>
>>31848722
Rowlet? No, not really, it's one of the worst in recent years if anything
>>
>>31840321
>Is this the new fire/fighting?
No because the problem with that was all Fire/Fightings are starters, there is only 1 Grass/Ghost starter
>>
>>31840464
Take away 30 from either special attack or special defense or both and give him at least 100
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.