[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought sugar was toxic for dogs!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: AroraPix.gif (2MB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
AroraPix.gif
2MB, 500x353px
>>
I thought it was chocolate that was bad for dogs
>>
>>31837416
A lot of things are bad for dogs. Like grapes for instance or certain types of plant leaves, which they eat grass and rocks and stuff for digestive reasons.
>>
>>31837416
My dog eats chocolate, he is fine.
>>
>>31837424
You shortened his lifespan by 5 years. Are you happy?
>>
>>31837401
Chocolate contains theobromine, a compound that in high amounts causes liver failure
>>
>>31837424
Depends on how much they eat. If they eat they begin to projectile vomit.

Its not good for dogs, it slowly damages their liver if they continue eating it.
>>
>>31837428
Nah he is fine.
>>
>>31837433
My dog drinks small amounts of chocolate milk on a daily basis, he has eaten a bag of Mars Pods and a box of Brownies so far, is he rip?
>>
>>31837446
If you keep feeding him that yes. You're going to cause liver failure in him and then his life is going to be shit.

But at this point, you've got him so used to it that breaking him from it is going to be hard. Stop feeding chocolate to dogs.

Why are you feeding him chocolate milk instead of water anyways?
>>
>>31837446
yes, he will die.
>>
>>31837424
Your dog can eat a small amount of chocolate without ill effects, but you shouldn't let him have any.

The problem with chocolate is this:
>>31837431

Human livers process it very fast so it doesn't build up. Dog livers don't. He won't keel over suddenly but he'll get progressively sicker unless you give his body time to get that shit out.
>>
>>31837464
>>31837472
I said small amounts, my kids drink Up and Go chocolate milk in little boxes and when they're done the give it to him.
7 year old German Shepherd, 50kg idk..
When will he die, vet-anon?
>>
>>31837493
They don't always get it out, its as someone pointed out, why dogs eat grass, it helps to deal with digestion and intestinal problems regarding the kidneys and livers.

So if the dog isn't eating grass or sometimes rocks, then he might not ever properly get it all out and it'll continue to build up.
>>
>>31837509
Whenever he dies, I can't determine that. He could live another 3 years or another 13. I have no idea.

Small amounts aren't going to hurt him, but you don't know how his digestion is working and whether theobromine is building up in his liver or not. Its best to stop your kids immediately and tell them that dogs can't have chocolate. The foot needs to come down on that immediately before they decide to give him an entire box so he can drink with them.
>>
>>31837401
I'm sure a high-powered blizzard summoning fox can handle a little chocolate.
>>
>>31837515
Its just tiny amounts of left over choc milk, nothing big. I guess i should just hide chocolate food.
>>
>>31837528
I'm sure it won't hurt him, but just in case, cut it out and explain it to your kids. Keep grapes away from the dog as well. Those are even worse for them. Might want to look up what dogs can and can't eat just in case and explain that to your kids. Which also includes certain types of plants. Some of them will almost instantly cause their livers to shut down if they get a hold of them, some of which are common house plants you can buy.

Hopefully your kids are smart enough and will understand just fine. I know some kids aren't and will do it intentionally just to prove their parents wrong, and...well we know how that usually goes.
>>
>>31837423
And love.

Love is bad for dogs.
>>
If you're reading this thread, your dog is FUCKING DEAD and it's YOUR FAULT.
>>
>>31837936
*You're
holy shit you're retarded.
>>
>>31837977
says the noob who fed milk choclate to his dog. end urself
>>
>>31837990
>not sharing chocolate milk with your loved ones
you should be banned from 4chan
>>
File: 85.png (90KB, 521x651px) Image search: [Google]
85.png
90KB, 521x651px
>/vp/ wants pokemon to exist in real life
>Can't even take care of their normal fucking pets
>>
>hurr durr chocolate is bad for dogs
Vegan tier argument.
>>
>>31838039
Have fun killing your pets.
>>
>>31838020
lol people who mention 4chan always sound like the most obvios newfags. end urself, kid. you must be 18 or older to post on ths site
>>
>>31837424
t. absolute retard
>>
>>31837428
my dog eats chocolate too and he's 14 years old
>>
You're now aware that Lucario is responsible for the unjust deaths of numerous pet dogs through the years merely by existing.

Lucario is cancer in more than one way.
>>
I don't I've ever seen so many retarded pet owners in one place before. What a sight to behold.
>>
>>31837401
You.. you do know that both Kantoian and Alolan Vulpix lines are based on Japanese fox spirit thingies right? No canines here.
>>
>he doesn't share chocolate with man's best friend
No wonder you greedy faggots are unlikeable. Even your dog hates you...
>>
>>31838090
He could either be really lucky or an odd case for some bizarre health reason, but he is definitely a rare exception to the rule that theobromine is toxic to dogs. My nephews' dog died within a year of eating a bar of baking chocolate due to theobromine toxicity.
>>
It's fine you guys, I'm a dogkin and I eat chocolate all the time.
>>
>>31838111
Foxes are dogs u retard
>>
>>31838105
Even more than /an/?
>>
>>31837401
It's a fox monster, not a dog.
>>
>>31838256
/an/ would have an aneurysm if they saw this thread right now.
>>
Cute! Alolan Vulpix is cute!
>>
File: bellossom_by_sailorclef.png (285KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
bellossom_by_sailorclef.png
285KB, 550x550px
>/vp/ vicariously lives through pokemon because they're unfit to raise pets IRL
>>
>>31838894
>Mfw this is the reality
Oh shit.
>>
>>31837424
The dose makes the poison.
>>
Hoo boy. This thread is going to make one nice screencap thanks to some shitlord killing their dog with a chemical most animals can't handle in the amounts we consider casual.
>>
>there are people on this planet who feed their pets chocolate and think it won't have even the slightest effect on their health
How dumb can you be? If you wanna give your dog something nice just give it some meat leftovers and it'll be happy. Carrot bits and bananas should be fine too. Water only. Otherwise stick to dog food, it was made for dogs after all.
>>
>>31837401
1. It's not.
2. That's not a dog.

>>31837416
It is. Sugar is fine, although it will still make them fat.
>>
>>31839712
foxes are dogs
>>
>>31841722
This
>>
>>31841722
stop trying to force this meme, my vulpix is not a fucking dog
>>
>>31841751
But is your Vulpix fucking a dog?
>>
>>31837528

Would you feed your kids tiny amounts of poison every morning? If your kids are the ones doing it then you need to be a fucking parent and tell them to stop it otherwise the dog will die.
>>
File: 1481907420693.jpg (70KB, 848x888px) Image search: [Google]
1481907420693.jpg
70KB, 848x888px
>it's another 20 triggered nerds falling for the bait and repeating "ACKSHULLY they're not dogs" like anyone actually gives a shit episode
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.