[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want following Pokémon back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

File: water.png (2MB, 1057x792px) Image search: [Google]
water.png
2MB, 1057x792px
I want following Pokémon back.
>>
For what purpose?
Doesn't do anything
>>
>>31830195
It's very endearing and helps me bond with them better than Refresh does. Also makes the world feel a little more alive.
>>
>>31830195
if we follow that logic you should just blow your head off since you dont do much either, bud
>>
File: oCxGOLM.jpg (24KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
oCxGOLM.jpg
24KB, 400x386px
>>31830210
Savage.
>>
File: HELP ME IM SUICIDAL.png (29KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
HELP ME IM SUICIDAL.png
29KB, 882x1289px
>we will never get following pokemon back
>>
>>31830206
This.

It was always conspicuous how you'd see NPCs with their Pokemon just hanging around in their house or something and then yours only emerged to battle or use an HM move.
>>
>>31830195
It feels less lonely, helps with immersion, since they don't talk you won't get mad at their cringe worthy dialogue like your friends from gens 5 and 6, its also a great way of bounding with your bros
>>31830210
wew lad
>>
>>31830151
We almost had it back in sun & moon but it got cut
>>
>>31830292
Either that or it's pre-work for the next game.
>>
>>31830304
I want to believe but that would be putting too much hope in modern gamefreak. I've learned not to get hype after gen 7
>>
File: 1458257401196.jpg (57KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
1458257401196.jpg
57KB, 500x748px
>>31830151
>>
You almost had it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPd7vwocuY

Every single pokemon apparently has a walking/running animation in SM. Although one or two still seem a little buggy.
>>
>>31830151
me too, anon.
it makes the game feels like an adventure between you and your partners
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-13-04-43-55.png (511KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-13-04-43-55.png
511KB, 1280x720px
>>31830210
There's some irony in here.
>>
>>31830210
>>
>>31830210
Please don't let this became an "epik burn XD" thread.
>>
On a more serious note, if we follow the "why should it return, doesn't do anything" logic, then what are why are we playing the main games when we could just play Showdown instead?
>>
>>31831509
>implying
>>
>>31830151
It almost came back, but got cut since SM was thrown out the door.
>>
>>31830195
This. There's literally no fucking point in it.
>>
>>31830195
It's completely optional (the game isn't forcing you to interact with your pokemon) and people liked it
I bet you don't even pet your pokemon baka
>>
I refuse to believe that all those walking and running animations for EVERY SINGLE POKEMON, FORM, AND MEGA THAT EVER EXISTED was all for nothing.
>>
>Pokemon fanbase has the only fans you see NOT wanting optional, immersive, and overall enjoyable content.
This fanbase is full of sour little shits.
>>
>>31831671
Then why are you playing the games in the first place?
>>
>>31830435
>>31831607
>>31831779
>tfw this is why everyone in the game constantly thanks you and the first pokemon in your party. Because it was meant to be there with you the whole time

Is there literally any explanation why this wasn't implemented? You can't even say it's because SM was rushed, since it was already finished just not added.
>>
>>31831835
I don't get your point
>>
>>31831671
>t. injectfag
>>
File: 1481678583624.jpg (57KB, 620x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481678583624.jpg
57KB, 620x716px
>>31831805
>overall enjoyable content.
>>
>>31831896
I don't understand your point either
>>
>>31831892
Because SM was rushed.
>>
fags who keep their pokémon in pokéballs:
>get mugged from behind
>lose all their hard earned shmekles and slaves

me:
>has following pokémon always out
>never mugged, nobody fucks with me easily, even the shouldermon buys quick time to retaliate
>I don't look like a loner edgelord and I actually have somebody to interact and create easy exposition with in the story other than teleporting and nonstop NPCs who flood me with dialogue for just for taking a shit at the pokémon center

people who were triggered by HGSS will argue this
>>
>>31831894
The Games are full of content that "has no point to them". The only thing that matters is battling right?
>>
>>31832072
>The only thing that matters is battling right?
No? What the fuck?
>>
>>31831946
You guys are literally akin to kids who don't ask for more toys, and then actually gets upset when your parents buy more for you anyways.
>>
>>31832086
Then why do you object to those who want following Pokemon to return?
>>
>>31832116
I still don't get your point. All I'm saying is that it's a purely irrelevant thing, a mere gimmick
>>
File: 1462849309645.jpg (107KB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462849309645.jpg
107KB, 619x480px
>>31830210
holy shit
>>
>>31832125
My point isn't so much as saying that it was an important feature that needs to come back, but why support its exclusion, specifically in the face of those who want it back? It kinda makes you(generally speaking) sound like you actually want LESS content in your games, irrelevant or not.
>>
>>31831892
>You can't even say it's because SM was rushed, since it was already finished just not added.
But you can.
>>
>>31832099
We want more enjoyable content, but it sounds as if you're comparing the whole of /vp/ to toddlers, which is something not recommended to do.
>>
>>31832235
I'm not supporting the exclusion; I'm just saying it's totally irrelevant whether or not it's there in the first place
I prefer quality over quantity
>>
>>31832247
Eh, it's just an analogy. I'm not literally implying /vp/ is full of kids.
>>
>>31831990
>>31832244
But it exists.

It's in the game.

Even if it's rushed the feature is complete.
>>
>>31832271
>I prefer quality over quantity
And having a feature like following Pokemon in the kind of game Pokemon is diminishes the quality? what?

Actually, I've always felt that the quality>quantity argument has no bearing on Pokemon, because it's the type of series that literally benefits from more, not less.
>>
>>31832330
It still wasn't added to the final game despite the assets for said feature being complete therefore it was rushed.
>>
File: 1486818734869.png (214KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486818734869.png
214KB, 448x450px
>>31830151
there are people in this thread right now who dont want poke follow back
>>
>>31831896
Whats t. ?
>>
>>31831892
>Is there literally any explanation why this wasn't implemented?
It wasn't for following pokemon like everyone assumes, they're just debug shit and potential finder mon.
>>
>>31830210
yaaaas queen slaaaay
>>
>>31830151
Me too pal.
Immersive. I still keep my Jigglypuff in my party and pretend its following me.
>>
>>31831892
No proper explanation. It's more likely that it was just planned for the next game. That would make sense if the next game is in Alola again.
>>
What if...
>A Pokemon game where your mom's actually follow you...
>If you talk to them, it opens Refresh/Amie
>>
>>31837280
Oh god! I meant "Mons"!
>>
File: holyshit.jpg (21KB, 150x147px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.jpg
21KB, 150x147px
>>31830335
Dat girth
>>
>>31830210
Ow the edge
>>
>>31830151
I don't. Pokemon are just fine inside Poke Balls. If I want to play with them, I can with Amie/Refresh. There's no need to waste time with something like this.
It worked for HGSS because it used sprites and top-to down camera angle. Now imagine having a Groudon or a Guzzlord behind you. It WILL have to be resized dramatically just so it doesn't block all your view. Seeing a 5 feet tall Guzzlord would only break the immersion and it will still block the screen. Fuck that. I liked it in HGSS, but I can do without it in 3D games.
>>
>>31833311
>they're just debug shit and potential finder mon.
The inclusion of legendaries and megas throws that one in the shitter pretty handily, though.
>>
>>31837344
>Seeing a 5 feet tall Guzzlord would only break the immersion
Literally this. As if in-battle trainers didn't break it enough.
>>
>>31837344
They wouldn't have to do it for everything, and that would be preferable.
>>
>>31830206
>It's very endearing and helps me bond with them better than Refresh does
It really doesn't. Random recycled messages that every Pokemon has doesn't make it better. The only good thing is that it gives you items.
>>
>>31837370
Maybe it didn't for you. I had quite a bit more attachment to my HGSS team than any other game, it's easy enough to fill in the blanks on dialogue, and modern platforms can flesh that out a lot more too.

Not everything really has to serve an inherently "useful" purpose, it's ultimately a game meant to entertain and pass time. We aren't robots.
>>
>>31837280
>mom
Anon..
>>
>>31831892
No, but either way, there's nothing that suggests it was for having the Pokemon follow you. They had walking and running animation, that's it. It could've been for anything. Maybe they had some minigame planned where Pokemon moved, but scraped it later.
I really doubt Pokemon following you will ever return, period.
>>
>>31831892
Maybe that's for the camera/photo thingy.
>>
>>31830195
Nothing in the games besides the main story has any purpose. May as well not have had Contests in ORAS or the Battle Maison/Tree in Gen 6/7. They don't serve any purpose either other than keeping the player entertained, which following Pokémon does as well.
>>
>>31830195
>"Look mom! I posted it again!!"
>>
>>31830435
>Sees Popplio line's "walking" animation
>Imagines bullying my Primarina by running and making her chase me as fast as she can
What has this board done to me?
>>
>>31837404
I'm not going to agree with the other anon, but your argument is even more bullshit. Contests and Tree does have a purpose. They have things you can do. That's what a game is about. Things to do. Tasks to complete. Pokemon following you doesn't. It is, at best, closer to aesthetic change than anything.
>>
>>31837389
>I really doubt Pokemon following you will ever return, period.
I don't see why that would be the case. GF seems to be shifting in a direction towards those kinds of features, followers have a pretty universal appeal among normies and more dedicated fans alike, and they aren't a significant game-changer especially if implemented correctly.

Supposedly there was some cut feature that had your mon running up to you after a battle which explained the inclusion of legendaries and megas in the running/walking sets. Even if that did end up being the original purpose, that just makes the potential addition of followers later down the road all the easier, it would be a lot of time and money wasted not to get the most out of those assets.
>>
>>31837422
Because it isn't practical. As another anon pointed out, the change in camera angle means that if you have Pokemon following you, most of the times that Pokemon block you and other NPCs on screen. Not only that, but since it isn't grid-based anymore and the games are in 3D, it can lead to a lot of awkward problems, such as going through some simple doorways or just being in a small space with a large Pokemon behind you. You'd see nothing and the Pokemon would hardly even fit unless they made every Pokemon so small it doesn't even matter.

It's liked by many, but it isn't as practical as it used to be. It would take too long to perfect. It's not even something that important. Poke Balls exist for a reason. The games let you play with your Pokemon, and I think focusing on improving that is more important than Pokemon following you.
>>
>>31837353
Wait, megas have running animations too?
Doesn't that debunk that this had anything to do with having the pokemon follow you?
>>
>series is all about catching pokemon and doing stuff with them
>but you can't do much with them other than fight
>>
>>31837467
But most of these problems could be alleviated by addressing them on a selective basis just as they did in HGSS sending certain mons into their balls where they wouldn't fit or would look unsightly. The doorway problem could also be solved in this way, many other games can handle these kinds of decisions just fine.

>The games let you play with your Pokemon, and I think focusing on improving that is more important than Pokemon following you.
Continued improvement to refresh would definitely be fine, although it doesn't help bring the world to life any further. You can't entirely go off practicality, after all, it's still a game.

>>31837480
It sure could in that same way. But is there anything that says mega evolution can only exist in a battle? It's not like introducing permanent mega evolution as long as the proper items are held would really change the game that much since you can evolve and make a move in the same turn anyway.

It makes more being intended for some sort of following feature than the finder which might not even make it to future games anyway.
>>
File: dwHlKx-J.jpg (18KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
dwHlKx-J.jpg
18KB, 281x281px
>>31830210
delicious
>>
>>31830151
That's just pointless effort. Effort that could've been put into something that makes it easier to immerse or letting you play with your Pokemon, rather than having Pokemon follow you and get in your way, a lot of which will just float around.
If they decide to resize the Pokemon for overworld, at that point, they might as well just remove their sizes entirely at that point. If a Pokemon is resized in battles and on overworld, is there any point in the game telling you they are actually larger, but you just see them smaller?

Even if everything doesn't have to have a point, if you have to ignore per-established rules and sizes for something you really, really don't need, then it is a waste. I'm not saying it shouldn't return, but having a 4 feet tall Rayquaza is follow you is not something anyone needs nor would it really bring the world to life in any meaningful way.
>>
>>31837382
Cool. That doesn't change that it still worse than Refresh as much as bonding goes.
>>
>>31837362
Yeah, just Charizard and Greninja
>>
>>31832287
Diaper beam lol
>>
>>31832271
A meaningless term that is entirely subjective and always only used to defend a game you like not having content
>>
>>31837573
but most large pokemon are resized for battles outside a select few already

>>31837590
You are implanting your views of both on the whole franbase.
>>
>>31830210
Edgy. You probably thought you sounded cool.
>>
>>31830151
I don't. It always felt off. Kind of like how in those games the player character is the only one with a running animation. It doesn't make sense that no one else does it besides you. I'd rather all or nothing.

Also with 3D it's even less feasible. Back then it was a sprite that only took a single grid of space. If it's difficult enough for Stoutland to fit in corridors I can't imagine how difficult it would be for all the other big guys.
>>
>>31837823
>but most large pokemon are resized for battles outside a select few already
It's excusable because "it's only in battles". If it was in battles, and overworld, then it is not.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.