[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the representation of a Smogonfag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Paul_DP.png (20KB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
Paul_DP.png
20KB, 200x400px
Is he the representation of a Smogonfag?
>>
>Gen 4
>no garchomp in team
>never used sneaky pebbles
>smogon fag

Nah he was just a edgy tier trainer that liked fancy shit like focus blast and blaze
>>
>>31826622

I'd love a series about Paul, his rival would be Barry... Gen 4 Barry, not hyper fag anime Barry.
>>
>>31826658
>Gen 4 Barry, not hyper fag anime Barry
Literally the same character.
>>
Let's see.

>ditches what will eventually become Infernape
>ditches Azumarill just because of one battle
>Speed Boost but no Baton Pass
>Has a OHKO move
>Wasting a slot on Gliscor for Sandstorm
>Mixed attackers

I'll let Gastrodon off for being a mixed attacker because I can see Body Slam being used as a gimmicky version of Nuzzle.

On the other hand

>Gutsbear
>Great Black Otaku's ace
>Gliscor with Knock Off
>>
>>31826658
>>31826698
In my opinion Barry had more personality in the anime than in the games, which is a phenomenon, because ashnime is dumb in most parts. The whole D&P series was bizarre because it was really good compared to the other series. But it will never be as good as any Pokemon Adventures chapter.
>>
>>31826658
>>31826698
>>31826948
Even game barry was a hyper faggot. hell game barry is the one thats worse in my book honesty. Dude sucks so bad his father even fucking left him.
>>
>>31826622
That would be Tobias. He has no problem using hacked Pokemon as long as the rules allow them.
>>
>>31826622
The weird thing I find about Paul is how he treated Chimchar. It was pretty blatant abuse, it was pretty much called abuse in the show, and Ash had to spend a lot of time healing it of its trauma. But Paul never gets properly called out on it and pretty much gets a free pass because apparently abuse is ok when you treat the rest of your team fine.
>>
I stopped watching the anime for a while because of this guy
>>
>>31826985
He would be my favorite character if he didn't treat Chimchar so bad. For me the moment he released him was much sadder than Bye Bye Butterfree. I felt so sorry for the poor thing.
>>
>>31826985
I'd argue it wasn't just clear abuse. He had Chimchar fight his own Pokemon to train it. It is, in the end, just a fight. That's pretty much what everyone does. Ash fighting a Champion like Diantha with his team, even though he knows they'll get their shit kicked in, is the same thing. The only difference is, Paul called Chimchar shit because he couldn't do anything, while Ash was friendly with his team regardless of that.
>>
>>31826734
Chmchar didn't grow or evolve in his care, and likely wouldn't. They just weren't the right fit. It was a waste of his time to train it, while it blossomed under Ash's care.
>>
>>31827226
He had it beaten to near death and constantly put it up in fights against its phobia, and it's really, really clear from its time with Ash that it had horrible PTSD and trauma issues resulting from Paul's training. And the one time a medical professional made it clear under no uncertain terms that Chimchar was too injured to fight the following day, guess what the asshole did.

In front of a live plus televised audience.
>>
>>31827293
Thats why hes like smogon impersonated.
He only cared about the strongest pokemon.
>>
REMOVE BLAZE
REMOVE VOLTECCER
>>
>>31827293
It's just a cartoon bro
>>
>tfw always named my rival Paul when I was playing Gold ever since the first time I played it
>no paticular reason, 7 year old me just thought that name fits him
>a couple years later they make this faggot for the anime
>he's a fucking douchebag and his name is Paul
I'm still baffled what the fuck man
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.